Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,963 members, 7,863,419 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 05:27 PM

How To Be An Expert Driver At Night - Autos (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / How To Be An Expert Driver At Night (2765 Views)

Need An Expert Driver Who Could Transport Your Cars Suv And Bus To Anywhere / SOLD SOLD...TOKS 2006 TOYOTA RAV4**WE SELL IT CHEAP, SO YOU CAN SLEEP AT NIGHT** / Motor Windscreen Water And Light Repellent, Help To Keep Save In Rain N At Night (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Be An Expert Driver At Night by swaystunna(m): 10:29pm On Oct 15, 2014
Cars wit upper n lower headlamps shouldn't hav P
Re: How To Be An Expert Driver At Night by moscobabs(m): 8:35am On Oct 16, 2014
whaaoo!!! I love this thank u sir
lomomike:
I use glasses and when I drive at night I usually get glares from on coming cars whose drivers usually install after market HID lamps as highbeams or constantly use highbeams in Abuja even if you flash them to dip their beams they won't (I don't blame them I blame the defective system for not mandating and enforcing drivers to go for 6months compulsory driving lessons and sit for exams).

Here are tips I'd love you to keep in mind when driving at night.

1. Ensure ALL your headlights, tail-lamps, side markers, turn signal lights and hazards are functional and are operating according to manufacturer's settings.

2. Anticipate your driving and other drivers habits hold your steering and gaze far where your lights fade away and notice the surrounding, from this you can pick your lane not too far into on-coming traffic and not too far to the shoulder of the road this would help you familiarize yourself in that road. But don't drive jack-rabbit style or go on high speed than necessary (if the speed limit is 100km/hr, you can do 80-95km/hr).

3. Don't look into headlighs of on-coming vehicles, and when you have a mad man behind you on full beam, don't gaze into your mirror unnecessarily unless it has auto-dim function enabled.

4. Dip your beam for uncoming drivers, if you notice they are straying into your lane or dangerously close to your lane flash them rapidly look at your right hand side and give way for them while notifying drivers behind you (use of turn signal matters here).

5. When in populated areas (high vehicular and pedestrian population), residential areas, institutional areas or very busy roads, dip your beams. You can use high beams in lonely roads when driving alone on that road with no on-coming vehicles. Especially when doing an interstate journey. But when a vehicle appears, dip your beams.

6. Ensure your headlamps, mirrors and glasses are clean and not smeared with grease, oil dirts and other substances. When dirts are on mirrors and glasses, it reflects lights which in turn causes glare.
Re: How To Be An Expert Driver At Night by kmoneyman: 8:55am On Oct 16, 2014
concentrate n becoming an expert driver during the day before u target being an expert driver at night.For goodness sake you just started driving 4 months ago shocked .there is no magic in it
Re: How To Be An Expert Driver At Night by andywaves(m): 9:53am On Oct 16, 2014
Toyota vehicles have a problen with lights specially their models before 2000 camry n sienna inclusive

Check if your windscreen has been changed some cars have a windscreen that is just plain transparent this type admits light without reducing the intensity of the rays thereby causing temporary blindness mostly found on the CE model toyotas

Usually better ti go or car with a little tinted windscreen some r bluish greenish or brownish if light hits it it reduces the intensity something like looking at the sun with shades n looking with plain glass

Also check your headlights n wash them though that wont make much difference if u have plain glass lemme guess ur sienna doesnt have tinted window

I had a car like that n figured out what d problem was n changed the screen cuz I do a lot of night travelling if u r alone on the road ur lights very bright but once the is light in front of u even torch light ur blinded.

1 Like

Re: How To Be An Expert Driver At Night by moscobabs(m): 1:17pm On Oct 16, 2014
thank u sir
andywaves:
Toyota vehicles have a problen with lights specially their models before 2000 camry n sienna inclusive

Check if your windscreen has been changed some cars have a windscreen that is just plain transparent this type admits light without reducing the intensity of the rays thereby causing temporary blindness mostly found on the CE model toyotas

Usually better ti go or car with a little tinted windscreen some r bluish greenish or brownish if light hits it it reduces the intensity something like looking at the sun with shades n looking with plain glass

Also check your headlights n wash them though that wont make much difference if u have plain glass lemme guess ur sienna doesnt have tinted window

I had a car like that n figured out what d problem was n changed the screen cuz I do a lot of night travelling if u r alone on the road ur lights very bright but once the is light in front of u even torch light ur blinded.

(1) (2) (Reply)

. / 2008 Range Rover Vogue Supercharged... FULL Options / Toks 2006 Toyota Corolla For Sale SOLD

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.