Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,999 members, 7,838,512 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 01:13 AM

#33.8b Bsg Office: Thisday Newspaper Was Right, New Evidence Proves - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / #33.8b Bsg Office: Thisday Newspaper Was Right, New Evidence Proves (601 Views)

EFCC Closes In On Ex- Nigerian Defense Minister Obanikoro, Two Sons Over N4.8B / Photo-speak! #nigeria "Old Chief Of Army Staff To The Right & New To The Left" / Buhari Overthrew Shagari Over $2.8b Oil Scam: Tinubu Wants APC VP Slot – Ikimi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

#33.8b Bsg Office: Thisday Newspaper Was Right, New Evidence Proves by dmoville(m): 9:08pm On Oct 13, 2014
New evidence has emerged that confirming that THISDAY newspaper did not make any typographic error when they reported that the Bayelsa State Governor’s Office would gulp 33.8 Billion Naira. An audio recording provided by Sahara Reporters TV caught the State Commissioner for Works and Infrastructure gushing about how the 33.8Billion Naira edifice will be among the best in Nigeria and West Africa.
Below his the transcript of the recording.

Q: How Much has gone into that project?
Commissioner:

“Well that contract sum is N33.8b and when you go there you’ll know the cost is worthwhile it, but in terms of how much have gone there I won’t be able to tell you but I know we’ve already sunk 50-60% of the contract sum that is why you see the contract is at the stage where it is now. When you got there they were doing the finishing which is more of electrical, plumbing and fitting. When we went into the chamber the ACs are already there. So I can tell you as soon as we give them additional money which we’ve promised to give to them in the next one or two weeks. We are targeting December thinking that the governor will spend the christmas in his new office all things being equal that is our target but you know man proposes but God disposes, all things being equal (ceterus peribus) as the economists will always say we believe we should be able to achieve that. We’ll speak full on other projects we’ve visited as the time comes but as you’ve asked as part of the building projects we’ve inspected I can assure you the money we’ve sunk there is worth it. You need to know what we’ve done there before we got to this stage that we are, we sand filled almost 2mitres from the ground and you can see despite that filling water is still threatening the area and what we’ve just discussed with the contractor is to do a concrete reinforcement about 3,4,5mitres away from the building towards the river side and if you go there you’ll see the quality of work not only the quality of work but the movement and flow within the office. And I keep saying this our governors office is one in Nigeria and to some extent one in West Africa, I don’t know of any governors office that will beat this in West Africa.”

Thisday Newspaper had on the 10th day of October 2014 broken the news about the outrageous amount the government is spending on the office. On its part, after over ten hours, the Government came out with a rebuttal, through the Chief Press Secretary to the Governor, claiming the newspaper erred and that the actual cost of the edifice is N3.8Billion, which in my not so humble opinion is also tragically outrageous.

The statement from Daniel Iworiso-Markson reads

“Bayelsa state Government strongly debunks media report by a national newspaper (THISDAY) for erroneously reporting that, the new Governor’s office will gulp N33.8b as against N3.8b as disclosed by the commissioner for Works and Infrastructure, Lawrence Ewhrudjakpo, during a routine inspection of projects executed by the Governor Seriake Dickson administration.”

Read More and listen to the youtube audio here : /p3DlVY-rC
Re: #33.8b Bsg Office: Thisday Newspaper Was Right, New Evidence Proves by kilo234(m): 10:42pm On Oct 13, 2014
the heart of a black man is wicked

2 Likes

Re: #33.8b Bsg Office: Thisday Newspaper Was Right, New Evidence Proves by hardywaltz(m): 10:51pm On Oct 13, 2014
Project name: Bayelsa State Governor's office
Cost: #33.8 Billion
Jonathanians: World Class Project (thumbs up)

Project name: Abuja City Tower
Cost: ‪#‎70billion‬ naira
Jonathanians: World Class project (thumbs up)

Project name: Rivers Monorail
Cost: ‪#‎29billion‬
Jonathanians: Elephant Project (Jail the Governor or impeach him anyhow)
Double standard in full regale

Compare and contrast.

(1) (Reply)

FG To Spend N1.58bn HIV/AIDS Funds On Jonathan Campaig / Why Buhari Will Never Be Nigeria's President / Two Dead In US School Shooting After Online Warning

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.