Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,264 members, 7,811,738 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:32 PM

Pay Tax For What? Bishop Oyedepo Reacts To Be Named World's Richest Pastor. - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Pay Tax For What? Bishop Oyedepo Reacts To Be Named World's Richest Pastor. (852 Views)

Pay Tax For What? Bishop Oyedepo Reacts (richest pastor saga) / Winners Chapel : Bishop Oyedepo Is The Richest Pastor In The World…see The Top 1 / Mexico's Carlos Slim Reclaims World's Richest Man Title From Bill Gates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pay Tax For What? Bishop Oyedepo Reacts To Be Named World's Richest Pastor. by chrisobas(m): 5:14pm On Oct 14, 2014
Winners Chapel GO Bishop David Oyedepo who recently turned 60, has reacted to the Forbes List of World's Richest pastors where he was placed at No.1 with an estimated worth of about $150million.
Asked about Forbes' estimate of his fortune, Bishop Oyedepo told Reuters that he doesn't know how Forbes arrived at their figure but says he's blessed...

"For me, to have fortune means someone who has what he needs at any point in time. I don't see myself as having $150 million stacked up somewhere. Whatever way they found their figures, I am only able to say I am blessed by the Lord."
Asked if churches should pay tax considering how much they make, Bishop Oyedepo said;
"There is no single government input on this premises. We supply our water, we make our roads, then you ... say: 'Let's tax them'. For what?"
culled from naija2geda..com
Re: Pay Tax For What? Bishop Oyedepo Reacts To Be Named World's Richest Pastor. by Nobody: 5:23pm On Oct 14, 2014
Very unlike a man of God. Jesus said give to Caesar what is Caesar's and to God what is God's.

Government by law owns the land he has built his empire on. The saving grace now is that there is no legal frame work to taxing churches, should that happen. He will be the biggest target and his churches sealed should he default.
Re: Pay Tax For What? Bishop Oyedepo Reacts To Be Named World's Richest Pastor. by donLEXY(m): 5:30pm On Oct 14, 2014
That statement to me does not make sense 'for what', so because shell gas, chevron oil, NNPC et al, are not getting water supply from the govt, or generating electricity them self, or giving the less privilege people scholarship to study, should be asking the govt why they need to pay taxes. As long as you are making money either by donations or gift and salary is been paid, I see no reason why no one should not pay taxes....
Re: Pay Tax For What? Bishop Oyedepo Reacts To Be Named World's Richest Pastor. by Cuneddy(m): 7:07pm On Oct 14, 2014
Finding a better biz won't seem bad for ‎​Y̶̲̥̅̊o̶̲̥̅̊и̣̣̣̣̥ ppl's ministry. This is Another way to soil the name of a man of God @op and co. leave government to do their job.

(1) (Reply)

Lilian Evicted From Bba / Nicki Minaj Shares Beautiful Poses For V Magazi / Man Macheted His Wife Over Sex.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.