|Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New|
Stats: 2,740,155 members, 6,498,380 topics. Date: Monday, 20 September 2021 at 12:45 PM
A Wapka Account For Sale With 4 Filemanager Supported Sites On It / EXPOSED: How To Host Your Sites On A Free VPS From Amazon AWS (613mb RAM) / Why The Drudge Report Is One Of The Best Designed Sites On The Web (2) (3) (4)
|Help! I Cant Find My Sites On Google.wat Do I Do? by thegame(m): 10:14pm On Nov 14, 2008|
I hosted 2 sites and i cant find the websites when i tried searching them on google. Please i need some experienced webmasters to help me out
what do i do?
|Re: Help! I Cant Find My Sites On Google.wat Do I Do? by Glite(f): 10:30pm On Nov 14, 2008|
Did you ever submit to Google ?
|Re: Help! I Cant Find My Sites On Google.wat Do I Do? by thegame(m): 10:47pm On Nov 14, 2008|
yeah. i submitted to google. b ut i still cant find it
|Re: Help! I Cant Find My Sites On Google.wat Do I Do? by yawatide(f): 11:20pm On Nov 14, 2008|
I have never submitted by sites to google per se but they always end up in the results set within a month or 2 (all organic, not PPC). Is it possible to see your sites? Chances are you aren't feeding the google spider(s) with the right food, which boils down to your sites not showing up for any of the following reasons:
1) Non-semantic markup (a big one amongst us naija developers is using P and STRONG tags for page headers as opposed to H1, H2, H3, etc tags)
2) No page titles
3) Excessive use of tables
4) Markup that doesn't validate
5) No site map
6) You haven't registered your sites with google sitemaps
7) You don't have an xml version of your sitemap registered with google webmasters.
8 ) You just uploaded your site - Google won't find your site in 24 hours or even 96. I once did a site that took 6 months to show up on google
9) No meta tags or not enough keywords in your metatags. Also lack of a meta description.
These are just a few. Again, post your URLs. I won't go through every single instance but I will help point you, in addition to what you have above, in the right direction.
|Re: Help! I Cant Find My Sites On Google.wat Do I Do? by supernovax: 12:04am On Nov 15, 2008|
Is your site entirely flash based? if yes , this might be the cause.
Or you might just have to wait longer. Some of the sites I hosted took a little over a month before coming out in google.
|Re: Help! I Cant Find My Sites On Google.wat Do I Do? by wasco4real: 12:18am On Nov 15, 2008|
hello pls i can help you is a very simple method if you need the info pm me firstname.lastname@example.org
|Re: Help! I Cant Find My Sites On Google.wat Do I Do? by thegame(m): 2:25am On Nov 15, 2008|
my sites are actually plain htmls and i hate using tables.the lookand feel makes different browsers enemies.i had to redesign an entire site cos of this.i submitted to google, filled my title and even meta tags. iguess i m gona have to wait though
|Re: Help! I Cant Find My Sites On Google.wat Do I Do? by googleboy: 2:43am On Nov 15, 2008|
There are several reasons why your website does not show up on Google. To help you analyze your website FREE, I'll need the web address. No need to keeep guessing.
Visit my site @ www.paramountwebmasters.com or email me @ email@example.com
The fact that your website is in flash or you recently submitted to Google does not mean your website has not been indexed by Google or the main reason why you can't find your website.
|Re: Help! I Cant Find My Sites On Google.wat Do I Do? by wasco4real: 2:51am On Nov 15, 2008|
look dont bother i have an ebook on how to get indexed in google within 24 hours i belt this things work if you follow the steps of it pm my email is firstname.lastname@example.org
|Re: Help! I Cant Find My Sites On Google.wat Do I Do? by SamMilla1(m): 10:20am On Nov 16, 2008|
wait a little, google and other search engines takes about four weeks to start indexing your web pages
|Re: Help! I Cant Find My Sites On Google.wat Do I Do? by danteweb: 8:23pm On Nov 19, 2008|
O ga o!! everyone seems to be out to make a few bucks!!
Anyways my brother, its possible to get your site indexed in google in 24hrs! but 48 is a bit more realistic if you follow the steps below:
1. Make sure that what you are searching for such as the name of the company is in your title tag and in the body of your site.
2. Google spiders need a channel to get to your site through so it would be a good idea to put links on sites that get frequent google visits such as blogs and news sites. Just a few sensible comments might do.
3. Tag your site on social bookmarking sites such as delicious and blink.
4. As other people have pointed out, submit a sitemap to google using google webmaster tools and ping it. The google webmaster tools interface is pretty self explanatory.
5. Repeat steps 2 and 3 till you get results.
6. You dont need to submit your site to google.
Hope this helps,
|Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health |
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket
Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2021 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57