Stats: 3,159,022 members, 7,838,569 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 05:08 AM

Audu Ogbeh Apologizes To #bringbackourgirls Leadership Over Statement - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Audu Ogbeh Apologizes To #bringbackourgirls Leadership Over Statement (820 Views)

Akpabio's Victory: Sahara Reporters Apologizes To The Public Over False Report / Saraki Senior And Junior Screen Audu Ogbeh / Prof Achebe Supports Subsidy Removal, But Blaims Bad Leadership Over The Years (2) (3) (4)

Audu Ogbeh Apologizes To #bringbackourgirls Leadership Over Statement by expert1000: 11:59pm On Oct 21, 2014
BY OUR REPORTER ON OCTOBER 21, 2014 · NATIONAL
Former chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) and chieftain of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Chief Audu Ogbeh, has apologised to the #Bring Back Our Girls Group (#BBOG) for comments he made about it.

Ogbeh, had, while speaking at General Muhammadu Buhari’s 2015 presidential declaration, in Abuja, last week, said the #BBOG was led by members of the APC, while commending the campaigners for sustaining global attention on the missing Chibok girls.

He had stated: “We send our greetings to the Chibok parents. We believe that one day they will be reunited with their children. We commend the Bring Back Our Girls movement led by members of our party for their commitment. They remain the only living witnesses that Nigeria still has a conscience.”

Ogbeh’s speech had received condemnations, especially from members of the group.  Reacting to the comments, former Minister of Education, Mrs. Oby Ezekwesili, a leader of the group, said in Twitter message: “I take very strong exception to what is being credited to Mr. Audu Ogbeh of APC. Another tragic low in making #ChibokGirls political pawns.

“I am neither covertly or overtly a member of the APC, PDP or any other party. It is false and wrong to say @BBOG_Nigeria is led by members of the APC.”This is wot d Apc is known 4. 2many aggrieved men in Apc

Also, the Presidency said Ogbeh’s comments confirmed its suspicion that #BringBackOurGirls campaigners were working for the opposition party.

Special Adviser to the President on Media and Publicity, Dr. Reuben Abati, had stated that the roles played by an activist, Dino Melaye, and the presence of the #BringBackOurGirls campaign initiator, Hadiza Bala Usman, at Buhari’s declaration, were proofs of their agenda to politicise the abduction of the more than 200 Chibok girls.

He wrote: “Our longstanding view of BBOG movement’s hidden agenda to unseat the Jonathan administration received full justification yesterday (on Wednesday.) Roles played by Dino Melaye and the presence of BBOG’s initiator, Hadiza Bala Usman at Buhari’s declaration is proof of the true aim of politicising the agony of the Chibok girls and their families. This is now fully apparent, the true agenda and prime movers of BBOG movement.”

Apparently regretting his comments, Ogbeh, in a letter to the group, dated October 20, 2014 said he was wrong to have said that #BBOG was APC members.

His letter reads: “I feel obliged to let you know that my statement at our function last week was not intended to paint your group as an APC sub-group. This is because. From what we now know less than two per cent of the group are our party members, but members we valued highly. The rest of you are not and may not even belong to any political association whatsoever. This is not to say that you have no right to be if you choose to.

“If my  statement caused you discomfort, I do apologies, but reiterate that I have nothing but respect and admiration for you for keeping a six-month vigil and telling the world that the Nigerian conscience is not entirely dead. The world is watching us and making judgment.

Re: Audu Ogbeh Apologizes To #bringbackourgirls Leadership Over Statement by expert1000: 12:06am On Oct 22, 2014
Too many aggrieved,disgruntled and frustrated men in APC.supporters of APC party a.k.a Apc always lukin 4evry opportunity 2portary Mr Jonathan bad .Who GOD has ordained President no Bokoharam or Apc can tak it 4rm him

Re: Audu Ogbeh Apologizes To #bringbackourgirls Leadership Over Statement by sleekpro(m): 12:31am On Oct 22, 2014
According to my late dad, BR0KEN BOTTLE HAS NO MEKWANTALISM.

It has come out of your mouth, and the mouth speaketh from the hart. You were just telling the truth, as they say, "the truth is always bitter"

Its better to keep quiet than saying all this trash,

We no be fools!

That how you guys will be in confusion untill 2020, when JEG dream for nigerians, will come through!

Abeg make I see my self for fp by tomorow mroning ooh!

Make this my virl no be invain.

Re: Audu Ogbeh Apologizes To #bringbackourgirls Leadership Over Statement by hardebounty(m): 1:04am On Oct 22, 2014
sleekpro:
According to my late dad, BR0KEN BOTTLE HAS NO MEKWANTALISM.

It has come out of your mouth, and the mouth speaketh from the hart. You were just telling the truth, as they say, "the truth is always bitter"

Its better to keep quiet than saying all this trash,

We no be fools!

That how you guys will be in confusion untill 2020, when JEG dream for nigerians, will come through!

n.

God Forbid! Na only on ur Head GEJ dream go come tru..

2day kerosene has no official price »» bag of rice 12k..

I don help u dey pray GEJ/**Tan dream go come tru on ur head
Re: Audu Ogbeh Apologizes To #bringbackourgirls Leadership Over Statement by eightsin(m): 2:02am On Oct 22, 2014

90yrs-old Man & Two Pastors Face Possible Jail Time For Feeding Homeless People / Pictures: President Jonathans Presidential declaration Photo Speak / Slump In Oil Prices: A Progressive Way Out By Asiwaju Bola Tinubu