Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,518 members, 7,836,975 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:14 PM

Who Knows The Advantages And Disadavatge Of Using RORO VS Container - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Who Knows The Advantages And Disadavatge Of Using RORO VS Container (1998 Views)

Advantages And Disadvantages Of Active And Passive GPS Car/ Fleet Trackers. / What Are The Advantages Of Buying Used Cars? / What Are The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Rear Wheel Drives. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Knows The Advantages And Disadavatge Of Using RORO VS Container by Nobody: 10:30pm On Oct 13, 2014
House am confused, dont know much abt this car shipping biz, but to prevent myself from getting accidented car, I want to import. I dont have much money but considering importing from Canada, now am hearing of RIRO and Container. Which is better? can someone tell me the advantages and disadvantages pf the two mode of shipment? will appreciate.

Also I have an inlaw who recently joined customs and is on tincan he has promised to help, Do you think he can help out? or i shd stick to an agent?

Sorry for the questions, I know they may sound dumb, but am a novice and wld like to know my chances.
Re: Who Knows The Advantages And Disadavatge Of Using RORO VS Container by oliverjiad(m): 11:13pm On Oct 13, 2014
keyman0007:
House am confused, dont know much abt this car shipping biz, but to prevent myself from getting accidented car, I want to import. I dont have much money but considering importing from Canada, now am hearing of RIRO and Container. Which is better? can someone tell me the advantages and disadvantages pf the two mode of shipment? will appreciate.

Also I have an inlaw who recently joined customs and is on tincan he has promised to help, Do you think he can help out? or i shd stick to an agent?

Sorry for the questions, I know they may sound dumb, but am a novice and wld like to know my chances.
roro shipping is good when u. Re shipping only one vehicle the rate is per vehicle but containerised is as good too,thats if u are loading more than 2 cars personal and mostly it's used for accidented cars sir

My point is both roro and containerised is good to go but it's favours on their options sir

U can as well get help from ur cousin who's customs and u can as well stick to an agent who's tested and trusted clearing and forwarding agent

Regards

Jaid
Re: Who Knows The Advantages And Disadavatge Of Using RORO VS Container by Nobody: 11:54pm On Oct 13, 2014
oliverjiad:
roro shipping is good when u. Re shipping only one vehicle the rate is per vehicle but containerised is as good too,thats if u are loading more than 2 cars personal and mostly it's used for accidented cars sir

My point is both roro and containerised is good to go but it's favours on their options sir

U can as well get help from ur cousin who's customs and u can as well stick to an agent who's tested and trusted clearing and forwarding agent

Regards

Jaid

thanks
Re: Who Knows The Advantages And Disadavatge Of Using RORO VS Container by oliverjiad(m): 2:22am On Oct 14, 2014
keyman0007:

thanks
u are welcome sir
Re: Who Knows The Advantages And Disadavatge Of Using RORO VS Container by Nobody: 6:37am On Oct 14, 2014
am worried abt tincan rats or touts, that steal car parts ones your car arrives, how can i ensure am nt a victim? does using a container prevent such?
Re: Who Knows The Advantages And Disadavatge Of Using RORO VS Container by USAutoBuy(m): 6:50am On Oct 14, 2014
If you are going to be importing from Canada, you probably don't have much of a choice than to use container. So there is no point of delibration on that matter.

However, on a larger scale, in my opinion, RORO is better as far as Nigeria goes cos you can get your vehicle cleared faster than a container. And it will cost less than using a container. So your issue of not much money has to be considered.

Also, if you are using a container, u will meed to be partnered with other people. A 40ft container can take about 4 saloon cars. So u might have to wait for shipper to find other vehicles to complete the container. That might cost you some time.

Container is safer than RORO but cost a but more. Lastly, when container gets to Nigeria, you might have issue if all the owners of the cars are not ready to clear.

If i were in your shoes, buy ur car in the states and ship RORO. Take your chance and you will be fine.

Regards

1 Like

Re: Who Knows The Advantages And Disadavatge Of Using RORO VS Container by oliverjiad(m): 7:42am On Oct 14, 2014
Bros go for roro. As my oga in d forum as mention,itll safe. Some $$

(1) (Reply)

SOLD......UPDATED: TOYOTA COROLLA SPORT 2005 6 Months Old Abuja / SOLD-- Neat 2012 & 13 Hyundai ELANTRA GLS(registered)Selling For 2.1m & 2.3m / Mazda Cx7 2007 Model For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.