Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,088 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:26 AM

Download Lagos Street Maps On Your Phone - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Download Lagos Street Maps On Your Phone (38112 Views)

How To Solve Google Maps Not Working After Symbian Belle Update. / Garmin Nigeria Topographical And Street Maps / Download Nigeria City Maps On Your Mobile Phone - no browsing fees. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Download Lagos Street Maps On Your Phone by sinelimit: 2:18pm On Nov 14, 2008
To download the Street Maps of Lagos on your phone, simply start a new sms, type the keyword 'Map', leave a space, type the Location you want. Send your message to 35143.

E.g. Map VictoriaIsland

Map ObalendeIkoyi

Other areas includes: Lagos Island, Obalende, Ikoyi, Egbeda, Alimoso, Idimu, Oregun,Opebi, Ojodu, Magodo, Olowora, Iseri Oke, MKO Garden, Ikeja, Opebi, Ikeja GRA, Adekunle, Agidingbi, Festac Town, Lekki, Ogba, Ogba Aguda, Victoria Island,Mile 12, Ikosi Ketu, Ketu, Ojota, Ogudu, Okota, Mushin, Aguda_Surulere, Oshodi, Surulere, Maryland, Mende, Anthony, Itire, Idi Araba, Isolo, Ilasamaja, Ishagatedo, Ilupeju, Obanikoro, Pedro, Bariga, Onipanu, Abule Okuta, Papa Ajao, Mushin, Oshodi, Orile Oshodi, Shogunle, Mafoluku, Apapa, Ajegunle, Satellite Town, Oluti, Gbagada, Oworonsoki, Ogudu, Ejigbo, Ayobo, Ikotun, Egbe, Dopemu, Amukoko, Alaba, Coker, Iju Ishaga, Fagba, Akesan, Egan, Igando, FHA Estate, Suberu Oje, Oke Odo, Abule Egba, Command, Ipaja, Ilapo, Ikola, Ilupeju, Ebute Metta, Oyingbo.

Coming up:Epe,Ikorodu,Ajah,Badagry and other states.

Helplines(sms only): 08033002599
[b]www.sinelimit.com
seni@sinelimit.com

100 naira per downloads. Please note your phone must be Java and GPRS enable

Available on Glo,MTN, Starcomms and Zain.

Re: Download Lagos Street Maps On Your Phone by kidgenious(m): 9:31am On Dec 06, 2008
@sinelimit,
how successful do u think dis application is gonna be.u pay b4 u get d link to download d software,then u pay to connect it to gprs network,then u pay again for each information u received.y not just give d application free n sort out payment options wit d network.cos there's a lot of discouragement already.n i dnt think i can waste my money on sumtin so discouraging.just my thot.

2 Likes

Re: Download Lagos Street Maps On Your Phone by Nobody: 11:09am On Dec 06, 2008
Not successful . I think it's another avenue to siphon money from us.it would have been better if it was a app[client] then connects to the server database and retrieve the requested map.also since when do you have to that much for a map.also what format will be map.i guessing in picture format.if so no thanks i'd rather continue with nokia map.its way better and cheaper.

1 Like

Re: Download Lagos Street Maps On Your Phone by adewsteve: 12:00pm On Dec 06, 2008
lolz, mr map b careful, tell us to send sms while u know u tryin to fraud us
Re: Download Lagos Street Maps On Your Phone by sinelimit: 2:08pm On Dec 06, 2008
@sinelimit,
how successful do u think this application is going to be.u pay before u get d link to download d software,then u pay to connect it to gprs network,then u pay again for each information u received.y not just give d application free n sort out payment options wit d network.because there's a lot of discouragement already.n i dnt think i can waste my money on sumtin so discouraging.just my thot.
[quote][/quote]

Sir,

All details have been noted, and we'll quickly work on your suggestion, meanwhile we'll review the amount we are presently charging as well. But sincerely, it's not in anyway meant to defraud you, we are presently working on having the apps download straight to your phone instead of sending a link for you to download from, by next Tuesday, evryting would have been sorted out.

Thank you.
Re: Download Lagos Street Maps On Your Phone by Nobody: 2:23pm On Dec 06, 2008
If you're for real.then here's some suggestions.you could make it a java software that way.it wouldn't be platform dependent. As for billing you could partner with a network[mtn or glo].in the software maps to download will be included.then when a customer pays for a map.gprs will then send it to its app.then as long as one pays for a certain map he can download as many times but only of that certain map. Pc guru has spoken.
Re: Download Lagos Street Maps On Your Phone by sinelimit: 2:56pm On Dec 06, 2008
pc guru:

If you're for real.then here's some suggestions.you could make it a java software that way.it wouldn't be platform dependent. As for billing you could partner with a network[mtn or glo].in the software maps to download will be included.then when a customer pays for a map.gprs will then send it to its app.then as long as one pays for a certain map he can download as many times but only of that certain map. Pc guru has spoken.

The apps is actually a Java apps, n it's been deployed on Cellulant server, and like I said earlier, we have already started working on the suggestion you've given, i mean dat's wat i'm doin right now, to have the apps on ur phone directly, instead of having the link, Thank you to much, maybe we can have a one-on-one discussion right now, give mii ur yahoo! emaill addy, let's chat!
Re: Download Lagos Street Maps On Your Phone by dragnet: 3:08pm On Dec 06, 2008
I know my ghetto aint on that map ! undecided

newaz, good job smiley . . .but keep in mind that the cheaper it is the better for all wink
Re: Download Lagos Street Maps On Your Phone by sinelimit: 4:13pm On Dec 06, 2008
dragnet:

I know my ghetto aint on that map ! undecided

newaz, good job smiley . . .but keep in mind that the cheaper it is the better for all wink

All noted right away, and negociating wit the networks,
Re: Download Lagos Street Maps On Your Phone by naijafan(m): 6:03pm On Dec 06, 2008
maps at 100 naira and you guys are complaining? This isnt google maps or something. much work went into making it possible. Plus, its ad-free. Just my thots.

I dont think its sinelimit's business if GPRS is expensive in the country. that's a problem with the networks. i guess you should be able to type out the download url on your computer then transfer the .jar to your phone afterwards for installation. Sinelimit am i right?

if that's not the case, then work towards it. there are numerous ways to ensure that every mobile the application is installed on pays for its use. or what's IMEI for? wink
Re: Download Lagos Street Maps On Your Phone by sinelimit: 7:00pm On Dec 06, 2008
naijafan:

maps at 100 naira and you guys are complaining? This isnt google maps or something. much work went into making it possible. Plus, its ad-free. Just my Thoughts.

I don't think its sinelimit's business if GPRS is expensive in the country. that's a problem with the networks. i guess you should be able to type out the download url on your computer then transfer the .jar to your phone afterwards for installation. Sinelimit am i right?

if that's not the case, then work towards it. there are numerous ways to ensure that every mobile the application is installed on pays for its use. or what's IMEI for? wink

Thank you for pointing out the problem we actually face in paying so much to get connected on the networks, I'm so sure that there are several guys out dere that has enough apps that they intend deploying but couldnt do so becos of the cost u have to pay the wireless service providers, as well as the amount each network collect for connection on their server.

We are have noted all the suggestion and complaint, and the truth is we are already a step towards working on all ur suggestions, Thank you so very much, no matter wat u advise us right now, it's all to make it better, thx u, !
Re: Download Lagos Street Maps On Your Phone by DualCore1: 7:07pm On Dec 06, 2008
only Lagos? Port Harcourt nko?  undecided
aight u think cuzz we're mil1tantz, we don't need to find our way around these white men's cribs, right?  tongue
Re: Download Lagos Street Maps On Your Phone by naijafan(m): 7:24pm On Dec 06, 2008
Dual Core:

only Lagos? Port Harcourt nko?  undecided
aight u think cuzz we're mil1tantz, we don't need to find our way around these white men's cribs, right?  tongue

lol cheesy
Re: Download Lagos Street Maps On Your Phone by labiyemmy(m): 7:32pm On Dec 06, 2008
whats the point paying 100Naira for only Lagos state map when we have over 160 cities all for 50 Naira?

Visit - www. ceaser-web. com for details.

Remember the guys who gave the first ever navigation maps for the entire Naigeria? down to 160 cities with street level details?

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=156651.msg2950289#msg2950289

You can get the street maps in Java applet formats as well. Remember we also gave it for free sometimes ago?

common - wise up.
Re: Download Lagos Street Maps On Your Phone by sinelimit: 7:48pm On Dec 06, 2008
@labiyemmy:

whats the point paying 100Naira for only Lagos state map when we have over 160 cities all for 50 Naira?

Visit - www. ceaser-web. com for details.

Remember the guys who gave the first ever navigation maps for the entire Naigeria? down to 160 cities with street level details?

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=156651.msg2950289#msg2950289

You can get the street maps in Java applet formats as well. Remember we also gave it for free sometimes ago?

common - wise up.

Thank you sir for that, it was becos we culdnt get any userfriendly map around Lagos that we had to create this one, however, the free version we got was Epe and when we visited ur office, on Allen Aven.,Lagos to see how we culd work wit u or buy a ma to work with from u, u said to have the entire map of Lagos on the phone cost 5,000 naira!!! we tot we culd give naija ppl sumtin cheaper and userfriendly, however, we culdnt go as low as 50 naira that we wanted to stay at, cos of the percentage been deducted by the networks, but then we are going to work mo on the suggestions we have been given by all the wonderful people in here.

Meanwhile, my other bro, we are already working on PH,Abuja and Kaduna, but wanted to use Lagos as a test run, now we knw wat 9jas wants, n we are goin to give them a userfriendly version all thru, thx u, more comments pls,
Re: Download Lagos Street Maps On Your Phone by DualCore1: 7:50pm On Dec 06, 2008
labiyemmi my map enemy  grin
hmmm, how on earth did u choose to come to this page today when a map thread was open.
or u've been monitoring the section undergound?

P.S: wen i first saw this thread, first thing i said in ma mind was "that labiyemmy dude" grin

Sinelimit, meet labi. Labi meet sinelimit.
your two are of the same niche, so let the competition begin.

Guys, we'll go with the lowest bidder.
as it stands now we're at N50
sinelimit, u'll have to beat labi by going lower  grin grin

**grabs seat and pop corn**
Re: Download Lagos Street Maps On Your Phone by sinelimit: 8:30pm On Dec 06, 2008
Dual Core:

labiyemmi my map enemy grin
hmmm, how on earth did u choose to come to this page today when a map thread was open.
or u've been monitoring the section undergound?

P.S: when i first saw this thread, first thing i said in ma mind was "that labiyemmy dude" grin

Sinelimit, meet labi. Labi meet sinelimit.
your two are of the same niche, so let the competition begin.

Guys, we'll go with the lowest bidder.
as it stands now we're at N50
sinelimit, u'll have to beat labi by going lower grin grin

**grabs seat and pop corn**

It's not bout the price, sincerely, has any1 downloaded the free map that they gave out free? So sure u wont find it interactive, besides it's the map of EPE, this was the kind of products that oyinbos have given us that we are tired of, and that's wat has encouraged sinelimit to create this apps, and we are already workin on better version for d people,
Re: Download Lagos Street Maps On Your Phone by stancozy(m): 9:49pm On Dec 06, 2008
Labiyemmi Vs Sinelimits, N.B: labiyemmi realy is ahead, cos 1;price, 2; wider coverage!! grin
Re: Download Lagos Street Maps On Your Phone by bydot1(m): 11:15pm On Dec 06, 2008
starting to like this! grin
@topic, how much 'll it cost me if i send an sms to dat number
Re: Download Lagos Street Maps On Your Phone by naijafan(m): 5:26pm On Dec 07, 2008
sinelimit:

It's not bout the price, sincerely, has anyone downloaded the free map that they gave out free? So sure u wont find it interactive, besides it's the map of EPE, this was the kind of products that oyinbos have given us that we are tired of, and that's what has encouraged sinelimit to create this apps, and we are already workin on better version for d people,

Mr Sinelimit, you dont have to bad talk Labi's maps just because you are in the same market with him. I've tried out his maps and I'm sorry to say this but there's turn by turn navigation with perfect integration with GPS enabled handsets. I've not tried yours but if that falls short beyond your definition of interactive, then please tell us what yours can do. wink
Re: Download Lagos Street Maps On Your Phone by labiyemmy(m): 7:36pm On Dec 07, 2008
Peeps - thanks a lot. No need to trade banters. The products speaks for themselves.

The downloadable sample online which is referred to as the EPE map is a navigation map with spoken turn by turn directions, for use on PDAs, or pther phones with integrated or non integrated GPS module - the sample is just for anyone interested to see how it works before deciding to buy for the entire country or not - there is a big gap between simple interactive map - java midlets, and maps that run on powerful algorithms to display route, search streets, search points of interests and route between - my boy with few knowledge in Java midlet can write a java application to do interactive map searches in max two months- however, it takes a team of developers a minimum five years to come with navigable phone map products - we have the interactive maps as well, and this is what we call MOBYMAP.

@Dual Core - whats up.

The maps now works on symbian phones with GPS integrated - e.g. N95, N71, Nokia communicator and many more - the other day, one of our clients was able to navigate himself from Warri to Abuja on his phone, another wrote us commending us because he was able to navigate himself from Abuja to his house in Oturkpo, Benue State, all on his phone -

So, there is a whole lot of gap between simple interactive phone maps and sophisticated maps with D'Prist algorithms for network navigation.
Re: Download Lagos Street Maps On Your Phone by BossTtdiamonds(m): 11:31pm On Dec 07, 2008
. . . . . . . . . .tried usin it . . .bt didnt work 4 me . .
Re: Download Lagos Street Maps On Your Phone by naijafan(m): 2:45am On Dec 08, 2008
@labiyemmy:

however, it takes a team of developers a minimum five years to come with navigable phone map products

haba. . . lazy developers that is. . . right?
Re: Download Lagos Street Maps On Your Phone by Nobody: 8:21am On Dec 08, 2008
I don't mind using more than 1 app as far as they work. I think you 2 are gonna make it big.cuz this niche(map segment) market is few.now i can track chics house.wait when you say map. Does it show streets.
Re: Download Lagos Street Maps On Your Phone by labiyemmy(m): 10:19am On Dec 08, 2008
naijafan:

haba. . . lazy developers that is. . . right?

Not lazy developers - from the time Bill Gates developed the first version of the PC operating system till now - how many years do you reckon? Is it a matter of laziness or a matter of improving and improving and adding more features?
Re: Download Lagos Street Maps On Your Phone by texazzpete(m): 11:50am On Dec 08, 2008
@labiyemmy
I think it's time i started encouraging your work. Oya, how much can i get the N95 version for? I need complete maps for Lagos & Port Harcourt as a minimum.
Re: Download Lagos Street Maps On Your Phone by labiyemmy(m): 9:31am On Dec 09, 2008
texazzpete:

@labiyemmy
I think it's time i started encouraging your work. Oya, how much can i get the N95 version for? I need complete maps for Lagos & Port Harcourt as a minimum.

Tex my guy

the entire street level navigable version for symbian phones goes for 20k - but, get it for 15k - You wont beleive it when you have it.

People, dont confuse this with the Java interactive maps in any way.
Re: Download Lagos Street Maps On Your Phone by dragnet: 11:37am On Dec 09, 2008
mMm . . .@labiyemmy you still didnt answer that question that turned ur thread into a wwf royal rumble grin grin . .newaz its nice to have u bk smiley
Re: Download Lagos Street Maps On Your Phone by naijafan(m): 12:27am On Dec 11, 2008
@labiyemmy:

Not lazy developers - from the time Bill Gates developed the first version of the PC operating system till now - how many years do you reckon? Is it a matter of laziness or a matter of improving and improving and adding more features?

lol, ok. so it took microsoft over 20 years to come up with windows vista? i dont get your point exactly. its not like they had a project plan for windows vista in 1980.

you specifically mentioned what the developers are meant to achieve.
@labiyemmy:

my boy with few knowledge in Java midlet can write a java application to do interactive map searches in max two months- however, it takes a team of developers a minimum five years to come with navigable phone map products - we have the interactive maps as well, and this is what we call MOBYMAP.

that's a project with a perfect definition. believe me, if the roadmap spells 5 years, i'll layoff the project manager immediately. not with the resources available right now. you can purchase maps, you dont have to redraw everything. GIS APIs and plugins are readily available for purchase to use with your favourite development environment. . . GPS APIs as well.

It may have taken you 5 years to get there, of course . . . 2008 and 2003 don't sound alike. But for a team starting now, I'd say it should take 5 to 8 months to come up with a professionally done application that targets .NET based devices (windows mobile) as that is where my strength lies at the moment.

That invalidates your statement as it was made in the year 2008. Not five years ago wink
Re: Download Lagos Street Maps On Your Phone by naijafan(m): 12:40am On Dec 11, 2008
just to add. . .

texazzpete once said that it took apple 6 years to perfect the finger touch based input system on the iPhone. . .
assuming Nokia started their R&grin machines immediately after the first iPhone's announcement, it means it took them less than 2 years to make a competing prototype, and will take less than 2.5years to finally release it to the public.

that's considering that they had to build the hardware, operating system, and adapt existing apps to run on the new OS while developing new apps specific to the device as well.

how much more a map application?
Re: Download Lagos Street Maps On Your Phone by gdi(m): 3:45pm On Dec 11, 2008
@poster

what if the maps are accessible via wap, then you find a suitable way to monetise
Re: Download Lagos Street Maps On Your Phone by labiyemmy(m): 6:02am On Dec 17, 2008
Thank you @Naijafan

I am sure we are not in the same class - so, I sure dont have time for your English.

Thank you once again, master.

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Watch Free Dstv On Andriod Device For Free / How To Identify An Original Power Bank / VERY HILARIOUS... Which Of These Would You Do First?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.