Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,411 members, 7,850,453 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 09:40 PM

Why Are Burials Celebrated Elaborately More Than Birthdays? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Why Are Burials Celebrated Elaborately More Than Birthdays? (541 Views)

Community Ban Burials Because Of Christmas. / Burials In Different Cultures. / Chief Akkiri, Mum-zi Birthdays (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Are Burials Celebrated Elaborately More Than Birthdays? by Nobody: 10:37am On Oct 15, 2014
Ever since i have been in existence, i have attended more burials and birthdays and i have seen how both are being celebrated. Please i need a lil clarification on the above subject matter
Re: Why Are Burials Celebrated Elaborately More Than Birthdays? by Alexk2(m): 10:56am On Oct 15, 2014
you first need to understand that most of our cultural way of doing things is very very wrong. why should we be celebrating death of a loved one?..what is the moral
justification behind that? pple now borrow and become indebted because of such ceremonies. IT IS VERY VERY WRONG!
..not just burial ceremonies, even weddings are now beyond d reach of moderate couples. our culture indirectly discourage simple and cost effective wedding ceremonies and we should learn to say NO.
For me, i'll go with what is right not what the culture dictates.
Re: Why Are Burials Celebrated Elaborately More Than Birthdays? by Yustash001(m): 11:17am On Oct 15, 2014
Alexk2:
you first need to understand that most of our cultural way of doing things is very very wrong. why should we be celebrating death of a loved one?..what is the moral
justification behind that? pple now borrow and become indebted because of such ceremonies. IT IS VERY VERY WRONG!
..not just burial ceremonies, even weddings are now beyond d reach of moderate couples. our culture indirectly discourage simple and cost effective wedding ceremonies and we should learn to say NO.
For me, i'll go with what is right not what the culture dictates.
well said

(1) (Reply)

The Nigerian Child / ///alfa Ojasope Special Prayer & Healing.. / The Greatest Women Fighters Of All Time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.