Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,766 members, 7,809,945 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:37 PM

Fayemi’s Loss A Mystery, Says Wole Soyinka - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fayemi’s Loss A Mystery, Says Wole Soyinka (1086 Views)

Fayemi, Sumaila And Some Other Entourage Of Buhari Take A Street Pix In US / Buhari Introduces His Grandchildren To Fayemi, Amaechi (Photo) / Pyrates Confraternity Isn’t A Cult, Says Wole Soyinka (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fayemi’s Loss A Mystery, Says Wole Soyinka by Ayekotoo(m): 10:40pm On Oct 13, 2014
Nobel Laureate, Prof. Wole Soyinka, has described the loss of the outgoing Governor of Ekiti State, Dr Kayode Fayemi, in the June 21 governorship election as a mystery which the All Progressives Congress must unravel.
He said with the various programmes and
legacy projects put in place by Fayemi, his
successor must continue on the path of
development.
He stated this during the inauguration of the
new Government House known as “Ayoba Villa”
in Ado Ekiti on Sunday.
Fayemi said he had no apology for all he did in
government.
He said it was up to his successor to “either
honour or desecrate the legacy the APC
government is leaving behind.
“For us anyway, in the last four years, it has
been truth, sacrifice with integrity, honour,
compassion, commitment to good governance
and competence in public office.
“For us, public office remains the highest form
of duty. We have no apology for all we have
done. We thank our people for the solidarity
and support.”
In his remarks, the Speaker of the House of Representatives, Hon. Aminu Tambuwal, said posterity would be a better judge that Fayemi ruled Ekiti State in dignified ways to the extent that he left indelible marks in the state.
Tambuwal added that Fayemi combined good governance and politics saying that despite losing an election, the governor still continued to deliver dividends of democracy to the people.
The Ekiti APC Chairman, Chief Jide Awe, at the
event reassured the people that the party
would continue to galvanise and mobilise to
reclaim the state, saying that, “Victory is
certain.”
He said, “He (Fayemi) has rescued a lot of projects from the jaw of stomach infrastructure to have made them real social infrastructure.
To us in the APC, it is not over yet, we are
marching forward. There might be a temporary
eclipse, but after this eclipse comes sunshine.
“We have done a lot in this state through our
governor and government that posterity will not
forget us. The state belongs to us. We will
continue to struggle to ensure that we achieve
our ideals for this state.
“We will continue to galvanise and mobilise our
party for greater heights. I want to assure that
victory is achieved already. Victory is certain,”
Awe added.
Soyinka, who, expressed bewilderment at the outcome of the June 21 election said, “Somewhere, something went wrong and it has to be corrected. That is the message I have for all of you. Be patient but at the same time be watchful.
He advised the people to put aside all the
mystery surrounding the loss and continue to
build on the “good foundation” Fayemi had
established.
Soyinka added, “Many people within and
outside Ekiti were mystified. There is a clarity in
my mind. That clarity has been demonstrated
today and has been manifested in the four
years of Fayemi.
“My own message is that, put the mystery aside
and the emotional attachment. Continue to
build on the foundation that has been laid by
him. The state has been resurrected in a way
that all of us should be proud of.
“I’m glad that there is no sadness on the face
of anybody. I’m happy I do not perceive any
iota of regret on the face of anyone. That is the
way it should be.”

Fayemi said that all the legacy projects
inaugurated in his last days were a reflection of
his commitment to public service.
“For us, everything that has happened is about
the service to our people. It is about putting
our people forward. It is about making the
fundamental differences in the lives of our
people and making their lives more abundant.
“The Ekiti we are leaving is far better than the
Ekiti we met. Those who are coming behind us
can build on this in a sustainable manner.”
“We are on a journey, we are not in a
destination yet. That journey would have
remarkable progress, undulating lines, we
would go into valleys, we would face
challenges, and the triumph of it is to see
opportunities in those challenges and to keep
moving on until a better and greater Nigeria of
our dream comes to fruition.”
Earlier, a thanksgiving service was held at the
St. Patrick Catholic Cathedral, Ado Ekiti for the
successful completion of the four-year term of
the Fayemi-led administration which is the
second time a governor would complete his
tenure since the beginning of civil rule in the
state in 1999.
In his homily, the Vicar General of Ekiti Catholic
Diocese, Most Revd Felix Odesanmi,
commended Fayemi for his consistency in giving
gratitude to God even as he recalled that the
governor had on assumption of office in 2010
come to give thanks and gave thanks while
leaving office.
Odesanmi said the governor had served the
state with integrity, love and commitment.

http://www.punchng.com/news/fayemis-loss-a-mystery-says-soyinka-2/
Re: Fayemi’s Loss A Mystery, Says Wole Soyinka by Ayekotoo(m): 10:44pm On Oct 13, 2014
Prof, why is it a mystery? “Ekiti” and “development” do not go together in the same sentence. There is no mystery. Check out Ekiti’s history and you will learn a thing or two; it is not a recent phenomenon. That history informs us emphatically that if an Awolowo or a Fashola governs Ekiti today, they would have been thrown out well before the end of the first 4 years in office.
So, to me, there is no mystery. The only thing that concerns me is that going forward what effect does that have on the quality of candidates that will turn up in future wanting to govern the State?
Re: Fayemi’s Loss A Mystery, Says Wole Soyinka by Ayekotoo(m): 10:52pm On Oct 13, 2014
Dr Fayemi is not a politician, will not be one. He is just playing charitable politics , he can not manipulate, he can not embezzle , a humble gentle, friendly person A man of deep principle,and passionate,idealist, stood up for his belief ,whether people agreed with him or not, fair decent man,a brilliant Orator,an intellectual.person, indomitable figure, Defender of the Ekit state,.fearless in corruption, a man with genuine Intentions unlike Fayose, he was on Trial for corruption charges.mis used of Ekiti state resources etc he was not cleared out of all these Allegations and stood for relection.
What a shame, Ekiti state indigenes even my self will pay the price of electing this crook, thug, i never seen Dr Fayemi but i heard, read about him see his Performance fairly good than others.
Re: Fayemi’s Loss A Mystery, Says Wole Soyinka by aljharem(m): 10:58pm On Oct 13, 2014
Here are the realities on ground and this is no propaganda like what the poster above me or Gbawe writes.

In the SW people are tired of APC. Yes ACN was a good party which stood for an ideology that many bought into but Tinubu's quest for power has blinded him. He has attracted people like Atiki, Saraki, OBJ and co just to taste Federal power thus APC.

In Ekiti just like Lagos, we have been faced with untold hardship and elitism. Unlike Lagos, Ekiti want human index development as well not just infrastructural development.

Fayemi is not loved by the people. Prof Wole, we know your son as SA to APC Ogun state government so we don't expect the truth from your mouth.

My advice for you is not to join politics and sell yourself just like your friends in crime (Falana and Oba Akitoye).

4 Likes

Re: Fayemi’s Loss A Mystery, Says Wole Soyinka by surgecom(m): 10:59pm On Oct 13, 2014
Prof! Mystery?

Why you come fall my hand now!
Ekiti people are known for that.

The Oyo people always say "No governor can rule us two times". Check history. I think the Ekiti people too are trying to follow suit.

That's their cup of tea jare.

1 Like

Re: Fayemi’s Loss A Mystery, Says Wole Soyinka by luvinhubby(m): 11:03pm On Oct 13, 2014
aljharem:
Here are the realities on ground and this is no propaganda like what the poster above me or Gbawe writes.

In the SW people are tired of APC. Yes ACN was a good party which stood for an ideology that many bought into but Tinubu's quest for power has blinded him. He has attracted people like Atiki, Saraki, OBJ and co just to taste Federal power thus APC.

In Ekiti just like Lagos, we have been faced with untold hardship and elitism. Unlike Lagos, Ekiti want human index development as well not just infrastructural development.

Fayemi is not loved by the people. Prof Wole, we know your son as SA to APC Ogun state government so we don't expect the truth from your mouth.

My advice for you is not to join politics and sell yourself just like your friends in crime (Falana and Oba Akitoye).
Bros, are you a politician?
.....Just asking. grin
Re: Fayemi’s Loss A Mystery, Says Wole Soyinka by aljharem(m): 11:09pm On Oct 13, 2014
luvinhubby:

Bros, are you a politician?
.....Just asking. grin

Hahaha I am just a passionate when I see wrong doing. I am was a die-hard fan for ACN but the resent evil and none ideological approach of this new APC makes no sense. All I see is disgruntled ex PDP member that want power back at all cost

1 Like

Re: Fayemi’s Loss A Mystery, Says Wole Soyinka by Caseless: 11:18pm On Oct 13, 2014
aljharem:

that ekiti ppl decided to go for stomach infrastructure instead of real infrastructure does not mean u shld type trash out here.
Re: Fayemi’s Loss A Mystery, Says Wole Soyinka by tomakint: 11:21pm On Oct 13, 2014
I can bet it that Ayo Fayose will rule Ekiti for 2 terms!

2 Likes

Re: Fayemi’s Loss A Mystery, Says Wole Soyinka by aljharem(m): 11:21pm On Oct 13, 2014
Caseless:
that ekiti ppl decided to go for stomach infrastructure instead of real infrastructure does not mean u shld type trash out here.

Stop typing trash here. The Ekiti people CANNOT BE BOUGHT WITH FOOD which is what Fayemi tried to do by giving them rice and meat. You think you can twist the truth here you lairs

Unlike Osun people that went for Stomach infrastructure.

1 Like

Re: Fayemi’s Loss A Mystery, Says Wole Soyinka by Caseless: 11:26pm On Oct 13, 2014
aljharem:

Stop typing trash here. The Ekiti people CANNOT BE BOUGHT WITH FOOD which is what Fayemi tried to do by giving them rice and meat. You think you can twist the truth here you lairs

Unlike Osun people that went for Stomach infrastructure.
stop drinking kerosine, drink water instead.
Re: Fayemi’s Loss A Mystery, Says Wole Soyinka by Nobody: 11:34pm On Oct 13, 2014
I beg to defer prof.. stop being economical with the truth in order to save face for fayemi.

What happened in ekiti is not a mystery rather its a total beating, a merciless one for that matter, a tsunami that threw fayemi/APC out of office.

It is a resounding statement by the will of the people.

2 Likes

Re: Fayemi’s Loss A Mystery, Says Wole Soyinka by tolu4you: 12:00am On Oct 14, 2014
i love this man more than anything... is anybody here that can tell him not to say something its beyond his knowledge?
this is politic not iwe

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fayemi’s Loss A Mystery, Says Wole Soyinka by aljharem(m): 12:01am On Oct 14, 2014
tolu4you:
i love this man more than anything... is anybody here that can tell him not to say something its beyond his knowledge?
this is politic not iwe

(1) (Reply)

Aye Dee Has Exposed Asiwaju Bola Tinubu's Alleged Drug Dealings In America / Tambuwal For Governor Sokoto State As APC Flagbearer! / President Jonathan And The Leap Of Faith - By Dele Momodu. Dont Read, Your Loss

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.