Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,811 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:07 AM

Does Passing Through A State Mean You Have Been To That State? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Does Passing Through A State Mean You Have Been To That State? (2114 Views)

Picture Of Train Passing Through A Rural Community In Nigeria / See What Nigerians Are Passing Through In Malaysia / Is Travelling Out Of Nigeria The Solution To The Problem We Are Passing Through (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does Passing Through A State Mean You Have Been To That State? by nekaa(f): 4:00pm On Oct 13, 2014
This afternoon in school while we were discussing something totally random an argument ensued. We were talking about the number of States we have been to, then one of the guys said provided you passed through a state to get to another one, you can count that state among states you have been to. My better people of Nairaland please what is your view? Because I for one totally disagree with that notion.
Re: Does Passing Through A State Mean You Have Been To That State? by naturally: 4:01pm On Oct 13, 2014
Yes na.
You have been to the state but you have not flexed the state

2 Likes

Re: Does Passing Through A State Mean You Have Been To That State? by Nobody: 4:19pm On Oct 13, 2014
naturally:
Yes na.
You have been to the state but you have not flexed the state

cheesy you said it all
Re: Does Passing Through A State Mean You Have Been To That State? by ogaofficer(m): 4:23pm On Oct 13, 2014
Yes nah, have been to the state as per say i don pass tru.
Re: Does Passing Through A State Mean You Have Been To That State? by Onlinebizexpert(m): 4:30pm On Oct 13, 2014
Does looking at a gal mean you have banged her

2 Likes

Re: Does Passing Through A State Mean You Have Been To That State? by bebe2(f): 4:31pm On Oct 13, 2014
Hahaha

Gud question.

I have often wondered if I can claim to have been to a place by just passing thru it.

Am Depending on the conclusion of this thread before I start counting grin
Re: Does Passing Through A State Mean You Have Been To That State? by oluamid(m): 5:15pm On Oct 13, 2014
Onlinebizexpert:
Does looking at a gal mean you have banged her

Chai! See where you carry matter go meet Matthias shocked

@OP, Of course, passing through a state means you've been there in as much as you can't jump and skip the state to get to your destination.

1 Like

Re: Does Passing Through A State Mean You Have Been To That State? by Sheenor: 5:39pm On Oct 13, 2014
Na na, yuh haven't. Imagine yuh are traveling to Osun from Kaduna and yuh pass tru Abuja, Kogi and Kwara without yuh stopin 4 one or two tins, does dat mean yuh have been to those state??....naaah, yuh haven't buh rather pass tru it, its simple.
Re: Does Passing Through A State Mean You Have Been To That State? by Nobody: 7:11pm On Oct 13, 2014
In a layman's language YES(na ondo I dey pass if I dey go benin) But on the intellectual level NO(hey man,I was in benin last week)

1 Like

Re: Does Passing Through A State Mean You Have Been To That State? by Nastydroid(m): 7:42am On Oct 14, 2014
so every passerby have been to my housegrin

3 Likes

Re: Does Passing Through A State Mean You Have Been To That State? by jammyunn(m): 10:11am On Oct 14, 2014
Wow! That means I've been to at least 15 countries because I flew over so many while I was travelling last summer.

2 Likes

Re: Does Passing Through A State Mean You Have Been To That State? by Nobody: 4:07pm On Oct 21, 2014
No u hav not been to the state... Federal roads are not states...
Re: Does Passing Through A State Mean You Have Been To That State? by Mouth123(m): 1:18am On Nov 21, 2014
kinda dumb question, y not ask if u hav been to d cities u see on tv.
Re: Does Passing Through A State Mean You Have Been To That State? by ReLaTE(m): 8:28am On Nov 21, 2014
You haven't, passing thru it doesn't mean u hv visited it.
Re: Does Passing Through A State Mean You Have Been To That State? by Mrbigman1(m): 7:53pm On Jan 24, 2015
How can it be? Been to and passed through can't be of same definition naw. Ok, if person don been to a state like delta, if u really wanna ask futher question, would u not ask wia and what part did u go to and what area or local government? If na so dat means I don round Nigeria be dat now, in btween, I ve been to 17 states.
Re: Does Passing Through A State Mean You Have Been To That State? by Gboyeboy(m): 7:51pm On Feb 06, 2015
I anticipated seeing this on NL.
Re: Does Passing Through A State Mean You Have Been To That State? by nekaa(f): 8:08pm On Feb 06, 2015
Gboyeboy:
I anticipated seeing this on NL.
Did you? do I know you?
Re: Does Passing Through A State Mean You Have Been To That State? by Gboyeboy(m): 11:06pm On Feb 06, 2015
nekaa:
Did you? do I know you?
yes I did. mike payne must hear this btw grin
Re: Does Passing Through A State Mean You Have Been To That State? by nekaa(f): 11:40pm On Feb 06, 2015
Gboyeboy:

yes I did. mike payne must hear this btw grin
@gboyeboy I just figured out who u are... didn't know you were a nairalander. Happy new year
Re: Does Passing Through A State Mean You Have Been To That State? by Nobody: 7:09am On Feb 08, 2015
No
Re: Does Passing Through A State Mean You Have Been To That State? by Nobody: 7:19am On Feb 09, 2015
Yes
Re: Does Passing Through A State Mean You Have Been To That State? by mkoabiola: 10:53pm On Feb 09, 2015
I dnt knw y ds topic has nt been on front page sinc
Re: Does Passing Through A State Mean You Have Been To That State? by Gboyeboy(m): 12:38pm On Feb 16, 2015
nekaa:
@gboyeboy I just figured out who u are... didn't know you were a nairalander. Happy new year
smiley wish you same

(1) (Reply)

Cost Of Living In Namibia. / I Am Confuse... Need Help / Hnd In Nigria Or Going To Uk To Hussle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.