Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,160 members, 7,818,531 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:04 PM

Fulaman198,tolzeal Help Me Oh!!!!! - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Fulaman198,tolzeal Help Me Oh!!!!! (1507 Views)

Solve this / Please Help Me Oh pppplplg / See One Strange Number Calling Me Oh! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fulaman198,tolzeal Help Me Oh!!!!! by INeedHelpAsap: 12:58pm On Oct 20, 2014
I got this laptop (TOSHIBA satellite pro ) from someone on Saturday and I've been trying to switch on it's Wi-Fi but it's been futile......

Attached is a screenshot

2.)The second screenshot ? can I add extra space to the hdd,because I see other laptops with two local disk (C AND D)

3.) my charger power pack also brought out some kind of smoke,is there still a possibility of it working or not ?

Kindly help me ooo

Re: Fulaman198,tolzeal Help Me Oh!!!!! by Fulaman198(m): 1:08pm On Oct 20, 2014
INeedHelpAsap:
I got this laptop (TOSHIBA satellite pro ) from someone on Saturday and I've been trying to switch on it's Wi-Fi but it's been futile......

Attached is a screenshot

2.)The second screenshot ? can I add extra space to the hdd,because I see other laptops with two local disk (C AND D)

3.) my charger power pack also brought out some kind of smoke,is there still a possibility of it working or not ?

Kindly help me ooo

Method 1:
Step 1:

Firstly I would suggest you to turn on network discovery and check whether it helps to fix the issue. To do so, please follow the steps below:

a. Press Windows key + X and select control panel. In the search box, type network, click Network and Sharing Center, and then, in the navigation pane, click Change advanced sharing settings.
b. Click the chevron to expand the current network profile.
c. Click Turn on network discovery, and then click Save changes. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

Step 2:

Also please verify with the WLAN service is started and set to automatic, if the WLAN service is stopped,
I would suggest you to start the service and put it to automatic.

Please follow the steps to start the WLAN service.

a. Press Windows key + R and type in services.msc
b. Select WLAN Autoconfig from the list, Right click on it click on “start”.
c. If its already started I suggest you to right click on WLAN Autoconfig and click on restart.
d. Right click on WLAN Autoconfig and select properties.
e. Change the startup type to Automatic.
f. Click on Apply, Ok.

g) Restart the computer and verify if it works.

Method 2:

If the issue persists I suggest you to run the network troubleshooter to diagnose and repair any problem related to your network. You can refer to the link mentioned below for steps:

Why can’t I connect to a network?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/cant-connect-to-a-network

Method 3:

This article is designed to help you identify and fix problems with wired (Ethernet) and wireless (Wi-Fi) network connections in Windows 8.

Wired and wireless network problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows/network-connection-problem-help#network-problems=windows-8&v1h=win8tab1&v2h=win7tab1&v3h=winvistatab1&v4h=winxptab1

Please kindly let me know if things are still not working for you and we shall proceed.
Re: Fulaman198,tolzeal Help Me Oh!!!!! by INeedHelpAsap: 2:01pm On Oct 20, 2014
Fulaman198:

Method 1:
Step 1:

Firstly I would suggest you to turn on network discovery and check whether it helps to fix the issue. To do so, please follow the steps below:

a. Press Windows key + X and select control panel. In the search box, type network, click Network and Sharing Center, and then, in the navigation pane, click Change advanced sharing settings.
b. Click the chevron to expand the current network profile.
c. Click Turn on network discovery, and then click Save changes. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

Step 2:

Also please verify with the WLAN service is started and set to automatic, if the WLAN service is stopped,
I would suggest you to start the service and put it to automatic.

Please follow the steps to start the WLAN service.

a. Press Windows key + R and type in services.msc
b. Select WLAN Autoconfig from the list, Right click on it click on “start”.
c. If its already started I suggest you to right click on WLAN Autoconfig and click on restart.
d. Right click on WLAN Autoconfig and select properties.
e. Change the startup type to Automatic.
f. Click on Apply, Ok.

g) Restart the computer and verify if it works.

Method 2:

If the issue persists I suggest you to run the network troubleshooter to diagnose and repair any problem related to your network. You can refer to the link mentioned below for steps:

Why can’t I connect to a network?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/cant-connect-to-a-network

Method 3:

This article is designed to help you identify and fix problems with wired (Ethernet) and wireless (Wi-Fi) network connections in Windows 8.

Wired and wireless network problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows/network-connection-problem-help#network-problems=windows-8&v1h=win8tab1&v2h=win7tab1&v3h=winvistatab1&v4h=winxptab1

Please kindly let me know if things are still not working for you and we shall proceed.

I've done the above sir Method 1 (both steps),Still not connecting, I can't even See any available Wi-Fi network

I also ran the network troubleshooter but it keeps on asking for the connection of an Ethernet cable

a friend said something about drivers.....I'm seriously confused
Re: Fulaman198,tolzeal Help Me Oh!!!!! by Fulaman198(m): 2:29pm On Oct 20, 2014
INeedHelpAsap:

I've done the above sir Method 1 (both steps),Still not connecting, I can't even See any available Wi-Fi network

I also ran the network troubleshooter but it keeps on asking for the connection of an Ethernet cable

a friend said something about drivers.....I'm seriously confused

Ok go to control panel, go to device manager. In the device manager look for network adapters. Select network adapters and select your wireless network adapter. Right click on it, select properties and click on update driver. What does it tell you?
Re: Fulaman198,tolzeal Help Me Oh!!!!! by INeedHelpAsap: 11:39am On Oct 21, 2014
Fulaman198:

Ok go to control panel, go to device manager. In the device manager look for network adapters. Select network adapters and select your wireless network adapter. Right click on it, select properties and click on update driver. What does it tell you?
Sir,I saw realtek.RTI8102E/RTL8203E FAMILY PCI -E Fast Ethernet nic.(NDIS 6.20), it says driver software up to date...

There's another section that says Network controller, No driver found
Re: Fulaman198,tolzeal Help Me Oh!!!!! by Fulaman198(m): 4:53pm On Oct 21, 2014
INeedHelpAsap:

Sir,I saw realtek.RTI8102E/RTL8203E FAMILY PCI -E Fast Ethernet nic.(NDIS 6.20), it says driver software up to date...

There's another section that says Network controller, No driver found

That's the issue then, it does not sound like your 'realtek.RTI8102E/RTL8203E FAMILY PCI -E Fast Ethernet nic' is a Wireless NIC. It's meant for a wired Ethernet connection. Meaning that you would have to buy an Ethernet cable and plug it in directly to your modem or your router.
Re: Fulaman198,tolzeal Help Me Oh!!!!! by Tolzeal(m): 3:00pm On Oct 22, 2014
INeedHelpAsap:

Attached is a screenshot

Kindly help me ooo

sorry have been writing exams lately.!
to power it on try FN + the wireless key!!

let start with the that>>>>
Re: Fulaman198,tolzeal Help Me Oh!!!!! by INeedHelpAsap: 7:34pm On Oct 22, 2014
Fulaman198:

That's the issue then, it does not sound like your 'realtek.RTI8102E/RTL8203E FAMILY PCI -E Fast Ethernet nic' is a Wireless NIC. It's meant for a wired Ethernet connection. Meaning that you would have to buy an Ethernet cable and plug it in directly to your modem or your router.
thanks a lot sir for your help.....but there's a Wi-Fi led light (always switched on) amongst the "power,charging"lights....

I've even tried tethering with the USB tethering mode on my phone but "NOTHING"
Re: Fulaman198,tolzeal Help Me Oh!!!!! by INeedHelpAsap: 7:35pm On Oct 22, 2014
Tolzeal:

sorry have been writing exams lately.!
to power it on try FN + the wireless key!!

let start with the that>>>>

the Wi-Fi light is always on but no connection

"best of luck" with your exams sir
Re: Fulaman198,tolzeal Help Me Oh!!!!! by Fulaman198(m): 11:01pm On Oct 22, 2014
INeedHelpAsap:

thanks a lot sir for your help.....but there's a Wi-Fi led light (always switched on) amongst the "power,charging"lights....

I've even tried tethering with the USB tethering mode on my phone but "NOTHING"

What kind of phone do you have? USB tethering should work if you have an internet connection on your phone. Typically speaking USB tethering on some models can be blocked, also, sometimes carriers block tethering of all sorts.

If you do indeed have a Wireless NIC, it should show up in the device manager. If it is not showing up, then you need to scan the device or make sure it is properly connected in your system. By doing a simple 'ipconfig /all' in a command prompt, you should be able to see all the network cards that your PC has in its system.
Re: Fulaman198,tolzeal Help Me Oh!!!!! by INeedHelpAsap: 12:25am On Oct 23, 2014
Fulaman198:

What kind of phone do you have? USB tethering should work if you have an internet connection on your phone. Typically speaking USB tethering on some models can be blocked, also, sometimes carriers block tethering of all sorts.

If you do indeed have a Wireless NIC, it should show up in the device manager. If it is not showing up, then you need to scan the device or make sure it is properly connected in your system. By doing a simple 'ipconfig /all' in a command prompt, you should be able to see all the network cards that your PC has in its system.
I'm using a Techno android phone,I only get the ''USB install notification" even after switching "USB .tether mode on".......

I didn't see any except a "LAN card"....Thanks a lot sir

the funniest thing Is ,I can't even switch off the Wi-Fi light indicator.....

I would try using the Toshiba forum or download /install a Wi-Fi driver to see if it is going to work
Re: Fulaman198,tolzeal Help Me Oh!!!!! by Fulaman198(m): 12:42am On Oct 23, 2014
INeedHelpAsap:

I'm using a Techno android phone,I only get the ''USB install notification" even after switching "USB .tether mode on".......

I didn't see any except a "LAN card"....Thanks a lot sir

the funniest thing Is ,I can't even switch off the Wi-Fi light indicator.....

I would try using the Toshiba forum or download /install a Wi-Fi driver to see if it is going to work

I know that on my Nexus device USB tethering just works outside of the box without any special 3rd party applications needed. That may not be the case for Tecno devices. Therefore, I will link this article for you to take a look at. Please let me know if this works the way you want it to work.

http://tecnon3andriod..com/2013/06/how-to-share-tether-android-phone.html

The way it works on Android Nexus devices is that you go to Settings then "Tethering and Portable hotspot", Have your phone connected to your computer via USB port, then click on USB tethering and it should work. But that's with Nexus devices which is what my Android device is. With that said, please let me know if you are able to tether your phone following the instructions from the linked article.

Best of luck!
Re: Fulaman198,tolzeal Help Me Oh!!!!! by Fulaman198(m): 12:54am On Oct 23, 2014
Alternatively, you could also try this for tethering: http://naijalearn.com/how-to-use-tecno-n7-android-phone-as-modem-for-your-pc/
Re: Fulaman198,tolzeal Help Me Oh!!!!! by INeedHelpAsap: 10:16am On Oct 24, 2014
Fulaman198:

I know that on my Nexus device USB tethering just works outside of the box without any special 3rd party applications needed. That may not be the case for Tecno devices. Therefore, I will link this article for you to take a look at. Please let me know if this works the way you want it to work.

http://tecnon3andriod..com/2013/06/how-to-share-tether-android-phone.html

The way it works on Android Nexus devices is that you go to Settings then "Tethering and Portable hotspot", Have your phone connected to your computer via USB port, then click on USB tethering and it should work. But that's with Nexus devices which is what my Android device is. With that said, please let me know if you are able to tether your phone following the instructions from the linked article.

Best of luck!
thanks a million times sir,the USB tethering works now,thanks for the link sir....

Whew!!!,atleast I've solved one......thank you very much for your help and time

1 Like

Re: Fulaman198,tolzeal Help Me Oh!!!!! by Fulaman198(m): 5:54pm On Oct 24, 2014
INeedHelpAsap:

thanks a million times sir,the USB tethering works now,thanks for the link sir....

Whew!!!,atleast I've solved one......thank you very much for your help and time

You are welcome, what speeds are you getting?
Re: Fulaman198,tolzeal Help Me Oh!!!!! by INeedHelpAsap: 9:54am On Oct 25, 2014
Fulaman198:

You are welcome, what speeds are you getting?
I don't have an internet speed calculator right now but it's pretty fast........
Re: Fulaman198,tolzeal Help Me Oh!!!!! by Fulaman198(m): 7:00pm On Oct 25, 2014
INeedHelpAsap:

I don't have an internet speed calculator right now but it's pretty fast........

www.speedtest.net, there should be a server in Lagos that hosts speedtest, the only one I believe thus far in Nigeria which is weird.
Re: Fulaman198,tolzeal Help Me Oh!!!!! by INeedHelpAsap: 7:13pm On Oct 28, 2014
Fulaman198:

www.speedtest.net, there should be a server in Lagos that hosts speedtest, the only one I believe thus far in Nigeria which is weird.
sir the wifi works now,i got the realtek wifi driver

1 Like

Re: Fulaman198,tolzeal Help Me Oh!!!!! by Fulaman198(m): 8:57pm On Oct 28, 2014
INeedHelpAsap:

sir the wifi works now,i got the realtek wifi driver

Congrats
Re: Fulaman198,tolzeal Help Me Oh!!!!! by INeedHelpAsap: 9:42am On Oct 30, 2014
Fulaman198:

Congrats
yes sir...thanks a lot

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

5 Slangs/acronyms A Unilorin Student Must Know / How To Get Back The Normal Facebook App On Blackberry / Error 170 In Mmm...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.