Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,054 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:19 AM

What Are Needed To Be A Good Beat Producer - Music Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Music Business / What Are Needed To Be A Good Beat Producer (1358 Views)

Good News!!! Upcoming Artiste Are Needed In An Upcoming Event In Abuja / Record Producer In Need Of Singers And Rappers / Help! Having Problem Installing Fruity Loops 7 Producer On Vista (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Are Needed To Be A Good Beat Producer by JollofNG(m): 11:04pm On Oct 17, 2014
I love music and really wanna go into beat production. What are neede to be a good beat producer and what software will I use in the production?
Re: What Are Needed To Be A Good Beat Producer by Nobody: 11:52pm On Oct 17, 2014
You need a PC/MAC and a Digital Audio Workstation(software). There are many options, but I'll advise you to start with FL studio.

1 Like

Re: What Are Needed To Be A Good Beat Producer by MrTeymee(m): 9:10pm On Nov 01, 2014
CoolHunk:
You need a PC/MAC and a Digital Audio Workstation(software). There are many options, but I'll advise you to start with FL studio.
Are you a producer? Wud love to learn..
Re: What Are Needed To Be A Good Beat Producer by Nobody: 9:16pm On Nov 01, 2014
MrTeymee:

Are you a producer? Wud love to learn..
Yes I am. That's good. Where do you see yourself in 6 years?

1 Like

Re: What Are Needed To Be A Good Beat Producer by MrTeymee(m): 9:22pm On Nov 01, 2014
CoolHunk:

In the next 6years, I see myself as made as pheelz is right now. That's my mentor.... I'm really serious abt dis ish. I'm in my pen-ultimate and I wanna go into it full-time afta graduation
Re: What Are Needed To Be A Good Beat Producer by Nobody: 9:30pm On Nov 01, 2014
MrTeymee:

In the next 6years, I see myself as made as pheelz is right now. That's my mentor.... I'm really serious abt dis ish. I'm in my pen-ultimate and I wanna go into it full-time afta graduation
Well, you seem passionate about it; which is a good thing. But if you want to be like Pheelz, you must recognize that there is a lot of information to take in, and that's hardwork. But if you love your music enough, should be a cakewalk.

1 Like

Re: What Are Needed To Be A Good Beat Producer by MrTeymee(m): 9:32pm On Nov 01, 2014
CoolHunk:

Well, you seem passionate about it; which is a good thing. But if you want to be like Pheelz, you must recognize that there is a lot of information to take in, and that's hardwork. But if you love your music enough, should be a cakewalk.

Informatioms such as?
Re: What Are Needed To Be A Good Beat Producer by Nobody: 9:33pm On Nov 01, 2014
Check sites like Gearslutz dotcom and futureproducers to get an idea of how producers think.

1 Like

Re: What Are Needed To Be A Good Beat Producer by Nobody: 9:36pm On Nov 01, 2014
MrTeymee:

Informatioms such as?
You need to learn to use a DAW (digital audio station). Get started with FL studio, it's the easiest. Then music theory, mixing and basics of mastering. And it's much better if you can play an instrument e.g the piano.

1 Like

Re: What Are Needed To Be A Good Beat Producer by MrTeymee(m): 9:42pm On Nov 01, 2014
CoolHunk:

You need to learn to use a DAW (digital audio station). Get started with FL studio, it's the easiest. Then music theory, mixing and basics of mastering. And it's much better if you can play an instrument e.g the piano.
I have FL studio, nuendo and sound forge on my system. I fiddle a lot with fl studio buh I still haven't gotten ma way around it. I play d drums and I have a basic piano knowledge( I can't play chords). I'm trying hard to get keyboard lessons tho
Re: What Are Needed To Be A Good Beat Producer by Nobody: 10:43pm On Nov 01, 2014
MrTeymee:

I have FL studio, nuendo and sound forge on my system. I fiddle a lot with fl studio buh I still haven't gotten ma way around it. I play d drums and I have a basic piano knowledge( I can't play chords). I'm trying hard to get keyboard lessons tho
Triad (3-note) chords are easy to play. Try to download a pdf chord book. Or just google Major and minor chords for starters.

1 Like

Re: What Are Needed To Be A Good Beat Producer by MrTeymee(m): 6:54am On Nov 02, 2014
CoolHunk:

Triad (3-note) chords are easy to play. Try to download a pdf chord book. Or just google Major and minor chords for starters.

Alryt.. Buh ion have a keyboard yet.....
Re: What Are Needed To Be A Good Beat Producer by Nobody: 9:19am On Nov 02, 2014
MrTeymee:

Alryt.. Buh ion have a keyboard yet.....
No problem. Use what you have for now.

1 Like

Re: What Are Needed To Be A Good Beat Producer by MrTeymee(m): 12:41pm On Nov 02, 2014
CoolHunk:

No problem. Use what you have for now.
Alryt thx a bunch
Re: What Are Needed To Be A Good Beat Producer by Nobody: 3:27pm On Nov 02, 2014
MrTeymee:

Alryt thx a bunch
You're welcome.

1 Like

Re: What Are Needed To Be A Good Beat Producer by ChynoBEATS: 10:52am On Dec 29, 2014

....... Wait wait wait.........you're a producer ?..... Wow! .

(1) (Reply)

Music Studio / Shoot A Musical Video For Next To Nothing & Enjoy Free Promo Online & Tv. / INSTRUMENTAL: DMW X Davido X Zlatan - Bum Bum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.