Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,259 members, 7,815,404 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:52 AM

Let Us Felicitate With Yakubu Gowon On His 80TH BIRTHDAY - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Let Us Felicitate With Yakubu Gowon On His 80TH BIRTHDAY (1922 Views)

A Guy Threatens to kill Buhari,Obasanjo,IBB,Gowon on facebook (screenshot) / 80th Birthday Dinner: Soyinka Replies Rivers Govt / Obasanjo, Ambode At 80th Birthday Of Adebutu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Let Us Felicitate With Yakubu Gowon On His 80TH BIRTHDAY by MAYOWAAK: 10:23pm On Oct 18, 2014
Yakubu Gowon led our country at a most difficult period in the course of which we fought a three-year civil war, it stands to reason that he would definitely represent several things to several people. I am also aware of the charge against Gowon, especially with regard to some of the choices he made as a leader the repercussions of which we are still grappling with today. While those are legitimate issues that deserve interrogation, they are not the essence of this intervention which is about the person of Yakubu Gowon.

For a man who ruled this country for as long as nine years and has been around in Nigeria for more than three decades after he returned from exile abroad, it is amazing that there has never been any scandal (financial, political or moral) around Gowon or members of his family. In the particular case of his wife, you hardly see her in any event except those attended by her husband and we are talking of a woman, if we believe all that are in the history books, who once commanded the attention of our nation by her beauty and grace.

In a milieu where the ethos of the leadership elite is that enough is never enough, the Gowons are in a class by themselves. In all the stories of fuel subsidy payment scams, there has not been a Gowon involved and you will not find that name among the private jet owners. In none of the public enterprises that have been privatized has the name of Gowon (or his children) ever been mentioned as one of the buyers or promoters of the bidding companies. I am also not aware of any big edifice anywhere in Nigeria to which someone would point and say “Gowon owns it”.

As a former leader, Gowon carries himself with so much dignity that you cannot but admire him while he lives an almost-perfect family life that you wonder why he chose the military rather than follow his parents into the Christian missionary field. Whatever may be anybody’s misgivings about the stewardship of Gowon as Head of State, what is not in doubt is that he commands respect by the exemplary manner in which he has lived his life outside public office. Therefore, all factors considered, he deserves a big celebration as he clocks 80. I wish him happy birthday in advance as we Go On With One Nigeria!

2 Likes

Re: Let Us Felicitate With Yakubu Gowon On His 80TH BIRTHDAY by omanifrank(m): 10:25pm On Oct 18, 2014
hbd

1 Like

Re: Let Us Felicitate With Yakubu Gowon On His 80TH BIRTHDAY by Nobody: 10:27pm On Oct 18, 2014
Happy Birthday Sir Yakubu Gowon.

I salute you for dealing with that bearded man that calls himself ojuKwu

2 Likes

Re: Let Us Felicitate With Yakubu Gowon On His 80TH BIRTHDAY by omololu2020(m): 10:29pm On Oct 18, 2014
M
Re: Let Us Felicitate With Yakubu Gowon On His 80TH BIRTHDAY by MAYOWAAK: 10:33pm On Oct 18, 2014
omololu2020:
M

Booking space tinz.
Re: Let Us Felicitate With Yakubu Gowon On His 80TH BIRTHDAY by Nobody: 10:35pm On Oct 18, 2014
barcanista:

[s] I salute you for dealing with that bearded man that calls himself ojuKwu [/s]
Re: Let Us Felicitate With Yakubu Gowon On His 80TH BIRTHDAY by ratiken(m): 10:42pm On Oct 18, 2014
barcanista:

Now I can conclude that you are the most bigoted APC e-maggot on this forum.
Your efforts at putting up a front as a detribalized naija delta man has been blown in just a sentence.
This post shall be bookmarked for posterity

5 Likes

Re: Let Us Felicitate With Yakubu Gowon On His 80TH BIRTHDAY by EmoBoy(m): 10:43pm On Oct 18, 2014
Gowon destroyed Nigeria. He doesn't deserve an iota of commendation from a sane Nigerian.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Let Us Felicitate With Yakubu Gowon On His 80TH BIRTHDAY by idu1(m): 10:50pm On Oct 18, 2014
barcanista:

Are u serious?
Re: Let Us Felicitate With Yakubu Gowon On His 80TH BIRTHDAY by Nobody: 10:54pm On Oct 18, 2014
ratiken:

Now I can conclude that you are the most bigoted APC e-maggot on this forum.
Your efforts at putting up a front as a detribalized naija delta man has been blown in just a sentence.
This post shall be bookmarked for posterity
Whatever you think will not change my disgust for Mr Ojukwu and his evil and attrocities towards my people. Now if you assume my disgust for Ojukwu as that of the Igbo race, its your business and I owe you no apology nor explanation.

2 Likes

Re: Let Us Felicitate With Yakubu Gowon On His 80TH BIRTHDAY by IfyAwazie(f): 10:55pm On Oct 18, 2014
HBD
Re: Let Us Felicitate With Yakubu Gowon On His 80TH BIRTHDAY by oduaboy1: 10:58pm On Oct 18, 2014
EmoBoy:
Gowon destroyed Nigeria. He doesn't deserve an iota of commendation from a sane Nigerian.
How did he destroy Nigeria?By not letting ojuiku and his band of flatheaded jews run away with Nigeria's oil grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Let Us Felicitate With Yakubu Gowon On His 80TH BIRTHDAY by winniz: 10:59pm On Oct 18, 2014
barcanista:
[s][/s]Whatever you think will not change my disgust for Mr Ojukwu and his evil and attrocities towards my people. Now if you assume my disgust for Ojukwu as that of the Igbo race, its your business and I owe you no apology nor explanation.[s][/s]
Re: Let Us Felicitate With Yakubu Gowon On His 80TH BIRTHDAY by Rawani: 11:00pm On Oct 18, 2014
Happy Birthday General 'Jack' Gowon, humbler of chestbeaters.

2 Likes

Re: Let Us Felicitate With Yakubu Gowon On His 80TH BIRTHDAY by vislabraye(m): 11:00pm On Oct 18, 2014
HBD to him. Mine was on the 16th grin.
Re: Let Us Felicitate With Yakubu Gowon On His 80TH BIRTHDAY by IfyAwazie(f): 11:03pm On Oct 18, 2014
barcanista:

With all ur hatred, his manhood still lives on cheesy

1 Like

Re: Let Us Felicitate With Yakubu Gowon On His 80TH BIRTHDAY by Nobody: 11:06pm On Oct 18, 2014
IfyAwazie:
With all ur hatred, his manhood still lives on cheesy
his bëarded face may as well live on, its not my business.

1 Like

Re: Let Us Felicitate With Yakubu Gowon On His 80TH BIRTHDAY by emmysoftyou: 11:09pm On Oct 18, 2014
barcanista:

otele..
anu mpam
aturu
amu
anuofia..
Amusu..
must u comment ?undecided

2 Likes

Re: Let Us Felicitate With Yakubu Gowon On His 80TH BIRTHDAY by oluwalfa: 11:16pm On Oct 18, 2014
When I was young, I used to see stickers asking god to let my enemies live long to see what I will be in life. I now understand and think that gowon's long life is actually a punishment as he is seeing the demise of his people and the progress of those he fought against.
Re: Let Us Felicitate With Yakubu Gowon On His 80TH BIRTHDAY by WIZGUY69(m): 12:31am On Oct 19, 2014
[size=24]happy birthday Sir. we really appreciate what you did in the year 1967-1970. thank you sir. [/size]

2 Likes

Re: Let Us Felicitate With Yakubu Gowon On His 80TH BIRTHDAY by Balyz: 5:06am On Oct 19, 2014
grin
barcanista:

Now isn't this just classic grin
barcanista:

Now isn't this just classic

1 Like

Re: Let Us Felicitate With Yakubu Gowon On His 80TH BIRTHDAY by juman(m): 5:16am On Oct 19, 2014
Anyway sha happy birthday to him.

But the one nigeria turned to rubbish by the same generals that prevented it be divided.

To hell with one nigeria.
Re: Let Us Felicitate With Yakubu Gowon On His 80TH BIRTHDAY by zlatansomto(m): 5:43am On Oct 19, 2014
Rawani:
Happy Birthday General 'Jack' Gowon, humbler of chestbeaters.
Yes oh, Al-hamdu lillah! humbler indeed! Just like the unkillable Abubakar Shekau is the destroyer of ABOK*IS grin grin • • Allah hu akbar, Rawani wink
Re: Let Us Felicitate With Yakubu Gowon On His 80TH BIRTHDAY by Rawani: 7:02am On Oct 19, 2014
zlatansomto:
Yes oh, Al-hamdu lillah! humbler indeed! Just like the unkillable Abubakar Shekau is the destroyer of ABOK*IS grin grin • • Allah hu akbar, Rawani wink

Re: Let Us Felicitate With Yakubu Gowon On His 80TH BIRTHDAY by zlatansomto(m): 8:10am On Oct 19, 2014
Rawani is that the autism level of your sick mom?? grin grin btw he who does not feel me is not real to mee, therefore you do not exist cheesy •so poof... Vamoose son of a bit*ch smiley
Re: Let Us Felicitate With Yakubu Gowon On His 80TH BIRTHDAY by Nobody: 8:46am On Oct 19, 2014
barcanista:

grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Let Us Felicitate With Yakubu Gowon On His 80TH BIRTHDAY by naijaking1: 8:49am On Oct 19, 2014
Happy birthday to Gowon, but please don't die without answering the following questions:
1. As the principal secratary to Ironsi, what really happened to your boss?
2. Sarduana of Sokoto was known to have pledged using northern christians like you as an instrument of to extend Othman dan Fodios empire to the Ocean in the south, and a situation verified by more recent events of Fulani attacks on your Berom folks, do you have any regrets failing to protect fellow christians, mainly Igbos leaving in the north from organized genocide by the same Hausa/Fulani people when you had powers to do so?
3. What really happened at Aburi? Please don't tell us that Ojukwu was more prepared for the meeting, while you came for a vacation.
4. If Aburi was a pivotal moment to have prevented the war, why didn't you take it seriously?
5. Finally, sir, and for the sake of your children, grand children yet unborn, when are we going to have your own account of the civil war like those of Obasanjo, Madiebo, Ojukwu, and even Achebe.
Re: Let Us Felicitate With Yakubu Gowon On His 80TH BIRTHDAY by vivalavida(m): 8:59am On Oct 19, 2014
barcanista:
his bëarded face may as well live on, its not my business.

He was a real life warrior. You are simply a paid E-warrior tongue

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Fresh Crisis Hits PDP As Governors Moves Against Muazu / #Buharigate:Hausa Language Was Not Offered In 1961 Exams–University of Cambridge / AIT/PDP Anti BUHARI Documentary Reply By Barcanista

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.