Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,318 members, 7,836,375 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:37 AM

Boko Haram Breaks Ceasefire Agreement, Attacks Borno Villages - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram Breaks Ceasefire Agreement, Attacks Borno Villages (1841 Views)

30 Dead In Boko Haram Attack On Borno Villages / Boko Haram Attacks Borno Village On Horseback, Kills 68 / Atiku Abubakar Reacts To Federal Government-boko Haram Ceasefire Agreement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boko Haram Breaks Ceasefire Agreement, Attacks Borno Villages by Hallams(m): 1:30am On Oct 19, 2014
Less than 24 hours after the much-publicised ceasefire deal reached by the Federal Government and the Boko Haram sect, the terrorist group attacked two communities in Borno State, a security source toldSUNDAY PUNCH.
The Nigerian government had announced on Friday that the Islamic sect and the military had agreed to a ceasefire.
According to the military source, about 20 Boko Haram fighters in two pick-up vans stormed Maikadiri in Abadam Local Government Area, northern part of Borno on Friday evening, shooting into homes.
A member of the local vigilance group, Adam Kolo, in a telephone interview with our correspondent in Maiduguri on Saturday, said the sect had shown that there was no ceasefire with the latest attack.
He stated that the insurgents killed the father of the former Speaker of Borno State House of Assembly, Goni Ali-Modu.
Another indigene of the attacked communities, Masta Ibrahim, said in Maiduguri that, “My parents are there and my brother called from Monguno to inform me early this morning but we couldn’t get across to our aged parents.”
Also in a renewed attack on Shaffa, Hawul Local Government Area, south of Borno on Saturday morning, scores of Boko Haram insurgents rode to a village near the town in the early hours of the day, shooting indiscriminately.
Eight people were killed, according to a resident, Elijah Msheliza.
He told our correspondents that many of the residents of the town had fled into the bush.
Msheliza said, “There was pandemonium in Shaffa as Boko Haram invaded the nearby village, shooting at everybody at sight. We had to flee into the bush and, as I am talking to you, many of us are taking refuge in the bush.”
Shaffa is about 230 kilometres from Maiduguri, the state capital, and had recently witnessed series of attacks by the insurgents source:http://www.punchng.com/news/boko-haram-breaks-ceasefire-agreement-attacks-borno-villages/
Re: Boko Haram Breaks Ceasefire Agreement, Attacks Borno Villages by Godfullsam(m): 1:37am On Oct 19, 2014
Av said it before these boko boys are animals. The word 'PEACE' is completely absent in there brain. The Nigerian army should kill them without mercy.
#ceasefiremyfoot.
Re: Boko Haram Breaks Ceasefire Agreement, Attacks Borno Villages by Nobody: 1:43am On Oct 19, 2014
I'm surprise Nigerian Govt think aboki understand the word. CEASE FIRE. Jihadist have no repentance

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Breaks Ceasefire Agreement, Attacks Borno Villages by babyphaze77(m): 1:47am On Oct 19, 2014
All of them won't agree totally or do we say the negotiators are deceiving themselves. Just a matter of time the truth about cease fire will surface.

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Breaks Ceasefire Agreement, Attacks Borno Villages by Nobody: 1:53am On Oct 19, 2014
Re: Boko Haram Breaks Ceasefire Agreement, Attacks Borno Villages by Extom(m): 2:00am On Oct 19, 2014
That's what you get when you try to negotiate with these ISIS.
Clueless governance.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Breaks Ceasefire Agreement, Attacks Borno Villages by Oblion(m): 2:17am On Oct 19, 2014
No negotiation, terrorist ain't faithful to it
Re: Boko Haram Breaks Ceasefire Agreement, Attacks Borno Villages by seunlayi(m): 3:08am On Oct 19, 2014
maybe that group had not been briefed on they acted on their own

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Breaks Ceasefire Agreement, Attacks Borno Villages by VcStunner(m): 3:25am On Oct 19, 2014
Extom:
Clueless governance.
u fail to realise one thing, that BH has different sect, and their method of fighting is non conventional. you've never been close to a heated gun fight before, if u've u wuld thank the govt. I don't assume u knw better dan Atiku who said its a welcome developement, decisions are made by fact not by emotions and dats why their are professionals and their are ordinary people(like you). I think we all have a part to play, hav u been in charge of any leadership role before? You only pray to God and take d gamble called decision, if it favours many, fine! Leave few aggrieved to obey d law of economics. And be ready to accept d consequencies! Dats leadership in summary. Now my question: how is the govt clueless?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boko Haram Breaks Ceasefire Agreement, Attacks Borno Villages by Nobody: 3:51am On Oct 19, 2014
It's a religious terrorist group. Those guys are after the exact opposite of peace
Re: Boko Haram Breaks Ceasefire Agreement, Attacks Borno Villages by jomoh: 4:04am On Oct 19, 2014
Re: Boko Haram Breaks Ceasefire Agreement, Attacks Borno Villages by na1raland: 4:12am On Oct 19, 2014
That zombie called GEJ is nothing but a failure to this country and needs to be put out by any means necessary come 2015.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Breaks Ceasefire Agreement, Attacks Borno Villages by Nobody: 4:17am On Oct 19, 2014
i have said this over and over.

Terrorists are terrorists, you cannot rehabilitate them
they derive pleasure from seeing blood, this is why you dont negotiate with them.you remove them from the society for good.
unite them with their 72 virgin, you will be doing them all a favour

GEJ needs to thaw his super weak and vulnerable heart and activate that part of him that removed SLS and drive the nation at this very time.
rehabilitating MEND is what made boko haram feel they could go live too, rehabilitating boko is a very dangerous move in a country with millions of unemployed SMART youths.

use Boko Haram as a scape goat to others

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Breaks Ceasefire Agreement, Attacks Borno Villages by lonelydora: 4:18am On Oct 19, 2014
Having a rethink on GEJ.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Breaks Ceasefire Agreement, Attacks Borno Villages by terrymason(m): 4:29am On Oct 19, 2014
God is watching this hopeless maggot with 3D mode!! If you bliv boko haram we end in 9ja #like comment have faith.
Re: Boko Haram Breaks Ceasefire Agreement, Attacks Borno Villages by Nobody: 4:34am On Oct 19, 2014
na1raland:
That zombie called GEJ is nothing but a failure to this country and needs to be put out by any means necessary come 2015.
his government has been lying to nigerians since inception. Where's alex badeh? KICK the clueless people OUT come 2015.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Breaks Ceasefire Agreement, Attacks Borno Villages by okpamson15(m): 4:41am On Oct 19, 2014
I thought as much, that these people may be using our head in the name of ceasefire agreement. The way i'm seing the situation now is as if Bokoharam are no longer United again since the death of their commander. We must win this race In JESUS NAME.
Re: Boko Haram Breaks Ceasefire Agreement, Attacks Borno Villages by sekzy99(m): 4:41am On Oct 19, 2014
i need a job onboard a ship, studied marine engineering. Have my stcw 95,medical n discharge book ready. Momlilyseyi@gmail.com or 08023373302
Re: Boko Haram Breaks Ceasefire Agreement, Attacks Borno Villages by Nobody: 8:18am On Oct 19, 2014
okpamson15:
I thought as much, that these people may be using our head in the name of ceasefire agreement. The way i'm seing the situation now is as if Bokoharam are no longer United again since the death of their commander. We must win this race In JESUS NAME.
I also doubt there was any agreement cos boko haram know that the moment they release the girls, the moment they lose relevance.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Breaks Ceasefire Agreement, Attacks Borno Villages by ogbronx(m): 8:19am On Oct 19, 2014
Extom:
Clueless governance.
Very clueless government. I was shocked at the agreement of a ceasefire between a federal government and an insurgent (not rebels) . Who does that? Especially at a time that the government is alleging winning the war against the insurgency and many surrendering?

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Breaks Ceasefire Agreement, Attacks Borno Villages by Nobody: 8:23am On Oct 19, 2014
Terrorists are simply terrorists, you don't negotiate with them cos they are not freedom fighters.
Re: Boko Haram Breaks Ceasefire Agreement, Attacks Borno Villages by Nobody: 8:26am On Oct 19, 2014
MOds, why isn't this on FP?
Re: Boko Haram Breaks Ceasefire Agreement, Attacks Borno Villages by Extom(m): 8:29am On Oct 19, 2014
VcStunner:
u fail to realise one thing, that BH has different sect, and their method of fighting is non conventional. you've never been close to a heated gun fight before, if u've u wuld thank the govt. I don't assume u knw better dan Atiku who said its a welcome developement, decisions are made by fact not by emotions and dats why their are professionals and their are ordinary people(like you). I think we all have a part to play, hav u been in charge of any leadership role before? You only pray to God and take d gamble called decision, if it favours many, fine! Leave few aggrieved to obey d law of economics. And be ready to accept d consequencies! Dats leadership in summary. Now my question: how is the govt clueless?
I am not gonna come down to fight with you(because it is apparent that you're poised for that), but I'll ask you just a simple question; why would a governance that is so "full" of clues try to negotiate with a sect that has different factions, a sect that won't stop until Nigeria is an Islamic Republic, and a sect that fights unconventionally?
If you have been abreast with what is happening around the globe as per these ISIS trying to take over, you would understand that the word "negotiate" makes them mad. It makes them more brutal, as they feel anybody not on their side is a cockroach, and an infidel that must be squashed.
I read through your reply to me, and I must admit that you made some very valid and logical points worth debating over(and that's why I'm even replying you), but at some points, you were taking shots at me(argumentum ad hominem), which isn't supposed to be. Try to learn the art of getting your point across without raising dusts, sir, and please pick your fights carefully, because you win some, and lose some(you can't always win).

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Breaks Ceasefire Agreement, Attacks Borno Villages by Extom(m): 8:37am On Oct 19, 2014
ogbronx:
Very clueless government. I was shocked at the agreement of a ceasefire between a federal government and an insurgent (not rebels) . Who does that? Especially at a time that the government is alleging winning the war against the insurgency and many surrendering?
Walahi, this is absurd. This governance thinks the United States don't know what they are doing when they say they don't negotiate with terrorists. These terrorists are not after equal rights, justice, employment or whatsoever. They are after a complete takeover, and would stop at nothing to get that. Their motto is ANNIHILATE, OR BE ANNIHILATED.
Re: Boko Haram Breaks Ceasefire Agreement, Attacks Borno Villages by Nobody: 8:39am On Oct 19, 2014
Boko Haram clearly have faction

One faction may have agreed a cease fire while the other want to carry on with their destructive behaviour.

If the faction the Presidency tried to negotiate with can deliver on releasing the girls then that is still progress.

The benefit of negotiating with the group willing to negotiate is it helps intelligence gathering to break the ranks of Boko Haram.
Re: Boko Haram Breaks Ceasefire Agreement, Attacks Borno Villages by Extom(m): 8:44am On Oct 19, 2014
mikeansy:
Boko Haram clearly have faction

One faction may have agreed a cease fire while the other want to carry on with their destructive behaviour.

If the faction the Presidency tried to negotiate with can deliver on releasing the girls then that is still progress.

The benefit of negotiating with the group willing to negotiate is it helps intelligence gathering to break the ranks of Boko Haram.
Talking about the girls, what most of us are failing to realise, is the fact that these girls are NEVER going to be the same. The trauma that will come with them(that's if they eventually gets released) will be worse than anything any of us can try to imagine right now.
These are girls that have been used, abused, molested, punished, and some of them even killed in front of the others(all in a bid to pass a message across to the remaining bunch) by these terrorists. If any of the parents of the kidnapped are hoping to get their child back, they might just be in for a surprise. As hard as it may sound, these are not just humans anymore. They're now monsters themselves(so sorry to say).
It's not like they went on a vacation, or went to school abroad for crying out loud. These girls were forcefully abducted against their will, and have been compelled to do things I dare not imagine. cry
Re: Boko Haram Breaks Ceasefire Agreement, Attacks Borno Villages by Nobody: 8:49am On Oct 19, 2014
Extom:

Talking about the girls, what most of us are failing to realise, is the fact that these girls are NEVER going to be the same. The trauma that will come with them(that's if they eventually gets released) will be worse than anything any of us can try to imagine right now.

Yea that's true

Government made a mistake to announce the girls will be released in one week.

Government should have gone to press when they have the girls secured!

That said I think the Presidency and DHQ should continue to explore the opportunity of freeing the girls while deploying even more army in the area to keep the peace.
Re: Boko Haram Breaks Ceasefire Agreement, Attacks Borno Villages by Arch1: 8:53am On Oct 19, 2014
There was never a ceasefire in the first place. It was a lie
Re: Boko Haram Breaks Ceasefire Agreement, Attacks Borno Villages by Pataki: 8:57am On Oct 19, 2014
lonelydora:
Having a rethink on GEJ.

Jonathan and his government are not ashamed to lie and cover-up deceit for Nigerians to believe them.

Did we not see Jonathan openly lying on CNN and Nigerians openly disgraced him for that?

A government that announces to the world that it would not negotiate with terrrorists, recently asked for one billion dollars to fight Boko Haram, was involved with the money laundering project in South Africa through Pastor OLEJAFOR's private jet - in the name of fighting Boko Haram; suddenly announces to the world that it has reached CEASEFIRE with Boko Haram?

Who were these FG negotiators? Who represented Boko Haram? How is a ceasefire suddenly reached? What were the terms agreed to by the FG with Boko Haram? All these were kept in secrecy!

Jonathan and his government is a government of fraud, lies, deceit and outright wickedness and corruption. Believe anything this man called GEJ says, and you will end-up with repeated disappointments.

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Breaks Ceasefire Agreement, Attacks Borno Villages by Nobody: 9:03am On Oct 19, 2014
mikeansy:

Yea that's true

Government made a mistake to announce the girls will be released in one week.
that shows how clueless they are. I guess they just needed something to cool off the buzz created by buhari's declaration, which makes me feel there was never a ceasefire agreement.
Re: Boko Haram Breaks Ceasefire Agreement, Attacks Borno Villages by VcStunner(m): 10:49am On Oct 19, 2014
Extom:

I am not gonna come down to fight with you(because it is apparent that you're poised for that), but I'll ask you just a simple question; why would a governance that is so "full" of clues try to negotiate with a sect that has different factions, a sect that won't stop until Nigeria is an Islamic Republic, and a sect that fights unconventionally?
If you have been abreast with what is happening around the globe as per these ISIS trying to take over, you would understand that the word "negotiate" makes them mad. It makes them more brutal, as they feel anybody not on their side is a cockroach, and an infidel that must be squashed.
I read through your reply to me, and I must admit that you made some very valid and logical points worth debating over(and that's why I'm even replying you), but at some points, you were taking shots at me(argumentum ad hominem), which isn't supposed to be. Try to learn the art of getting your point across without raising dusts, sir, and please pick your fights carefully, because you win some, and lose some(you can't always win).
well said bro, lemme clarify on 2 things: personal fight? No, i don't waste my time like dat, secondly about continued fighting of BH, always remember dat some victories are worse than defeats. And Nigeria is still paying d price after over 40yrs of her civil war. Youths in d north are now mobilized and armed to perpeterate violence which is later attributed to BH and yes dey take the glory in as much as u shouted Allahu akbari and record deaths and dats a fact. So d different sects arise from here and d unconventionality arise frm d fact dat they are trained to kill and not to survive unlike ISIS who has technical knowledge and hardly go on suicide missions. Thats a fact too, as i reply u bro A̶̲̥̅♏ lookin at a fight to capture Kobane in syria by ISIS. All i see is technicallity and marksmanship. Don't blame our govt,only pray our gurls get rescued during d ceasefire and den anything can simply happen. Happy sunday

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Breaks Ceasefire Agreement, Attacks Borno Villages by na1raland: 11:52am On Oct 19, 2014
TribalEAST:
his government has been lying to nigerians since inception. Where's alex badeh? KICK the clueless people OUT come 2015.

I'm telling u mehn

(1) (2) (Reply)

Buhari Condemns The Reduction Of Petrol Pump Price / I Don't Want To Hear Non-sense, Nigeria Must Remain One -buhari / Why Is Fani Kayode Moving About With Security Details?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.