Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,776 members, 7,824,242 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 06:22 AM

Honda Crv - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Honda Crv (3738 Views)

'98 Honda CRV Auto tranny issue / RESOLVED - Transmission Issues: Honda CRV 2002 model / Location Of OBD2 Slot In Honda CRV 1999 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Honda Crv by seriousthing(m): 9:07pm On Oct 15, 2014
fellow nairalanders, I write out of experience. I once owned Honda accord 1993 model, very strong and efficient but the challenge was tie rod pull which is common with almost all Honda cars. ever since, I have always had my eyes on Honda CRV 1998-2000 model but my fear is as mentioned above. now I ask car gurus and experienced owners to comment on this as I intend getting one asap
Re: Honda Crv by mayor2013: 9:15pm On Oct 15, 2014
Go ahead bro. Maintenance culture is the key. Happy purchase
Re: Honda Crv by seriousthing(m): 9:25pm On Oct 15, 2014
mayor2013:
Go ahead bro. Maintenance culture is the key. Happy purchase
thanks a lot mayo. all I needed to know is that if in the history of this car, does such thing as tie rod pull happens with crv
Re: Honda Crv by mayor2013: 10:14pm On Oct 15, 2014
Never heard or experienced such
Re: Honda Crv by ZIMDRILL(m): 12:17am On Oct 16, 2014
seriousthing:
fellow nairalanders, I write out of experience. I once owned Honda accord 1993 model, very strong and efficient but the challenge was tie rod pull which is common with almost all Honda cars. ever since, I have always had my eyes on Honda CRV 1998-2000 model but my fear is as mentioned above. now I ask car gurus and experienced owners to comment on this as I intend getting one asap

tie rod pull what is that ?

you mean pulling to one side ?

tire rod end only needs alignment to make the car straight

what sort of problem where you having on your honda accord
Re: Honda Crv by seriousthing(m): 7:57am On Oct 16, 2014
ZIMDRILL:

tie rod pull what is that ?

you mean pulling to one side ?

tire rod end only needs alignment to make the car straight

what sort of problem where you having on your honda accord
I mean a situation where tire pulls out from its sitting. especially the front tire. sometimes u will find many Honda cars whose front tire pulled out from its sitting on the centre of the road
Re: Honda Crv by ZIMDRILL(m): 10:09am On Oct 16, 2014
seriousthing:

I mean a situation where tire pulls out from its sitting. especially the front tire. sometimes u will find many Honda cars whose front tire pulled out from its sitting on the centre of the road

i dont get what you are saying

but the tie rod end is that one which is set to make your car drive striaght, if not set correct the car would either pull left or right

which means the car requires wheel alignment
Re: Honda Crv by Ikenna351(m): 10:18am On Oct 16, 2014
ZIMDRILL:

i dont get what you are saying

but the tie rod end is that one which is set to make your car drive striaght, if not set correct the car would either pull left or right

which means the car requires wheel alignment

ZIMDRILL, stop it already. cheesy

Ikenna
Re: Honda Crv by Ikenna351(m): 10:21am On Oct 16, 2014
Seriousthing,

I have never seen a Honda CRV with front swivel/ball joint pull.

But then, they suffer rear K-leg a lot. You can actually count that C-RV model without K-Leg on our roads.

Ikenna
Re: Honda Crv by seriousthing(m): 3:02pm On Oct 16, 2014
Ikenna351:
Seriousthing,

I have never seen a Honda CRV with front swivel/ball joint pull.

But then, they suffer rear K-leg a lot. You can actually count that C-RV model without K-Leg on our roads.

Ikenna
thanks Ikenna, I really appreciate ur contribution to this thread. but what is the possible solution to the rear k-leg issues or is there any model without such problems.
Re: Honda Crv by mayor2013: 3:36pm On Oct 16, 2014
seriousthing:

thanks Ikenna, I really appreciate ur contribution to this thread. but what is the possible solution to the rear k-leg issues or is there any model without such problems.

Most times the arms are always bent as a result of bad roads in Nigeria. Like I said your maintenance culture would determine all this
Re: Honda Crv by seriousthing(m): 4:23pm On Oct 16, 2014
mayor2013:

Most times the arms are always bent as a result of bad roads in Nigeria. Like I said your maintenance culture would determine all this
thanks mayor, u be the man wey sabi

(1) (Reply)

How Reliable Is Chrysler 300? / The Untapped Business Of Car Parking Lots In Lagos / If You Could Have Any 3 Cars, Which Would They Be And Why?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.