Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,466 members, 7,816,092 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:17 AM

Road Construction Of Lagos-ikorodu Expressway- Vehicles Or Flowers - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Road Construction Of Lagos-ikorodu Expressway- Vehicles Or Flowers (3266 Views)

List Of Lagos Cleared Vehicles For Sale Very Low Price With Pictures: / Road Construction Going On Within Lagos State: / Road Construction Equipments (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Road Construction Of Lagos-ikorodu Expressway- Vehicles Or Flowers by jaz(m): 8:52pm On Oct 14, 2014
Now i dont mean to undermine the good work and intentions of Gov. Fashola however i simply dont understand the purpose of the road being constructed along lagos-ikorodu road, whether its for flowers or for vehicle.

Traffic there has been terrible before the construction and during the construction with only the hope of a free 6 lane road to speed through keeping people going but now that idea is lost cos the roads are so narrow. people new to the area keep thinking its a single lane rather than 2. if ur unlucky to have a tipper in front of you then u need to follow it till the road widens again and overtake before it closes back. yet spaces for flowers can accomodate another 2 lanes. just wonder what this is all about, road or flowering campaign. pardon my punctuations, tired and angry.
Re: Road Construction Of Lagos-ikorodu Expressway- Vehicles Or Flowers by Nobody: 11:51pm On Oct 14, 2014
Ok
Re: Road Construction Of Lagos-ikorodu Expressway- Vehicles Or Flowers by calculusx(m): 12:23am On Oct 15, 2014
jaz:
yet spaces for flowers can accomodate another 2 lanes. just wonder what this is all about, road or flowering campaign. pardon my punctuations, tired and angry.

The Contractors or who ever designed that road need to be flogged broad day light.

2 Likes

Re: Road Construction Of Lagos-ikorodu Expressway- Vehicles Or Flowers by yousee(m): 5:47am On Oct 15, 2014
Op, have you seen the design prototype? Something of that magnitude must have undergone professional scrutiny before approval. Especially in Lagos State.

PS, I stand to be corrected tho
Re: Road Construction Of Lagos-ikorodu Expressway- Vehicles Or Flowers by calculusx(m): 7:37am On Oct 15, 2014
yousee:
Op, have you seen the design prototype? Something of that magnitude must have undergone professional scrutiny before approval. Especially in Lagos State.

Did you ply through that road? Too many death traps and sharp bends without any indicators or reflectors. Accidents occur along that road everyday. This is a fact cos I ply tru that road day and night

1 Like

Re: Road Construction Of Lagos-ikorodu Expressway- Vehicles Or Flowers by nenergy(m): 8:29am On Oct 15, 2014
I appreciate the road project. More space for humans than flowers grin
Re: Road Construction Of Lagos-ikorodu Expressway- Vehicles Or Flowers by jaz(m): 10:10am On Oct 15, 2014
yousee:

Correct me if i'm wrong but you clearly have not been through that road in a while
Re: Road Construction Of Lagos-ikorodu Expressway- Vehicles Or Flowers by jaz(m): 10:11am On Oct 15, 2014
nenergy:
I appreciate the road project. More space for humans than flowers grin

dnt know how come a freeway is now meant for flowering. you can have an entire forest or plantation on those allocated spaces. its so irrational.
Re: Road Construction Of Lagos-ikorodu Expressway- Vehicles Or Flowers by jaz(m): 10:11am On Oct 15, 2014
calculusx:

Did you ply through that road? Too many death traps and sharp bends without any indicators or reflectors. Accidents occur along that road everyday. This is a fact cos I ply tru that road day and night

bros this is very true.

1 Like

Re: Road Construction Of Lagos-ikorodu Expressway- Vehicles Or Flowers by femmy2010(m): 10:18am On Oct 15, 2014
Frankly,the "IROKO or MAHOGANY " section is too big. It need to be reduced to make the one for vehicles bigger.
Re: Road Construction Of Lagos-ikorodu Expressway- Vehicles Or Flowers by jacqo: 12:38pm On Oct 15, 2014
Am an Ikorodu resident and I stand to be corrected.That road has made histrory has one d worst roads designed in d world for its ability of hosting 'good' dead trap,flower lanes instea of car lanes, wrong positioned over head bridges etc. We residends of ikorodu are really suffering and don't see any hope of coming out of this mess even when d project is completed.

Oga fashola u get this one wrong.

4 Likes

Re: Road Construction Of Lagos-ikorodu Expressway- Vehicles Or Flowers by jaz(m): 1:35pm On Oct 15, 2014
jacqo:
Am an Ikorodu resident and I stand to be corrected.That road has made histrory has one d worst roads designed in d world for its ability of hosting 'good' dead trap,flower lanes instea of car lanes, wrong positioned over head bridges etc. We residends of ikorodu are really suffering and don't see any hope of coming out of this mess even when d project is completed.

Oga fashola u get this one wrong.

I concur.
Re: Road Construction Of Lagos-ikorodu Expressway- Vehicles Or Flowers by jaz(m): 1:38pm On Oct 15, 2014
Instead of having straightforward 3 lanes on either sides we have 1 and half lanes wit narrow bends sharp corners and death traps all over the place. I really can't count the numberif aaccidents on that road in the last 3 months

1 Like

Re: Road Construction Of Lagos-ikorodu Expressway- Vehicles Or Flowers by ekeneidiagbor: 2:48pm On Oct 15, 2014
I cannot reserve my comments on this issue..... It is frustrating for the residents of Ikorodu...... The idea behind dat road clearly shows d deliberate intention to get car owners to park their cars and patronize the BRT..... The road contruction was suppose to see to the ease of traffic on the Ikorodu road not to beautify it... Its really annoying.
Re: Road Construction Of Lagos-ikorodu Expressway- Vehicles Or Flowers by diportivo: 4:19pm On Oct 15, 2014
Oga calculusx,so na my hood u dey flenjour?i go like meet u one of theses days oh cool...abt OUR road,its simply appaling to say the least angry..i even heard a startling revelation just dis morning...including reasons why non brt patrons wld av to bear d two lanes(one and half lanes if u count the narrow bridges constructed)..i also strongly feel that an alternative route out of ikorodu..or even two,is the ultimate solution to the sufferings we pass thru on dat road....what about inner ikorodu roadsnon existent!! cryikorodu no get road at all...save for three...beach road(which ogunlewe did...i wonder why he didnt go as far as shagamu),ibeshe road,and d oke ota ona road still under construction sef....road-wise,we r soo forgotten in ikorodu

1 Like

Re: Road Construction Of Lagos-ikorodu Expressway- Vehicles Or Flowers by fola14: 5:02pm On Oct 15, 2014
jaz:
Instead of having straightforward 3 lanes on either sides we have 1 and half lanes wit narrow bends sharp corners and death traps all over the place. I really can't count the numberif aaccidents on that road in the last 3 months

You are very correct. If you become so unlucky and you are caught behind a dead Tata Bus/Lorry, you have to wait till the big bus/lorry is taken out of the road before you can move. Meanwhile, you would see a vast land beside you, enough to take two cars being built for flower. Oga Fashola, this plan is totally wrong. You got this one wrong this time. You have to do something about the road.
Re: Road Construction Of Lagos-ikorodu Expressway- Vehicles Or Flowers by polarman(m): 5:10pm On Oct 15, 2014
@ Op, the road is being built for flowers not humans. It is a shame that these people do not really understand the ordeal Ikorodu residents are going through. We spend an average of 1hr 30 mins for a journey of <15 mins. The inner roads of Ikorodu are not there and they would start talking about projects they have done in Ikorodu. The only Project i see in Ikorodu is incremental punishment for the residents. I have resorted to squatting at friends place during the week and going back home on Saturdays, and i can tell you that a lot of people in Ikorodu do the same week in week out, because of traffic. People living in Ikorodu leave their houses as early as 3:30 a.m and still meet traffic on this route.

Lagos State Government should look into the sufferings of the Ikorodu residents ASAP. I rest my fingers angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: Road Construction Of Lagos-ikorodu Expressway- Vehicles Or Flowers by calculusx(m): 5:14pm On Oct 15, 2014
diportivo:
Oga calculusx,so na my hood u dey flenjour?i go like meet u one of theses days oh cool...abt OUR road,its simply appaling to say the least angry..i even heard a startling revelation just dis morning...including reasons why non brt patrons wld av to bear d two lanes(one and half lanes if u count the narrow bridges constructed)..i also strongly feel that an alternative route out of ikorodu..or even two,is the ultimate solution to the sufferings we pass thru on dat road....what about inner ikorodu roadsnon existent!! cryikorodu no get road at all...save for three...beach road(which ogunlewe did...i wonder why he didnt go as far as shagamu),ibeshe road,and d oke ota ona road still under construction sef....road-wise,we r soo forgotten in ikorodu

My brother, it's good to be a landlord in Lagos but not in places like Ikorodu grin. @ a point I concluded ikorodu residents are different set of species compared to Island residents follow ing years of neglect by LASG.
Inner streets in Ikorodu is nothing to write home about. My Lexus has been parked for more than 3months now due to bad road.

The Bridges were wrongly positioned especially the one inward ikorodu before NNPC filling Station. There are no houses or coys on both sides of the road where this particular bridge is placed and the nearest is ogolonto which is quite a distance to where the bridge is positioned. We should have been told they want to collect toll like Lekki so they can construct a good road.

It's so sad that as a Lagosian,I can't choose to live in any local govt of my choice as I'm seriously considering moving back to the island. It's soo sad

As for Senator Adesewe Ogunlewe, I taught Yoruba people said if you are given a hoe to cultivate a land,you will cultivate to your side first but reverse is the case for this old man. I plied through sabo to itokin road(cant remember the name of that road) down to Epe during his tenure and I felt sorry for myself. That man's story isn't for Today, till some other time

2 Likes

Re: Road Construction Of Lagos-ikorodu Expressway- Vehicles Or Flowers by jaz(m): 6:04pm On Oct 15, 2014
its so irritating that they play so much politics with everything even our dear lives. whats the value of a nigerian's life in this country and outside ?

i have always had regards for Fashola but on this one, i cant believe that with all his degrees and honours and learnedness, he cant see through this. and then they will say we shouldnt use our horns. na until BRT or molue or tipper crush me and my car to the pavement of the lean roads. i tire for this matta
Re: Road Construction Of Lagos-ikorodu Expressway- Vehicles Or Flowers by Joshpet1(m): 8:09pm On Oct 15, 2014
observing!!! sadobserving!!!
Re: Road Construction Of Lagos-ikorodu Expressway- Vehicles Or Flowers by nenergy(m): 8:35pm On Oct 15, 2014
See photos

Re: Road Construction Of Lagos-ikorodu Expressway- Vehicles Or Flowers by calculusx(m): 9:08pm On Oct 15, 2014
This is the longest pedestrian bridge i'v ever come across(agric inward ragolis) grin. In as much as I appreciate the road project was embarked upon after years of neglect but what doing once is worth doing well. Under no circumstances should this road be 2lanes on both sides considering the population of ikorodu residence coupled with the fact that this is the only access road that link to Mainland.
It's always an issue for commuters anytime an accident or trailer brokedown along this road. I wish and really wish something can be done to eradicate the suffering of ikorodu residence.

Re: Road Construction Of Lagos-ikorodu Expressway- Vehicles Or Flowers by jaz(m): 9:24pm On Oct 15, 2014
people really need to speak up.just dont know what more can be done cos the road is almost complete which means people living there are condemned to manage it for generations to come. i surely will be moving out!
Re: Road Construction Of Lagos-ikorodu Expressway- Vehicles Or Flowers by calculusx(m): 9:57pm On Oct 15, 2014
jaz:
i surely will be moving out!

grin grin i'v set out a date to port too. I no wan look older than my age because of traffic. It kills
Re: Road Construction Of Lagos-ikorodu Expressway- Vehicles Or Flowers by diportivo: 10:33pm On Oct 15, 2014
calculusx:

My brother, it's good to be a landlord in Lagos but not in places like Ikorodu grin. @ a point I concluded ikorodu residents are different set of species compared to Island residents follow ing years of neglect by LASG.
Inner streets in Ikorodu is nothing to write home about. My Lexus has been parked for more than 3months now due to bad road.

The Bridges were wrongly positioned especially the one inward ikorodu before NNPC filling Station. There are no houses or coys on both sides of the road where this particular bridge is placed and the nearest is ogolonto which is quite a distance to where the bridge is positioned. We should have been told they want to collect toll like Lekki so they can construct a good road.

It's so sad that as a Lagosian,I can't choose to live in any local govt of my choice as I'm seriously considering moving back to the island. It's soo sad

As for Senator Adesewe Ogunlewe, I taught Yoruba people said if you are given a hoe to cultivate a land,you will cultivate to your side first but reverse is the case for this old man. I plied through sabo to itokin road(cant remember the name of that road) down to Epe during his tenure and I felt sorry for myself. That man's story isn't for Today, till some other time
what i heard this morning is that there were plans of actually tolling two lanes each inward and outward but that the late oba resisted the plan...how true that is,i cant say...but theres no smoke without fire....especially in dis our obodo naija...the road towards epe is the ikorodu-ijebu ode road...i can say that its miles better than the ikorodu-sagamu road..if u pass that one,u wont only weep,u will shed blood for tears..
Re: Road Construction Of Lagos-ikorodu Expressway- Vehicles Or Flowers by Samchelsea(m): 10:40pm On Oct 15, 2014
If you speak the truth about the poor planning of this road construction and the people that brought out such ideas they'll say you are against SOMEONE at the top or against a political party but the truth remains that they got the planning wrong.....its either the road is meant to accommodate BRT lanes or to beautify the road with flowers or both while neglecting the other users of the road, sometimes I'm just confused about the road and how it is set out.....talking about this road can take about 1000pages
Re: Road Construction Of Lagos-ikorodu Expressway- Vehicles Or Flowers by calculusx(m): 10:43pm On Oct 15, 2014
diportivo:
what i heard this morning is that there were plans of actually tolling two lanes each inward and outward but that the late oba resisted the plan...how true that is,i cant say...but theres no smoke without fire....especially in dis our obodo naija...the road towards epe is the ikorodu-ijebu ode road...i can say that its miles better than the ikorodu-sagamu road..if u pass that one,u wont only weep,u will shed blood for tears..

Why do we blacks find it difficult to do the right thing? Ikorodu-Sagamu is another death trap all the way from Odongunyan- Ita-Oliwo to Ogijo and Likosi. I guess that road should have been better re-rehabilitated by now . And to think of it, former Minister of works came from this axis. Is it that he doesn't use these roads or what? I'm sure he go don port out of Ikorodu
Re: Road Construction Of Lagos-ikorodu Expressway- Vehicles Or Flowers by PenSniper: 11:09pm On Oct 15, 2014
Its highly disappointing that Fashola wasted billions of naira just to add to the nightmare of users of that road. It is a classic case of ineptitude par excellence. The newly constructed bridges cannot accommodate two vehicles simultaneously unlike the old ones. Much consideration was given to flowers than human convenience. The entire project defiles logic. Contrary to widespread misguided notion of Fashola being good for president, i've always held the notion that deepdown, he is not. A mere proper resurfacing of the old road coupled with adequate traffic control would've served the people better than this whitewash.

1 Like

Re: Road Construction Of Lagos-ikorodu Expressway- Vehicles Or Flowers by modskiller(m): 7:05am On Oct 16, 2014
This simply shows the downward thinking trend of our leaders, why would they make it a 2 lane road considering the thousand of cars plying the road on daily basis, it's a highway and not an avenue or link road.
Re: Road Construction Of Lagos-ikorodu Expressway- Vehicles Or Flowers by jaz(m): 8:57am On Oct 16, 2014
All hail our performing Gov Fashola
Re: Road Construction Of Lagos-ikorodu Expressway- Vehicles Or Flowers by calculusx(m): 9:07am On Oct 16, 2014
modskiller:
This simply shows the downward thinking trend of our leaders, why would they make it a 2 lane road considering the thousand of cars plying the road on daily basis, it's a highway and not an avenue or link road.

And the only road that link Ikorodu to the island. No alternative route except tru likosi-simawa-redeem-berger which takes almost 2hrs. This road should have been 3 lanes @least
Re: Road Construction Of Lagos-ikorodu Expressway- Vehicles Or Flowers by jaz(m): 11:12am On Oct 16, 2014
@ moderator

i think this matter deserves to be put on the front page. lets have more observations and opinions on this matter.

3 Likes

(1) (Reply)

**TOKS** 2013model TOYOTA Venza.***thomb Start / Reg. 2003 Infiniti QX4, Leather, 130k Miles, Auto, DVD, Ac @600k SOLD!!! / For Speed Limit With Certificate Please Call Jobontech Ventures On 08132493898

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.