Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,320 members, 7,819,092 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:05 AM

Apc And Presidential Candidate Problem - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Apc And Presidential Candidate Problem (1020 Views)

APC Youths Begin Intense Lobby For Ministerial, Governorship And Presidential A / APC Drops Buhari & Picks Tambuwal As Presidential Candidate? / Parliamentary And Presidential System Of Government In West Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Apc And Presidential Candidate Problem by NosaHenry(m): 9:34am On Oct 21, 2014
In a short while it will be 2015, an electioneering year across the political spectrum of Nigeria. However, i have watched with dismay the ongoing jostles within the opposition party APC, the two front runners that are visible for the presidential ticket seems to be Buhari and Atiku. These are two spent forces that i personally do not think have the capacity and capability to match the incumbent president - Ebele Jonathan. It is ironic for people to think of doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different result. Even a blind man can see that there is no way any of this two can garner the required number of votes to upset current political equation in the country.
To my mind the only viable and visible personality within the rank and file of APC that can give Jonathan a good run for his money is the current Gov of Lagos state - Fashola. If APC hope to make impact in the forthcoming elections they just need to readjust their equation strategically by fielding candidates that have wide spread appeal and not forces Nigerians do not wish to see in Aso Rock.
That is my take and opinion is solely mine. If you have contrary opinion do express it.
N.B i really wish to see a very vibrant and competitive 2015 presidential election.

1 Like

Re: Apc And Presidential Candidate Problem by sarmiie(m): 9:37am On Oct 21, 2014
Do u actually see Gov Fash winning the north??
The best APC can do is field him as a VP....

1 Like

Re: Apc And Presidential Candidate Problem by NosaHenry(m): 9:48am On Oct 21, 2014
sarmiie:

If they can look for a good northerner as his running mate, i think that will be better. The guy has the qualities Nigeria need at this period
Re: Apc And Presidential Candidate Problem by quinnboy: 10:00am On Oct 21, 2014
GMD the best pick for APC
Re: Apc And Presidential Candidate Problem by sarmiie(m): 10:23am On Oct 21, 2014
NosaHenry:

If they can look for a good northerner as his running mate, i think that will be better. The guy has the qualities Nigeria need at this period

N u honestly tink d north wld want to "settle" for ''second best"??
Re: Apc And Presidential Candidate Problem by kennyslim1(m): 10:24am On Oct 21, 2014
sarmiie:

Why won't he win in the north if buhari can team up with him? Gov. Fash is the best candidate for now in APC, while oshiomhole as his VP, field this two and see apc beating PDP hands down.
Re: Apc And Presidential Candidate Problem by kennyslim1(m): 10:25am On Oct 21, 2014
sarmiie:

N u honestly tink d north wld want to "settle" for ''second best"??

With their born-to-rule mentality...they'll keep failing over and over again!
Re: Apc And Presidential Candidate Problem by Nobody: 10:28am On Oct 21, 2014
Buhari+Atiku = Bad Market for APC. Whoever thinks that Buhari will win an election in Nigeria is just dreaming. The man na bad market
Re: Apc And Presidential Candidate Problem by sarmiie(m): 10:31am On Oct 21, 2014
kennyslim1:

With their born-to-rule mentality...they'll keep failing over and over again!

Case closed!!!
Re: Apc And Presidential Candidate Problem by sarmiie(m): 10:36am On Oct 21, 2014
kennyslim1:

Why won't he win in the north if buhari can team up with him? Gov. Fash is the best candidate for now in APC, while oshiomhole as his VP, field this two and see apc beating PDP hands down.

Buhari as vice?? Buhahahahahahahahahaha

Oshiomole as vice might nt work cause mr prez has dem SS/SE locked down tight..
Re: Apc And Presidential Candidate Problem by kennyslim1(m): 11:10am On Oct 21, 2014
sarmiie:

Buhari as vice?? Buhahahahahahahahahaha

Oshiomole as vice might nt work cause mr prez has dem SS/SE locked down tight..

Not as vice, jst work with him since they are in the same party!

(1) (Reply)

Lamido’s Chief Of Staff Resigns After 16 Years / B H: Why Don't The Army Just Give People Weapons To Protect Themselves? / A New Nigeria Is Born (picture) - Cramjones

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.