Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,970 members, 7,817,844 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:04 PM

Challenges Of A Change Of Name? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Challenges Of A Change Of Name? (1044 Views)

Challenges Of A Single Mother / 8 Challenges To Face Your 1st Year Of Marriage / The Challenges Of Being The 1st Child (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Challenges Of A Change Of Name? by iamjane(f): 8:26am On Oct 22, 2014
Hi,

For some reason other than marriage, I would like to change my name.

I would like to know from individuals who have gone through that in Nigeria, the challenges involved when it comes to documents.

I heard a guy had issues upon issues when presenting his documents and certificate bearing his former surname, to the extent that he had to return back to using his family name and would effect a change via his children.

Tx
Re: Challenges Of A Change Of Name? by blank(f): 8:58am On Oct 22, 2014
iamjane:
Hi,

For some reason other than marriage, I would like to change my name.

I would like to know from individuals who have gone through that in Nigeria, the challenges involved when it comes to documents.

I heard a guy had issues upon issues when presenting his documents and certificate bearing his former surname, to the extent that he had to return back to using his family name and would effect a change via his children.

Tx

You can change your name via court (extremely important) and then publish in the papers.

As per Naija things, it can be difficult but not impossible cos u will always need to show your court affidavit and newspaper publication to clear up issues. Getting your international passport changed and then getting your drivers license changed.

But people have done it and had no issues.
Re: Challenges Of A Change Of Name? by iamjane(f): 2:52pm On Oct 22, 2014
blank:

You can change your name via court (extremely important) and then publish in the papers.

As per Naija things, it can be difficult but not impossible cos u will always need to show your court affidavit and newspaper publication to clear up issues. Getting your international passport changed and then getting your drivers license changed.

But people have done it and had no issues.

Wow, I have to change all that too undecided na that's way too much, my thoughts didn't even go there. Thanks a lot

(1) (Reply)

A Very Good Reason Why We Marry / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Reconciles With His Wife / Shocking: 3 Generations Of A Family Dies During Botched Delivery Of A Baby [phot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.