Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,897 members, 7,814,033 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:21 AM

Why I Want To Govern Kaduna - El Rufai - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Want To Govern Kaduna - El Rufai (525 Views)

“Gausiyya” Emerges In Markafi, Kaduna - El-Rufai / Happening Now:Buhari Arrives Kaduna,El-Rufai,His Deputy,Others Welcome Him(pics / Buhari Lacks Clear Cut Direction On How To Govern Nigeria – PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why I Want To Govern Kaduna - El Rufai by olufunmibi(m): 11:49am On Oct 22, 2014
Why I want to govern Kaduna – El Rufai
by Premium Times
A former Minister of the Federal Capital Territory, FCT, Nasir El-Rufai, has said he joined the governorship race in his home state, Kaduna, because of the level of decay there.
In a statement on Monday, Mr. El-Rufai, who is running on the platform of the All Progressive Congress, APC, lamented that the state, which used to be a point of reference, was now lagging behind other states, including those recently created.
“Our state, Kaduna, is now fragmented across ethnic and religious lines,” he said.
“Without federal allocations, the state cannot survive. Our renowned educational institutions are decaying, while unemployment and youth restiveness are visible. Trust in government is low and the essentials needed to stimulate socio-economic development are most lacking.”
He said the situation should not be allowed to deteriorate further.
“Otherwise the cohesive fabric of our community may be completely destroyed,” he said. “Bearing in mind the need to rescue our beloved state; coupled with deep reflection and wide consultation with stakeholders who cherish the importance of providing good leadership, I have resolved to contest for the office of the Governor of Kaduna State on the platform of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in the 2015 elections.”
The former minister said though he did not underestimate the challenges ahead, he also appreciated the enormity of the tasks ahead and the potential land mines that the ruling party in the state, the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, had placed on the part of the people of the state.
He appealed for the support and prayers of the people “as we begin the journey to rebuild Kaduna State and put our people on the road to peace and socio-economic prosperity.”
Mr. El-Rufai assured that in due course, he and his colleagues would make every effort to visit and intimate the people of the progress his campaign team had made so far, unfold our strategies and present its ideas towards making Kaduna State great again.
He said, “We shall value your thoughts and guidance in these regards. I hope you will support, guide and assist our efforts at ensuring that the APC wins all elective positions in Kaduna State to enable us free our citizens from insecurity, underdevelopment and despair.
“I thank you very much and hope to reach out to you in the weeks and months ahead. In the event we are unable to do so, we nevertheless crave for your blessings and prayers, while appreciating any counsel and support through whatever means possible.”
He also stated that any observer of the social, political, and economic trends in Nigeria today must be appalled at the level of decay and despair in the society.
“More alarming is the dangerous path unto which the ruling party has pushed our Nation. It does not require genius to realize that the signs are ominous and the very future of our dear country is far from certain,” the former minister said.

Copyright. Premium Times.

(1) (Reply)

Bomb Blast At Bauchi Bus Station Kills Five, 12 Others Injured / PDP Plans To Send Tugs To Attack APC Lawmakers On Friday - Ekiti Speaker / One Day With Obama, Next Week Out Of A Job

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.