Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,808 members, 7,810,105 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:52 PM

Disobey Fayemi’s Curfew, Fayose Tells Ekiti People - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Disobey Fayemi’s Curfew, Fayose Tells Ekiti People (4990 Views)

Fayose Releases His Phone Number To Ekiti People / Support Fayemi's Nomination, Fayose Tells Ekiti National Assembly Members / No September Salary For Now, Fayose Tells Ekiti Workers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Disobey Fayemi’s Curfew, Fayose Tells Ekiti People by ayindejimmy(m): 1:44am On Oct 15, 2014
Disobey Fayemi’s curfew, Fayose tells Ekiti people

The political crisis in Ekiti State has heightened with the Governor-elect, Ayo Fayose, calling on the residents of the state to ignore the curfew imposed by outgoing Governor Kayode Fayemi.
Fayose, who arrived in Ado-Ekiti on Tuesday afternoon amid jubilation by his supporters, made the call while featuring on a live radio and television interview monitored onNigerian Television Authority.
Fayemi had on September 26 said “there would be no movement between the hours of 7pm and 7am every day till further notice.”
The outgoing governor had explained that the curfew was necessitated by the widespread violence that greeted the murder of a former Chairman of the National Union of Road Transport Workers, Omolafe Aderiye, by gunmen.
During the interview, Fayose said residents should go about their normal business because the curfew had brought untold hardship to them.
Fayose said, “It is unfortunate that people have been put under needless pressure and I have discussed with the police and the army on the need to let people move around freely.”
“I have spoken with the security agencies on the need to allow people to move freely. As from today, I have released people to go about freely. There is no more curfew.
“No security agent will arrest you. Anyone who is harassed or arrested should call me.”
Fayose gave out a mobile line that people could call him on to secure their release if arrested.The governor, who promised to personally seek the release of anyone arrested by law enforcement agencies, also likened the alleged last-minute efforts by the All Progressives Congress and the Ekiti-11 to stop his October 16 inauguration to the last kick of a dying horse.
He said the outgoing government would leave a debt profile of nearly N84bn for his administration.
“They took N31bn in the first instance and paid about N10bn and they took another N22bn loan and the state is having N552m monthly deficit and the repayment is till 2020,” he said.
On the purported suit at a Federal High Court in Lagos on Tuesday by the APC and the E-11 to stop his inauguration on Thursday, Fayose said God’s will would prevail no matter the circumstances.
He said, “Everything will work for good for me and the people of Ekiti State. The case filed in Lagos today(Tuesday); we have found out their antics and I am confident that I would be inaugurated.
“I am currently enjoying God’s grace and kindness which I did not merit. I will work with everybody even within and outside the party.
“This is a rare second chance and I will consult widely with everybody before taking policy decisions.
“You people of Ekiti State saw me that I am not a professor before you voted for me. Those making frantic efforts to go against the will of the people will not succeed. Their efforts is like the last kick of a dying horse and we will triumph.”
The governor-elect added that he had not enjoyed the support of the state government on the arrangement for his inauguration.
He said, “I called Governor Fayemi last week and I told him that the people that will set up the canopy at Government House grounds will arrive today (Tuesday) but Fayemi said no. He said I should write through a permanent secretary and I said no problem. The reception will hold at the Trade Fair Complex in Ado-Ekiti.”
Fayose also pleaded with workers in the state to suspend the industrial action and join his incoming government in developing the state.
He lamented that government had neglected the welfare of the people by owing them salaries and not remitting deductions to their cooperative accounts.
Efforts byThe PUNCHto speak with the state Commissioner for Information, Mr. Tayo Ekundayo, on Fayose’s call on the people to ignore the curfew and his claim that the government was not prepared for his inauguaration proved abortive.
http://www.punchng.com/news/disobey-fayemis-curfew-fayose-tells-ekiti-people/
Re: Disobey Fayemi’s Curfew, Fayose Tells Ekiti People by Nobody: 2:08am On Oct 15, 2014
Nigeria political landscape is theater of comedians,where anything,and everything goes.

Imagine,a governor elect over-ruling the decision of a sitting governor,all to score cheap political point

2 Likes

Re: Disobey Fayemi’s Curfew, Fayose Tells Ekiti People by shikshark: 3:05am On Oct 15, 2014
wetin we no go hear from this ekiti state

1 Like

Re: Disobey Fayemi’s Curfew, Fayose Tells Ekiti People by FastShipping: 3:11am On Oct 15, 2014
I expect Fayose to be removed within two months after inauguration. He has brought so much attention to himself in the last two months since winning the election. The young man should have humbled himself and allow the judges to do their job; instead he has kept swinging at anything in his way.

1 Like

Re: Disobey Fayemi’s Curfew, Fayose Tells Ekiti People by stinggy(m): 5:10am On Oct 15, 2014
Well, that's a wrong thing to say fayose
Re: Disobey Fayemi’s Curfew, Fayose Tells Ekiti People by femmy2010(m): 5:52am On Oct 15, 2014
This is total rubbish .
Fayemi is still the Governor and his laws should remain binding .

3 Likes

Re: Disobey Fayemi’s Curfew, Fayose Tells Ekiti People by pelvicky(m): 6:04am On Oct 15, 2014
Honestly, fayemi has put people under hardship and deny their freedom of movement cos of one yeye curfew.

Ride on my ayodele fayose...we will support you,.south west for PDP!

10 Likes

Re: Disobey Fayemi’s Curfew, Fayose Tells Ekiti People by aieromon(m): 6:15am On Oct 15, 2014
From a observers viewpoint,the people of Ekiti seem to love Fayose. You should have seen the jubilation on the streets of Ado as he entered the town in his convoy of cars with support from motor cycle riders.

9 Likes

Re: Disobey Fayemi’s Curfew, Fayose Tells Ekiti People by mogentle(m): 6:50am On Oct 15, 2014
aieromon:
From a observers viewpoint,the people of Ekiti seem to love Fayose. You should have seen the jubilation on the streets of Ado as he entered the town in his convoy of cars with support from motor cycle riders.

So does the Egyptians.

1 Like

Re: Disobey Fayemi’s Curfew, Fayose Tells Ekiti People by thunderrider: 6:51am On Oct 15, 2014
Fayose tread softly
Re: Disobey Fayemi’s Curfew, Fayose Tells Ekiti People by Nobody: 7:10am On Oct 15, 2014
This is the height of irresponsibility, that an ordinary Governor-elect will go on National TV to incite people against the order of an elected Governor. Nigeria's democracy is being trampled by some miscreants supported by the PDP and the Presidency. What is the Police doing? Arrest Ayo Fayose

1 Like

Re: Disobey Fayemi’s Curfew, Fayose Tells Ekiti People by Omimah: 7:13am On Oct 15, 2014
Ekiti, you got what you asked.
Re: Disobey Fayemi’s Curfew, Fayose Tells Ekiti People by EldaTimba(m): 7:15am On Oct 15, 2014
Fayose ni ooooooooooo. Tomorrow is the D-day. #Ghanamustgo

1 Like

Re: Disobey Fayemi’s Curfew, Fayose Tells Ekiti People by EldaTimba(m): 7:17am On Oct 15, 2014
baccaspace:
This is the height of irresponsibility, that an ordinary Governor-elect will go on National TV to incite people against the order of an elected Governor. Nigeria's democracy is being trampled by some miscreants supported by the PDP and the Presidency. What is the Police doing? Arrest Ayo Fayose
Chill. Arrest means nothing because by 12am tomorrow, he will be the new Governor. #Ghanamustgo

6 Likes

Re: Disobey Fayemi’s Curfew, Fayose Tells Ekiti People by TUNFOL: 7:20am On Oct 15, 2014
Just the way you exected him to loose election, yet he won. Just the way you expected judgement to be procured against him, yet none. Just the way you expected his inauguration to be scuttled, yet is holding. How many expecation had U and how many have been cut-off. And the bible says "...the expectation of the righteous shall not be cut-off" the question is 'are you righteous?' Just finking aloud.
FastShipping:
I expect Fayose to be removed within two months after inauguration. He has brought so much attention to himself in the last two months since winning the election. The young man should have humbled himself and allow the judges to do their job; instead he has kept swinging at anything in his way.

13 Likes

Re: Disobey Fayemi’s Curfew, Fayose Tells Ekiti People by EldaTimba(m): 7:20am On Oct 15, 2014
Omimah:
Ekiti, you got what you asked.
And are ekitiketes complaining? You've got to see the hatred ekiti state's Inhabitants have for Fayemi and APC. It is a pity APC has lost all the federal constituency and presidential votes come 2015.

5 Likes

Re: Disobey Fayemi’s Curfew, Fayose Tells Ekiti People by pontirock(m): 7:22am On Oct 15, 2014
Mr, Fayose, Your Tenure Starts On Thursday But Btween Now And Then Fayemi Is Still D Governor

1 Like

Re: Disobey Fayemi’s Curfew, Fayose Tells Ekiti People by Nobody: 7:23am On Oct 15, 2014
EldaTimba:

Chill. Arrest means nothing because by 12am tomorrow, he will be the new Governor. #Ghanamustgo
Bros, I am not saying that Ayo Fayose shouldn't be sworn-in, all I'm saying is that he should relax till he's sworn-in. As of today, Fayemi is still the Governor. I wish Ekiti well but Fayose antecedent makes me wonder what Ekiti saw in him. I may be too hard on Fayose though
Re: Disobey Fayemi’s Curfew, Fayose Tells Ekiti People by pontirock(m): 7:24am On Oct 15, 2014
pelvicky:
Honestly, fayemi has put people under hardship and deny their freedom of movement cos of one yeye curfew.

You Mean Somalia South West? You Must Be A Citizen Of The Federal Republic Of Dreamlanders!
Re: Disobey Fayemi’s Curfew, Fayose Tells Ekiti People by EldaTimba(m): 7:32am On Oct 15, 2014
baccaspace:
Bros, I am not saying that Ayo Fayose shouldn't be sworn-in, all I'm saying is that he should relax till he's sworn-in. As of today, Fayemi is still the Governor. I wish Ekiti well but Fayose antecedent makes me wonder what Ekiti saw in him. I may be too hard on Fayose though
I understand you but you need to hear what ekiti people based in the state are saying.

5 Likes

Re: Disobey Fayemi’s Curfew, Fayose Tells Ekiti People by Nobody: 7:39am On Oct 15, 2014
EldaTimba:

I understand you but you need to hear what ekiti people based in the state are saying.
I have one belief, politics is local. I will be unfair to dictate for Ekiti, all I can do is give my analysis and opinions about events and that's it! If you follow my input, I kicked against the violence against judiciary and anything that wll lead to breakdown of law and order. Ekiti should not celebrate the lawlessness of Ayo Fayose because it surely will boomerang. God will spare our lives till tomorrow's swearing-in of Ayo(if court didn't stop it)
Re: Disobey Fayemi’s Curfew, Fayose Tells Ekiti People by femmy2010(m): 7:43am On Oct 15, 2014
Okpolo Eye no be Open eyes ooO .
Ekiti Peeps has voted their choice and should deal with it.

2 Likes

Re: Disobey Fayemi’s Curfew, Fayose Tells Ekiti People by EldaTimba(m): 7:46am On Oct 15, 2014
baccaspace:
I have one belief, politics is local. I will be unfair to dictate for Ekiti, all I can do is give my analysis and opinions about events and that's it! If you follow my input, I kicked against the violence against judiciary and anything that wll lead to breakdown of law and order. Ekiti should not celebrate the lawlessness of Ayo Fayose because it surely will boomerang. God will spare our lives till tomorrow's swearing-in of Ayo(if court didn't stop it)
Amen
Re: Disobey Fayemi’s Curfew, Fayose Tells Ekiti People by Nobody: 7:50am On Oct 15, 2014
[/quote](if court didn't stop it) [quote]

stop it ke ?on what basis? no matter what a high court rules, Fayose would be sworn in tomorrow.There are stil 2 grounds for appeal at the appeal and supreme court,but i bet you,it will never get to that

3 Likes

Re: Disobey Fayemi’s Curfew, Fayose Tells Ekiti People by disloman(m): 7:50am On Oct 15, 2014
EldaTimba:

And are ekitiketes complaining? You've got to see the hatred ekiti state's Inhabitants have for Fayemi and APC. It is a pity APC has lost all the federal constituency and presidential votes come 2015.
In ur dream.
Re: Disobey Fayemi’s Curfew, Fayose Tells Ekiti People by EldaTimba(m): 7:56am On Oct 15, 2014
disloman:
In ur dream.
In as much as I want change, I know the change isn't feasible next year because APC have made more enemies in the last few month. Ask an inhabitant of the state about APC and deduce your point. Let us be realistic in our claims. APC can NEVER have 40% in Ekiti talk less of winning. Have you forgotten Ekiti people are "alagidi" and they never forget what was said about them?

2 Likes

Re: Disobey Fayemi’s Curfew, Fayose Tells Ekiti People by Nobody: 8:10am On Oct 15, 2014
EldaTimba:

Abeg, wetin you mean by #Ghana must go
Re: Disobey Fayemi’s Curfew, Fayose Tells Ekiti People by hazyfm: 8:14am On Oct 15, 2014
[size=28pt]TIRED OF THIS FAYO/FAYE FIGHT[/size]
Re: Disobey Fayemi’s Curfew, Fayose Tells Ekiti People by akumada1: 8:17am On Oct 15, 2014
We can not analyse what is happening in Ekiti base on media reports, Ekiti indegines are in good position to analyse the development.

2 Likes

Re: Disobey Fayemi’s Curfew, Fayose Tells Ekiti People by horpe132(m): 8:19am On Oct 15, 2014
pelvicky:

-
-
-

- What will people say About You when You DIE ??
-
-
-#just-Curious
Re: Disobey Fayemi’s Curfew, Fayose Tells Ekiti People by TUNFOL: 8:21am On Oct 15, 2014
Kk. Let me tell you what Ekiti people see in him. They see in him a true friend, an accute advocate of the masses and a big man with ear to listen and solve the problems of the downthroden wheither he is in or out of government. How did it start. Immediately Niyi Adebayo governmet started in 1999, Ayo fayose arrived from know-where, erecting sign-post of 'Ayo Fayose 4 Governor-2003' everywhere in Ekiti-state. I mean he started this in 1999, when the new governmet was just inaugurated. Nobody took him seriiously, expecially when it was discovered he was contesting under PDP, when SW seemed to have vowed to remain with Awolowo's Party-AD. Fayose continued his campaign, undisturbed for 4 years. He practically ran a parallel government. He had a mobile health services and portable water supply system which he made available to all and sundries at no cost. He was solving the problems of the masses. Things Government was suppose to do and failed, he was doing it without collecting allocation IGR or tax from anyone. There was a time Adebayo could not pay civil servants salary (like Fayemi is owing them now) Fayose asked the government to give him the parol of all the civil servants in EKITI, he would pay. For the first time, Adebayo government felt treatened. To cut it short, Fayose defeated Adebayo, the sitting governor @ the poll (I wouldn't go to the drama and story of PDP primary election that produced him as PDP gubernatorial candidate in 2003, leading to the political demise of S.K.B Babalola) Niyi Adebayo's government lacked structural development in Ekiti State because it was 'paddy-paddy' government. The fund of the government was seriously channelled into funding personal embarkment of some greedy traditional rulers and elites (some of who you see in E-11 today). When Fayose came in 2003, the greedy Obas and the so called elite expected a continum of Adebayo's 'shua-shua' but Fayose did not only decline, he lambasted them in secret and in the open. Then the battle line was drawn. They used everything @ their disposal to fight him. They started with his Ibadan Poly HND certificate scandal. They employed the power of media and intellectual tool. Yet the guy triumphed. They did not stop there, they waged all manners of battles. He also is not a diplomatic person. The more they fought him, te more he fought back. An average Ekiti man knows the battle he was fighting. They were aware he was fighting on the side of the poor masses against the selfish elite. It was a 'class' war! Despite his multi-various battles, development works was going-on throughout Ekiti. Roads were been tarred, dualisation of Ado road commenced, Education was improving and beautiful tources was put on government schools. Health and sport was growing and low cost housing estates was being built in the State. Above all, all workers got dia salary, unfalingly on 27th of every month. Nobody was owed. There was always activities two to appoint the best teacher in schools and the best in other professions (He started the idea of Teacher's Day) People will have enough to eat and there will be ankara for all. He was very accesible. He moved freely in the State and his direct phone number was with everybody in the state. You are free to call your governor @ anytime and he will pick. If he couldn't pick, he will return your calls. Now how many councillors can even do this let aloone a governor. There are others. When I am less busy, I will discuss them.
baccaspace:

12 Likes

Re: Disobey Fayemi’s Curfew, Fayose Tells Ekiti People by EldaTimba(m): 8:24am On Oct 15, 2014
Timehin:

Abeg, wetin you mean by #Ghana must go
That is the slogan used by an average ekiti man to intimidate Fayemi. He will return to Ghana tomorrow. grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Now That Atiku Has Resigned From APC, Here Is What Will Happen Soon / EkitiDecides2018: Supreme Court Will Sack APC's Fayemi / No Plan To Override President – Reps

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.