Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,626 members, 7,813,058 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:57 AM

NUC Shuts Down Nine Fake Universities - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NUC Shuts Down Nine Fake Universities (46754 Views)

El-Rufai Shuts Down 2 Churches, Seminary, Church Hospital / TAN Shuts Down Lagos For Jonathan (photos) / Fake Universities Busted In Lagos. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

NUC Shuts Down Nine Fake Universities by Sirniyeh(m): 7:29pm On Oct 17, 2014
www.aitonline.tv/post-nuc_shuts_down_nine_universities_over_illegal_licence

The National Universities Commission, NUC, has shut
down nine universities in Nigeria for operating without legal licenses. The publication of the affected institutions was published in the NUC weekly bulletin.
Report says the Prof. Julius Okojie, the NUC’s executive secretary, signed the publication. He stated that the universities have been in existence for years and have just being extorting money from students who were given fake certificates.

The listed universities are those affected;
National University of Nigeria, Keffi (Nasarawa State); North Central University, Otukpo (Benue State); Christ Alive Christian Seminary and University, (Enugu
Richmond Open University, Arochukwu (Abia State)
Saint Clements University, Iyin Ekiti (Ekiti State)
West Coast University, Umuahia,
Volta University College, Aba, (Abia State) and
the satellite campuses of Ambrose Ali University.

The publication also reveal that: “In addition to the
closure, the following `Degree Mills’ are currently
undergoing court actions; the purpose of these actions is to prosecute the proprietors and recover illegal fees and charges on subscribers.

“For the avoidance of doubt, anybody who patronizes or obtains any certificate from any of these illegal
institutions does so at his or her own risk. “Certificates obtained from these sources will not be
recognized for the purposes of NYSC, employment and further studies.”

NUC also persuaded Nigerians to disconnect themselves from the institutions and their certificates. While some are being closed, new private universities have been recommended to the president for approval.

NUC also stated that they are considering introduction of a pre-Doctoral Programme in the postgraduate studies in Nigerian universities. This was said while Prof Okojie was at an interactive session with Education Correspondents Association of Nigeria (ECAN).

He explained that the universities listed on the proposal sent to the president through the Mallam Ibrahim Shekarau, Minister of Education have all being approved by NUC but would also receive the input and approval of the Federal Executive Council (FEC).

He said access to university education has been a
challenge in the country with over one million Nigerians, who were, on annual basis, unable to gain admission into the limited tertiary institutions because of low carrying capacity.

The executive secretary of NUC has said, that NUC is
considering the introduction of pre- Ph.D. programme in Nigerian universities based on the recommendation of some of the vice chancellors.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NUC Shuts Down Nine Fake Universities by Help4rmme2u(m): 7:35pm On Oct 17, 2014
Hello Nigerians, I am korkus, and I am begging with tears in ma eye I have been Nominated for best upcoming News and Entertainment blog in Nigeria, please help like my pages below, cos I need your likes to win it, God bless ya all. like us on facebook » http:///1tyXp1u
Gossips and Entertainment news at your finger tips, Don't miss the Next!
Also follow us on twitter» http:///1od2N8p

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NUC Shuts Down Nine Fake Universities by BenGlobal1(m): 7:35pm On Oct 17, 2014
Naxo
Re: NUC Shuts Down Nine Fake Universities by finsulyman: 7:35pm On Oct 17, 2014
Black market universities for the poor kids of our ogas

2 Likes

Re: NUC Shuts Down Nine Fake Universities by Nobody: 7:35pm On Oct 17, 2014
Is this the first time I'm reading this thread on Nairaland? undecided BTW, e sha no affect UNILORIN grin cheesy cool

2 Likes 1 Share

What? Let them learn their lessons.

PS: BREAKING: Keshi remains the coach of the super eagles. Full story Here

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NUC Shuts Down Nine Fake Universities by jjwaterfalls(f): 7:35pm On Oct 17, 2014
West coast university

Anyway I feel for all those who hav spent their life savings thinking dey were in skool. I can imagine the frustrtion. sad

3 Likes

Re: NUC Shuts Down Nine Fake Universities by danaiks(m): 7:35pm On Oct 17, 2014
But I pity does undergraduates ooo...especially the ones in final year already.

Chai.. Satan punish Devil!!

2 Likes

Re: NUC Shuts Down Nine Fake Universities by klem93(m): 7:35pm On Oct 17, 2014
Uhmmm is d answer www..com
Re: NUC Shuts Down Nine Fake Universities by Ovialekhe(f): 7:35pm On Oct 17, 2014
serves them right.
See wetin jamb dey do

1 Like

Re: NUC Shuts Down Nine Fake Universities by iceberylin(m): 7:35pm On Oct 17, 2014
I know someone įş dįęįŋg ţo ђāvę ţђįş şpāçę grin

bųţ ām ŋoţ şęllįŋg tongue

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NUC Shuts Down Nine Fake Universities by sirjohnson(m): 7:36pm On Oct 17, 2014
Very good, nice move.

PS: Nigerian Defence releases offial statement as regards the ceasefire. See it Here
Re: NUC Shuts Down Nine Fake Universities by pabon(m): 7:36pm On Oct 17, 2014
Coming ooo
Re: NUC Shuts Down Nine Fake Universities by Nobody: 7:36pm On Oct 17, 2014
Am I on front page?
1st time in history, on my uncle's bachelor's night, I made front page. Thought I was smart in typing until I saw posts of smarter nairalanders ahead of me. Thanks to empty hen's 3G, if I was still on EDGE, I don't think I'll smell front page.
My journey to fp wasn't easy at all, that's y I'm too sure that my best days in life are ahead, though it tarries, it MUST surely come to pass. Amen!

Good work NUC!!!

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: NUC Shuts Down Nine Fake Universities by ClintonNzedimma(m): 7:36pm On Oct 17, 2014
keyzid:
is that the size of your brain?

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NUC Shuts Down Nine Fake Universities by deebsman1(m): 7:36pm On Oct 17, 2014
Good 1

1 Like

Re: NUC Shuts Down Nine Fake Universities by akpanikpe(m): 7:36pm On Oct 17, 2014
Make I book space de watch lipsrsealed
Re: NUC Shuts Down Nine Fake Universities by Decapo: 7:36pm On Oct 17, 2014
Hear d names sef
Re: NUC Shuts Down Nine Fake Universities by austinbrown: 7:36pm On Oct 17, 2014
Yes ma nigga
Re: NUC Shuts Down Nine Fake Universities by Desdola(m): 7:36pm On Oct 17, 2014
A step in the nice direction
Re: NUC Shuts Down Nine Fake Universities by bunmioguns(m): 7:37pm On Oct 17, 2014
Nawa o
Re: NUC Shuts Down Nine Fake Universities by tiamiyukunle69(m): 7:37pm On Oct 17, 2014
It makes sense anyways. But that of Raymond Open University, Arochukwu is very funny to me cos it's just a single building infact I was even thinking they are still planning to expand not knowing it's illegal. Who go blame them?? Na survival of the fittest for this our Naija where everybody wan get degree by fire by force.

1 Like

Re: NUC Shuts Down Nine Fake Universities by firstolalekan(m): 7:37pm On Oct 17, 2014
AND SOMEBODY SAID COVENANT UNIVERSITY IS INCLUDED...
THAT GLORIFIED SEC SCH.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NUC Shuts Down Nine Fake Universities by dacoolvik: 7:37pm On Oct 17, 2014
So people can pay so much to attend these quack schools? I just wonder what the fate of graduated of such schools will be
Re: NUC Shuts Down Nine Fake Universities by lilprinze: 7:37pm On Oct 17, 2014
I pity all the finial year students in those universities who have spent their money, quality time reading and attending those schools

2 Likes

Re: NUC Shuts Down Nine Fake Universities by OgidiOlu3(m): 7:38pm On Oct 17, 2014
I've never even heard of most of the universities on that list before. Na so students plenty for Naija ni shocked

1 Like

Re: NUC Shuts Down Nine Fake Universities by Nobody: 7:38pm On Oct 17, 2014
^^^See dem space bookers above me. angry angry angry
Re: NUC Shuts Down Nine Fake Universities by Nobody: 7:38pm On Oct 17, 2014
The names of the schools sound like secondary school sef. undecided

3 Likes

Re: NUC Shuts Down Nine Fake Universities by BE811APP: 7:38pm On Oct 17, 2014
I dey here... Kampe
Re: NUC Shuts Down Nine Fake Universities by kr0ne(m): 7:38pm On Oct 17, 2014
They have to shut LASU too! Smh

1 Like

Re: NUC Shuts Down Nine Fake Universities by emmymdk: 7:39pm On Oct 17, 2014
Have not even heard those names before...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ile Ife Crisis: Security Operatives Commence Evacuation Of Hausas -channelsTv / EFCC Declares Fubara Siminayi And 58 Athers Wanted For ₦435 Billion Fraud / Photos Of Wike And Ikpeazu On Vacation In Turkey

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.