Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,061 members, 7,818,179 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:32 AM

How To Start Simple Importation Business In Nigeria - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How To Start Simple Importation Business In Nigeria (657 Views)

Secondary School Student Are Now Makes Money Doing Simple Importation Business / Importation Business As Plan 'B'. The Nitty Gritty. / Mini Importation Business, Am I Going Crazy Or What? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Start Simple Importation Business In Nigeria by goteborg20(m): 8:13am On Oct 15, 2014
Most of the goods used in Nigeria come from abroad, even though we are making effort to become developed but right now we are yet to get there. There are goods out there that when brought into this country would sell like water, so how can someone bring these goods into the country in a legal way to earn mega income?
Until now import business used to be the exclusive reserve of people with plenty of money and technical knowledge, people who can travel to anywhere in the world. But right now, the story has changed; you can in fact import goods from overseas right from your bedroom without having to travel anywhere.
One thing special about imported goods is that people get to respect it more than the locally made goods (not necessarily superior in quality though) and tends to patronize it more.
Let’s face it — import business is a very big business but you need to know how to start in order to make a lot of money from the goods you will import, you need to start by knowing the sequence and processes to follow. So how do you proceed to setting up your import business?
1. Look for hot and essential Products
In those days you would need to travel to many countries to be able to identify products to import. Now, you can seat back at the luxury of your bedroom and do it on the internet. Look for trending products or some that are not in the the country presently that you think people will love.
First of all, bring small quantity into Nigeria to see how people will react to it. That is, to quantify the acceptability of the product before importing. If a product is not acceptable, there is no need to invest your hard earned money into it because it wouldn’t sell to make you your money back. You must do this initial product trail by bringing small quantity first to see if people are going to like it.
After you showed it to your prospective customers and they like it, make estimate of the quantity they would demand based on their interest and use the data to judge the volume of goods to be imported. Use the same process to get your subsequent products. Until the product become a household name.
2. Where to get the Products
Like I said earlier, you don’t have to travel overseas to get sample of any product — you can get it on the internet. Go to merchant websites like Alibaba.com, Ebay.com, etc. or just do a Google search on the product and where to import it — glance through to see the type of product that is not already in the Nigerian market.
Place your order by paying using your electronic Credit or Debit card. Most Nigerian Banks now have cards that are acceptable on these sites. You can also pay for those goods through other means like bank deposit or money transfer. Once you’ve paid for the goods with shipment cost included. The next thing is to wait for the goods to arrive. You may not need the services of a clearing agent if the import is through premium Courier services Like DHL, UPS and others.
3. Sell off the Products
You must have talked to your prospective customers about your soon to arrive product using the sample from the previous product sample you brought in. Now that you have the main products, Get the product to them and sell off at whole sale price to make your profit.
Then repeat the process to as many times as it remains profitable. To be able to increase your capital, you need to reinvest your gain from the first and second trips until you have enough money to import in mega quantity.
Check from Nigeria import and export promotion commission to see types of products allowed into this country.
I will share more details about import business in my subsequent articles. For now ask your questions by commenting below and let’s expand on the subject for a better knowledge.

1 Like

Re: How To Start Simple Importation Business In Nigeria by gboyetade: 11:47am On Oct 15, 2014
Akure ni me i gbe. lets make it whatsapp untill there is someone without it. fb is more complex and consumes more data

(1) (Reply)

How To Raise Funds From Venture Capital / ‘nigerians Need To Work In Collaboration’ - CHRIS IHIDERO / Bet9ja Players Pls Help Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.