Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,988 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:07 AM

Ahead 2015 General Elections Fashola Hits FG, TAN In A Very Hard Way - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ahead 2015 General Elections Fashola Hits FG, TAN In A Very Hard Way (3738 Views)

Protesters Storm INEC Office, Demand Postponement Of General Elections / 2015 Elections Fashola Vs Duke Presidency / 2011 General Elections: Fashola Calls For National Debate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ahead 2015 General Elections Fashola Hits FG, TAN In A Very Hard Way by Gbawe: 4:17pm On Oct 15, 2014
http://www.osundefender.org/?p=190676

Ahead 2015 general elections Fashola hits FG, TAN in a very hard way

Lagos State Governor Babatunde Fashola came hard on the President Goodluck Jonathan-led administration and members of the Transformation Ambassadors of Nigeria (TAN). He said their idea of transformation defied dictionary meaning. The governor said a government that spends an average of 65 per cent of its annual national budget on recurrent expenditure in the last four years cannot be adjudged to be transforming the country.

FASHOLA, JONATHAN

Fashola cautioned the government against leading the country on the roads to Rwanda and Detroit in the United States of America, where insecurity, joblessness, poverty, corruption, division and lack of moral values prevail.
He said for Nigeria to start its journey of true reconstruction, reconciliation and rehabilitation as espoused by the Gowon administration immediately after the civil war, we must collectively rework our value system.

The governor spoke at the 2014 Leadership annual conference and awards ceremony organised by Leadership Newspapers yesterday in Abuja.
Fashola, in his paper titled: “Rebuilding the Nation: Lessons from Other Lands”, emphasised that the desired change which Nigerians yearn for was only possible through their votes. He told the gathering among whom were former of Head of State, Gen. Yakubu Gowon, Speaker of the House of Representatives Aminu Tambuwal, Governors Emmanuel Uduaghan (Delta), Adams Oshiomhole (Edo), Rabiu Kwankwaso (Kano), Aliyu Wamakko (Sokoto), and Senator Bukola Saraki that the 2015 general elections would be the defining moment for the country.
A change, he maintained, should begin with the coming elections, if Nigerians are truly desirous of change in the socio-political and economic outlook of the country.

Fashola said Nigeria politicians were behaving like Detroit politicians who preferred kicking the can around with excuses rather than confronting and addressing the problems facing the state.
“Detroit, the home of Ford automobile in the 1950 employed 250,000 people, but today it is bankrupt with about $20 billion debt, and hardly able to employ 20,000 people. “We must turn Nigeria around. We cannot keep this calm for another four years. The consequences will be grave, it will be global and it will be reverberating. “Nigerians must renew their own values and we must find our own solution from within us, and to be specific, that change must come from within our democratic process.”

The governor said Nigerians have not experienced the promise of this country because our values and moral codes have gone in different directions. Fashola said the Federal Government has failed to entrench true transformation as it has professed, describing the on-going Transformation Agenda as mere “slogan”. The governor said: “If truly there was a desire to make a change for the better which is what transformation means; it should be obvious as astatement of intention from the budget.

“Our budget spends more on recurrent payment of salaries, travel, and generally running government. I ask is this what transformation is about that? “The signs that there was not going to be any transformation in Nigeria were obvious to me since 2011; as mere slogan perhaps yes, but as a call to purposeful action the jury is out. “If we want change, the elections in 2015 are a good place to start. For me, these elections must not be so much about what the opposition brings as some people have argued.
“I know that what the opposition does might or might not be helpful, if you and I are happy with what we have now and some ambassadors said that they are, then nothing that the opposition does will change how it feels.
“Conversely, if we are unhappy with what we have, the logical thing to do is to attempt to change it with our votes and to change the next one too if we do not find what we want until we find what we all want. That is when the people would truly have attained power”, the governor asserted.

He said the promise of Nigeria must be fulfilled whether the present crops of politicians like it or not, noting that moral and ethical rebirth are the surest way to get the nation back on track. Chairman of the occasion Sir Amuka Pemu lamented that the civil service mass purge during the tenure of Gen. Murtala Mohammed marked the beginning of the problems confronting the nation today. He pointed out that lack of job security in the service turned the civil service into self service with the attendant abuse of public service and diminished integrity.
Amuka, who canvassed for simple decency and respect for the rule of law, added that with insecurity across the country and the fact that the Chibok girls were still in captivity, it was difficult for the country to celebrate its 54th anniversary and centenary.
The Group Managing Director of Leadership Newspaper, Azu Ishekwene, said despite the seeming fear and despair across the nation, Leadership Newspaper sees hope in the future of the country.
Posted by: Blessing Olaifa, Assistant Editor and Frank Ikpefan

11 Likes

Re: Ahead 2015 General Elections Fashola Hits FG, TAN In A Very Hard Way by tobiit(m): 4:22pm On Oct 15, 2014
Very well spoken. TAN is mislead group... Sorry to say that.

6 Likes

Re: Ahead 2015 General Elections Fashola Hits FG, TAN In A Very Hard Way by T4taiwo(m): 4:25pm On Oct 15, 2014
God bless you BRF, you have said it all.

7 Likes

Re: Ahead 2015 General Elections Fashola Hits FG, TAN In A Very Hard Way by tinkinjow: 4:28pm On Oct 15, 2014
Just like there's nothing progressive in giving out 20% (#5,000,000,000) of lagos internally generated revenue to Tinubu every month...an amount more than what most state are getting.

I hate hypocrisy

23 Likes

Re: Ahead 2015 General Elections Fashola Hits FG, TAN In A Very Hard Way by DONGOYARO1: 4:34pm On Oct 15, 2014
About 70% of our annual budget goes into recurrent expenditure !!! No serious country does that

5 Likes

Re: Ahead 2015 General Elections Fashola Hits FG, TAN In A Very Hard Way by Articul8(m): 4:34pm On Oct 15, 2014
tinkinjow:
Just like there's nothing progressive in giving out 20% (#5,000,000,000) of lagos internally generated revenue to Tinubu every month...an amount more than what most state are getting.

I hate hypocrisy
your proof sir! Comment on what he has said. Is he ryt or wrng? Then we can also deal with him. So dnt wave his observations because of his hypocrisy.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ahead 2015 General Elections Fashola Hits FG, TAN In A Very Hard Way by Nobody: 4:41pm On Oct 15, 2014
Fashola thank you for this knockout

4 Likes

Re: Ahead 2015 General Elections Fashola Hits FG, TAN In A Very Hard Way by OAM4J: 4:44pm On Oct 15, 2014
For me, these elections must not be so much about what the opposition brings as some people have argued.

“I know that what the opposition does might or might not be helpful, if you and I are happy with what we have now and some ambassadors said that they are, then nothing that the opposition does will change how it feels.

“Conversely, if we are unhappy with what we have, the logical thing to do is to attempt to change it with our votes and to change the next one too if we do not find what we want until we find what we all want. That is when the people would truly have attained power”, the governor asserted.

Very True!

12 Likes

Re: Ahead 2015 General Elections Fashola Hits FG, TAN In A Very Hard Way by pentagonal: 4:46pm On Oct 15, 2014
tinkinjow:

I hate hypocrisy

evidence of this balderdash or stick a sanitary pad in your mouth.

16 Likes

Re: Ahead 2015 General Elections Fashola Hits FG, TAN In A Very Hard Way by Nobody: 4:46pm On Oct 15, 2014
Fashola always on point.

4 Likes

Re: Ahead 2015 General Elections Fashola Hits FG, TAN In A Very Hard Way by Gbawe: 4:47pm On Oct 15, 2014
Is Fashola not 100% correct? In some of the most advanced and infrastructurally sound nations on earth, recurrent expenditure is in single digit i.e under 10% while capital spending is always given the lion share by a very wide margin. If GEJ, with the duty of leading by example, keeps up the old and deleterious practice of spending 65-70% of our annual budget on servicing the affairs of Government (essentially the practice of keeping an elite and privileged minority connected to affairs of governance very wealthy at the expense of the populace) how can any sane person view him as "transformation"? Is it not obvious GEJ is "more of the same" and worse?

8 Likes

Re: Ahead 2015 General Elections Fashola Hits FG, TAN In A Very Hard Way by focus7: 4:47pm On Oct 15, 2014
Re: Ahead 2015 General Elections Fashola Hits FG, TAN In A Very Hard Way by Omimah: 4:47pm On Oct 15, 2014
It's never a mistake that Tunde Fashola is said to be one of the best 100 thinkers in the world.

12 Likes

Re: Ahead 2015 General Elections Fashola Hits FG, TAN In A Very Hard Way by Splashme: 4:52pm On Oct 15, 2014
[size=14pt]TAN activities are really giving sleepless nights to the APC.

Fashola is talking from his anuss these. He is lobbying to be picked as running Buhari's mate[/size]

12 Likes

Re: Ahead 2015 General Elections Fashola Hits FG, TAN In A Very Hard Way by Gbawe: 4:52pm On Oct 15, 2014
DONGOYARO1:
About 70% of our annual budget goes into recurrent expenditure !!! No serious country does that

Indeed. Especially not one with a President who is a champion of corruption and ten-air-plane profligacy posing as "transformation" and "fresh air".

7 Likes

Re: Ahead 2015 General Elections Fashola Hits FG, TAN In A Very Hard Way by Nobody: 5:01pm On Oct 15, 2014
It is easier to judge others and give ourselves a pass mark. Before we go back to Fashola's anti-masses policies and illegal interstate deportation cacophonies.......In short, there is no point glorifying these Tinubu stooges with a response, because they already know that they are failing. And a falling man can grab anything on his gravitational drifting to abysmal pit of illusions.

Fashola, can you take off the toll-gates and find another way of funding the fraud called Eko Atlantic City ?

12 Likes

Re: Ahead 2015 General Elections Fashola Hits FG, TAN In A Very Hard Way by odunH(m): 5:46pm On Oct 15, 2014
Thank you my amiable working Governor.
Re: Ahead 2015 General Elections Fashola Hits FG, TAN In A Very Hard Way by Nobody: 5:55pm On Oct 15, 2014
berem:
Fashola always on point.
Always
Re: Ahead 2015 General Elections Fashola Hits FG, TAN In A Very Hard Way by slimfit1(m): 6:06pm On Oct 15, 2014
Billyonaire:
It is easier to judge others and give ourselves a pass mark. Before we go back to Fashola's anti-masses policies and illegal intrastate deportation cacophonies.......In short, there is no point glorifying these Tinubu stooges with a response, because they already know that they are failing. And a falling man can grab anything on his gravitational drifting to abysmal pit of illusions.

Fashola, can you take off the toll-gates and find another way of funding the fraud called Eko Atlantic City ?

Fasholas foolishness is Jonathan's wisdom hope you know that. The man called Jonathan should be in the zoo or jungle right now that is where is brains fit.

9 Likes

Re: Ahead 2015 General Elections Fashola Hits FG, TAN In A Very Hard Way by LOC1(m): 6:32pm On Oct 15, 2014
Words of wisdom from BRF
Re: Ahead 2015 General Elections Fashola Hits FG, TAN In A Very Hard Way by GODDYGEE91(m): 6:36pm On Oct 15, 2014
Yes just as Lagos ur state has incurred de highest debt profile greater than dat of de federal government with notin 2 show off.

10 Likes

Re: Ahead 2015 General Elections Fashola Hits FG, TAN In A Very Hard Way by Tochi3(m): 7:54pm On Oct 15, 2014
PDP, APC and other parties are all thesame. Parties who love the status quo but quick to point accusing fingers at each other as the next election approaches.

I strongly agree with some of Fashola´s point, but what i really do not understand is in the areas controlled by his party why some of these ideas and philosophies have not been applied to change the lives of the people residing in those areas. This change can start from only one Lga and spread to other areas.

I do not have any pity for all you supporters of PDP; APC because you all need to be used and dumped to start all over again. PDP is preaching Transformation while APC is preaching Change. Show me just one State PDP have succeeded in transforming and also show me one State changed by APC. The bottomline is nothing transforms and nothing changes. As long as the parties do not have an ideology the status quo reigns supreme. Nigerians, we are all in for a very long hopelessness.

PDP is a failure in my own calculations even a mega failure, they have always been anyway. APC had its opportunity but blew it before they could even realise they had one. Nigerians, none of the parties in the present dispensation will transform or bring the desired change. We have seen all this before. Be wise Nigerians.

2 Likes

Re: Ahead 2015 General Elections Fashola Hits FG, TAN In A Very Hard Way by nigerianvenom(m): 8:12pm On Oct 15, 2014
Articul8:
your proof sir! Comment on what he has said. Is he ryt or wrng? Then we can also deal with him. So dnt wave his observations because of his hypocrisy.

what do u have as a prove to what fashola said?
we need clear proves,not uttering rubbish

2 Likes

Re: Ahead 2015 General Elections Fashola Hits FG, TAN In A Very Hard Way by EdCure: 8:27pm On Oct 15, 2014
Splashme: [size=14pt]TAN activities are really giving sleepless nights to the APC.
Fashola is talking from his anuss these. He is lobbying to be picked as running Buhari's mate[/size]
Very typical of you unlettered TANoids. You spew stupidity in its purest form.

3 Likes

Re: Ahead 2015 General Elections Fashola Hits FG, TAN In A Very Hard Way by talktimi(m): 8:39pm On Oct 15, 2014
HAHAhHaHaHAHAHaHAHAHAHA grin grin Yeah right grin grin
Re: Ahead 2015 General Elections Fashola Hits FG, TAN In A Very Hard Way by talktimi(m): 8:49pm On Oct 15, 2014
Chinazaekperem6:

Timi be very very very careful.........................................
Nice photograph cool
Re: Ahead 2015 General Elections Fashola Hits FG, TAN In A Very Hard Way by thunderrider: 8:51pm On Oct 15, 2014
Re: Ahead 2015 General Elections Fashola Hits FG, TAN In A Very Hard Way by Nobody: 9:04pm On Oct 15, 2014
Whether you agree or disagree with Fashola you have to respect the essence of his argument and must agree that this is what modern Nigeria should get from an opposition leader. Issue based arguments!

That said Fashola must remember the astronomical debts of his own government when lecturing others on spending!
Re: Ahead 2015 General Elections Fashola Hits FG, TAN In A Very Hard Way by Nobody: 10:42pm On Oct 15, 2014
Inconsequential Fashola, ranting since 1804.

5 Likes

Re: Ahead 2015 General Elections Fashola Hits FG, TAN In A Very Hard Way by Ventura1: 10:55pm On Oct 15, 2014
Tochi3:
PDP, APC and other parties are all thesame. Parties who love the status quo but quick to point accusing fingers at each other as the next election approaches.

I strongly agree with some of Fashola´s point, but what i really do not understand is in the areas controlled by his party why some of these ideas and philosophies have not been applied to change the lives of the people residing in those areas. This change can start from only one Lga and spread to other areas.

I do not have any pity for all you supporters of PDP; APC because you all need to be used and dumped to start all over again. PDP is preaching Transformation while APC is preaching Change. Show me just one State PDP have succeeded in transforming and also show me one State changed by APC. The bottomline is nothing transforms and nothing changes. As long as the parties do not have an ideology the status quo reigns supreme. Nigerians, we are all in for a very long hopelessness.

PDP is a failure in my own calculations even a mega failure, they have always been anyway. APC had its opportunity but blew it before they could even realise they had one. Nigerians, none of the parties in the present dispensation will transform or bring the desired change. We have seen all this before. Be wise Nigerians.

So what should we do? siddon look and allow cluelessness to continue. One thing is sure APC cannot fail to turn things around positively in Nigeria if they win next year cos 2019 will be there for Nigerians to evaluate them.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Is The Apc Bent On Returning The Presedency To Northern Nigeria? / Jonathan Vs Buhari: At The Abuja And Heathrow Airports Respectively (Pictures) / What AIT Refuse To Tell Nigerians And Lagosians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.