Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,462 members, 7,864,935 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 09:46 AM

Davido Is The Only African Nominated For Soul Train Awards - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Davido Is The Only African Nominated For Soul Train Awards (1113 Views)

AGAIN!! Davido Loses Out At Soul Train Awards / Photos: Iyanya At Soul Train Awards Red Carpet in Las Vegas, Nevada, USA / Soul Train Creator, ‘don’ Cornelius, Is Dead By Suicide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Davido Is The Only African Nominated For Soul Train Awards by Tomis14: 3:31pm On Oct 14, 2014
Davido has been nominated in the ‘Best International Performance’ category for his ground-breaking song ‘Aye’at the Soul Train Awards set to hold on November 7 in Las Vegas. He is the only African on the list. You go, Davido! So proud of him!

With no less than 5 major awards in 2014 including the BET Awards for Best International act and the MTV Africa Awards Artiste of the Year, Davido appears at this point the African favourite to clinch the awards.

Best International Performance Nominations
Davido - Aye
Machel Montano - Ministry Of Road (M.O.R.)
Nico & Vinz - Am I Wrong
Sam Smith - Stay With Me
Shaggy feat. Ne-Yo – You Girl
Ziggy Marley - I Don’t’ Want To Live On Mars

Davido is also an MTV E.M.A and M.O.B.O award nominee.
He is the only african nominated.

Is he just been lucky or he deserves the nomination?

Source http://www.toniaodili.com/2014/10/davido-only-african-nominated-for-soul.html?m=0

1 Like

Re: Davido Is The Only African Nominated For Soul Train Awards by amiskurie(m): 3:57pm On Oct 14, 2014
I doubt if there can ever be an homegrown musician from Africa that could surpass him on the world stage.
Re: Davido Is The Only African Nominated For Soul Train Awards by amiskurie(m): 4:03pm On Oct 14, 2014
Sam smith all dai wei... wink

(1) (Reply)

Femi Kuti: DNA Results Proves 2 Of My Children Are BASTARD / Throwback Pics:Mallam El Rufai As A Lecturer At Ahmadu Bello University In 1988 / Amber Rose, Blac Chyna Coming To Lagos Next Weekend For D'banj's Event

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.