Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,779 members, 7,810,031 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:03 PM

South West Rated High In Internally Generated Revenue. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / South West Rated High In Internally Generated Revenue. (5319 Views)

Nigerian States By Internally Generated Revenue (IGR) - 2015 / States Internally Generated Revenue: See How Much Your State Generates. / A 5yr Old Girl In Internally Displaced Camp Borno Develops A Strange Illnes(pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: South West Rated High In Internally Generated Revenue. by johnmartus(m): 11:46am On Oct 15, 2014
this is a bad news for yiboo may God continue be with oduduwa nation

2 Likes

Re: South West Rated High In Internally Generated Revenue. by mrmetoo1: 12:00pm On Oct 15, 2014
Its really sad when people come here and argue blindly. What they're hoping to achieve I don't get. Someone has argued here saying "remove Lagos from SouthWest" seriously how can this be done? Its like saying "if your father is not your father would you be here?" This is a senseless argument that can't get you anywhere. Lagos is a southwestern state, its a yoruba state, get over it. Its the same way we go to America and say its no man's land because it was built up by immigrants, fact is the Caucasians in America will continue having more power than any other race until kingdom come. Ambode is having issues now because they're claiming he's not from Lagos, Shasore is having issues not because he's not from Lagos but because he's from Lagos Central and it's supposed to be Lagos Eastern's turn for governorship. So that shows you even being an indegen of Lagos doesn't guarantee qualification, not to talk of a yoruba man from another state and then before you even get to anybody from another tribe. Now as long as power is being held by a certain set of people they own that place, no matter the number of businesses owned by others. Go to Dubai and tell the Emiratis they don't own their land because its filled with Expats, the Emiratis are in the minority but they hold the power there. So guys you need to educate yourself and not just come online throwing senseless arguments around. They showed you proof about Ogun and the only response is its because its close to Lagos. Going by that logic, every state around the oil producing states should be booming like crazy

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: South West Rated High In Internally Generated Revenue. by superstar1(m): 12:12pm On Oct 15, 2014
mrmetoo1:
Its really sad when people come here and argue blindly. What they're hoping to achieve I don't get. Someone has argued here saying "remove Lagos from SouthWest" seriously how can this be done? Its like saying "if your father is not your father would you be here?" This is a senseless argument that can't get you anywhere. Lagos is a southwestern state, its a yoruba state, get over it. Its the same way we go to America and say its no man's land because it was built up by immigrants, fact is the Caucasians in America will continue having more power than any other race until kingdom come. Ambode is having issues now because they're claiming he's not from Lagos, Shasore is having issues not because he's not from Lagos but because he's from Lagos Central and it's supposed to be Lagos Eastern's turn for governorship. So that shows you even being an indegen of Lagos doesn't guarantee qualification, not to talk of a yoruba man from another state and then before you even get to anybody from another tribe. Now as long as power is being held by a certain set of people they own that place, no matter the number of businesses owned by others. Go to Dubai and tell the Emiratis they don't own their land because its filled with Expats, the Emiratis are in the minority but they hold the power there. So guys you need to educate yourself and not just come online throwing senseless arguments around. They showed you proof about Ogun and the only response is its because its close to Lagos. Going by that logic, every state around the oil producing states should be booming like crazy

Nice response.

Despite the dubious economy activities in Onitsha and Aba, why is their IGR that low. Why are their able bodied men still leaving their land in droves? It shows, people do not have the purchasing power to sustain those businesses. Translating to lesser taxation of those businesses and low IGR for govt.

Lagos ownership has, can and will never be in question. Any person that is embittered, can relocate back to wherever he or she came from.

4 Likes

Re: South West Rated High In Internally Generated Revenue. by Samueldo(m): 12:21pm On Oct 15, 2014
[quote author=BuddahMonk post=27153750]Its a no man's land, what is Yoruba name for lagos, does lagos loolk like an average Yoruba enclave of ibadam, abeokuta and oshogbo slums?

That lagos has some streets name in yorobanames does not handed the city over to you, besides most places that have Yoruba streetnames are the worst places a Pig wont even pass a night in okokomaiko, ajegunle, ijora badia, ipaja ayobo, orile agege and othe shanties like makoko, places like these are predominantly Yorubas having their ibadam and oshogbo communal lifestyle of shitting inside buckets and waterproof there.

Lagos is a no man's land, OUK said it and nothing happened, anybody can say it and nothing will happen.

Go back to ibadam and oshogbo, Lagos is for all Nigerians, Lagos is a no man's land

[/quote

Lol Ikeja is a Ibo name abi? Oba Akinolu is a ibo title right? And Eeyo Eko is an Ibo masqurade too

2 Likes

Re: South West Rated High In Internally Generated Revenue. by mrmetoo1: 12:43pm On Oct 15, 2014
[quote author=Samueldo post=27161450][/quote]

Ikoyi, Oniru, Igbo Efan, Agungi and so much more. Go to those communities in Lekki and check out the names and the families that own those places. If you go to Elegushi, you still see the king's palace there, they still have power and own a bunch of the property in that area. Almost everyone that handles lands in Elegushi is an Elegushi, I'm talking surveyors, real estate agents, etc. A young friend of mine is an Elegushi, when she told me the amount of land and the worth she's sitting on personally, my mouth was wide open for 2 minutes. I'm from Ogun State and I can't even claim ownership of Lagos State. I'm hoping for development of my own state because that'll make me proud plus I believe Lagos needs to be de-cluttered. Ogun state hasn't reached anywhere close to its potential. I believe Ogun State should be like a Virginia or Maryland to DC in the US. Let's all work on making progress in our home states but let's never get comfortable in another man's state and forget to develop ours to the point of even claiming ownership

1 Like

Re: South West Rated High In Internally Generated Revenue. by beremolee: 1:20pm On Oct 15, 2014
Ogun State IGR alone is larger than entire SE put together. I am Igbo myself.

2 Likes

Re: South West Rated High In Internally Generated Revenue. by BOAR: 1:45pm On Oct 15, 2014
IGBOSON1:

^^^You should try and learn to ignore certain things! If you believe the facts on the ground don't support their assertion, then why join issues with anyone that says Lagos is 'no mans land'!? You're only showing them it winds you up, and they'll continue saying it to wind you up the more!

Exactly!

I don't know why people can't learn to ignore NL trolls like Buddahmonk undecided

The guy is poking fun around and some people are getting whined up.
Re: South West Rated High In Internally Generated Revenue. by NewNigeriaMind: 1:51pm On Oct 15, 2014
BOAR:

Exactly!

I don't know why people can't learn to ignore NL trolls like Buddahmonk undecided

The guy is poking fun around and some people are getting whined up.

But the guy is entertaining na!!!
Re: South West Rated High In Internally Generated Revenue. by BOAR: 2:01pm On Oct 15, 2014
NewNigeriaMind:

But the guy is entertaining na!!!

I've been here long enough to know the antics of trolls like Buddah, he lives in Lagos and frustrations of living in Lagos as a near stranger in a city in his country makes him to come to NL to entertain us with the no man's land mantra.

It gives him some emotional comfort. grin
Re: South West Rated High In Internally Generated Revenue. by emmysoftyou: 3:47pm On Oct 15, 2014
Ikenganri:
In which states and region do people use 50 naira to buy bread,beans and pure water?
bros na wa for yu o grin
na wetin mr femi,mr dayo and mr owode ibadam dey chop 4 iya amala and iya ewa agoyin place..
grin grin grin
Re: South West Rated High In Internally Generated Revenue. by Nobody: 4:35pm On Oct 15, 2014
Yes oooo i live in Lagos the former capital of Nigeria, a no man's land, the melting point and centre of Nigeria unity, the economic capital of Nigeria.

If Lagos is a yorubaland did the Yorubas build the airport, seaport, bridges, Banks headoffices, National Theatre et al..if you can mention only 5 edifice Yorubas built in Lagos that you think its a yorubaland i will cease calling Lagos a NML.

Name what Yorubas built in Lagos,,,count 1 2 3 4 5 only
Lagos is a no man's land, i live in Lagos not in yorubaland because the walls of my house are not made of red mud while the roofs are of longspan aluminuim roofing sheet, this two are enough to tell you Lagos is alien to Yoruba tradition and cultures.
Where am staying people dont poo inside nylon and custard buckets, my sister served in Ibadam she couldnt stay because of what she was passing through, she relocated back to East and completed it, she advised me to work my posting wihich i did and served in Delta.

Am in Lagos to get some buck, the streets of lagos aint for the faint of heart, where i stay is Lagos and not yorubaland because i will rather move to Liberia than to move to Ibadam or Osogbo.

BOAR:

I've been here long enough to know the antics of trolls like Buddah, he lives in Lagos and frustrations of living in Lagos as a near stranger in a city in his country makes him to come to NL to entertain us with the no man's land mantra.

It gives him some emotional comfort. grin
Re: South West Rated High In Internally Generated Revenue. by cbravo(m): 7:49pm On Nov 10, 2016
PROPERTY RATING TAXATION” AN EFFICIENT INTERNAL GENERATION BY LOCAL GOVERNMENT IN EKWUSIGO OF ANAMBRA STATE

http://www.bravoprojecthelp.com/estate-management/property-rating-taxation-an-efficient-internal-generation-by-local-government-in-ekwusigo-of-anambra-state/

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Difference Between So-called Moslem Moderates And Extremists / 10 Pictures APC Fans Dont Want To See / Buhari's Trekker Hangs Himself (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.