Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,423 members, 7,822,963 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 08:27 PM

Ever Made A Claim With Leadway Assurance? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Ever Made A Claim With Leadway Assurance? (1066 Views)

He Hit My Car & Claim He's A Stundent / Road Accidents Claim 1.2m Lives Worldwide / How Much Does Your Car Claim From You Per Month? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ever Made A Claim With Leadway Assurance? by chidike(m): 8:16pm On Oct 18, 2014
Hi Guys, please I need your advice. My car was burgled last night, the power door locks and the brain box were the major things taken. I have comprehensive insurance with leadway and I just want to know if this will be something they'll indemnify, my policy does state that "the company will indemnify the insured against loss of or damage to the motor car and/or it's accessories whilst thereon b) by fire, external explosion, self ignition or lighting or burglary housebreaking or theft"

Here are my questions:
What do I do to ensure that the do what they're supposed to do.
How long will it take for them to fix my car. .. seeing that damage is not as a result of an accident but theft.
I took pictures of the car. Do you think that my reporting the issue at ikeja police station (where I live) instead of V.I where the car was burgled is wrong?
Any other advice will be appreciated.

I've heard of insurance companies trying to get out of paying claims. ..should I be worried with these guys??
Re: Ever Made A Claim With Leadway Assurance? by chidike(m): 6:31am On Oct 19, 2014
42 views and no reply? ??
Re: Ever Made A Claim With Leadway Assurance? by Nobody: 8:35am On Oct 19, 2014
It doesn't matter where you reported the theft. Your car could be burgled in Lagos, you could lodge the report in Sokoto.

It would be an idea to get an independent inspection carried out by a reputable garage. They will then determine what is missing or broken, and give an estimate that will get your car back in its original roadworthy state.

You can then forward this to your insurance company. Note you will MOST likely have to pay your garage for an estimate, but that's standard practice worldwide.

I wish you all the best of luck.

(1) (Reply)

Mercedez Benz E Class Trunk Refused To Let In Key / Tapping Noise In My Nissan Sunny Engine / How to Fix Hairline Cracks in Car Windows(Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.