Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,057 members, 7,838,686 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 07:57 AM

Alicia Keys Leads # Bringbackourgirls Protest In New York City - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Alicia Keys Leads # Bringbackourgirls Protest In New York City (553 Views)

Pics:Oby Ezekwesili Leads Bringbackourgirls Team 2 OBJ And Wole Soyinka's Homes / Singer Alicia Keys Leads #bringbackourgirls Rally In NYC (PHOTOS) / Photos: Singer Alicia Keys Leads #bringbackourgirls Rally In NYC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Alicia Keys Leads # Bringbackourgirls Protest In New York City by Titilayodeji13(m): 7:55pm On Oct 15, 2014
To mark the 6th
month of the
Chibok Girls
abduction, singer,
Alicia Keys led a
group of #
BringBackOurGirls protesters and
stormed the Nigerian consulate in
New York on Tuesday.
Carrying different placards and chanting
‘When do we want them? Now! Now!
Alive!’, the protesters raised awareness
about the missing girls, noting that their
story is in danger of being forgotten.
Over 200 schoolgirls had been abducted
by members of the Boko Haram terrorist
group on April 14
and although some of the girls managed to
escape, most of them are still in captivity
and their fates unknown.
Alicia Keys who was also celebrating her
son’s fourth birthday wrote on her
instagram: “On my lil guys birthday I
stand with the mothers of Chibok!!”
The pregnant star was also joined by her
husband, Swizz Beatz.
“Today is my son’s birthday and it is also
making me stand in solidarity with all the
mothers of the Chibok girls who have
been abducted for six months and are still
missing,’ she said.
“It is just outrageous that that’s going on
“Some people have even told me they’ve
heard things about ‘there’s been progress,’
but there hasn’t been progress because the
girls aren’t back.’
“So I think that we get mixed information.
We don’t know, so we just have to keep
being made aware of what’s happening,”
she said.

www.channelstv.com/2014/10/15/alicia-keys-leads-bringbackourgirls-protest-in-new-york-city/
Re: Alicia Keys Leads # Bringbackourgirls Protest In New York City by Nobody: 8:02pm On Oct 15, 2014
that's sweet of u aliyah wink wink wink
Re: Alicia Keys Leads # Bringbackourgirls Protest In New York City by Exoticstan(m): 8:10pm On Oct 15, 2014
It now looks like a singing spree since global music stars are now humming the chorus of a violent story. Good job by her anyway.
www.wisenigerian.com

(1) (Reply)

BREAKING! Boko Haram Negotiates Ceasefire, Chibok Girls Release In S’arabia / APC Presidential Aspirants Lack Vision, Pedigree, To Match Jonathan / BREAKING: House Of Reps Speaker, Tambuwal, Attends APC Meeting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.