Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,593 members, 7,955,181 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 06:55 PM

Fayemi Spent N50m On Two Beds, Says Fayose (photo) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fayemi Spent N50m On Two Beds, Says Fayose (photo) (3196 Views)

Treasury Single Account Is A Fraud, Says Fayose / New INEC Chairman: Buhari Is A Sectional Leader, Says Fayose / CONFESSION: I Once Spent N50m A Day, Sex My Mother For Power - SHINA RAMBO (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fayemi Spent N50m On Two Beds, Says Fayose (photo) by Beazy(f): 5:09am On Oct 22, 2014
Ekiti State Governor, Ayodele Fayose, has accused his predecessor, Dr. Kayode Fayemi, of spending N50m on beds in his and his wife’s bedrooms in the newly built Ekiti State Government House.
He claimed in a statement made available to journalists in Ado-Ekiti on Tuesday that what was spent on the two bedrooms, their toilets and bathrooms was in the region of N100m.
The statement titled “N3.3bn new Government House Is Fayemi’s Show of Wickedness To Ekiti People,” was signed by his Special Assistant on Information and Social Media, Mr. Lere Olayinka.
But Fayemi, through his media aide, Olayinka Oyebode, said the allegation was more aboutThe Comedy of Errors.He advised Fayose to stop the theatre of absurd.
The statement by Olayinka described the new government house as an act of insensitivity to the plight of Ekiti people, many of whom, could not afford to feed once in a day.
According to the statement, no progressive-minded Ekiti person would see the “out-of-this-world luxury” provided with over N3.3bn borrowed funds for Fayemi, his wife and children and will not weep for the state and its people.
It claimed that the bed on which Fayemi slept before he left government was N30m while that of his wife was over N20m.
[/media-credit] The second bedroom
The statement read in part, “Between Fayemi and his wife, what was spent on their bedrooms, toilets and bathrooms will be in the region of N100m.
“How can a responsible government use borrowed funds to provide this kind of luxury for the governor and his family alone in a state where a lot of people cannot afford to feed more than once in a day?
“People should ask the former governor what was really wrong with the abandoned governor’s lodge used by his (Fayemi) predecessors?
“Shouldn’t such funds expended on the hilltop edifice have been used to resuscitate the moribund textile factory in Ado-Ekiti that was turned to lock-up shops to provide employment for our teeming youths?
“Also, was Fayemi living in that manner of opulence before he became governor? Was he sleeping on a body-massaging bed and bathing in an electric-controlled Jacuzzi?
“Here is Fayemi, who could not pay workers salaries, owing them two-month salaries before he left. A Fayemi, who out of sheer wickedness refused to pay pensioners N2.4bn pension and gratuities; N400m workers leave bonus, N700m subventions to parastatals and tertiary institutions and remit N2.4bn four months’ cooperative society’s deductions from workers salaries preferring to use N3.3bn borrowed funds to provide luxury for himself, his wife and children alone.
“This is wickedness!’’
The statement quoted Fayose as being alarmed at the waste of Ekiti resources to provide comfort for a single family out of the thousands of households in the state.
It added, “The governor would have preferred to sell out the property and use the fund to provide basic amenities and employment opportunities for the people.”
The statement also alleged that Fayemi was planning to buy a helicopter if he had returned to office for a second term because the plan was for him “to run government from the comfort of Oke-Ayoba Government House and move from there to anywhere he wanted without the people seeing him.”
It added, “That’s also the reason he (Fayemi) refused to renovate the Governor’s Office, leaving it in a state of disrepair because he knew that he was not going to use the office during his second term.
“Also, contract for the maintenance of the property was already awarded for N150m per annum.
“When we visited the Government House for the first time yesterday, Mr Governor was like; how I wish I can sell off this place or turn it to commercial use? It is simply wicked for a governor to be more interested in this manner of ostentatious comfort at the expense of the people.”
Fayose, according to the statement, wondered “if the late sage, Chief Obafemi Awolowo, whom Fayemi and his so-called progressives claimed as their role-model, lived in any government house, much less of building an Emperor-like house for himself.”
“Did the late Adekunle Ajasin build a monarchical government house for himself? Did Baba Lateef Jakande live in any government house? These are great Yoruba sons, who recorded landmark achievements as premier of the old Western Region and governors of Lagos State and the old Ondo State respectively.
“The duo of Ajasin and Jakande were able to impact tremendously on their states because they did not like to waste public funds on the provision of luxury for themselves.”
The statement said that “left for Governor Fayose, he won’t use that aristocratic government house because it is a symbol of oppression in itself.”
The statement added, “He(Fayose) will prefer to live where Ekiti people can easily see him, touch him, eat with him and discuss the progress of the state together.
“But abandoning it would amount to colossal waste of public funds; but Governor Fayose will not hide himself from the masses.”
Fayemi’s media aide, however dismissed the allegation by Fayose, saying “I have taken a guided tour of that place and I don’t think I have seen such an outcry.
“I don’t know where they got their figure from; it sounds absurd. I ‘ll advise them to stop this theatre of absurd. Governance is a serious business and I am appealing to them not to reduce it to a joke.
“They are turning Ekiti into a circus show and they should stop it. It is childish and puerile for them to have come up with that figure. There is nothing ostentatious about Dr. Fayemi’s lifestyle: the lodge is there as a property of the state.
“Whether Fayose stays there or not is his cup of tea. The new government house is a legacy building. Dr. Fayemi did not go with it to Isan-Ekiti; it is for the state. It is not about personal aggrandisement; it is a befitting edifice for the state. Go to other states of the federation and see their government houses. Ekiti state deserves the best.”
Source: www.punchng.com/news/fayemi-spent-n50m-on-two-beds-says-fayose/

Re: Fayemi Spent N50m On Two Beds, Says Fayose (photo) by slimfit1(m): 5:28am On Oct 22, 2014
Why are you posting this topic again ?
Re: Fayemi Spent N50m On Two Beds, Says Fayose (photo) by dahdah: 5:29am On Oct 22, 2014
Ijalode Lorin dowe, meanwhile oga SEUN where's my FTC Trophy
Re: Fayemi Spent N50m On Two Beds, Says Fayose (photo) by CORTANA: 5:42am On Oct 22, 2014
That bed will make even the king of Saudi Arabia green with envy. Waste of tax payers money if you ask me angry
Re: Fayemi Spent N50m On Two Beds, Says Fayose (photo) by mej67: 5:55am On Oct 22, 2014
Can Fayose pls goveern Ekiti. What are his intended programmes? How is he kicking that off?

This continual attack and criticism of past govt is becoming monotonous and boring. As if that is the only thing he has in stock to Ekiti ppl.

His handlers should please guide him. I've not seen or heard anything from that will convince me that he will do better

9 Likes

Re: Fayemi Spent N50m On Two Beds, Says Fayose (photo) by amjou: 6:09am On Oct 22, 2014
I like the bed
Re: Fayemi Spent N50m On Two Beds, Says Fayose (photo) by wengerjay(m): 6:14am On Oct 22, 2014
The only programme he has for ekiti is to keep condemning the immediate past govt.

3 Likes

Re: Fayemi Spent N50m On Two Beds, Says Fayose (photo) by 1goodman: 6:17am On Oct 22, 2014
oga oo...50M ? on 2 beds ?
Re: Fayemi Spent N50m On Two Beds, Says Fayose (photo) by Nobody: 6:24am On Oct 22, 2014
When a man has no vision,he keep seeing people's fault in things done.

5 Likes

Re: Fayemi Spent N50m On Two Beds, Says Fayose (photo) by Nobody: 6:29am On Oct 22, 2014
mej67:
Can Fayose pls goveern Ekiti. What are his intended programmes? How is he kicking that off?

This continual attack and criticism of past govt is becoming monotonous and boring. As if that is the only thing he has in stock to Ekiti ppl.

His handlers should please guide him. I've not seen or heard anything from that will convince me that he will do better
Re: Fayemi Spent N50m On Two Beds, Says Fayose (photo) by mdbabah2008(m): 6:41am On Oct 22, 2014
he is a clown lets not mind him, i wonder what he expect in a governor's bedroom mofo

1 Like

Re: Fayemi Spent N50m On Two Beds, Says Fayose (photo) by Nutase: 7:18am On Oct 22, 2014
APC
Re: Fayemi Spent N50m On Two Beds, Says Fayose (photo) by phlemzy: 7:27am On Oct 22, 2014
To what effect are all these trash this thugish governor keep announcing everyday of his first week in office. He should go get a life!

2 Likes

Re: Fayemi Spent N50m On Two Beds, Says Fayose (photo) by sademola: 7:36am On Oct 22, 2014
Fayose should stop whining n start working!

3 Likes

Re: Fayemi Spent N50m On Two Beds, Says Fayose (photo) by rattlesnake(m): 7:46am On Oct 22, 2014
Mumulogical.......
Re: Fayemi Spent N50m On Two Beds, Says Fayose (photo) by ola6: 8:19am On Oct 22, 2014
APC! Thieves!!! Frauds
You guys can them IMAGINE what is happening in Lagos. Tinubu ole shall be exposed!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fayemi Spent N50m On Two Beds, Says Fayose (photo) by chinwike2(m): 8:27am On Oct 22, 2014
Chai ! Thiev nubu account balance tranfer alert into oando oil expose
Re: Fayemi Spent N50m On Two Beds, Says Fayose (photo) by DukeNija(m): 8:31am On Oct 22, 2014
mdbabah2008:
he is a clown lets not mind him, i wonder what he expect in a governor's bedroom mofo

APC hoodlum on the loose!
Re: Fayemi Spent N50m On Two Beds, Says Fayose (photo) by jaygorgon(m): 8:43am On Oct 22, 2014
always attacking fayemi's mistake ...lets see what he will do

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fayemi Spent N50m On Two Beds, Says Fayose (photo) by tatosh: 8:51am On Oct 22, 2014
This guy would not do a single thing and will keep accusing Fayemi until four years runs out. By the way, it is only in Nigeria a confirmed looter and thief like Fayose will be voted for and openly come out to accuse someone else of what he himself is guilty for.

2 Likes

Re: Fayemi Spent N50m On Two Beds, Says Fayose (photo) by ElFenomeno1: 8:53am On Oct 22, 2014
Fayose should shut the fu...ck up and get to work!

1 Like

Re: Fayemi Spent N50m On Two Beds, Says Fayose (photo) by Dreyl(m): 8:58am On Oct 22, 2014
Highest stupidity.
Re: Fayemi Spent N50m On Two Beds, Says Fayose (photo) by masseratti: 9:02am On Oct 22, 2014
Fayose should please stop insulting Nigerians sensibilities,that bed cannot be the value they claimed it to be,its better if he get the real value for the bed,find out if it was over paid for and ask efcc to prosecute Fayemi for fraud,rather than ranting.

1 Like

Re: Fayemi Spent N50m On Two Beds, Says Fayose (photo) by funshyboi(m): 9:15am On Oct 22, 2014
Am sure fayose would spend much more. Let's wait for the govt that succeed him.
Re: Fayemi Spent N50m On Two Beds, Says Fayose (photo) by SLIDEwaxie(m): 9:22am On Oct 22, 2014
I hope fayose slept on the floor to protest this.

The bed is not for fayemi but any govr who eventually make it to the state house. It will remain there until another fool decided to embezzle by changing furniture..

But things are going, this guy has nothing to offer because he hasn't even said anything aside attacking the past govt..

Na u knws

4 Likes

Re: Fayemi Spent N50m On Two Beds, Says Fayose (photo) by stunning4real: 9:38am On Oct 22, 2014
SLIDEwaxie:

The bed is not for fayemi but any govr who eventually make it to the state house. It will remain there until another fool decided to embezzle by changing furniture..

But things are going, this guy has nothing to offer because he hasn't even said anything aside attacking the past govt..

Na u knws
Ekiti people just started. I am sure fayose has nothing to offer
Re: Fayemi Spent N50m On Two Beds, Says Fayose (photo) by mogentle(m): 1:37pm On Oct 22, 2014
SLIDEwaxie:
Bad guy....Chaiii.
Re: Fayemi Spent N50m On Two Beds, Says Fayose (photo) by smithsammy(m): 2:09pm On Oct 22, 2014
masseratti:
Fayose should please stop insulting Nigerians sensibilities,that bed cannot be the value they claimed it to be,its better if he get the real value for the bed,find out if it was over paid for and ask efcc to prosecute Fayemi for fraud,rather than ranting.
Nigeria is very happy to have you as its citizen. You have just said the gospel fact. Instead of ranting, let us see the documents of the transactions. I doubt if fayose is even educated. What is hype in that bedroom? Even the bedroom of many of us here can measure up with that.

1 Like

Re: Fayemi Spent N50m On Two Beds, Says Fayose (photo) by itstpia1: 2:46pm On Oct 22, 2014
nowhere to plant a bug in that bedroom, unless the bug is in the bed itself or the furniture.
Re: Fayemi Spent N50m On Two Beds, Says Fayose (photo) by ElFenomeno1: 2:51pm On Oct 22, 2014
itstpia1:
nowhere to plant a bug in that bedroom, unless the bug is in the bed itself or the furniture.

What is this one talking about?!
Are you a dunc...e?!
Re: Fayemi Spent N50m On Two Beds, Says Fayose (photo) by Ovamboland(m): 5:29pm On Oct 22, 2014
If it is true so much money was spent on beddings for me it remains a waste of funds in a poor state like any in Nigeria. So what if it is meant for governor? A standard that is average middle class expenses should be set for such non-emolument expenses in all government house. How many middle class salary earner will spend 50 million on his bedroom? Not even oil workers who at best earn 2 - 3 million a month.

I however remain committed to flushing the ruling PDP out in 2015

(1) (2) (Reply)

PRESIDENTIAL POLL: Jonathan Loses Bid To Get Igbo Bloc Votes / Comparing The Appointments Of GEJ With That Of PMB. Who Is More Fairer? / EFCC TO INVITE T. A. ORJI & HIS SON OVER MULTIPLE FRAUD

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.