Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,312 members, 7,836,353 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:03 AM

Oando Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2014 - Jobs/Vacancies (50) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Oando Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2014 (227621 Views)

INEC Recruitment 2014 (ADHOC Staff Vacancies)-apply / Nigerian Navy Recruitment 2014/2015 Is Out / Shell Graduate Recruitment 2014 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) ... (57) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oando Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2014 by okzcorp: 9:58pm On May 10, 2015
The third part of the morning assessment is an analysis exercise. As the name suggests, the aim of this task is to assess your analytical and report-writing skills and to see how well you are able to compile, evaluate and summarise large quantities of information.

A typical exercise will provide you with information regarding a fictional company. Using the background information provided, you will be asked to compile a report, usually 1,500 words in length, for your KPMG line manager, outlining how KMPG would look to service the company and how you would approach the project.

You can expect to be given an hour to read the information and compile the report.

Tips for success:

1. Keep things simple: the aim of this exercise is to see how well you are able to take in and re-convey complex or dense information. The key is to produce a report that shows structure and clarity and that contains the key information. Stick to the word limit suggested and break down your report into easy manageable chunks, using sub-headings and bullet points where possible.

2. Remember who your reader is: your report is likely to be aimed for a KPMG manager so should be tailored as such. It needs to be formal, factual informative and adhering to the company’s tone and values (you should be quite familiar with these by now...).

3. Don’t sit on the fence: leave time to make recommendations at the end and to really show off your analytical skills. Don’t be afraid to show your creative side and think outside the box.

1 Like

Re: Oando Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2014 by faith2ogesco(m): 5:41am On May 11, 2015
okzcorp:
The third part of the morning assessment is an analysis exercise. As the name suggests, the aim of this task is to assess your analytical and report-writing skills and to see how well you are able to compile, evaluate and summarise large quantities of information.

A typical exercise will provide you with information regarding a fictional company. Using the background information provided, you will be asked to compile a report, usually 1,500 words in length, for your KPMG line manager, outlining how KMPG would look to service the company and how you would approach the project.

You can expect to be given an hour to read the information and compile the report.

Tips for success:

1. Keep things simple: the aim of this exercise is to see how well you are able to take in and re-convey complex or dense information. The key is to produce a report that shows structure and clarity and that contains the key information. Stick to the word limit suggested and break down your report into easy manageable chunks, using sub-headings and bullet points where possible.

2. Remember who your reader is: your report is likely to be aimed for a KPMG manager so should be tailored as such. It needs to be formal, factual informative and adhering to the company’s tone and values (you should be quite familiar with these by now...).

3. Don’t sit on the fence: leave time to make recommendations at the end and to really show off your analytical skills. Don’t be afraid to show your creative side and think outside the box.
KPMG Bro dis is like a written case study na. I think dats wat it is.cos analytical exercise is coming first
Re: Oando Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2014 by okzcorp: 10:04am On May 11, 2015
faith2ogesco:
KPMG Bro dis is like a written case study na. I think dats wat it is.cos analytical exercise is coming first

Well bro, that's the outcome of my research on analytical exercise. In the past experience, it was a short test, we analysed scenarios. Its unlikely to be the kpmg pattern.

Y'all should prep well and be wary of over domineering attitude. Please sheath ya multitasking attitude and ensure responsibilities is shared among group members. Prepare a slide of less than 5 pages and be terse in explanation." Smile always and evoke humor, it doesn't mean you are unserious"

Goodluck in your preparartions.
Re: Oando Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2014 by Jarus(m): 12:49pm On May 11, 2015
JarusHub Careers Consulting is organizing a special mock session on the forthcoming Oando Assessment Center for invited candidates and I think it is the best preparation anyone can have.

Session 1: Sunday, 2- 4.30pm
Session 2: Monday, 7pm - 9.30pm

Session 2 was developed for those who will be arriving Lagos on Monday.

Venue
JarusHub Office, 59 Queen Street, Alagomeji, Yaba, Lagos

Everything you will face at the real assessment center will be practiced/rehearsed at our mock sessions. You will also get the opportunity to do Group tasks with fellow candidates and that will boost your confidence. I, Jarus, am the Chief Coach and I'm coming with 7 years oil and gas industry experience and having undergone (or very familiar with) the recruitment process of virtually every company that matters in Nigeria.

See more details here: http://www.jarushub.com/jarushub-interview-preparation-service-jips/

2 Likes

Re: Oando Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2014 by Mclee: 6:23pm On May 11, 2015
To whom it may concern:

20th May; 1 pm; Reservoir Engineer Trainee; Charles
Re: Oando Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2014 by NemB: 8:17pm On May 11, 2015
Mclee:
To whom it may concern:

20th May; 1 pm; Reservoir Engineer Trainee; Charles

Please, what do u mean?
Re: Oando Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2014 by Mclee: 5:27pm On May 12, 2015
NemB:

Please, what do u mean?

Oh! I'm sorry for sounding ambiguous. I wanted to say that my AC is on the 20th of May, by 1pm as well and that I applied for Reservoir Engineering. My name is Charles.
Re: Oando Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2014 by seeker88(m): 11:37am On May 14, 2015
faith2ogesco:
Lemme chip in something here....
The 1st part of exercise in workforce assessment centre is usually d analytical exercise which is a written test.

It's pretty straight-forward. It shouldn't be an enormous task for someone who has come this far in d recruitment process. The test is about your ability to analyze data presented in any form in order to make a reasonable n productive conclusion/recommendation. Here, there's a wrong n right answer.....so be careful!

For example, u might be given a market survey's result of a new company who intends to use d Internet services of an ISP for their business. The ISP could have various internet services. In dis case, u would be given d internet need of d company and d various internet services obtainable from d ISP. So based on d data, u might be asked to choose d most suitable internet services for ur company. Here u have to compare d various options based on efficiency of d options to meet d internet needs of d new company while considering cost also.

Pls ignore my errors, had to make out time frm work to quickly write this.....

I wish u all d best in ur Assessment Centre with Workforce.
Cheers!!!
Re: Oando Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2014 by 4javu1: 3:36pm On May 14, 2015
seeker88:

The 1st part of exercise in workforce assessment centre is usually d analytical exercise which is a written test.

It's pretty straight-forward. It shouldn't be an enormous task for someone who has come this far in d recruitment process. The test is about your ability to analyze data presented in any form in order to make a reasonable n productive conclusion/recommendation. Here, there's a wrong n right answer.....so be careful!

For example, u might be given a market survey's result of a new company who intends to use d Internet services of an ISP for their business. The ISP could have various internet services. In dis case, u would be given d internet need of d company and d various internet services obtainable from d ISP. So based on d data, u might be asked to choose d most suitable internet services for ur company. Here u have to compare d various options based on efficiency of d options to meet d internet needs of d new company while considering cost also.

Cheers!!!

thanks baba that was very educative and didactic....can u enlighten us on d other stages too, I mean the group task n case study....
Re: Oando Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2014 by faith2ogesco(m): 11:44am On May 15, 2015
seeker88:

Cheers!!!
Thanks..u jux confirmed ma suspicions
Re: Oando Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2014 by seeker88(m): 2:08pm On May 15, 2015
4javu1:

thanks baba that was very educative and didactic....can u enlighten us on d other stages too, I mean the group task n case study....

For the group task, u can be given any scenario to discuss. For the group task in workforce AC, u would be in group of about 4 persons. U might be given a particular issue and three possible ways of solving the issue. So your task could be to thoroughly examine and discuss the various options presented and COLLECTIVELY come up with the best option/solution to the issue. It's advisable to avoid being an "oh! yes member" during the discussion. At the end of the discussion, you will collectively summarize your points in writing based on the options chosen and submit your write up to your assessor. Do not forget that you will have a limited period of time to discuss and summarize your points, so manage your time wella and avoid unnecessary arguments. Endeavour to arrive at a conclusion before running out of time.

For case study, you could be given a case scenario and asked to pinpoint the problems, solutions to the problems and your recommendation/conclusions.
For eg, you might see a brief outline about a company that was booming in their business area, all of a sudden, the same company started crumbling and almost at the point of folding up. So you would be asked to pinpoint the possible cause of this issue, the possible solution to revive the state of the company, and your general conclusion/recommendation. This is a personal task where u would be required to analyze the case and prepare a presentation (on powerpoint) based on your thoughts (problem, solutions, n recommendation/conclusion) on the case presented within a short time. At a later stage, you would be required to present your slide to the assessors.
Just endeavor to prepare like 4 slides touching every aspect of the issue (problem, solutions, recommendation), and make a convincing presentation. Be ready to get professional questions (based on d contents of your slide) from the assessors during your presentation.

Hope this helps.....wishing you ALL God's favour in your AC.
Cheers!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oando Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2014 by faith2ogesco(m): 2:33pm On May 15, 2015
seeker88:

For the group task, u can be given any scenario to discuss. For the group task in workforce AC, u would be in group of about 4 persons. U might be given a particular issue and three possible ways of solving the issue. So your task could be to thoroughly examine and discuss the various options presented and COLLECTIVELY come up with the best option/solution to the issue. It's advisable to avoid being an "oh! yes member" during the discussion. At the end of the discussion, you will collectively summarize your points in writing based on the options chosen and submit your write up to your assessor. Do not forget that you will have a limited period of time to discuss and summarize your points, so manage your time wella and avoid unnecessary arguments. Endeavour to arrive at a conclusion before running out of time.

For case study, you could be given a case scenario and asked to pinpoint the problems, solutions to the problems and your recommendation/conclusions.
For eg, you might see a brief outline about a company that was booming in their business area, all of a sudden, the same company started crumbling and almost at the point of folding up. So you would be asked to pinpoint the possible cause of this issue, the possible solution to revive the state of the company, and your general conclusion/recommendation. This is a personal task where u would be required to analyze the case and prepare a presentation (on powerpoint) based on your thoughts (problem, solutions, n recommendation/conclusion) on the case presented within a short time. At a later stage, you would be required to present your slide to the assessors.
Just endeavor to prepare like 4 slides touching every aspect of the issue (problem, solutions, recommendation), and make a convincing presentation. Be ready to get professional questions (based on d contents of your slide) from the assessors during your presentation.

Cheers!!!
Thanks bro
Re: Oando Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2014 by 4javu1: 3:18pm On May 15, 2015
At seeker u r most appreciated. ? Thanks a million....hope we cross d bridge n celebrate wv u grin grin..CHEERS!!!!
Re: Oando Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2014 by Donbabajayz(m): 3:22pm On May 15, 2015
pls someone in the house should help me with directions to the venue. I'm coming from oshodi
Re: Oando Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2014 by NigerianNewbie: 4:50pm On May 15, 2015
seeker88:

Cheers!!!

seeker88:

Cheers!!!

Real helpful info here. Thanks a lot.
Re: Oando Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2014 by 4javu1: 5:33pm On May 15, 2015
Donbabajayz:
pls someone in the house should help me with directions to the venue. I'm coming from oshodi

take obalende from oshodi,.....from obalende take a bus going to Ajah drop at sand fill.....take a tricycle from sand fill tell d driver u r going to cantoon Concourse....seeya
Re: Oando Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2014 by Donbabajayz(m): 8:03pm On May 15, 2015
4javu1:

take obalende from oshodi,.....from obalende take a bus going to Ajah drop at sand fill.....take a tricycle from sand fill tell d driver u r going to cantoon Concourse....seeya
thanks a lot I appreciate
Re: Oando Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2014 by 4javu1: 9:15pm On May 15, 2015
What do u guys think about the JarusHub stuff....do u think it's worth the trial or its jes gonna amt to some waste of time n money
Re: Oando Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2014 by NigerianNewbie: 11:47pm On May 15, 2015
4javu1:
What do u guys think about the JarusHub stuff....do u think it's worth the trial or its jes gonna amt to some waste of time n money

I wish I could say. I'm willing to give it a try but I am open to other opinions from folks here.

Also, I just got some helpful stuff from Assessment day for assessment centres. I'm gonna try to upload to dropbox or something and share the link here. Hopefully it'll help.
Re: Oando Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2014 by 4javu1: 6:52am On May 16, 2015
NigerianNewbie:

I wish I could say. I'm willing to give it a try but I am open to other opinions from folks here.

Also, I just got some helpful stuff from Assessment day for assessment centres. I'm gonna try to upload to dropbox or something and share the link here. Hopefully it'll help.

well.....The platform is giving us an opportunity to meet ourselves outside d real hitch....so if anything I fnk we'll get to know one another, relate with one another n stuffs like that....on d real day we'll be more free to one another
Re: Oando Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2014 by seeker88(m): 8:10am On May 16, 2015
faith2ogesco:
Thanks bro
U re welcum...
Re: Oando Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2014 by seeker88(m): 8:11am On May 16, 2015
4javu1:
At seeker u r most appreciated. ? Thanks a million....hope we cross d bridge n celebrate wv u grin grin..CHEERS!!!!
My pleasure.....I look forward to such celebration.
All d best.
Re: Oando Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2014 by seeker88(m): 8:13am On May 16, 2015
NigerianNewbie:

Real helpful info here. Thanks a lot.
Glad to know it's helpful. You are most welcum....
Re: Oando Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2014 by unofficial(m): 9:40am On May 17, 2015
faith2ogesco, sup, my phone has been misbehaving. How is prep? What day is yours?
Re: Oando Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2014 by okzcorp: 7:04pm On May 17, 2015
Guys, seeker88 has spoken very well and he has helped me to recall the exercise. Listen to all he has said please and pay key attention during ya group discussion. They have hidden information attached to the document you will be given, do not ignore it.

We will make it.
Re: Oando Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2014 by Ayodbrabo(m): 7:19pm On May 17, 2015
success to those whose assessment is 2morrow. See you guys on Friday in Jesus name. .... Amen
Re: Oando Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2014 by Jarus(m): 8:11pm On May 17, 2015
4javu1:

well.....The platform is giving us an opportunity to meet ourselves outside d real hitch....so if anything I fnk we'll get to know one another, relate with one another n stuffs like that....on d real day we'll be more free to one another

So, were you part of our mock session today?

The first session of our mock assessment center held today and I'm impressed with the guys we coached. 7 people turned up today.

We have another session on Monday and Tuesday, 7-9pm

So you can still join us

Re: Oando Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2014 by 4javu1: 9:33pm On May 17, 2015
Jarus:

So, were you part of our mock session today?

The first session of our mock assessment center held today and I'm impressed with the guys we coached. 7 people turned up today.

We have another session on Monday and Tuesday, 7-9pm

So you can still join us

I was the guy u denied presentation for reasons I couldn't understand. ?.
Re: Oando Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2014 by Jarus(m): 9:44pm On May 17, 2015
4javu1:

I was the guy u denied presentation for reasons I couldn't understand. ?.

cheesy grin

Because you were too good and demonstrated your presentational skills at the group task presentation.

(1) (2) (3) ... (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) ... (57) (Reply)

Internships and Entry Level jobs In Nigeria / WHYTE CLEON Aptitude Test And Interview / WAEC Recruitment Aptitude Test Let's Meet Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.