Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,009 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:50 AM

Asian Students Create Battery That Charges For 15 Minutes But Lasts For 20 Years - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Asian Students Create Battery That Charges For 15 Minutes But Lasts For 20 Years (2488 Views)

Check Your HIV Status With Any Smartphone In Just 15 Minutes!!! / Indian Students Create Fully Featured Smart Watch Named ‘androidly’ / SpareOne-Plus: Phone With A Battery That Lasts 15 Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Asian Students Create Battery That Charges For 15 Minutes But Lasts For 20 Years by matrixx9(m): 10:32pm On Oct 17, 2014
This really sounds unbelievable but it's quite true.
Charging your phone battery can be inconvenient
and take awhile , but what if you could get a proper
power refueling in just a few minutes? Scientists at
the Nanyang Technological University in Singapore
say they developed a lithium-ion battery that can
go from zero to 70% power capacity in two minutes.
Lithium-ion batteries are commonly used in phones
and tablets. Perhaps even more importantly, the
battery lasts much longer than the ones we have
now, an attribute that could boost the electric car
industry, developers said. The new battery is
supposed to last for 10,000 cycles, a lifespan
estimated at two decades and more than 10 times
longer than what we're used to. In contrast, Apple
says its phone batteries are designed to "retain up to
80% of its original capacity at 500 complete charge
cycles." Generally, the more you recharge a battery,
the more it loses its luster over time. The breakthrough
here is with the battery's anode or negative pole,
which traditionally works with graphite. The
graphite is replaced with a newly developed gel
made from an "abundant, cheap and safe" material
called titanium dioxide that's found in soil. It's also
an active ingredient in sunscreen . The researchers
were able to morph the spherically- shaped titanium
dioxide into tubular strands that are 1,000-times
thinner than a human hair. The gel speeds up
reactions taking place inside the new battery,
propelling the hyper-fast recharging. The researchers
think the battery's most important impact will be on
the electric car industry . Potential adopters can be
turned off by the long recharge times and shorter
battery lifespans for electric vehicles. With this
battery, however, recharging your car — timewise —
wouldn't be so far off from filling up a tank a gas. It
should take about five minutes to give you enough
power to get back on the road and 15 minutes for a
full charge, the researchers said in a statement .
Replacement batteries for electric cars are costly , too,
with some priced at more than $5,000. Another
benefit is that it would cut down on waste resulting
from battery disposals. When talking about
"breakthroughs" for battery technology, expectations
can be very high. Don't treat this as consumer reality
just yet, but it's good to know that scientists are
trying to make batteries more efficient. Developers
expect the new batteries to hit the market in the next
two years.
Source: http://..com/2014/10/apple-creates-battery-that-charges-for.html
Re: Asian Students Create Battery That Charges For 15 Minutes But Lasts For 20 Years by politricks: 10:40pm On Oct 17, 2014
Hope This battery no go dey use our blood work because i no believe all the thing wey them write there
Re: Asian Students Create Battery That Charges For 15 Minutes But Lasts For 20 Years by sweettease(f): 10:48pm On Oct 17, 2014
Apple again! Wit their overpriced gadgets! Even though I'm not a techno fan, I wish they can pull this off undecided

1 Like

Re: Asian Students Create Battery That Charges For 15 Minutes But Lasts For 20 Years by Rapsainot(m): 10:54pm On Oct 17, 2014
Ifa hear, even with video or pishure... Adonbilivit

2 Likes

Re: Asian Students Create Battery That Charges For 15 Minutes But Lasts For 20 Years by Nobody: 11:56pm On Oct 17, 2014
Is there no battery for humans yet?

1 Like

Re: Asian Students Create Battery That Charges For 15 Minutes But Lasts For 20 Years by BAYKEM(m): 12:10am On Oct 18, 2014
CLICK AND GLANCE THROUGH THIS IN A
MINUTE . YOU WILL SURELY NEED IT FOR YOUR
DEVICE.
https://www.nairaland.com/1951566/cheapest-mtn-
data-subscription#27228509
Re: Asian Students Create Battery That Charges For 15 Minutes But Lasts For 20 Years by Nobody: 12:12am On Oct 18, 2014
I want to see a video of it lasting for 20years, the video must be upto 20years in duration angry me and my grandpa go watch am angry

3 Likes

Re: Asian Students Create Battery That Charges For 15 Minutes But Lasts For 20 Years by lakad4u(m): 12:28am On Oct 18, 2014
Guys please for God sake,there was a thread about battery that last longer,I have forgotten the name of the battery,its start with z I think...please kindly remind me
Re: Asian Students Create Battery That Charges For 15 Minutes But Lasts For 20 Years by ewosk: 12:56am On Oct 18, 2014
ok oo make d battery come out ....am waiting
Re: Asian Students Create Battery That Charges For 15 Minutes But Lasts For 20 Years by matrixx9(m): 5:56am On Oct 18, 2014
Guys... But I think this is the best battery for Nigeria.. With fluctuating power supply... At least...
Re: Asian Students Create Battery That Charges For 15 Minutes But Lasts For 20 Years by onuwaje(m): 7:29am On Oct 18, 2014
Abg I prefer my normal battery when dey charge for 9hours last 15minutes jor
Re: Asian Students Create Battery That Charges For 15 Minutes But Lasts For 20 Years by LordReed(m): 7:48am On Oct 18, 2014
sweettease:
Apple again! Wit their overpriced gadgets! Even though I'm not a techno fan, I wish they can pull this off undecided

Misleading title, it is not Apple that created it.

@ matrixx9

Why must you create a misleading title for your thread? Apple are not the creators of this battery.

5 Likes

Re: Asian Students Create Battery That Charges For 15 Minutes But Lasts For 20 Years by sekzy99(m): 7:49am On Oct 18, 2014
Abeg
Re: Asian Students Create Battery That Charges For 15 Minutes But Lasts For 20 Years by Samchelsea(m): 7:50am On Oct 18, 2014
How will the size be?.......anyway I'm waiting for it
Re: Asian Students Create Battery That Charges For 15 Minutes But Lasts For 20 Years by Spidermon: 7:53am On Oct 18, 2014
malikmoreni:
I want to see a video of it lasting for 20years, the video must be upto 20years in duration angry
I don dey record am. U must watch am without fast forwarding
Re: Asian Students Create Battery That Charges For 15 Minutes But Lasts For 20 Years by Nobody: 7:58am On Oct 18, 2014
Spidermon:

I don dey record am. U must watch am without fast forwarding

Oya, upload it to youtube cheesy
Re: Asian Students Create Battery That Charges For 15 Minutes But Lasts For 20 Years by chijoy7(f): 8:10am On Oct 18, 2014
So what is its side effect, because our teacher tell us say anything way get advantage, get disadvantage
Re: Asian Students Create Battery That Charges For 15 Minutes But Lasts For 20 Years by emmyw(m): 8:19am On Oct 18, 2014
Technology.
Re: Asian Students Create Battery That Charges For 15 Minutes But Lasts For 20 Years by Tenim47(m): 9:25am On Oct 18, 2014
politricks:
Hope This battery no go dey use our blood work because i no believe all the thing wey them write there
Make i pray 4 u, .
U go last like apple battery, let me c ur AMEN
Re: Asian Students Create Battery That Charges For 15 Minutes But Lasts For 20 Years by Mcbussy(m): 9:58am On Oct 18, 2014
Hmm...few days ago,I heard it was a university in Asia that made it,now its Apple.

Don't tell me those thieves have quickly bought d technology for a cheap price few days after discovery. Cos I know d next thing would be for them to put a $5,000 price tag on each ba3 angry
Re: Asian Students Create Battery That Charges For 15 Minutes But Lasts For 20 Years by 100Cents: 12:17pm On Oct 18, 2014
Liars dot com.

This news has nothing to do with Apple.

Check the rubbish writing.

I have read it before..
Re: Asian Students Create Battery That Charges For 15 Minutes But Lasts For 20 Years by Bawss1(m): 12:34pm On Oct 18, 2014
LordReed:

Misleading title, it is not Apple that created it.

@ matrixx9

Why must you create a misleading title for your thread? Apple are not the creators of this battery.

The OP must be a roadside blogger who will do anything to attract web traffic and that's very shameful. It shows that he will not stoop from lying and falsehood in order to make money. The thing with such people is that they never achieve lasting success with such behaviour.
Re: Asian Students Create Battery That Charges For 15 Minutes But Lasts For 20 Years by LordReed(m): 12:45pm On Oct 18, 2014
Bawss1:

The OP must be a roadside blogger who will do anything to attract web traffic and that's very shameful. It shows that he will not stoop from lying and falsehood in order to make money. The thing with such people is that they never achieve lasting success with such behaviour.

Its so galling.
Re: Asian Students Create Battery That Charges For 15 Minutes But Lasts For 20 Years by matrixx9(m): 3:25pm On Oct 18, 2014
Bawss1:

I'll take exceptions to that ..I'm just starting up. and I'm focused on making a good reputation and if you check my blog properly. there's only one ad there so stop talking about money.
Re: Asian Students Create Battery That Charges For 15 Minutes But Lasts For 20 Years by matrixx9(m): 3:26pm On Oct 18, 2014
Bawss1:

I'll take exceptions to that ..I'm just starting up. and I'm focused on making a good reputation and if you check my blog properly. there's only one ad there so stop talking about money. if I make a mistake I'll admit once am corrected..
Re: Asian Students Create Battery That Charges For 15 Minutes But Lasts For 20 Years by LordReed(m): 3:32pm On Oct 18, 2014
matrixx9:
I'll take exceptions to that ..I'm just starting up. and I'm focused on making a good reputation and if you check my blog properly. there's only one ad there so stop talking about money. if I make a mistake I'll admit once am corrected..

Yeah but you had to get yabbed first before you made the change.
Re: Asian Students Create Battery That Charges For 15 Minutes But Lasts For 20 Years by Nobody: 5:18pm On Oct 18, 2014
hmmm..dem dun start agen en

nawa oo

(1) (Reply)

Help Needed On My Infinix Hot Note Pro / FRP; the google answer to apple i-cloud protection / Fake 4g LTE Internet Providers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.