Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,728 members, 7,816,990 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:22 PM

How Lagos Spent N160 Bn World Bank Loan – Fashola - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Lagos Spent N160 Bn World Bank Loan – Fashola (18832 Views)

Senate Approves Edo $75m World Bank Loan / 1 Dollar = 1 Naira: Buhari Approves An Exchange Rate Of N160 To $1 / Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Reconstruction To Cost N160.7bn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Lagos Spent N160 Bn World Bank Loan – Fashola by deletrue: 12:21pm On Oct 20, 2014
ayusco85:

i no get bad mouth. i said the obvious. abi lie dey the comment? undecided
No lie at all
Re: How Lagos Spent N160 Bn World Bank Loan – Fashola by elohorayodele: 12:22pm On Oct 20, 2014
manutdadex:
if lagos is borrowing dat amount frm world bank to provide street lights, wat hapnd to all d internally generated revenue? Moreova d lekki exp road and lightin is financd by banks who will collect tolls frm dat raod! Lagos has d best tax system in d country and yet they borrow N160b!!! Hmmmm!

Governor must be daft to mention Lekki-Epe exp way. This is a road where Lagosians pay toll to LCC who provide street lights. Same LCC that's definitely owned by Tinubu n his fellow APC cronies. Fashola abeg talk true. If I hear say after 8 years you are not a billionaire.

1 Like

Re: How Lagos Spent N160 Bn World Bank Loan – Fashola by General2: 12:22pm On Oct 20, 2014
MUST READ/WATCH: PDP FOR YOU BLOCK HEADS!!! Angry Wike turns against PDP, urges Aluu to vote out Jonathan • Naija Center News

http://www.naijacenter.com/politics/video-angry-wike-turns-pdp-urges-aluu-vote-jonathan/
Re: How Lagos Spent N160 Bn World Bank Loan – Fashola by kennytidistar(m): 12:22pm On Oct 20, 2014
story to the gods. bloody scammer. give us breakdown we want figures not just story, and mind you those who requested are the mases because they pay for every thing on pay as you go basis including the use of roads, lekki epe express road chei
this governor na big thief.

1 Like

Re: How Lagos Spent N160 Bn World Bank Loan – Fashola by Omotolashy: 12:28pm On Oct 20, 2014
I dont knw why some ppl can't thinks, instead dey will start a political debate.

Atleast Lagos State is doing something dat is visible. Tell me as PDP / Drunken Master fulfilled anything instead he keep selling government property, giving unaccountable report, disgracing us internationally and doing policy dat as never work e.g. Subsidy, NEPA failure, Transportation Failure... Wat else do u need to be convinced.

I pray God will Open our eyes to see d truth.

1 Like

Re: How Lagos Spent N160 Bn World Bank Loan – Fashola by ayusco85(m): 12:31pm On Oct 20, 2014
deletrue:
No lie at all

u wise
Re: How Lagos Spent N160 Bn World Bank Loan – Fashola by tplacid: 12:32pm On Oct 20, 2014
Summary: Fashola borrowed N160 billion for installing streetlights in SOME locations in Lagos.
Deduction: The internally generated revenue of over N20 billion monthly in Lagos is not sufficient enough to fund installation of streetlights in SOME locations in Lagos.

We need to realise that they are all one and the same, Fashola or GEJ, Buhari or OBJ, APC and PDP members, just a group of individuals that can't move us forward as people.

The change we need is almost here, I can feel it, I can see it, all that we require is a little more patience, hope and holding strongly to the rope of God.
Re: How Lagos Spent N160 Bn World Bank Loan – Fashola by Odunharry(m): 12:33pm On Oct 20, 2014
Intelligent
Re: How Lagos Spent N160 Bn World Bank Loan – Fashola by sublimes: 12:34pm On Oct 20, 2014
160bn Naira for projects that do not have a direct impact on the people! What's the use of street lights for jobless youths? Moreover, the people are still paying for the use of these facilities, I think I will be more interested in knowing what value has the projects impacted on the lives of lagosians and the sufferings it has ameliorated.
Re: How Lagos Spent N160 Bn World Bank Loan – Fashola by Odunharry(m): 12:35pm On Oct 20, 2014
since2005:
[size=35pt]Just imagine my boyfriend owns that sum of money[/size]

ooops
na wah 4 u o.....u know pray make u get that kind money na ur bfwnd..u tink he will spend it on u?wat if he dumps u 2mao?
Re: How Lagos Spent N160 Bn World Bank Loan – Fashola by PointB: 12:35pm On Oct 20, 2014
Lol, this is FRAUD at it peak!

All those items mentioned by Saint Fashola couldn have been covered spending less than N20Billion. How about over N12B in Federal Allocation and over N35 Billion in IGR monthly? Is Fashola talking to kids?

Fashola and Thiefnu.bu should come up with better explanation on how they are bleeding Lagos to death!

1 Like

Re: How Lagos Spent N160 Bn World Bank Loan – Fashola by Nobody: 12:39pm On Oct 20, 2014
sublimes:
160bn Naira for projects that do not have a direct impact on the people! What's the use of street lights for jobless youths? Moreover, the people are still paying for the use of these facilities, I think I will be more interested in knowing what value has the projects impacted on the lives of lagosians and the sufferings it has ameliorated.

So do your prefer fayose's stomach infrastructure? Would you prefer it if the 160billion was spent on rice, palm oil, cows, garri and plantain to be distributed to lagosians

1 Like

Re: How Lagos Spent N160 Bn World Bank Loan – Fashola by jaydee87(m): 12:41pm On Oct 20, 2014
Fashola is trying but he can't please all of us cos as u please some u displease others..
but really we know his trying at least that's how I feel..
Re: How Lagos Spent N160 Bn World Bank Loan – Fashola by sheffyUTD(m): 12:45pm On Oct 20, 2014
I love this guy. Bold, smart and logical.

I love bold people!
Re: How Lagos Spent N160 Bn World Bank Loan – Fashola by jaydee87(m): 12:46pm On Oct 20, 2014
PointB:
Lol, this is FRAUD at it peak!

All those items mentioned by Saint Fashola couldn have been covered spending less than N20Billion. How about over N12B in Federal Allocation and over N35 Billion in IGR monthly? Is Fashola talking to kids?

Fashola and Thiefnu.bu should come up with better explanation on how they are bleeding Lagos to death!
pointb roads inclusive..... and are u aware that fedgovt received from the igr too. I Dont see fraud...
Re: How Lagos Spent N160 Bn World Bank Loan – Fashola by sampark201: 12:46pm On Oct 20, 2014
This one an story for the Gods jare... that one no mean say when them wan pay debt back them go use we way dey inside Lagos pay am .. So no wahala ...?
Re: How Lagos Spent N160 Bn World Bank Loan – Fashola by Nobody: 12:50pm On Oct 20, 2014
approximately $1Billion dollar pere. Hmmm, some children's lives have been mortgaged.
Re: How Lagos Spent N160 Bn World Bank Loan – Fashola by anonimi: 12:51pm On Oct 20, 2014
mcpat:
I dont care if he spends #200bn, all i care about is that kamoru gets free ride to a state owned school every morning looking smart in his new uniform and nice bag..before fashola kamoru never knew what the four walls of a classroom looks like

Do you care how many kamorus are out of school and may become area boys and armed robbers that will oblige us to continue living in self-imposed prisons that we call homes
Re: How Lagos Spent N160 Bn World Bank Loan – Fashola by Nobody: 12:52pm On Oct 20, 2014
sampark201:
This one an story for the Gods jare... that one no mean say when them wan pay debt back them go use we way dey inside Lagos pay am .. So no wahala ...?
off course, if you don't pay back...your children would in form of tax. Borrowing is not free, banks are out there to make profits...anyway, at least the money is being spent on a good course, hopefully.
Re: How Lagos Spent N160 Bn World Bank Loan – Fashola by Ybholy(m): 12:52pm On Oct 20, 2014
So this KIND money dey this country . . . . . . .
Re: How Lagos Spent N160 Bn World Bank Loan – Fashola by ibedun: 12:54pm On Oct 20, 2014
[size=18pt]All these criticism and abuse of Fashola and Tinubu by people whose region and governance belongs to the dark ages. [/size]

3 Likes

Re: How Lagos Spent N160 Bn World Bank Loan – Fashola by pheesayor(m): 1:09pm On Oct 20, 2014
“What the voodoo economists will not tell you is that N51 billion of certified works, done on Federal Government Roads by the Lagos State Government, is owed to our Government by the Federal Government and is not yet paid. If we had N51 billion, what we would borrow will be reduced by that amount.

If they take up projects, like rehabilitating the expansion joints on the bridges built in Lagos when she was the Federal capital, our burden will reduce. If they provide electricity to schools and hospitals, the cost of Government will reduce.

“Whatever the case, let me assure you that your state can repay every debt that she has contracted; in order to provide services for you. This year our 2009 bond for N50 Billion fell due for repayment.

That paragraph is for people like you

mikeson12:

Yea,Fashola is working.He is busy borrowing money here and there,thats what I call "Hardwork"
Re: How Lagos Spent N160 Bn World Bank Loan – Fashola by iyaniwura1: 1:20pm On Oct 20, 2014
manutdadex:
if lagos is borrowing dat amount frm world bank to provide street lights, wat hapnd to all d internally generated revenue? Moreova d lekki exp road and lightin is financd by banks who will collect tolls frm dat raod! Lagos has d best tax system in d country and yet they borrow N160b!!! Hmmmm!

For deceitful purpose, you quoted only the part that suited your point. Where have you put capital projects (railway, 10-lane roads etc) he mentioned. People like you and those you support are exactly who we don't want handling affairs of this country. Not at this time, Not forever.
Re: How Lagos Spent N160 Bn World Bank Loan – Fashola by 9jauk: 1:26pm On Oct 20, 2014
Fashola is a saint....ruthless looters,this APC should be hold responsible for this damage!!!

CHAI Tinubu and Fashola finish Lagos

1 Like

Re: How Lagos Spent N160 Bn World Bank Loan – Fashola by iyaniwura1: 1:26pm On Oct 20, 2014
Firefire:
Where is the WHOLE money

Is all the money utilized for the project

Judgment days are coming soon...

APC Lagos should give us the result of their stewardship for the past 15 Years in Lagos. {AD => AC=> ACN => APC} Fashola should not

make a colloquial statement on spending, debt, bond and loan but he should explain in details how they manage the resources and allocations

to the last kobo.

Then we can assumed them to be progressive

Have you been to or do you stay in Lagos? Do you know what Lagos was like before 1998? If yes to all, you need to see a doctor, maybe he can help you see what finances are being used for in the state.

1 Like

Re: How Lagos Spent N160 Bn World Bank Loan – Fashola by mcpat(m): 1:27pm On Oct 20, 2014
anonimi:

Do you care how many kamorus are out of school and may become area boys and armed robbers that will oblige us to continue living in self-imposed prisons that we call homes
the more reason am glad he goes to school.. If kamoru no longer has time for his friend Adelaja and eventually Ade sees him going to school everyday he will cry till his grandma drags him to Kamoru's school and guess what it is FREE.. Mind you i am neither pro-APC nor anti AC, infact this is my first post on this niche.. My point exactly is that if fashola runs for presidency even under the umbrella of the PDP i will gladly cast my votes.. I was born, bread, buttered and beansed in Lagos and the changes we have enjoyed and still enjoying since the Barrister came into power.. We want him for a 3rd term if possible

1 Like

Re: How Lagos Spent N160 Bn World Bank Loan – Fashola by rozayx5(m): 1:28pm On Oct 20, 2014
honeric01:

Your case be like that person wey go viewing center see Barcelona vs R.Madrid with score at 0:0, yet dey ask who dey lead.

Re: How Lagos Spent N160 Bn World Bank Loan – Fashola by 9jauk: 1:29pm On Oct 20, 2014
iyaniwura1:

Have you been to or do you stay in Lagos? Do you know what Lagos was like before 1998? If yes to all, you need to see a doctor, maybe he can help you see what finances are being used for in the state.

Don't be silly Iyaniwura you think we are blind abi "

With all this your flower planting in Lagos

1 Like

Re: How Lagos Spent N160 Bn World Bank Loan – Fashola by funmeme(f): 1:30pm On Oct 20, 2014
ayusco85:
these are flashes of what to expect from an APC government? a debt ridden country? Buhari also took a loan to buy his form lipsrsealed

ask any successful company and they'll tell you that loan/debt is part of their secret of being successful. you can only achieve to an extent with your personal resources....

I'm no supporter of APC OR PDP, just saying what works.

Regards.

1 Like

Re: How Lagos Spent N160 Bn World Bank Loan – Fashola by Omimah: 1:36pm On Oct 20, 2014
ayusco85:
these are flashes of what to expect from an APC government? a debt ridden country? Buhari also took a loan to buy his form lipsrsealed
How I wish you could be fair to yourself, the bottom line here is ACCOUNTABILITY.
Re: How Lagos Spent N160 Bn World Bank Loan – Fashola by perfectcrush(m): 1:39pm On Oct 20, 2014
Just imagine d all praised fashola with dis kind fundz mata, how abt odas wen dey accredit "bad"? Nigeria is in deep shiiit
Re: How Lagos Spent N160 Bn World Bank Loan – Fashola by kingingkinging: 1:42pm On Oct 20, 2014
veraponpo:

The heading is misleading.

Note that LASG does not owe world bank 160bn. This amount is the summation of all the external and internal debts including the world bank, bond, etc.

He has also explained that of this amount #51bn is due to be repaid by FG, #82bn is already in the conservative account making #133bn. The balance is #27bn.

This means before Fashola leaves office he would have kept sufficient amount in the account for the repayment of the bond because the commisioner for finance of the state has once said about 15% of the IGR goes into an annuity account for debt repayment .

Fashola is the best. Haters can go and die( in the words of Oshio Baba)

Perfect analysis.

You got it right. some people needs hand-out for everything.

We deserve the leaders we get at times. They will leave Fayemi and pick Fayose (the gov that eats Boli( boiled plantain) with you, the gov that drinks agbo jedi ( pile herbs ) with you, etc. he lack all the ethics of a leader yet they will cry he is bad after 2 years in office. They would have forgotten that they did not encourage the Fayemis, Fasholas, Aregbesolas, Oshiomoles, etc of this world.

South west be wise, they will come back to abuse youuuuuu

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigeria Will Evacuate Nationals If South Africa Attacks Worsen – Minister / Okorocha Receives Osinbajo In Imo State (Photos) / Coalition For Nigeria Movement: Obasanjo's Full Statement During Registration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.