Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,897 members, 7,821,124 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:39 AM

Test Gatecrashers Are Dumb - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Test Gatecrashers Are Dumb (3999 Views)

Apti / Interview Invite For Gatecrashers. No Harm In Trial / Ph Gatecrashers Situation Room (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Test Gatecrashers Are Dumb by duttybarb(f): 1:22pm On Aug 02, 2006
why wld adults and graduates go for tests they were nt invited for? D protocol is drop c.v and if u ave wat they want u'll b called.
IF U WERENT CALLD IT MEANS U DID NT AVE WAT THEY WANT. dts serious indiscipline, will u go 4 an exam u didnt pay 4 and expect 2 write it. please, am i wrong?
Re: Test Gatecrashers Are Dumb by duttybarb(f): 1:25pm On Aug 02, 2006
why wld adults and graduates go for tests they were nt invited for? D protocol is drop c.v and if u ave wat they want u'll b called.
IF U WERENT CALLD IT MEANS U DID NT AVE WAT THEY WANT. dts serious indiscipline, will u go 4 an exam u didnt pay 4 and expect 2 write it. please, am i wrong?
Re: Test Gatecrashers Are Dumb by nunu(f): 1:42pm On Aug 02, 2006
@duttybarb,

No need posting the same topic twice.hmm, everybody don notice you,because you are really seeking to be noticed  tongue
Gatecrashing ain't my thing  because i think it is a waste of time and i hate stressing myself(my opinion) but sometimes,gatecrashers are allowed to write the test(eg the nicon test on the 15th of July).
so i guess afterall ,they ain't as dumb as you think because it worked for them.

and you don't have to be RUDE inorder to get your point across.
Re: Test Gatecrashers Are Dumb by jydo: 1:48pm On Aug 02, 2006
i guess u are the dumb one. The fact that u were not called does not mean that u will not do the test. experience has shown dat u could gate crash and be allowed to pass. a good example is the last bank PHB test at ibadan. gatecrashers were allowed to write their names at the end of the test.  thank God i am one of the successful gatecrashers. i was called later to clarify somethings about me.
apart from my own experience i have seen others to that did it and they were called for interview.

The only thing i will say about gatecrashing is that if u want to u have to look at the situation on ground to know if its possible, if its not then dont bother in order not to embarass urself or cause trouble for others there. The assumption that if u were not called it means u dont have the requisite qualification is very wrong. it is far from the truth. i will say the writer was biased and not objective at all.
last word  IF U HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO GATECARSH PLEASE DOOO. DONT MIND THE PERSON THAT SENT THE POST.
Re: Test Gatecrashers Are Dumb by sephina: 2:07pm On Aug 02, 2006
Thanks 4 that reply Jido that's exactly what i wanted 2 say u've said it all cos i know of someone that gate-crashed and was eventually invited 4 interview, beat that? though it depends on how u do it, dont cause trouble or hang aruond the venue if no provision 4 gate crashers thats all.No one wants 2 be left out 4 those that dont have insider,heaven help those who help themselves.Dat's 9ger 4 u
Re: Test Gatecrashers Are Dumb by SOJ(m): 4:07pm On Aug 02, 2006
i disagree wiv ya there. i know people who have gotten well-paying jobs through gatecrashing,though the stats are not encouraging. u can gate crash certain tests that were advertised in-house and do it intelligently; though people have been known to take this otherwise and use their freedom to attend any test as a means to cause havoc.

My broda,na country they cause the thing abeg. In advanced countries recruitments are done by an invitation or through career fairs; but in naija,most employers treat graduates like animals.so u can say that they get what they deserve when they suffer gatecrashing oh.
Re: Test Gatecrashers Are Dumb by dewoye: 4:44pm On Aug 02, 2006
I strongly disagree with you because lot of people in Nigeria today get there job through gatecrashing. I will advice that when next u here of a test in ur neighborhood just try and and crash it ,IT MIGHT BE UR JOB.
Re: Test Gatecrashers Are Dumb by option4301(m): 5:00pm On Aug 02, 2006
Gate crashing accounts for why most unemployed graduates are treated like lepers by most employers.Most times you see our educated ladies and gents being harrassed by security personnel as a result of desperation to get a job.Job hunters deserve some respect and dignity!Don't cheapen yourself by going to sit for a test you were not invited.
Pride won't allow me to do that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Test Gatecrashers Are Dumb by duttybarb(f): 5:32pm On Aug 02, 2006
options, may god bless u. u thnk like an intellectual. how wil u leave ur house and go smewhr u werent invited 2 waste ur time and transport fare. use dt time and money and apply elsewhere and gt called. im srry bt dat way graduates wil b respected. im srry any contrary thot is DUMB!!
Re: Test Gatecrashers Are Dumb by castro(m): 6:55pm On Aug 02, 2006
duttybarb,i think you are very myopic,liaten to good advice.you can't talk about what you have not experienced.for your information,we are already being treated with disrespect when there was no provision for employment immediately after graduation.swallow your pride and join the   gatecrashers club!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Test Gatecrashers Are Dumb by Nobody: 2:37am On Aug 03, 2006
@duttybard
or wat the hell ur name is for u to call a desperate man that have tried all means to get a job. for u to say he is dumb i can still see ur not living in reality.
people apply for jobs they dont get invited, probably they r not from the tribe they wanted or they dont have any inside man. and let me tell u 5000 might write a test the company already know the 3 they want.
@option 4301
i can see ur connections are stillworking for u thats if ur working or how did u get ur job? maybe ur still a student by the tim eu graduate and stay at home for 2 years nobody will tell u to run after companies begging expecially when u see people ur more qualified than bein invited for the test
Re: Test Gatecrashers Are Dumb by georgee(m): 7:11am On Aug 03, 2006
Duttymumu or duttyfoolish,
i dnt blame u cos u managed 2 get called 4 ths FCMB dats y ur hand dey scratch u,instead of dat ur filthy fingers 2 b openin d pages of GMAT,they r there mistyping and callin ur fellow graduates dumb,one day that ur useless upper HND wey dey shack u,will b rejected by FCMB,Cos they hate HND grads like u, foolish polythecnic grad lyk u
Re: Test Gatecrashers Are Dumb by duttybarb(f): 8:49am On Aug 03, 2006
i ave no connections, i ave a B.Sc by d way, georgee. dnt u ave pride dt comes frm spendin years and money in school. i am abt 2 finish nysc and thr is no place i ave droppd c.v dt hasnt calld me so far to prove myself. im nt sayin dts a cos 4 ego bt it shows i am worthy of attention. pay attentn 2 adverts and apply d normal way. dnt GATECRASH!
Re: Test Gatecrashers Are Dumb by georgee(m): 8:58am On Aug 03, 2006
@dutty,
CONGRATULATIONS!!! If u r always calld,ur fat luck i guess,pls and pls dnt come here and start rainin insults on desperate jobseekers, boy,i'll advise 2 shut and start preparn 4 ur FCMB test on sat,because if u get these job seekers upset/frustrated wt this kind of nonsense/sensless post,and they swear 4 u,well u'll av urself 2 blame o, so shut da hell up ok!!!
Re: Test Gatecrashers Are Dumb by nunu(f): 9:49am On Aug 03, 2006
@duttybarb,

No need posting the same topic twice.hmm, everybody don notice you,because you are really seeking to be noticed
Gatecrashing ain't my thing because i think it is a waste of time and i hate stressing myself(my opinion) but sometimes,gatecrashers are allowed to write the test(eg the nicon test on the 15th of July).
so i guess afterall ,they ain't as dumb as you think because it worked for them.

and you don't have to be RUDE inorder to get your point across.
Re: Test Gatecrashers Are Dumb by richolly(m): 10:28am On Aug 03, 2006
haba georgee!!!

wetin the guy do you like that now? he is just an inexperienced corper. pardon him for he knows little/next to nothing about life.

maybe companies are paying him to discourage gatecrashing but i guess its just a futile and senseless effort. he'll grow up to understand some things

@duttybarb

bros! sorry oh! i understand you but i think you chose the wrong, est forum and by the way, people who do it dont like it themselves, its just that there's no other option for them. better luck next time
Re: Test Gatecrashers Are Dumb by crusader(f): 11:39am On Aug 03, 2006
grin grin cool cool cheesy

I SHARE THE SAME OPINION. YO! CHECK THIS OUT! I GATECRASHED FOR DIAMOND BANK TEST  LATE LAST YEAR. PASSED THE TEST AND WAS CALLED FOR THE INTERVIEW. AM WORKING WITH THEM NOW. MAN, GATECRASHING WORKS. NICON FOR INSTANCE, DIDNOT INVITE ALL THOSE SHORTLISTED.

SOMEONE WHO WAS SHORTLISTED DIDNOT RECEIVE THE INVITATION, WENT TO GATECRASH AND FOUND HIS NAME ON THE LIST. WHAT ABOUT THAT EH? ABEG DON'T LOSE HOPE, cool I BELIEVE YOU CAN GATECRASH!
Re: Test Gatecrashers Are Dumb by Eeyore(m): 12:06pm On Aug 03, 2006
I think duttybarb or whatever he calls himself is just an inexperienced, insecured person.I've met people like that, who think that the more the competition, the lesser their chances of scaling through.
Let's just ignore his ranting, people.
Re: Test Gatecrashers Are Dumb by marky14: 2:19pm On Aug 03, 2006
the poster of this article must be very dumb where in dey work sef
Re: Test Gatecrashers Are Dumb by onydchic(f): 3:20pm On Aug 03, 2006
y'all shud get a grip, take it easy.
Re: Test Gatecrashers Are Dumb by georgee(m): 3:27pm On Aug 03, 2006
D boy don make me vex 2 much, Anyway i 4give him,people r entitled 2 their own opinion,either foolish or otherwise.
Re: Test Gatecrashers Are Dumb by duttybarb(f): 4:34pm On Aug 03, 2006
u cn insult me all u want, peeps. im just sayin wat is true. sme people ave bn messd up by d nigerian employmnt sys, so hav i. it doesnt mean we shld condone indiscipline. those of u dt r gatecrashers r just indisciplined. and deserve all d bad treatment u get!!
Re: Test Gatecrashers Are Dumb by scondy(f): 5:22pm On Aug 03, 2006
hey,
duttybarb, i ddnt plan to reply but i cant resist. we all have our lines of thot. i wldnt insult u for thinkin the way u do,it`s ur opinion. But if u really r the intellectual you call urself to be ,u `ld ve known that using insultive words to pass across ur opinion is not an intellectual act. now u got me thinking, ? r u really an intelletual.?
Maybe the house wld answer that.
My opinion,there`s Nuttin DUMB about gatecrashing cos it works here in our society. the rule to life is to study d way things work in ur society and flow with it.
Re: Test Gatecrashers Are Dumb by Tmac1: 5:43pm On Aug 03, 2006
@duttydarb
i really think u've not shown maturity and acted as an intellect by writing such words, they're not neccessary. we are a family here, so lets talk like one and just get along, 'with RESPECT for one another'!
Re: Test Gatecrashers Are Dumb by duttybarb(f): 7:19pm On Aug 03, 2006
ALLOW ME TO APOLOGISE 4 D RUDE WORD DUMB. ITS MEANT 2 GET ATTENTION! IM HAPPY IT DID! I CNT STAND GATECRASHNG. IM NT GOIN 2 ACCEPT IT TO MAKE ANYONE HAPPY. ITS NT A GD WAY TO HANDLE THNGS, OR R U SAYING PEOPLE DAT AVE A LEGIT REASON TO B THERE SHLD STRUGGLE WIT RANDOM 'GATECRASHERS' ABEG THINK ABT THS CAREFULLY.
Re: Test Gatecrashers Are Dumb by cosmorpel(m): 5:33pm On Aug 04, 2006
D truth is dat gatecrashin is not 2 bad because of d society we r today.Though i never done so, but d only way i luk at it is dat-
smeone can go and if gven d opptunity 2 write fine n gud.There r two ways u can benefit 4rm it, its not time or money wasting cos if u r not ready 2 gve out wat it takes,u can get wat it gives.
So if u werent succeful 4 d nxt stage(interview). There r other benefit such dat u ve goten experience 4 d kind of txt incase of wen next u r now invitd.
Thanx house
Re: Test Gatecrashers Are Dumb by obua: 7:53pm On Aug 04, 2006
Gate crashing is no cry. With the level of unemplyment and the volume of info available to job seekers, one needs to go an extra mile to succed.
When I conduct interviews , I dont send gatecrashers back . I see them as those that have extra adrenalin and go-getters.
The jobs are just too few so only the guys who make the best efforts( mental/physical ) should be rewarded)
Re: Test Gatecrashers Are Dumb by duttybarb(f): 8:12pm On Aug 04, 2006
U ave given gd points. Our society is sad. i knw dt. bt wrong is wrong. u cnt say because bribing is part of our reality its ok. u cant! mr obua wat u said is scary, u mean u fl dt pple dt gatecrash r betta thn those who ff d rules and r dere by merit. Dats scary indeed esp as u r an employer.
Re: Test Gatecrashers Are Dumb by dearie(m): 12:38am On Aug 05, 2006
I had to 'make a fist' to keep from responding to your hurls of insult on our dear job-seekers in your previous posts until your confession to 'get noticed' it really worked for you cos u got noticed, but man it was quite expensive, WELL, i CAN HEAVE A SIGH OF RELIEF NOW.

I need not further make u feel like a superstar by 'dignifying' you with an answer. The testimonies of current job-holders that started with gate-crashing at the test venues, say it all.

Please, you can gate crash, but I'll implore us not to allow ourselves be rubished by security men, you can study the environment and act accordingly.
Re: Test Gatecrashers Are Dumb by duttybarb(f): 8:42am On Aug 05, 2006
im at d fcmb test centre. gatecrashers, i am happy 2 say u cnt get in. they r checking. dey ave discipline, thank god
Re: Test Gatecrashers Are Dumb by georgee(m): 10:09am On Aug 05, 2006
@duttybastard
u wont pass dat test, 4Q
Re: Test Gatecrashers Are Dumb by Anabib(f): 1:18pm On Aug 05, 2006
duttybarb:

im at d fcmb test centre. gatecrashers, i am happy 2 say u cnt get in. they r checking. dey ave discipline, thank god

I CANT BELIEVE THAT UR HATRED FOR THE "GATECRASHERS'' STILL PROPELLED YOU TO MAKE OUT TIME AND GO ON THE INTERNET TO POST THIS, DURING YOUR TEST (FCMB) angry lipsrsealed undecided cry

I WEEP FOR U.

FOR UR INFORMATION, WETHER GATECRASHERS ARE ALLOWED IN OR NOT MUST NOT BE YOUR CONCERN BUT THAT OF THE EMPLOYERS.
YOUR DUTY IS TO STUDY AND ENSURE THAT U PASS THE TEST.

ALSO BEING INVITED FOR A TEST DOESNT MEAN YOU WILL BE EMPLOYED.

AND AS A CORPER, PRAY THAT YOU GET A JOB SOONEST BECAUSE I BET YOU, YOU WILL DO MORE THAN GATECRASH grin grin grin

I WONT SAY MUCH, BUT HOPE TO BE IN CONTACT WITH U IN SAY 2 YRS TIME FROM NOW.
THEN I WLD LOVE TO HEAR UR OPINION AGAIN.

nb: I dont gatecrash, and i give Kuddos for those that do. that shldnt make me hate them. If I are invited for a test and i see gatecrashers, i see them as a challenge and ensure that i BEAT the pass mark (that shld be my utmost concern and not the gatecrashers)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Much Does DSTV Pay Call Centre Agent? Who Has An Idea Please? / INEC Recruitment 2020/2021 / Jobs At De-united Foods (indomie Noodles) For Several Positions:ond,hnd,bsc, Msc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.