Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,329 members, 7,822,582 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:15 PM

PDP Tackles Buhari Over Claims On Electricity, Economy - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Tackles Buhari Over Claims On Electricity, Economy (1272 Views)

PDP Tackles Buhari; Nigeria Is A Step Away From Recession, Stop Foreign Travels! / Patience Jonathan Technically Tackles Buhari's 'no First Lady' Policy / PDP Welcomes Buhari To Presidential Race: Faults His Claims On State Of The Nati (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

PDP Tackles Buhari Over Claims On Electricity, Economy by kurt09(m): 8:13pm On Oct 15, 2014
The Peoples Democratic Party is pleased to welcome to the 2015 presidential contest, a former Head
of State, General Muhammadu
Buhari, who declared his intention today, Wednesday, October 15,
2014. While we congratulate and wish him well in his ambition, we have noted some distortions and misrepresentation of facts in his speech and consequently wish to put the record straight.
According to General Buhari, Nigeria was generating 4000 megawatts of electricity in 1999 but has today fallen short of that capacity under the PDP.
However, the fact remains that as at May 29th 1999 when PDP took office, Nigeria was generating 1600 MWs. We urge Nigerians to fact- check on this. Corroboration of this
figure can also be sought from the World Bank, the IMF and multiple other authoritative sources. In contrast, it is common knowledge that under the
transformative leadership of President Goodluck Jonathan, Nigeria now generates 4,568 MWs of electricity; a triple of what was generated in 1999. Again, General Muhammadu Buhari stated that a growing economy which the PDP inherited in 1999 has been destroyed within 15 years in office. This also does not represent the reality on the ground. The fact which can be verified from the hand-over notes from the military as well as from the World Bank and IMF is that Nigeria was the third largest economy in Africa in 1999, behind South Africa and Egypt. The nation was also rated number 48 in the world, our Foreign Reserve at $3.6 Billion while our foreign debt stood at $36
billion. However, it is incontrovertible that
in the last 15 years of PDP
leadership, especially the last three years of dynamic and purposeful
administration provided by
President Goodluck Jonathan,
Nigeria’s economy has become the
largest in Africa and the 26th largest in the world. Similarly, our
Foreign Reserve is now over $39 billion dollars, and our foreign debts reduced to less than $7 billion from $36 billion.
Besides, General Buhari also told supporters that Nigeria’s
agricultural sector has gone down under the PDP, a statement which
also does not reflect the reality on the ground. Verily, the fact remains that in the last 15 years under the PDP, indeed, the last three years of vigorous application of the
Agricultural Transformation
Agenda, there has been an
unparalleled government input in agriculture, thereby pushing production to an all-time high. Moreover, Nigeria food import has reduced from N1.1 trillion in 2010 to N684 billion. While we understand that the APC is hell-bent on using every opportunity at its disposal to discredit the PDP in quest for political control, we urge their handlers to always cross-check their facts and stop making mockery of respected Nigerians in the mould of General Buhari. Finally, the PDP again welcomes General Buhari into the presidential race and hopes that in the future, he will not allow himself to be further embarrassed in the course of his campaign.
Olisa Metuh
National Publicity Secretary, PDP https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/169579-pdp-tackles-buhari-over-claims-on-electricity-economy.html?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter

7 Likes

Re: PDP Tackles Buhari Over Claims On Electricity, Economy by dat9jaguy(m): 8:30pm On Oct 15, 2014
I thought OBJ cleared our foreign debts ,how come we now have 7bn dollars as foreign debts again? angry

5 Likes

Re: PDP Tackles Buhari Over Claims On Electricity, Economy by Nobody: 8:42pm On Oct 15, 2014

However, the fact remains that as at May 29th 1999
when PDP took office, Nigeria was generating 1600
MWs. In
contrast, it is common knowledge that under the
transformative leadership of President Goodluck
Jonathan, Nigeria now generates 4,568 MWs of
electricity; a triple of what was generated in 1999.
ok does it mean nothing was generated during 8years of Obasanjo's rule? Meaning Jonathan should take all the credit pushing Obasanjo aside?

Olisa. Metuh,please do your mathematics well and stop making a fool of yourself.

4 Likes

Re: PDP Tackles Buhari Over Claims On Electricity, Economy by Greatihex(m): 9:58pm On Oct 15, 2014
God has already choosen whom to lead nigeria. Man can only play along.

1 Like

Re: PDP Tackles Buhari Over Claims On Electricity, Economy by Nobody: 10:21pm On Oct 15, 2014
Aggrieved Peoples Congress, telling lies since 1816

2 Likes

Re: PDP Tackles Buhari Over Claims On Electricity, Economy by Nobody: 10:27pm On Oct 15, 2014
berem:
ok does it mean nothing was generated during 8years of Obasanjo's rule? Meaning Jonathan should take all the credit pushing Obasanjo aside?

Olisa. Metuh,please do your mathematics well and stop making a fool of yourself.

Most of the Power Projects being celebrated by daft Jonathanians were all started by OBJ....Fact!

There is no legacy project you can ascribe to GEJ.......FACT

All have been ongoing

5 Likes

Re: PDP Tackles Buhari Over Claims On Electricity, Economy by Dmano: 10:29pm On Oct 15, 2014
When i saw that lie 4rm buhari i turn off my tv,4000mw b4 1999,haba buhari dont change ur name 2 lai lai

2 Likes

Re: PDP Tackles Buhari Over Claims On Electricity, Economy by FearGodinall: 10:37pm On Oct 15, 2014
berem:

Get your facts right and present for everybody to see than to rain insult.

1 Like

Re: PDP Tackles Buhari Over Claims On Electricity, Economy by macnwaobi2: 10:41pm On Oct 15, 2014
berem:

I think he was refereing to pdp administration,not neccessarly jon or obj

1 Like

Re: PDP Tackles Buhari Over Claims On Electricity, Economy by Nobody: 10:43pm On Oct 15, 2014
macnwaobi2:
I think he was refereing to pdp administration,not neccessarly jon or obj
no he wasn't. Kindly read the part I quoted.
Re: PDP Tackles Buhari Over Claims On Electricity, Economy by Goddex: 10:59pm On Oct 15, 2014
Buhari is a very dull and uninteligent man. He can never be my President. NEVER!!!

3 Likes

Re: PDP Tackles Buhari Over Claims On Electricity, Economy by Sunofgod(m): 11:04pm On Oct 15, 2014
Buhari about to get floored again by GEJ

1 Like

Re: PDP Tackles Buhari Over Claims On Electricity, Economy by Nobody: 11:04pm On Oct 15, 2014
PDP. Lying to Nigerians since 1999
NO lyt since 03:00 hrs in de mrning

1 Like

Re: PDP Tackles Buhari Over Claims On Electricity, Economy by size38: 11:32pm On Oct 15, 2014
Buhari is correct. For over 3 months now we have not seen a flash of light where I stay in Phc.
Re: PDP Tackles Buhari Over Claims On Electricity, Economy by econity(m): 11:33pm On Oct 15, 2014
Dmano:
When i saw that lie 4rm buhari i turn off my tv,4000mw b4 1999,haba buhari dont change ur name 2 lai lai
i will rather stick to d less than 2000mw b4 1999 than this PDP 4000mw on media.
In my whole life as a nigerian i ve not suffered blackout of dis proportion that i ve suffered this year alone. And you are telling me that there is increase.
Re: PDP Tackles Buhari Over Claims On Electricity, Economy by econity(m): 11:35pm On Oct 15, 2014
size38:
Buhari is correct. For over 3 months now we have not seen a flash of light where I stay in Phc.
this year has been the worst.
We no longer paying for light bill. Rather we are now paying for darkness bill.
Re: PDP Tackles Buhari Over Claims On Electricity, Economy by econity(m): 11:39pm On Oct 15, 2014
Goddex:
Buhari is a very dull and uninteligent man. He can never be my President. NEVER!!!
If you're wiser your comment would ve said so. But you're not. Open you eyes and free your mind.
1 Buhari is better than 10 of what you have in mind
Re: PDP Tackles Buhari Over Claims On Electricity, Economy by BekeeBuAgbara: 11:41pm On Oct 15, 2014
Buhari should stop lying

1 Like

Re: PDP Tackles Buhari Over Claims On Electricity, Economy by Jesusloveyou: 12:26am On Oct 16, 2014
Dmano:
btw u and metuh who is now lying.check record,even when obj,yardua and gej were campaigning,they always say,they wil increase it from 4,0
00 to 10,000mw.d only time we have less than 1600,was during niger delta militant era.they always bust gas pipeline.even abacha time,it was more than 2,000mw,before adulsalam increase it to 4,000mw.i enjoy light more than pdp era.food was cheap.d only thing we enjoy now than before is this telecomunication
Re: PDP Tackles Buhari Over Claims On Electricity, Economy by tollu: 12:29am On Oct 16, 2014
We all know PDP can lie for Africa. All their achievements are on paper and not felt by the common man, if you are working and working well, you do not need any "list" to show this. The people will speak for you

1 Like

Re: PDP Tackles Buhari Over Claims On Electricity, Economy by omenka(m): 12:36am On Oct 16, 2014
Is this the reason why the audio got badly messed up during broadcast whenever the name Jonathan/PDP was mentioned

1 Like

Re: PDP Tackles Buhari Over Claims On Electricity, Economy by Caseless: 1:05am On Oct 16, 2014
This is coming frm stuupid people from the stuupid party.
Re: PDP Tackles Buhari Over Claims On Electricity, Economy by Nobody: 1:09am On Oct 16, 2014
Nigeria politicians are magicians,they can make us live in illusion. Don't know whom to believe again.
Re: PDP Tackles Buhari Over Claims On Electricity, Economy by Amanwulu1(m): 6:16am On Oct 16, 2014
berem:

metuh is speaking for pdp here because ur messiah accused pdp's govt frm '99 wit unverified facts(dat's d man u wnt to rule u, tho' not surprised) and not jst gej. Or madam, is metuh no more pdp spokesman?
Re: PDP Tackles Buhari Over Claims On Electricity, Economy by Nobody: 6:41am On Oct 16, 2014
This thread was created first before the one on FP but because of the comments here by Buhari supporters,S.eun decided to ignore this thread which was created first and push the other one to FP.
The dude is so insecure. Smh

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Dr Alex Otti Dumps PDP And Picks APGA Nomination Forms / Aminu Tambuwal File A Suit Against IGP Asking For His Imprisonment / Insulting Kenya's President On Facebook Lands Blogger In Prison

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.