Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,352 members, 7,815,741 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:26 PM

Single Mothers Experience - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Single Mothers Experience (7379 Views)

8 words of advice for the Unmarried Single Mothers. / Guys, Can You Marry A Single Mother? Single Mothers, what are your experiences? / Thread For Single Mothers/ Fathers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Single Mothers Experience by DorisK(f): 2:46pm On Oct 13, 2014
I am the second in a family of eight. My dad was a police officer while mum was a trader. When I was fifteen Dad died in an explosion where he went on a distress call. Mum dint want to go bac to village so she started bugging me nd my elder sister to get married wen I turned seventeen nd my sister eighteen nd half. It was in my third year that I got to kno Raphael. He was a business man gentle to the core. Good looking nd charming. No girl cud resist him. He took ova my education, was contributing to the family's welfare showering us wt gifts nd made me fall in love with him. At the beginning of my final yr He proposed to me wit a very beatiuful nd expensive ring in a resturant. Unknown to me he collected my close friends' numbers nd invited dem. I wanted to hesitate that it was so fast that we shudnt rush tins bt he started begging nd even shed tears I loved him d wanted to be his wife bt nt this soon however I accepted. Immediately the lights came on nd everyone shouted congratulations!!!! I was stunned to see all our friends. Everyone in d resturant was there for us nd were waiting fo me to accept. I was so impressed nd was drunk in love with him. He was this perfect guy bt there was somtin wrong.......... He looked down on people sometimes me, though he was quick to apologise nd make amends. But in a few days or even few minutes he wud always go bac to his behavior. He shouts at me disgraced me in public insults me nd sometimes bangs the phone on me. My weakness was that he always apologizes almost immediately nd is always sorry. I had it up to here. I complained to my mum even though I know she wud kill me if I sed I dint want to marry him. She gently pointed out that marriage was nt a bed of roses nd she was nt ready to stop the flow of gud tins. My elder sister told me hw she was giving her hell for nt getting married nd insults her every day. She sed if I dint want that I shud manage nd marry d guy dat tin wud iron out wt time. She encouraged me to go on wit d wedding prep. Within four months we were married nd within ten months of marriage I gave him a child. We were so happy. Four months after my baby came I understood the meaning of "Marriage was nt a bed of roses. I had graduated nd was serving immediately after my service a school around my area advertised for teachers. I was always bored as he was rarely at home always on business trips. I asked him if I cud apply bt he refused I went ahead nd applied. I was taken. The day I told him I got the job I got the beating of my life. He had beaten me bfo bt nt like a child. This one he used cane belts chairs his hands nd anytin he cud find.....I fainted
Re: Single Mothers Experience by ogaofficer(m): 2:54pm On Oct 13, 2014
Kai!!! Some guys are jst wicked sha.

1 Like

Re: Single Mothers Experience by thorpido(m): 3:11pm On Oct 13, 2014
Your story is not complete.

Well,your dad's unfortunate passing was no reason for you to sign the contract of I'll-take-care-of-you-i'll-marry-you.Your mum just wanted the easy way out though I know it's not easy being a widow with kids.

What you have now can kill you.A man who beats you till you faint can step up his 'game'.It's good you have applied for a job which is very important.You need a source of income and be self-sufficient.It's a good thing you have just one child.
You will be better separated from the bully you married.

3 Likes

Re: Single Mothers Experience by Merlissa(f): 3:14pm On Oct 13, 2014
God is your strength!
Re: Single Mothers Experience by stinggy(m): 4:00pm On Oct 13, 2014
I was not here
Re: Single Mothers Experience by danben(m): 4:11pm On Oct 13, 2014
God is your strength
Re: Single Mothers Experience by Kunbee: 4:18pm On Oct 13, 2014
Doris oya come and finish it
Re: Single Mothers Experience by Nobody: 4:39pm On Oct 13, 2014
Chineke o shocked OMG! Pele. Haaaa.

Hmmmm, now just carry the shame rob bodi and plan your exist. He would apologize...accept apology. But do maintain that you wanted the job still as compensation ( he had already beaten you for it so do not relent on the quest). It is only when you get to leave the house for a venture that you can effectively plan your exist.

Open an account that you will make as secret as possible. Then methodologically put money away for your child and yourself. The extended family shouldn't even be your priority... Everyman for himself, God for us all. Now that the uglies are out, I bet they don't have more than 'sorries' to offer. Of course, ensure you don't get preggers again...and BOLT!

The Lord is your strength.

3 Likes

Re: Single Mothers Experience by misssPepper(f): 4:53pm On Oct 13, 2014
1st of all, go to a health centre for contraceptives. It's cheap. Somehow start saving money, d deed has already been done, take ur time, play d fool so he won't beat u again. Be calm like Ntn is happening. But, girl, plan ur exit! It will get worse if u stay. Unless u have signed up for a life of misery

1 Like

Re: Single Mothers Experience by bigheart2013(m): 5:03pm On Oct 13, 2014
Sista, sorry ooo! But till I hear from Raphael's side of the story I won't say a word lipsrsealed

Some people know how to attract sympathy but when u finally hear what they did, what they are doing and what they plan to do, you sef will run to TB Joshua to seek cover. A woman nearly made me go beat up her husband when she narrated to me what her husband was doing to her. Thank God I took my time and heard from her husband.. hmmm that women was 100% loyal to her pastor, abandoned family and slept in church on night vigil tarry nights, etc. She even brought some fetish objects home like blessed oil, candles, white handkerchiefs, baby dolls and nearly turned the man's house into a shrine. Until one day the man caught her sprinkling some liquid on his suits. That was what caused the fight and not the reason the woman gave me. women eeeeh! Haba!!

3 Likes

Re: Single Mothers Experience by DorisK(f): 10:27pm On Oct 13, 2014
...... He went to my employee nd raked hell hw they are enticing a woman to disobey her husband. He came bac nd after shouting at me told me dat my employee sed he will only withdraw d job if I came personally nd sed I dint need d job again, of course I refused. He used different mechanism to make me succumb including raping me at a point after of which I got pregnant again!

To cut d long story short after six months i cudnt continue wit d job cos I was nt emotionally balanced. I still had house chores to deal wit so I quitted d job n had my baby. I thank God I dint hav miscarriage so I named her miracle. Her father always mocked us by calling her obstacle bt it's well.
Wen miracle was 1 yr nd eight months old I wanted to start job again I decided dis time to inform my loving husband bfo going nd he sed over his dead body n dat I shud consider mysef dead if I take a job. I shud stay home nd bear him kids dats why he married a poor church rat like me. He asked me why I needed a job was to flaunt mysef for guys. After all he was taking care of me nd my wretched family. I replied dat if he dint allow me I wud go bac to my family after all mum had rained me almost to d end bfo I met him. He laughed at me nd said he knew I won't go anywhere cos my family can't do witout him as their only source of income dat he was sure they wud chase me bac ( truly he had been caring for my family despite treating me like a ware) I complained to my family nd received d same advise they gave me wen I was getting married so I swallowed my suffering until one day a letter came frm a company I had gone for an interview alas he received it.
Wat I hrd as I was bathing was " honey I tot I told u dat u can get a job only if u wanted to die" confused I asked "nd so?" He drew me out of d tub nd used his belt thoroughly on me I pretended to hav fainted wen I cud bear it no more nd he sed "wen u wake up we shall continue from where we stopped nd stormed out, Eh?? I packed out dat very nyt with d help of a neighbor. Early d next morning I went bac to my fathers house. They wept wit me on seeing my body nd rained curses on him. For one week hussy dint call. My sis nd her husband called him to kno wat happend bt it's either he dint pik or he abused dem. so my inlaw nd my mum nd bro went to see him to ask wat happened. They got theree nd saw him merriing wit harlots. He even pretended he dint know dem. they tried to speak wit him bt he told dem to leave his house nd Neva com again to beg him for money since their goose at laid the golden egg has decided to run to her numerous boyfriends. They came bac nd we started managing life togeda. My sister had married but her husband wasn't dat rich they jst helped a little so after some months my mum started her own war.......... Just like my sister earlier predicted........ TBC
Re: Single Mothers Experience by dapsy4u2(m): 10:34pm On Oct 13, 2014
Why the breaks :/
Re: Single Mothers Experience by stinggy(m): 9:08am On Oct 14, 2014
DorisK, before I read further pls is it fiction or non-fiction?
Just curious
Re: Single Mothers Experience by blank(f): 9:25am On Oct 14, 2014
Definitely fiction.

The young lady has not even started serving as can be seen from this quote:

DorisK:
Shuuu? I dint receive any text o. Or is it jst fo doz dat paid d 4 k

Yet in her story, she said she finished serving at least 3 years ago.

DorisK:
Four months after my baby came I understood the meaning of "Marriage was nt a bed of roses. I had graduated nd was serving immediately after my service a school around my area advertised for teachers.

And another quote:
DorisK:
I sed am not searching. I dint say I won't marry if a gud man seeks my hand in marriage. Nd am 25 stil enjoying my youth ready for marriage bt nt hunting cos it's nt worth it. Just to cause d girl a long term anxiety dat is unwarranted. Nd if I hav a fiancée am I not single Or am I searching? Busy bodies Got it?

4 Likes

Re: Single Mothers Experience by dominique(f): 10:40am On Oct 14, 2014
I'm finding it difficult to believe this story. Even before blank pulled her past posts out, the story just dey one kain. I'm in a mood to read fiction tho, so Dorris come and complete what you started
Re: Single Mothers Experience by DorisK(f): 10:51am On Oct 14, 2014
blank:
Definitely fiction.

The young lady has not even started serving as can be seen from this quote:

Yet in her story, she said she finished serving at least 3 years ago.

And another quote:

U Neva can tell. I cud either be writing an autobiography or a biography
Re: Single Mothers Experience by DorisK(f): 11:22am On Oct 14, 2014
She started complaining hw my kids ate a lot. If I had money for dis or dat. I Neva sed anytin until my sis visited home wit her kid nd I was asked to move frm my room for her I refused nd hell was let loose. I reminded her hw she was d one dat pushed me to marry Ralph. D nxt day mum askd me to either o bac nd beg my husband or find were to go. I was expecting dat so I called my roommate wen in sch nd asked if I cud leave my kids wit her for a while to sort mysef out. She agreed nd we moved out during d weekend despite my siblings plea to ignore our mum. I left my kids wit christy nd went to anoda state far from my state I squatted in d Catholic Church boys quarters until I found a private N/P sch dat pays enof money to at least pay house rent nd feed my kids

I went nd collected my kids nd we started life anew. I was a sad lonely lady. Who was mad at d whole male gender. Weneva I went to seek for job nd the proprietor was a man I left d job. I had so much hatred for men dat I wished my two kids were girls. I was angry at life generally. My only source if joy was seeing my kids sef nd far from doz dat caused me misery. I switched of my line nd was like lost to d world. Sometimes I used hidden lines to speak wit my siblings maybe on Xmas nd birthdays bt u Neva went home for five yrs. No one in my area knew me I lived a simple life. Had no friends safe fo few neighbors nd colleagues at work who I dint allow close enof to visit. My kids knew jst me nd I knew jst dem. they were going to public schools nd wore jst okrika clothes. So were we feeding frm hand to mouth nd content wit wat we had till one day as I was bringing dem bac frm school some church crusade people stopped their vehicle beside me to invite me. I was in a haste nd was trying to let dem kno I won't visit their programme as I hardly go to church. Another man frm behind me collected d tract nd told me "we shall com u guys can leave as u can see she is in a haste nd he whiskd me away. I thanked him nd he wanted to introduce himself bt I left him. He persisted nd offerd to take us home, That made me stop a taxi nd told him to speed us. Luckily Mr whoeva dint folo us. On returning to pik d kids d nxt day I saw him bt weneva he tried talking to me I jst passed him nd Neva spoke to him... On d Friday after dat I went to pik my kids bt d teacher sed their uncle Samuel alredy took dem I shouted at d teacher nd threatend to kill her personally if they were nt at hom. I reached d gate nd saw mr whoeva smiling at me at d gate..... Wt my kids alredy in his car..... TBC
Re: Single Mothers Experience by Ezeanna: 2:25pm On Oct 14, 2014
DorisK....

I'm following your story (biography/autobiography)...

Come and complete it.
Re: Single Mothers Experience by prettiest1(f): 5:38pm On Oct 14, 2014
Hmmm Dorisk
Re: Single Mothers Experience by bennyrazz: 6:42pm On Oct 14, 2014
I am enjoying this story whether real or not grin grabs popcorn

6 Likes

Re: Single Mothers Experience by Zehner(f): 8:45pm On Oct 14, 2014
bennyrazz:
I am enjoying this story whether real or not grin grabs popcorn
me too. Give small popcorn na. There is love in sharing.

1 Like

Re: Single Mothers Experience by DorisK(f): 8:58pm On Oct 14, 2014
.... Well I shouted at him as I was scared alredy. I warned him to lay off my kids or I wud report to d police. He jst kept smiling each tym I was raking. I hated his guts.he found out my kids were my weaknes nd started coming tru dem buying dem tins droppin dem off frm sch wit his own kid. And By d tym d term went tru my kids had alredy started calling him Uncle Sam nd dat made him more irritating to me!
One day I agreed to go out wit him nd d kids. While they were playing nd I sat down wit him. He started telling me hw his ex wife walked out on him nd his son nd he has been scared to lov again bt as soon as he saw me he got a feeling dat he shud be frends wit me... I allowed him to land bfo I quietly nd politely told him to lay off me nd my kids. I told him I hated him d first day we saw nd I dint want to hav anytin wit him. He is annoying me by creating a connection wit my kids. Dat he shud do me a favor by separating frm me nd my kids. I ttok my kids nd left. He kept a distance for a while. Bt d kids kept bugging me about him at a ppoint I told dem he had stopped coming so they started sulking bt they soon got ova it cos I was nt bulging. I cudnt allow any oda man hurt me or my kids. We went bac to our lives. On d xmas party I went wt d kids nd was watchin dem dance. I hrd somone say hi nd turned to see him. Aagain!!! My smile dried up. I ignored him but He kept on rattlingabout his life problems, hw he loved his kid wit his life, his occupation nd everytin bout him. I wasn't listening. I was jst praying for time to rush so I cud leav, until suddenly we hrd a shout. My son George had sprained his ankle nd hit his head on d play slide while fighting wit anoda kid, I wasn't looking cos I wasn't concentrating. I got hysterical, we rushed him to a hospital bt he dint regain consciousness. I was prepared to commit suicide if he died. I neva knew I was narrating my ordeals in life while I was waailing.shoting hw hrtless life has treated me nd threatening to burn d world if I lost dis boy. I cried truout d nyt bt mr sam was wit me all tru. I refused to let my daughter out of my sight so he went home nd brought us food nd blankets. George came around d nxt evening but had to use crutches. Wen I went to kno wat our bill was they told me Mr sam had alredy paid it. I thanked him nd he took us home. For d first tym I invited him insde. We talked into d night. He sed he hrd all I was saying at d hospital dat I shud open uP to him,I dint say anytin. He sed I shud stil trust God who neva fails. I shud trust him dat he won't hurt me or my kids. I told him I was a divorcee nd dats all. I dint nid anyone. He said he wanted to be close bt I told him I can't bt he sed he won't giv up till I see him for who he truly was. wat kind of wahala is dis. He came twice daily to check on my son brought us provisions nd played wit them (that was a relieve as we were sooo broke) The more I told him I shall neva hav anytin to do wit a man the closer he came to us. My hrt was alredy locked so I decided to be enjoying d money nd ignored him. He was d one picking d kids frm sch everyday, helped goerge wit his health nd helped me wit d bills nd food. So I bcame free wit d kids. Until One day I went home nd d kids were nt ther I called him he dint pic. I died a hundred times. Wat hav I done to my sef. I knew dis man was danger frm wen I met him. I searched d sch d church our streets until midnight av nt still found my kids nd because of my stubborness I dint kno where he lived nd he neva offeerd to tel me cos I hardly allowed him into my house till d incident..... I had no close person to cry to, my neighbours jst gave their sympathy nd went bc inside. I was jst roaming d streets alone weeping and wAiling at dat nyt looking for d only tins dat kept me moving, I was lost in my predicament....... TBC
Re: Single Mothers Experience by bennyrazz: 9:05pm On Oct 14, 2014
Zehner:
me too. Give small popcorn na. There is love in sharing.
biko my popcorn no be free, oya comot 200naira give me grin
Re: Single Mothers Experience by Zehner(f): 9:13pm On Oct 14, 2014
bennyrazz:
biko my popcorn no be free, oya comot 200naira give me grin
Ahan! Be nice Oya mk I give u 20 naira. Chai! Have u read d last update? Chineke! Dem don steal her children o...Uncle sam o!
Re: Single Mothers Experience by bennyrazz: 9:56pm On Oct 14, 2014
Zehner:
Ahan! Be nice Oya mk I give u 20 naira. Chai! Have u read d last update? Chineke! Dem don steal her children o...Uncle sam o!
20naira too small, this popcorn get milk and honey inside am at the same time, the last update sweet like vitamin C.. Dorisk, don't keep us waiting for too long o! continues eating popcorn
Re: Single Mothers Experience by beau49: 10:07pm On Oct 14, 2014
Which kind thing be this? Chei!!!dorisK you get plan o

Please just it all at once jare
Re: Single Mothers Experience by prettiest1(f): 9:36am On Oct 15, 2014
This dorisk dey make shakara.
Re: Single Mothers Experience by AdimGreat(f): 1:03pm On Oct 15, 2014
@Dorisk, pls come n continue this your super story.
Those sharing popcorn can pls pass me some.

1 Like

Re: Single Mothers Experience by Zehner(f): 8:00pm On Oct 15, 2014
bennyrazz:
20naira too small, this popcorn get milk and honey inside am at the same time, the last update sweet like vitamin C.. Dorisk, don't keep us waiting for too long o! continues eating popcorn
No do like dis na! Okay let me pay 50 naira ori put corn under sun. No be to "pop" corn?
Re: Single Mothers Experience by DorisK(f): 8:33am On Oct 16, 2014
... As I was roaming d street I saw them squatting in front of a shop crying. This was about 2am! I felt relief anger shock pity fear nd different emotions at a time. I took dem hom in tears. They cudnt even talk they were both cold nd hungry. I mysef was too angry to eat for days. Hw cud I allow a man to do dis kind otin to me again? It was all because I threw my life at him. I trusted him. I took care of my kids for the rest of d week I dint go to work they dint go to school. The younger one was even sick wt fever nd cold. On sunday I decided to go to church jst to say thank yu to God after which I shal continue wt my malice wt him. After mass we came home nd met a jeep in front of my house, sam was inside in d back seat while anoda guy was in d drivers seat! He cudnt even com out. I dint kno weda to eat him raw or fry him bfo eatin. I finally jst stood nd let d tears roll. His friend tried to console me bt d tears turnd to sobs nd d sobs to wail nd den I was crying bitterly. The oda man tried to calm me down immediately he touched me I went into rage. I slapped him heavily nd pushed him away. I opened d car, grabbed sam frm d car as he hadn't even com down so I dragged him down. To my utmost surprise he fell right down wit no resistance. I stopped hitting him nd saw he was wearing POP on his neck nd bandages on his limbs. I stood stunned. He was crying too. His frend started explaining hw he had an accident three days ago on his way frm work n was unconsciius since den. He jst woke ds morning nd insisted he was brot to my place. (Skipping so many details) I entered d car wt d kids nd we went to his house. D place looked beatiful. We carried him in his wheel chair to d palor. D friend left to get some tins nd d kids went wit him. Wen we were alone he sed he was sorry nd asked me wat happend dat day. I cudnt explain in order nt to bring bac d agony. I told him nt to explain wat happened let bury d hatchet. We stayed silent for a long time.I dint kno wen I started weeping again. Den he drew his wheel closer to me nd held my hand nd was caressing d bac of my hands....
Re: Single Mothers Experience by stinggy(m): 9:20am On Oct 16, 2014
Getting interesting grin ...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Single Mothers Experience by DorisK(f): 9:59am On Oct 16, 2014
.... "Why ar u so sad darling?" He sed most earnestly "why are u punishing ursef so much? Wat eva happened in d past isn't worth u choosing to be dis unhappy all d days of ur youthn why nt let go??" "Yo won't understand" I replied weakly " if u kno wat I av seen in dis life u won't ask me to go out there and mix up wit d world, I don't want to talk about it" "u don't nid to talk about anytin I kno he hurt u. I kno u went tru hell wit him I kno u feel rejected nd alone in dis world bt ur stil Alive nd u hav kids to show for it, why nt let go". But I reAlised I dint want to let go. I was jst ok being sad nd alone. I needed a new life wit my kids ALONE. " Do u still love him? Sam asked. I jst stared. He repeated d qst. I cudnt reply. I suddenly realised d reasson I cudnt let go. We remained silent til his friend came bac wit d kids. We went home. I resumed work nd got a query. D kids resumed sch. After bringing dem bac frm sch we usually went to check on Sam cos his friend goes to work. At a point we had to Be sleeping ova cos I was d one taking care of his wounds nd it was stressful going nd coming frm my house. Things were moving fine though tensed. Time came for his broken leg to be rearranged. I took excuse from work nd I went wit him. It was so painful. He cried like a kid nd constantly hid his face in my bosssom. I took him hom nd held him. He was stil wincing nd uncomfortable. He cudnt eat he cudnt relax. I had an idea to make him relax bt dint kno if it was advisable. We were sitting on his bed nd his head was on my chest I was astride nd he sat btw my legs. I decided to console him by pecking his forehead bt he raised his head nd our lips met. He dint kiss me he jst held my head nd gazed into my eyes. I was uncomfortable so I moved. Bt dat was a msitake it pressed my lips to his nd he seized it.

It was warm. It was passionate. It was slow. I had been starved so u cud guess hw savagely it was. He was groaning I was moaning. We were both hungry. It happened like a magic bt lemme skip d details ( dis is nt d site for it, sorry). We had a long hot nd amazing sex...... I was surprised hw he cud go for it while hurt ( men!). Wen we were tru, I came down nd he laid back, spent. He slept. I went to d palor nd cried mysef out. Hw cud I do dis. Hw cud I let a man enjoy me again? Hw cud I enjoy mysef as if notin happened.

I dint check on him again until I brot d kids bac. They went to his room to greet him. He sent them to call me bt I cudnt face him again I felt ashamed nd cheap. I dint even use protection. I told d kids to tel him I wud com bac in d evening. He called my fon bt I dint pik. D next day I called his frend to tell him I can't get excuse from work again. Dat my boss was fed up wit my constant absense from work nd was threatening me. So we dint see for two days. I switched off my fon nd was bac to my sad sorrowful nd lonely world wit my kids

(1) (2) (Reply)

Marriage Palava part 3 / 10 Reasons why people Gets Drunk / Proof of Funds

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.