Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,748 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:59 PM

These Items Are Urgently Needed,cash Ready Asap! - Technology Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / These Items Are Urgently Needed,cash Ready Asap! (1134 Views)

Fairly Used Locked Iphone 4 Needed Cash Is Ready / These Items Are For Sale In Delta / . (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

These Items Are Urgently Needed,cash Ready Asap! by zylkenny(m): 1:14pm On Nov 13, 2008
I had an accident and my pocket pc batteries and charger got damaged in the process.Problem is,a good number of my documents are in it,and these batteries are not sold here in nigeria but they are redily available on the internet.
PLEASE TO ALL NAIRALANDERS ABROAD, could you help me get these items?And maybe give them to someone you know who`s coming into the country?I pay for them when i go to pick them up
It`s a hp jornada 928 pda and it uses both internal and external batteries
Thanks as i anticipate your replies

Re: These Items Are Urgently Needed,cash Ready Asap! by brume2020: 1:41pm On Nov 13, 2008
Hi there zyl_kenny,

I feel your pain. I just suffered a 2-3 week period without the data on my desktop hard drive - insane I tell ya.

I (or anyone else so inclined) will be only too glad to help you.

Can you identify the battery -i.e. part number(s) of the items you posted etc. this will help to disambiguate your request.

If you do that then I can help you identify where its at and offer you a quote.

regards,

Brume
Re: These Items Are Urgently Needed,cash Ready Asap! by zukkymike(m): 3:03pm On Nov 13, 2008
have u tried fixing it here in nigeria? I bet you these guys can fix it if you meet the right one.

Good luck!
Re: These Items Are Urgently Needed,cash Ready Asap! by zylkenny(m): 6:45pm On Nov 13, 2008
brume2020:

Hi there zyl_kenny,

I feel your pain. I just suffered a 2-3 week period without the data on my desktop hard drive - insane I tell ya.

I (or anyone else so inclined) will be only too glad to help you.

Can you identify the battery -i.e. part number(s) of the items you posted etc. this will help to disambiguate your request.

If you do that then I can help you identify where its at and offer you a quote.

regards,

Brume

thanks a lot
battery external  part number F2937A
battery internal part number   F1266A
the charger and sync chord have various versions built by different manufacturers.As long as they work,i`m game.But the official one that came with it has the part number F2922A

zukkymike:

have u tried fixing it here in nigeria? I bet you these guys can fix it if you meet the right one.

Good luck!

Yeah.I`ve tried all the places i know but they just don`t have it here in nigeria.I know a couple of websites that have these items but they won`t ship to nigeria.Please,any help will be highly appreciated
Re: These Items Are Urgently Needed,cash Ready Asap! by brume2020: 7:18pm On Nov 13, 2008
Hi there,

Simply post the URLs with prices from the websites you have found so you can attract multiple offers/quotes from any interested suppliers (like me - I am shipping out of the US from reputable retailers like Amazon) and you can choose from whichever you like best.

peace,

Brume
Re: These Items Are Urgently Needed,cash Ready Asap! by brume2020: 7:37pm On Nov 13, 2008
Note that some of these sites have only "replacement" batteries and not the original. More often than not this is not an option. always best to go with the original. Anyhow I will see what I can find but if you already have results, please post them here.

peace,

Brume
Re: These Items Are Urgently Needed,cash Ready Asap! by brume2020: 8:29pm On Nov 13, 2008
Those parts are no longer available in the HP parts store since the product has been discontinued. And I did not turn up any sources for the original HP parts - perhaps I havent looked well enough. Post the links to online sources you have found ,
Re: These Items Are Urgently Needed,cash Ready Asap! by zylkenny(m): 10:09am On Nov 14, 2008
True enough,the original parts for these items are scarce,but i wouldn`t mind going for the replacement parts as long as they are working.If you find the original ones though,it`ll be better.Here are some sites that have the replacement parts.They`re easily found when you "google" it

http://www.shopping.com/xPO-Hewlett-Packard-DekCell-Battery-for-HP-Jornada-820-920-928-Pocket-PC

http://www.brilliantstore.com/hp_pda_batteries_dekcell_bpa_210.html

http://www.m-99.co.uk/hp-jornada-928.html

Thanks as i anticipate your help in this regard
Re: These Items Are Urgently Needed,cash Ready Asap! by brume2020: 10:47am On Nov 14, 2008
Hi zyl_kenny,

There are 2 issues here :-

1. Replacement or compatible batteries are a very high risk purchase. In all likelihood they will not work and if at all they work they will only work reliably  for a very short period of time. At least that has been the repeated experience of a lot of people with these batteries.  I am sorry but I am not willing to accept the risk the batteries will fail

2. These are relatively unknown suppliers (to me that is ). For safety and financial security I only purchase items directly  from major online retailers and will only make the exception under the right circumstances to buy from a suspect or relatively smaller store after spending some time doing  due diligence -  to see what other customers are saying about them. This is very important in situations where there is something wrong with the item purchased. Unfortunately in this case the verdict will still be out on the jury until you receive the item in Nigeria 3-4 weeks later at which time there will be limited recourse for recovery.

Here is an example review for a merchant on www.shopping.com

http://www.xomreviews.com/shopping.com

For Merchants - Worst Customer Service on the Planet
Awful. Absolutely the worst customer service available. How these people can sleep at night taking money from merchants is beyond me. No phone number to call. Emails rarely get answered and if they do it's 2-3-4 days later. Expensive. We got tired of them and their arrogance and canceled. Shopzilla is much better and responds to calls and emails.

Posted By: Average_Joe (66.41.0.×××), on Wednesday, August 27, 2008

My point is that there is a high risk that you will not be satisfied with your purchase and that will not bode well in general,

regards,

Brume
Re: These Items Are Urgently Needed,cash Ready Asap! by brume2020: 9:32pm On Nov 14, 2008
Do you think you can find anyone else who has a similar device so you can borrow their power module/batteries long enough to recover your important data?. I dont think the compatible or replacement batteries are worth the risk.
Re: These Items Are Urgently Needed,cash Ready Asap! by zylkenny(m): 4:09pm On Nov 17, 2008
yeah u`re right.i just dunno what to do anymore.Worst still,i can`t find anyone with similar devices that i can use. embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: These Items Are Urgently Needed,cash Ready Asap! by brume2020: 5:54pm On Nov 17, 2008
I am sorry I have been unable to provide a definite solution but I thought trying the non original batteries may be fraught with disappointment. Perhaps someone on nairaland might have this type of device? How about the store you purchased it from? Is there a chance they can hook you up with someone else who has it?
Re: These Items Are Urgently Needed,cash Ready Asap! by zylkenny(m): 3:31pm On Nov 18, 2008
It was given to me as a gift.Well,i guess i have to make do with my loss and get a new pocket pc.

(1) (Reply)

Bb Tour For 24k / Ipad 3g+ Wifi 64gb For Sale! / Spy Gadgets

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.