Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,461 members, 7,816,082 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:13 AM

My Trip To Worship Without A Family Car - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Trip To Worship Without A Family Car (3140 Views)

Which Should Come First Between Career & Marriage In A Family? / A / Are We Suppose To Worship Our Landlords Or Their Family? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Trip To Worship Without A Family Car by bugativeron: 7:33pm On Oct 19, 2014
Hi nairalanders. I just feel I should share this experience while I also listen to yours.
I have a family of 4. Me, my wife, my 8yr old daughter and 6yr old son.
Today being sunday for worship we are all supposed to go for worship, but there was a snag, no car. Whattttttt? Asked my daughter.
Ok, this is how it goes. I have 2 cars 1 for me and 1 for wify. Unfortunately, my went in for a major servicing while I sent wify's to my mum for a particular use. So for the first time since my children were born they couldnt go to worship in their folks car.
so the previous evening I thot about it and I made up my mind that I wont pick any of my siblings car rather we will do public transport.
waohhh was the first comment from my daughter and she said she will rather trek than ride in public bus. This is a distance of 3kms to our house. But my son said o daddy lets do it.
however, I realised that it has never dawn on my children that they may one day need to join public trans to school or other places.
I remember my daughter onces insist on trekking or using public trans to school in order to get the feel. But I laughed cos I was brought up to trek several kms to school at tender age, so I know she doesnt understand the challenge.
Back to my story, 1st we got ready late cos we are used to driving from the house so we didnt remember to factor in the trek to bus stop. I was smiling. Then the journey started, my wife's face was strongly drawn but I refused to bulge. But my children obviously were enjoying the trek. By the time we got to bus stop we are 15mins late for worship and guess what we couldnt get a cab cos cab port was still some minutes away. So I suggest keke napep or what they called Marwa in order to beat time. The 1st person to scream was wife and she said no wayyyyyy. Then I said other option was to continue trekking by then everybody was conscious of his or her shoe and cloth in dusty lagos.
so without any choice we all hopped into the next available tricycle.
Then the question and answer started. The 1st was wify with strong instuction to the children not to touch any part of the vehicle since it is public and suddenly my daughter asked oh what about sanitiser for our hands when we get off. Whaooool, it was left in the cars glove compartment, when it dawn on them that there is no sanitiser the hissing has no part two.
Then my son started with questions. Dad dont bikes and marwa have seat belt? I said no, he asked why, well I had to try to explain.
Then I asked him, how do you know they call it Marwa, that is the tricycles in lagos. He just shrugged his shouders.
Another lesson our children know somethings we dont know they know as parents.
Then the ride thru bumpy road, every rough twist is met with oh ah oh yee even me inclusive. Couple with the fact that everybody is trying so much not to touch the seat or any part of the tricycle since there is no sanitiser.
The gist will continue.

10 Likes

Re: My Trip To Worship Without A Family Car by Ehimenboy(m): 7:50pm On Oct 19, 2014
This appears promising. Please continue as you've promised. I almost forgot that there's some other kind of life than the one I'm living. Sometimes, getting involved in something you're not used to (especially all your life) is some fun, too.
Re: My Trip To Worship Without A Family Car by egopersonified(f): 8:54pm On Oct 19, 2014
Hahahaha, hand sanitizer inside keke, I would love to see these kids in a molue asking these questions and watch the reactions of others. My kids always pray the car breaks down so we can take bikes(okada) everywhere, they actually enjoy it while I am casting and binding that the bike doesnt fall over. Since the bikes were stopped here, they keep asking me where the bikes have all gone.

3 Likes

Re: My Trip To Worship Without A Family Car by bugativeron: 10:15pm On Oct 19, 2014
So thru the bumpy ride we got to our place of worship. So we finished 2hrs later as we were about to round up then the heaven decided to open up and torrents of rain followed. I was also determined not to seek for a ride from any of our xtian family friend and also refused to gist anyone that we were without a car. Suddenly the rain stopped and our journey began.
we started trekking towards the bus stop as we continue hoping to get a cab as we trekked along. But severally my children were running into the middle of the road and they had difficulties crossing the roads. Suddenly wify said she is tired of trekking, I said good we can stop here and wait for a cab which may never come in the next 30mins or we continue to trek until we get a cab. Meanwhile marwa keep passing by but my people say know. Well since no cab was coming we finally opted for marwa.
By the time we want to enter my wife kept probing the driver to clean the seats properly until he was almost snapping. Then the journey continues.
By the time we got home the rituals now started. Hey everybody must kept their shoes outside the house and sanitising and cleaning must be done while the children were ordered directly to the bathroom without touching anything this include wify. All these instructions were given by wify.
after all these I was laughing and I asked the children about the experience guess what, they love it.

Share your experience too.

6 Likes

Re: My Trip To Worship Without A Family Car by bugativeron: 10:18pm On Oct 19, 2014
@ ego I can imargine you biding and casting on bike that is hilarious
Re: My Trip To Worship Without A Family Car by bugativeron: 10:19pm On Oct 19, 2014
egopersonified:
Hahahaha, hand sanitizer inside keke, I would love to see these kids in a molue asking these questions and watch the reactions of others. My kids always pray the car breaks down so we can take bikes(okada) everywhere, they actually enjoy it while I am casting and binding so the bike doesnt fall over. Since the bikes were stopped here, they keep asking me where the bikes have all gone. This is hilarious. Lol
Re: My Trip To Worship Without A Family Car by Nobody: 12:49am On Oct 20, 2014
@op, pictures of all these things happening or adonbilivu tongue
Re: My Trip To Worship Without A Family Car by Nobody: 1:59am On Oct 20, 2014
Very funny.

At times,its good to witness something,in order to know how it feels.

1 Like

Re: My Trip To Worship Without A Family Car by Ishilove: 2:17am On Oct 20, 2014
Your wife is funny. If public transport is so bad then i wonder why those who bus hop daily are not dead from infection? Anyhu its good that your kids experience the other side of life. Na part of training cheesy

1 Like

Re: My Trip To Worship Without A Family Car by Nobody: 6:46am On Oct 20, 2014
Lol. This is hilarious.

I think I need to let go of the comfort once in a while, and try this with the family.
Re: My Trip To Worship Without A Family Car by freecocoa(f): 6:51am On Oct 20, 2014
Story.
Re: My Trip To Worship Without A Family Car by rolled: 7:16am On Oct 20, 2014
Was your wife given birth to with a car?
And what model/year of car do you guys use
Your kids acted normal cos they are kids
But for wify?
I don't just get it oh.
Clean this and that inside keke?
Hope say her car better pass keke sha

9 Likes

Re: My Trip To Worship Without A Family Car by estheremma(f): 7:40am On Oct 20, 2014
grin grin ;DYour wife nah[color=#990000][/color] serious ajebo ;Dchai diarisgodoooo
Re: My Trip To Worship Without A Family Car by bugativeron: 7:50am On Oct 20, 2014
Is my wife serious ajebo. Well I will say yes. She grew up with some level of comfort but I guess her challenge is the children. She feels they may not as careful as adults. Her car is not the best, but she ensures interior is regularly clean and sanitize, like I said her fear is exposing the children unduly.

5 Likes

Re: My Trip To Worship Without A Family Car by bugativeron: 7:54am On Oct 20, 2014
Some other people should share their experience in experiencing the other side of life. lol.
Re: My Trip To Worship Without A Family Car by Ehimenboy(m): 8:18am On Oct 20, 2014
bugativeron:
Some other people should share their experience in experiencing the other side of life. lol.
As in an experience of temporary unusual comfort by one used to relative difficulties?
Re: My Trip To Worship Without A Family Car by sparklie(f): 8:19am On Oct 20, 2014
Wow this is so funny. Well, I've always entered public transport and sometimes private car but abeg to get to where I'm going sharp sharp, na public transport tinz o.

My boss' kids were rude to d driver one day from school, so rude that d almost 60yr old man called my boss to report, even while reporting over d phone, the children (both in secondary school) didn't stop d noise.
My boss was infuriated, angry, mad that is it because God blessed these kids so they don't knw what their mates r going thru?

Next morning at about 6am, my boss called me to meet her in her house sharply, since I was ready for work, I went. When I got there she said, "sparklie, I cald u because we r going to Oxbridge with public transport, I don't knw how to get there so u'll lead d way". The boys reaady for school, d younger one went to pick the car key from d usual place, d mum landed him one hot spicy slap.

We got out of the house, trekked to d estate gate, chai see these boys begging, mummy, how can my friends see me coming down from a bus, mummy it will never happen again. We got to d estate gate, boarded keke, even my boss was shaking. She is also a rich kid. We got to ketu bustop na there both mama and children wan die, I told them we have to hustle for bus o cos everybody too is going out this morning! See mama dey shout, ehn hold ur laptop bag well o, if u like stand there let kidnappers catch u, in d bus sef after paying conductor, to collect change she no gree o, I told d guy to bring d thing sharply and I put it in my bag, plenty wahala.

We entered d bus, see their faces as if they wanted to cut their privates. My boss was just looking round, holding her dress, covering her bag, checking if her phones and wallet still dey inside bag. When we got to Maryland, we got another bus that dropped us off opposite their school, so as their friends were being driven in, see as shame dey catch awon big boys

When they entered d school, I now tld my boss, oya let's go bak to work now, she screamed, go where, no way am I getting on that thing again! She called her driver to come and pick us o.

When we got to work, she told HR to stop deducting latenes fee henceforth cos she has felt what people go thru everyday to come here and what more if rain fell. Over 100staff, she dashed everyone #1000 each.

26 Likes

Re: My Trip To Worship Without A Family Car by bugativeron: 8:39am On Oct 20, 2014
@ Sparklie
sparklie:
Wow this is so funny. Well, I've always entered public transport and sometimes private car but abeg to get to where I'm going sharp sharp, na public transport tinz o.

My boss' kids were rude to d driver one day from school, so rude that d almost 60yr old man called my boss to report, even while reporting over d phone, the children (both in secondary school) didn't stop d noise.
My boss was infuriated, angry, mad that is it because God blessed these kids so they don't knw what their mates r going thru?

Next morning at about 6am, my boss called me to meet her in her house sharply, since I was ready for work, I went. When I got there she said, "sparklie, I cald u because we r going to Oxbridge with public transport, I don't knw how to get there so u'll lead d way". The boys reaady for school, d younger one went to pick the car key from d usual place, d mum landed him one hot spicy slap.

We got out of the house, trekked to d estate gate, chai see these boys begging, mummy, how can my friends see me coming down from a bus, mummy it will never happen again. We got to d estate gate, boarded keke, even my boss was shaking. She is also a rich kid. We got to ketu bustop na there both mama and children wan die, I told them we have to hustle for bus o cos everybody too is going out this morning! See mama dey shout, ehn hold ur laptop bag well o, if u like stand there let kidnappers catch u, in d bus sef after paying conductor, to collect change she no gree o, I told d guy to bring d thing sharply and I put it in my bag, plenty wahala.

We entered d bus, see their faces as if they wanted to cut their privates. My boss was just looking round, holding her dress, covering her bag, checking if her phones and wallet still dey inside bag. When we got to Maryland, we got another bus that dropped us off opposite their school, so as their friends were being driven in, see as shame dey catch awon big boys

When they entered d school, I now tld my boss, oya let's go bak to work now, she screamed, go where, no way am I getting on that thing again! She called her driver to come and pick us o.

When we got to work, she told HR to stop deducting latenes fee henceforth cos she has felt what people go thru everyday to come here and what more if rain fell. Over 100staff, she dashed everyone #1000 each.

This really got me laughing. Your boss must be with very kind heart.
Me that I used to trek several kms when I was in pry 2 to sch alone thru tough road etc. Nothing can shake me jare.
I believe that one should go thru some of these at times.
I remember once about 5yrs ago I crashed my one year old tear rubber SUV On top of marina bridge only for mechanic to tell me the car is a write off, I nearly one die. I decided not to buy another car and punish myself for one year by joining public transport daily from ogba to V.I. chei it wasnt easy. Sometimes small boys conductor will abuse me tire. Me self I will talk back, but exactly the day it a year I bought myself a sport explorer truck which has always been a childhood fantansy for me. But my friends couldnt understand how I survived a year without personal car. Though I make do with wify car for weekend.

4 Likes

Re: My Trip To Worship Without A Family Car by lakamua: 9:04am On Oct 20, 2014
Op expose your kids a little more. Ajebos suffer when they become adults and face challenges. Show them the 2sides of life which you have seen. It will make them wiser

4 Likes

Re: My Trip To Worship Without A Family Car by bugativeron: 9:37am On Oct 20, 2014
Ehimenboy:

As in an experience of temporary unusual comfort by one used to relative difficulties?

Yes that inclusive because it means you were suddenly thrown from your usual zone to another.
Re: My Trip To Worship Without A Family Car by destante(f): 9:38am On Oct 20, 2014
Lol your son particularly is funny. its good your kids are exposed to such once in a while. There will always be something to learn from the other side.
Re: My Trip To Worship Without A Family Car by ifyalways(f): 9:47am On Oct 20, 2014
lakamua:
Op expose your kids a little more. Ajebos suffer when they become adults and face challenges. Show them the 2sides of life which you have seen. It will make them wiser
WORD

2 Likes

Re: My Trip To Worship Without A Family Car by egopersonified(f): 10:01am On Oct 20, 2014
@sparklie, this your boss is so funny, imagine getting kidnapped while waiting for a bus. LMAO. She meant to teach her kids a lesson but I think she was the one who got the greatest shock. I'm still teary over this post, its so funny.

7 Likes

Re: My Trip To Worship Without A Family Car by caketake3: 1:49pm On Oct 20, 2014
I can never forget the day I stopped following one of my neighbor to school owing to the misconduct of one their children which happens to be my classmate. I was so unhappy and I can remember faintly cursing then that the government would soon collect the official vehicle he was bragging with. the following morning, I prepared early since I was about to trek more than 6km @primary 3 with my younger brother in primary 1 or nursery 2 then. I did that repeatedly for about 2years but in all, it taught me some life lessons and how to solve issue myself. as a kid then, I was unforgiving and not ready to yield any plea though I suffered for it.

treking is fun then because at least, no one was punishing or intimidating me. it also afforded me to explore some thick bush which were scaring as a shortcut

1 Like

Re: My Trip To Worship Without A Family Car by Ehimenboy(m): 2:02pm On Oct 20, 2014
Wow!!! I haven't gone through either extreme sides of life --in our context. I'd have contributed.

Life... ever two sided!
Re: My Trip To Worship Without A Family Car by mikkyphp(m): 3:54pm On Oct 20, 2014
I love this thread.
I suffer when i small o...Thank God for His Grace...But it is imperative we teach our children the 2 sides to life...It gives proper perspective.
Re: My Trip To Worship Without A Family Car by breathless(m): 4:46pm On Oct 20, 2014
mikkyphp:
I love this thread.
I suffer when i small o...Thank God for His Grace...But it is imperative we teach our children the 2 sides to life...It gives proper perspective.

Seconded. Doing that with my kids now.
Re: My Trip To Worship Without A Family Car by Agrika: 6:04pm On Oct 20, 2014
Re: My Trip To Worship Without A Family Car by damiso(f): 6:06pm On Oct 20, 2014
I loved sparklie's post so funny and heartwarming cheesy cheesy sometimes walking a day in other's shoes opens up our hearts to be a bit more compassionate.

Me I was buttypako grin grin I experienced driver ,school bus, walking,molue, (ok not really only took molue once or twice)okada, danfo, cab, etc etc.
Re: My Trip To Worship Without A Family Car by flyca: 6:41pm On Oct 20, 2014
Me next....

Going to the village for Christmas as kids, my mum wanted us to blend with village life, sweep the compound, fetch drinking water from stream... (to a large extent, she was trying to impress village people, grandma and co wives). Lol

First morning, 6am, wake up call. Chai! I mean why are we even in a hurry to get up when its a full free day. But no problems its all adventure smiley

She had bought jerry cans ready for going to stream. 6:30 prayers were over and we were set for stream with Granny's house boy, Arinze, leading the way. By the time we dragged our lives to the stream, we already met people coming back (second round) for the morning. On a normal trip, it takes 20 minutes to reach the stream from my house. Trust kids it took us twice that time.

My village stream has almost a 90 degree slope and steep about a 100 feet downwards within a very short horizontal distance. Descent and ascent is definitely not for the faint-hearted cheesy

So on hands and knees, we crept down hills to the river. Arinze quickly helped us filled our jerry cans. Climbing back up, every spirit of adventure was vanished! See bickering, murmuring, crying and other home kids laughing at us. Free drama for them, and to add to it, we were speaking in "unusual tongues". Lol

Immediately, we got up, Arinze asked if we could trace back our way home (he probably had sensed it will take us two hours to get back, and we had disorganized his daily routine). With a few uncertain nodes and yes guesses, he hurried out leaving us to our fates.

Very long journey home, But to cut the long story short, we got home at 1pm that day. We had circled the almost the whole village before we got back hungry, bare footed, sun-burnt, abandoned water cans, scratches on the skin when we followed a bush part while tracing our way. My mum and aunt had taken foods in food boxes to look for us down to the stream with non of us with a trace. Every one worried and waiting. When we returned, we were celebrated like "Prodigal Sons".

Well, we went back to the stream on regular bases (we negotiate with mumsy the day to go and the day not to). Her philosophy being that "Practice makes perfect". I love that lady! Haha. Today, I look back and am happy for all those training years smiley

8 Likes

Re: My Trip To Worship Without A Family Car by Saraha1(f): 8:24pm On Oct 20, 2014
Ok
Re: My Trip To Worship Without A Family Car by sparklie(f): 8:33pm On Oct 20, 2014
flyca:
Me next....

Going to the village for Christmas as kids, my mum wanted us to blend with village life, sweep the compound, fetch drinking water from stream... (to a large extent, she was trying to impress village people, grandma and co wives). Lol

First morning, 6am, wake up call. Chai! I mean why are we even in a hurry to get up when its a full free day. But no problems its all adventure smiley

She had bought jerry cans ready for going to stream. 6:30 prayers were over and we were set for stream with Granny's house boy, Arinze, leading the way. By the time we dragged our lives to the stream, we already met people coming back (second round) for the morning. On a normal trip, it takes 20 minutes to reach the stream from my house. Trust kids it took us twice that time.

My village stream has almost a 90 degree slope and steep about a 100 feet downwards within a very short horizontal distance. It requires a brave heart to descend and ascend!

So on hands and knees, we crept down hills to the river. Arinze quickly helped us filled our jerry cans. Climbing back up, every spirit of adventure was vanished! See bickering, murmuring, crying and other home kids laughing at us. Free drama for them, and to add to it, we were speaking I'm "unusual tongues". Lol

Immediately, we got up, Arinze asked if we could trace back our way home (he probably had sensed it will take us two hours to get back, and we had disorganized his daily routine). With a few uncertain nodes and yes guesses, he hurried out leaving us to our fates.

Very long journey home, But to cut the long story short, we got home at 1pm that day. We had circled the almost the whole village before we got back hungry, bare footed, sun-burnt, abandoned water cans, scratches on the skin when we followed a bush part while tracing our way. My mum and aunt had taken foods in food boxes to look for us down to the stream with non of us with a trace. Every one worried and waiting. When we returned, we were celebrated like "Prodigal Sons".

Well, we went back to the stream on regular bases (we negotiate with mumsy the day to go and the day not to). Her philosophy being that "Practice makes perfect". I love that lady! Haha. Today, I look back and am happy for all those training years smiley

@ Flyca, this is really hilarious...lol @ being celebrated like prodigal sons after roaming round d village.
Well, maybe d next place to take d boys in my post to is village o this december, I bet they'll end up in okija Shrine, even d idols will pity them.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Man Buried Girlfriend From Neck Downwards In A Hole He Made In His Yard [photos] / Sex Education in the Family. / Most Heart-touching Life Experience Your Parents Ever Shared With You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.