Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,130 members, 7,811,193 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:56 AM

Reclaim Company Shares Of Dead Parents - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Reclaim Company Shares Of Dead Parents (1182 Views)

How To Company Shares! / How To Reclaim My Shares, Bonuses And Dividends / Best Company Shares / Stocks In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reclaim Company Shares Of Dead Parents by bigtt76(f): 4:31pm On Oct 15, 2014
Please could someone advise me on how I can go about reclaiming the share holdings of my late parents and subsequently, the unclaimed dividends?

I have a copy of the Will bequeathing on me the said shares. I sincerely appreciate your assistance
Re: Reclaim Company Shares Of Dead Parents by davide470(m): 8:52pm On Oct 15, 2014
bigtt76:
Please could someone advise me on how I can go about reclaiming the share holdings of my late parents and subsequently, the unclaimed dividends?

I have a copy of the Will bequeathing on me the said shares. I sincerely appreciate your assistance
There's something called Share Transmission. It involves going to each registrars of the shares bequeathed with some documents: (Will and the likes) to transmit the shares to you. After then, you can go open an Estate Account with a stockbroking firm and would be advised accordingly.
Re: Reclaim Company Shares Of Dead Parents by destante(f): 10:27pm On Oct 15, 2014
davide470:
There's something called Share Transmission. It involves going to each registrars of the shares bequeathed with some documents: (Will and the likes) to transmit the shares to you. After then, you can go open an Estate Account with a stockbroking firm and would be advised accordingly.
wow I knew of someone that was in the same situation. Not sure he had his way round it sha. The estate account is of what purpose actually?
Re: Reclaim Company Shares Of Dead Parents by davide470(m): 10:32pm On Oct 15, 2014
destante:
wow I knew of someone that was in the same situation. Not sure he had his way round it sha. The estate account is of what purpose actually?
Estate accounts are opened to administrate the 'estate' of a late person. The Administrators can be 1 or more.
Re: Reclaim Company Shares Of Dead Parents by destante(f): 10:37pm On Oct 15, 2014
davide470:
Estate accounts are opened to administrate the 'estate' of a late person. The Administrators can be 1 or more.
oh the estate is connotative. makes sense.
Re: Reclaim Company Shares Of Dead Parents by bigtt76(f): 5:27am On Oct 16, 2014
Thank you for the response.

The shares were owned by my late mother and was administrated (Estate account I guess because it was listed as 'The Est of Name_of_Share_Owner') by my dad who unfortunately is now late too. This was now willed to me. What do you advise I do in this case?

davide470:
Re: Reclaim Company Shares Of Dead Parents by davide470(m): 6:37am On Oct 16, 2014
The Registrars would give you a perfect answer
bigtt76:
Thank you for the response.

The shares were owned by my late mother and was administrated (Estate account I guess because it was listed as 'The Est of Name_of_Share_Owner') by my dad who unfortunately is now late too. This was now willed to me. What do you advise I do in this case?

Re: Reclaim Company Shares Of Dead Parents by oduz: 9:48am On Oct 24, 2014
Consult a stock brocker or Registrars of the concerned company

Best wishes ......... cool

(1) (Reply)

Investment You Can Start With N4500 / About Alliance In Motion Global And What Its Offers / MMM Nigeria Founders Reveal When MMM Will Be Back And Strong

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.