Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,200 members, 7,835,979 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:35 PM

Sony Ericcson W800i And Glo Gprs. - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Sony Ericcson W800i And Glo Gprs. (1102 Views)

Opera Mini On Sony Ericcson W880 / MTN GPRS on PC Using Phone Modem or Bluetooth? / MTN/Glo GPRS Configuration for Windows Smartphones? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sony Ericcson W800i And Glo Gprs. by Seye(m): 12:04pm On Aug 02, 2006
I need help please. No one at Glo could manually configure this fone to browse the internet. I've gone to two glo world (ikeja and Lekki), it's always we'll send you a setting which youl save. I've done saving several times but still couldn't get it to work. Pls help. Is it that Glo gprs is not tech enough despite all their bragging? or they are simply promising what they can't deliver.
Re: Sony Ericcson W800i And Glo Gprs. by drogba(m): 9:19pm On Aug 02, 2006
can you see the full blue triangular gprs logo above your network signal indicator yet?
Re: Sony Ericcson W800i And Glo Gprs. by Seye(m): 11:44am On Aug 03, 2006
Not at all. The Message is always Conection failed, check network coverage or data and internet setting.
Re: Sony Ericcson W800i And Glo Gprs. by drogba(m): 2:51pm On Aug 03, 2006
If you cant see a full blue triangle above your signal bar, that means glo hasn't provisioned your line for GPRS wap yet. You need to call their CC and ask them to provision your line for GPRS and MMS. If it's provisioned, you'll surely see a full blue triangle at the top left corner of your phone screen. Let me know how far ok.
Re: Sony Ericcson W800i And Glo Gprs. by aleroaruya(f): 3:09pm On Aug 03, 2006
@seye

i hv d same problem with my samsung D500. i think glo is loosing it
if u put an mtn sim and try configure manually or automatically, it'll work one time, but with glo 4get it. i have tried with my phone 2 but no luck.
Re: Sony Ericcson W800i And Glo Gprs. by Seye(m): 5:45pm On Aug 03, 2006
aleroaruya:

@seye

i hv d same problem with my samsung D500. i think glo is loosing it
if u put an mtn sim and try configure manually or automatically, it'll work one time, but with glo 4get it. i have tried with my phone 2 but no luck.

You are very right o. I just tried MTN and it worked perfectly. You know something, Glo almost made me return the fone . I thought its defective. Thanks Man.
Re: Sony Ericcson W800i And Glo Gprs. by Seye(m): 5:50pm On Aug 03, 2006
drogba:

If you can't see a full blue triangle above your signal bar, that means glo hasn't provisioned your line for GPRS wap yet. You need to call their CC and ask them to provision your line for GPRS and MMS. If it's provisioned, you'll surely see a full blue triangle at the top left corner of your phone screen. Let me know how far ok.

I was at The Palms' Glo World on Sunday, I spent almost 45 minutes. they tried everything possible but it couldn't work. Next thing is that they will send my no for provisioning that will be available Tuesday, but till now nothing came. Its so disgusting, the kind of people Glo employed to handle technical things like manual configuring. The guy almost get my phone spoilt.
Re: Sony Ericcson W800i And Glo Gprs. by aleroaruya(f): 4:40pm On Aug 04, 2006
Seye:

You are very right o. I just tried MTN and it worked perfectly. You know something, Glo almost made me return the phone . I thought its defective. Thanks Man.

good 4 u, if not 4 d luv i hv 4 my glo number, i would hv changed 2 mtn long ago.
and point of correction, i am not a 'man', i am a girl! cheesy
Re: Sony Ericcson W800i And Glo Gprs. by Seye(m): 4:47pm On Aug 04, 2006
aleroaruya:

good for you, if not 4 d love i hv 4 my glo number, i would hv changed 2 mtn long ago.
and point of correction, i am not a 'man', i am a girl! cheesy

Sorry my Sista about that. I thought you are a Man. No offense intended.

(1) (Reply)

Celtel 6 Free Sms / In Need Of Cheap And Original Nokia E71 And E63 For Immediate Purchase / Symbian Phone Browser That Show Timers Or Moving Images.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.