Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,586 members, 7,958,815 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 02:49 AM

Atiku Is More Articulate Than Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku Is More Articulate Than Buhari (916 Views)

Jonathan Fought Corruption In More Civilized Way Than Buhari - Falana / Atiku Is 65% Sure Of Winning APC Ticket- Campaign DG / Is It True Atiku Is Married To An Igbo Woman ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Atiku Is More Articulate Than Buhari by FearGodinall: 4:13pm On Oct 14, 2014
ILORIN-Former Head of State and presidential aspirant under the banner of All Progressives Congress(APC), Gen. Muhammadu Buhari has explained that, his intention to take another slot at the nation’s presidency come 2015 despite his old age was effectively tackle the problem of insecurity and also prudently manage the nation’s resources to the best advantage of the poor and the rich.
He therefore called on the people of the country to join hands with the APC so as to bring new change into the economic and political development of the country come 2015.
Gen. Buhari disclosed this in Ilorin in an interview with journalists yesterday shortly after he held indoor consultations on his 2015 presidential ambition with the state governor, Alhaji Abdulfatah Ahmed at Government House, Ilorin.
According to him,”it is disheartening that the nation’s economy is not being properly managed, I have the track record with Nigerians.I will manage the economy and prudently manage our resources to the best advantage of the poor and the rich”
Continuing,he said ” I am sure you know what happened and what has been happening. I believe what Nigerians needs now is to be secured and efficiently managed”.
On his desire to take the nation’s presidency slot again, Gen. Buhari said,
“I contested three times, I lost three times and I ended up in Supreme Court three times”,stressing that,”We thank God the constitution did not limit how many times you can contest once you are eighteen and above.”
“I have done it before in a different system and from 1999 till now, I am sure you know what happened and what has been happening. I believe what Nigerians needs now is to be secured and efficiently managed.
“This is the APC stand and I will like to use the opportunity through my party, through the system to secure and efficiently manage Nigeria.
“Of course, it is not being managed. It is up to the party and it is up to the people”.
On the consensus arrangement being planned by the leadership of APC during the forthcoming presidential primary, Gen. Buhari said, “We want a fair playing ground for everybody, let Nigerians be given the impression and let them believe that they do matter”.
“All these efforts to salvage them is for them and the country but if there is consensus agreement, it is well and good. It would safe time and resources but if people insist in making sure that all those that wanted to lead should present themselves and let the people decide,m it is all well and good. The system allows it”.
On the withdrawal of former governor of Kwara state and senator representing Kwara central senatorial district at the national assembly, Senator Bukola Saraki from APC presidential primary, Gen. Buhari said, “I read it in the newspapers, I didn’t beg him to leave it for me but it is his own decision”.
‘He(Saraki) has been a governor. He knows the politics of the country, his father works extremely hard and virtually established a dynasty voluntarily supported by people of this state. This what the peoples general can so offer and let's hear what Atiku had to say. Former Vice President and contender of the Presidential ticket of the All People’s Congress, Alh. Atiku Abubakar, disclosed yesterday that he would break what he described as “mafias” in the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation, NNPC, and the power sector, if voted as in the next presidential polls.
Addressing journalists in Abuja on his economic agenda, he stated that the mafias in the petroleum industry and the power sector had continued to hold Nigerians to ransom and must be cleared for a genuine progress to be made on the socio-economic development fronts.

ATIKU
According to the former number-two man, even after the privatization of the successor companies of Power Holding Company of Nigeria, PHCN, the mafia in that sector has continued to make it impossible for Nigerians to have power supply.
His words, “I remember when we were in office, I told my boss, the president.
I said, sir, ‘there are two mafias in this country. One: in that time NEPA, (Power holding company of Nigeria, PHCN). The second one is NNPC. Unless you break those mafias, you will never get those sectors working.
“ Unfortunately, up till now, we have not been able to break those mafias. So, one you must do is to be prepared to dismantle the mafia in PHCN which up till now has decided not to allow us to have sufficient power and also the mafia in NNPC”.
Alh. Atiku said that his government would ensure an inclusive growth in the economic development with a view to allowing ordinary Nigerians benefit from the growth recorded by the nation’s economy in the past years.
“The benefits of the economic growth does not trickle down because the government is structured in such a way that wealth remains in the hands of a few”, he said.
The aspirant said, “government is serious business and people who don’t know how to run business should not have a business running government”.
He promised to grant tax waivers to sectors that create jobs and that in the long run, the economy would benefit more from a government policy that provides incentives for large corporate organizations to expand and employ millions of Nigerians would have jobs and then pat tax to government.
His words, “what is the problem if I call Aliko Dangote and say, Aliko, I am going to give you tax waiver but can you give me a million jobs? What’s is wrong with it? Out of those million jobs, of course, they will pay tax.
So, why do you say that I don’t have the will? I want to challenge anybody to give me the opportunity and see whether I have the will or not”.
Review the federation account and restructure government finances to boost infrastructure development
Security
On security, Alh. Atiku said he would replace the Security Adviser with a National Security Council and aggressively combat the scourge of Terrorism and Insurgency by increased resources and better co-ordination between the security agencies.
He said that he would also improve Civil-military relations and pave the way for the establishment of State Police.
According to him, an APC government under him would promote increased devolution of powers to State and Local governments.
N/Delta
In the Niger Delta, the aspirant outlined several initiatives which he said would be launched to address the security and economic decline and foster socio-economic reintegration of the region.
They included: Niger-Delta Continuous Development Agenda; A Niger-Delta Social Awareness program; and A Niger-Delta Reform Agenda.
He added that a North-East Comprehensive Economic and Infrastructure reintegration programme would be launched with a North-East Security Master Plan and;North-East Social Reintegration initiative.
Agriculture
The APC chieftain identified Land Use Act and major hindrance to small scale-farmers’ access to land and would therefore be addressed.
He also pledged to offer broad based support structures to farmers and small Agribusinesses ‘ help farmers manage risk and market their output.
The politician promised to establish an Agricultural Fund and reinvigorate the Agric Bank of Nigeria to be able to support agricultural production and Bank of Industry for high level value addition.
He said there would be reintroduction of previous viable and sustainable agricultural programmes with emphasis of rural infrastructural development, such as National Agricultural Land Development Authority (NALDA), FEAP and elements of the DFRI.
Re: Atiku Is More Articulate Than Buhari by Dbestmax(m): 4:15pm On Oct 14, 2014
I wonder if hu u wrote all dese tinz for ...too busy jor
Re: Atiku Is More Articulate Than Buhari by klodike(m): 4:30pm On Oct 14, 2014
Atiku, Atikul, Atikuul, Atikool, Aticool!!!! With these your arguments, am beginning to believe you. Even though don't see my self voting you, am beginning to reason..........now these is how to campaign by telling Nigerians how you would do it.

1 Like

Re: Atiku Is More Articulate Than Buhari by amakufrancis(m): 4:35pm On Oct 14, 2014
Dbestmax:
I wonder if hu u wrote all dese tinz for ...too busy jor
He wrote it for us all naw, Lolz.... Me no even read. . Apchit...........
Re: Atiku Is More Articulate Than Buhari by Dbestmax(m): 4:46pm On Oct 14, 2014
amakufrancis:
Hmmm...
Summarise 4 me wen u're done reading cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Atiku Is More Articulate Than Buhari by Dbestmax(m): 4:47pm On Oct 14, 2014
amakufrancis:
Re: Atiku Is More Articulate Than Buhari by ChimaAdeoye: 4:47pm On Oct 14, 2014
@op,
The word is articulate not articulated.
I'm sure Buhari is more articulated than you. grin

1 Like

Re: Atiku Is More Articulate Than Buhari by amakufrancis(m): 3:36am On Oct 15, 2014
Dbestmax:

Hmmm...
Summarise 4 me wen u're done reading cheesy cheesy cheesy
lols, i just read only the headline.
Re: Atiku Is More Articulate Than Buhari by Nobody: 4:20am On Oct 15, 2014
I remeber prior to 2011, Buhari was asked why he was seeking to become Ptesident, he replied that the constitution allows anybody that is above 18 to seek for any office in the elections
Re: Atiku Is More Articulate Than Buhari by egift(m): 4:30am On Oct 15, 2014
Funny how PDP want to select a candidate for APC.

News Update:
- Project Ikimi Failed. APC saw through the scheme. grin grin
Re: Atiku Is More Articulate Than Buhari by Nobody: 7:19am On Oct 15, 2014
@OP - We don't need articulation to drive Nigeria, we want performance. Where have our past presidents articulation gotten us? We must kick out that "Clueless Drunkmaster" & get it right this time.

As for Atiku, the mafia run NNPC & PHCN and yet we know of your stake in Intel Logistics(Oil Block) & your stake in Mikano Generators. You can save that mumbo-jumbo talks for your children.

The performance & integrity of GMB speaks even french & spanish, besides we don't want GAY as president - Gracias!

(1) (Reply)

Yan Banga: The Rise Of Cults In Plateau State. / I Remain With The People In Labour Party -sina Kawonise / PDP Agent Killed, APC Gov Aspirant Arrested Over The Death

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.