Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,167 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:04 AM

Breaking News: Keshi Sacked, Amodu To Take Over - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Breaking News: Keshi Sacked, Amodu To Take Over (1571 Views)

Keshi Sacked By NFF / Taye Taiwo Explains Why He Wants Stephen Keshi Sacked / Breaking News: Keshi Named Se's Coach (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Breaking News: Keshi Sacked, Amodu To Take Over by tomsniel(m): 6:00am On Oct 16, 2014
In many ways we all say this one coming.
Stephen Keshi, the coach of the super eagles
has been sacked by the NFF with Amodu
Shuaibu to take over from him for the final 2
games of the African Nations Cup qualifier.
This comes just after the super eagles won a
qualifying game against Sudan, 3-1 in Abuja.
Prior to that, Nigeria had struggled in the
qualifying stages losing to Congo, and
Sudan, and earning a draw in South Africa in
their first 3 games. A total of 1 out of 9
points during that stretch.
According to a report by sports analyst,
Colins Udoh
The decision was among others
announced by the NFF Executive
Committee after a meeting in Abuja on
Wednesday night ‘in the interest of
Nigerian football and the desire to
ensure qualification for the 2015 Africa
Cup of Nations finals’.
Keshi’s technical and backroom staff
were also fired along with him. In their
place, Salisu Yusuf, Gbenga Ogunbote
and Alloy Agu will join Amodu for the
final two games of the qualifying series.
Nigerians have been divided over the
performance of the coach with some
thinking he deserves to stay on, and others
believing he’s tactically not on par with the
world class coaches. But after winning the
nations cup, and getting to the round of 16
in the World Cup, it’s hard to argue against
his achievements. What are your thoughts
on this?
Should Stephen Keshi Have Been Fired?
Re: Breaking News: Keshi Sacked, Amodu To Take Over by orobs93(m): 6:07am On Oct 16, 2014
But it can't be AMODU of all people...

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: Keshi Sacked, Amodu To Take Over by tomsniel(m): 6:08am On Oct 16, 2014
Na so we see am o.
Recycling coaches since forever

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: Keshi Sacked, Amodu To Take Over by Nobody: 6:15am On Oct 16, 2014
Funnny news!
Re: Breaking News: Keshi Sacked, Amodu To Take Over by naturally: 6:17am On Oct 16, 2014
OK o, we hope its for the better
Re: Breaking News: Keshi Sacked, Amodu To Take Over by dkronicle(m): 6:17am On Oct 16, 2014
choi. First of all, i never drink the zobo o. Lemme konfam
Re: Breaking News: Keshi Sacked, Amodu To Take Over by Rockstar07: 6:22am On Oct 16, 2014
Nigeria and their inconstencies Nawa o shocked shocked shocked shocked

Mods: Honoric01 and Semid4life FP things. Do the needful.
Re: Breaking News: Keshi Sacked, Amodu To Take Over by Raiders: 6:23am On Oct 16, 2014
Sad news for Nigeria football
Re: Breaking News: Keshi Sacked, Amodu To Take Over by fingard02k(m): 6:24am On Oct 16, 2014
NFF one step forward (Sacking keshi) then 10 steps backward (Appointing amodu)
Re: Breaking News: Keshi Sacked, Amodu To Take Over by Kingjames(m): 6:25am On Oct 16, 2014
Keshi brought this to himself, we all saw it coming now he can't beef or blame players for his woes.
But Amodu?... is he the desirable or just the available.
Re: Breaking News: Keshi Sacked, Amodu To Take Over by seankafor(m): 6:34am On Oct 16, 2014
Watching in 12d
Re: Breaking News: Keshi Sacked, Amodu To Take Over by ratiken(m): 6:35am On Oct 16, 2014
Ok.... You all wanted him out. Now deal with Amodu Shuaibu.
One move forward, three backward
Re: Breaking News: Keshi Sacked, Amodu To Take Over by arsetalks(m): 6:39am On Oct 16, 2014
To me sacking Keshi is good but replacing him with Amodu is madness. What exactly does Amodu know? Which club(s) has he coached in the last 7 years, what course has he attended?

They simply gave the job to someone they can order around.

I see no reason why they didn't give the job tto Sunday Oliseh or Saisai ( we all know they made a mistake sacking Saisai in the first place anyway).

Amodu? Very stupid move.
Re: Breaking News: Keshi Sacked, Amodu To Take Over by pat077: 6:44am On Oct 16, 2014
Re: Breaking News: Keshi Sacked, Amodu To Take Over by onatisi(m): 6:46am On Oct 16, 2014
Nigerian leaders ,they are either taking the wrong step at the right time or taking the right step at the wrong time . Keshi shouldn't be sacked at this crucial stage ,they should have allowed him to complete the mess he started . Even if nigeria doesn't qualify we can't use the time to get a new coach and start making preparations towards 2018 world cup. Now amodu will come in with his own methods and players and the players will need time to adjust and so many other complications will crop up.
Re: Breaking News: Keshi Sacked, Amodu To Take Over by martin123: 6:47am On Oct 16, 2014
I saw this coming
Re: Breaking News: Keshi Sacked, Amodu To Take Over by Nobody: 6:48am On Oct 16, 2014
sweet..let the proud man go and look for a job somewhere else...i pity whoever would employ him.
Re: Breaking News: Keshi Sacked, Amodu To Take Over by Raiders: 6:52am On Oct 16, 2014
arsetalks:
To me sacking Keshi is good but replacing him with Amodu is madness. What exactly does Amodu know? Which club(s) has he coached in the last 7 years, what course has he attended?

I see no reason why they didn't give the job tto Sunday Oliseh or Saisai ( we all know they made a mistake sacking Saisai in the first place anyway).

Amodu? Very stupid move.
Sunday Oliseh has no experience as a coach. While siasia is a failure as a SE coach he should remain as U23 coach. Keshi should not have been sacked he is the most successive Nigerian coach and should be allowed to keep his Job till after the qualifications
Re: Breaking News: Keshi Sacked, Amodu To Take Over by Soreza(m): 6:55am On Oct 16, 2014
WHAT A PITY,THIS MAN WANTED TO LEAVE BEFORE NOW honourably BUT THE FG(JONATHAN,DAVID MARK,SPORT MINISTER BEGGED HIM TO STAY,ON 3 occasions NOW THE DUDE IS SACKED WITH SHAME AND THE GOVERNMENT lipsrsealed,SORRY TO KESHI THOUGH,(MORAL LESSONS)fellow your will even if people use any means to draw you from it.
Re: Breaking News: Keshi Sacked, Amodu To Take Over by Nobody: 7:01am On Oct 16, 2014
Same Shuaibu Amodu shocked shocked
Chisos.
Re: Breaking News: Keshi Sacked, Amodu To Take Over by fnep2smooth(m): 7:02am On Oct 16, 2014
Soreza:
WHAT A PITY,THIS MAN WANTED TO LEAVE BEFORE NOW honourably BUT THE FG(JONATHAN,DAVID MARK,SPORT MINISTER BEGGED HIM TO STAY,ON 3 occasions NOW THE DUDE IS SACKED WITH SHAME AND THE GOVERNMENT lipsrsealed,SORRY TO KESHI THOUGH,(MORAL LESSONS)fellow your will even if people use any means to draw you from it.
must u call Jonathan.. or do you think this politics
Re: Breaking News: Keshi Sacked, Amodu To Take Over by rawpadgin(m): 7:03am On Oct 16, 2014
arsetalks:

Amodu? Very stupid move.
its on interim bases, a foreign coach will be appointed after the nations cup
Re: Breaking News: Keshi Sacked, Amodu To Take Over by arsetalks(m): 7:05am On Oct 16, 2014
Raiders:
Sunday Oliseh has no experience as a coach. While siasia is a failure as a SE coach he should remain as U23 coach. Keshi should not have been sacked he is the most successive Nigerian coach and should be allowed to keep his Job till after the qualifications
Successful? Cos he won us Afcon? That exactly is the reason he remained on the job for so long.

Do you bother to check his win rate? It was Piss poor. He won AFCON due to the players' strong WILL. I challenge you to check his records since after winning the AFCON.
Re: Breaking News: Keshi Sacked, Amodu To Take Over by arsetalks(m): 7:07am On Oct 16, 2014
rawpadgin:
its on interim bases, a foreign coach will be appointed after the nations cup
Why not start the building process now? Why wait this long to sack Keshi and then wait again before a better coach is brought in?
Re: Breaking News: Keshi Sacked, Amodu To Take Over by mummyson26(m): 7:07am On Oct 16, 2014
Booked
Re: Breaking News: Keshi Sacked, Amodu To Take Over by ukgreat(m): 7:10am On Oct 16, 2014
heard from a top nff official that they want to hire DAVID MOYES
Re: Breaking News: Keshi Sacked, Amodu To Take Over by Nobody: 7:13am On Oct 16, 2014
JcT
Re: Breaking News: Keshi Sacked, Amodu To Take Over by Raiders: 7:15am On Oct 16, 2014
arsetalks:
Successful? Cos he won us Afcon? That exactly is the reason he remained on the job for so long.

Do you bother to check his win rate? It was Piss poor. He won AFCON due to the players' strong WILL. I challenge you to check his records since after winning the AFCON.
what you want him to win the world cup before you think he is good? He helped us to win the nations cup after Amodu and siasia failed to win the cup. Keshi is one of the best Africa coach. He is the only African to qualify 2 different teams to the world cup, the only African coach to qualify a team to the round of 16 in a world cup. His overall record since he took over his not bad. I blame the NFF for his poor record after the world cup because they failed to support him. Would you perform well in your job if your boss refuse to pay you for over 4 months and offer you no contract. I wish keshi the best and I know we would regret sacking him because I wont be surprise if we don't win any cup for another 20 yrs.
Re: Breaking News: Keshi Sacked, Amodu To Take Over by ednut1(m): 7:26am On Oct 16, 2014
ivory coast abeg hire keshi nd show Nigeria pepper later
Re: Breaking News: Keshi Sacked, Amodu To Take Over by mpowa(m): 7:36am On Oct 16, 2014
Keshi's sack, a welcome development but the replacement is not acceptable, we can do better than that.

(1) (Reply)

Predict And Win A Free Air Time (N500 Credit) – Manchester United Vs Chelsea FC / Mikel Is Very Lazy_______ Joe Cole / Who Want To Become An Agent With Parknbet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.