Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,887 members, 7,817,613 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:31 PM

“PDP 2015 Presidential Candidate Should Be A Northerner” – Obasanjo Against Jona - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / “PDP 2015 Presidential Candidate Should Be A Northerner” – Obasanjo Against Jona (967 Views)

How Fani-kayode Defended Obasanjo Against Jonathan 14 Months Ago (see Photo) / Bode George, Kashamu Warn Obasanjo Against Attacking Jonathan / PDP - 2015 Is Not Part Of Our Agenda Yet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

“PDP 2015 Presidential Candidate Should Be A Northerner” – Obasanjo Against Jona by Nobody: 9:09pm On Oct 15, 2014
Obasanjo Believes A Northerner Should Be Nigeria’s Next President,
Jonathan Breaks 2011 Agreement With Him Ex-President Obasanjo had a lengthy discussion with Journalists yesterday
in Abeokuta Ogun State over his stand with People Democratic Party and
his disagreement with alleged criminal, Buruji Kashamu’s membership in
the ruling party. Obasanjo who claimed PDP should have disallowed Buruji’s membership
also blasts Jonathan for running for reelection. He said his agreement with Jonathan in 2011 was that a Northerner
should be allowed to contest in 2015. Read Obasanjo’s full press statement below: “My interest and commitment to Nigeria go beyond partisan politics. Under
no condition will my commitment to Nigeria be diminished.” “For me, it is commitment to Nigeria first and any other commitment can
only follow in second or third place. Where any other commitment is in
tandem with what I see and understand as commitment to Nigeria, such
other commitment will share a pride of place with Nigeria.” “Today, Nigeria needs all hands on deck to deal with our pressing problems
of security including the issue of Chibok girls, widening inequality,
infrastructure, impunity, corruption, poverty and youth education, skill-
acquisition, empowerment and employment. “These are issues of concern to most Nigerians. We all need to join hands to
move Nigeria forward. I don’t need to be begged for that.” “Talking of inviting me back to PDP is wrong and it is a great
misrepresentation as I have never left PDP and I will never leave PDP.” “I have said it before and I will say it again, I rose to become the President of
Nigeria on the platform of PDP and for that reason alone, I will remain a
card-carrying and ward-active member of PDP for as long as I have to be a
political party member.” “Nobody has personally offended me as a result of my membership of PDP. If,
however, anybody or group feels offended by my continued membership, I
will offer an unreserved apology but continue to remain in the party. “I have had occasions to say to the President, the Senate President and the
Party Chairman separately that I have no quarrel with any individual or
group in the Party.” My refusal to play an active role in the PDP, is an issue of principle and
morality. “For instance, as a former President of Nigeria, the Chairman of West Africa
Commission on Drug and a member of Global Commission on Drug, I cannot
accept that the Zonal leader of my political Party and, worse still in my zone,
will be an indicted drug baron wanted in America. How do I explain that to
friends outside Nigeria?” he said in reference to Buruji Kashamu, a PDP South
West leader and ally of President Goodluck Jonathan. “This is only one of the many issues that I have pointed and still pointing
out,” he said. He promises to remain active in PDP ONLY at ward level. In a letter published earlier by Premium Times, Obasanjo had said by
deciding to seek re-election, Mr. Jonathan was going against all the agreements they had in 2011 when Mr. Obasanjo was the president’s chief
campaigner across the country. The ex-president believes by his agreement with Jonathan back in 2011,
the Presidential ticket for 2015 should go to a northerner.

Re: “PDP 2015 Presidential Candidate Should Be A Northerner” – Obasanjo Against Jona by adonbilivit: 9:10pm On Oct 15, 2014
source or...my moniker
Re: “PDP 2015 Presidential Candidate Should Be A Northerner” – Obasanjo Against Jona by Nobody: 9:19pm On Oct 15, 2014
Mtscheeww
Re: “PDP 2015 Presidential Candidate Should Be A Northerner” – Obasanjo Against Jona by drajjay: 9:28pm On Oct 15, 2014
nonsense does it matter

!

(1) (Reply)

History Of Fuel Price Increases In Nigeria / One Mistake Buhari Will Make Again / Patience Jonathan Distributes Expired Rice, Teargasses Bayelsa Women In MDG Scam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.