Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,527 members, 7,816,289 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:54 AM

Please Advise On These... - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Please Advise On These... (805 Views)

I Need Advise On The Breed Of Dog(s) To Buy. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Advise On These... by Nobody: 5:22pm On Oct 14, 2014
Hello all,

I made payment for a caucasian puppy and its my first time of owning that particular breed. I'd like to know some things that are pecular that particular breed of dogs;

When is it 'safe' to take delivery i.e seperate it from the mother? (she was one month old yesterday).

What kind of feed is suitable for proper growth,sound health and general wellbeing?

What their temperament like in respect to training, loyalty, being social etc?

What are the major health and social challenges they pose?

What natural/local concoction can dogs be fed with generally that will serve as suppliments/replacement to canned dog food? I'm refering to a sitiuation where one is cashtrapped and dogs have to be fed.

I'd upload pics when i get back from work so peeps here qho are very farmilier with the breed can tell if its a purbreed.
Re: Please Advise On These... by Apitch(m): 9:06pm On Oct 14, 2014
Try google! It will go a long way to answer ur questions and I prefer picking them at 8weeks though most people will say 6weeks.
There are dog foods for large dog breed so that will be better and for home recipe, egg, indomie rice etc, I have no idea on that but avoid salt and pepper
Re: Please Advise On These... by Nobody: 2:50pm On Oct 15, 2014
Apitch:
Try google! It will go a long way to answer ur questions and I prefer picking them at 8weeks though most people will say 6weeks.
There are dog foods for large dog breed so that will be better and for home recipe, egg, indomie rice etc, I have no idea on that but avoid salt and pepper

Thanks a bunch. Can i start the indomie/rice/egg feeding immediately after picking them up? The breeder say he currently feeds them on golden morn and oats with milk.
Re: Please Advise On These... by Apitch(m): 6:43pm On Oct 15, 2014
Like I said, I don't know much about the home recipe so as u pick him/her, visit a vet and register, then seek prof advice from them but attimes it's a trial and error stuff cos they might not like what u give them and rejects it

(1) (Reply)

Please Advice Me On Which Pet To Buy / Check Out This Boy / !

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.