Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,208 members, 7,860,349 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 09:45 AM

See What Pastor Kumuyi Told Governor Fayose - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / See What Pastor Kumuyi Told Governor Fayose (1512 Views)

Governor Fayose Climbs A Caterpillar To Hail His People In Ekiti (Photo) / Checkout What The Chairman Of NHRC Told Governor Of Niger State On Twitter / Anambra Poll: I’ve Told Governor Obi To Hand Over To Tony Nwoye (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

See What Pastor Kumuyi Told Governor Fayose by AJOT99(m): 3:32pm On Oct 22, 2014
See What Pastor Kumuyi Told Gov. Fayose

The general superintendent of the Deeper Life Bible Church, Pastor Williams F. Kumuyi has urged the Ekiti State governor, Mr Ayodele Fayose to rule the state with the fear of God and imbibe the tenets of integrity, transparency and prudence.

This came as Governor Fayose promised not to allow power to go into his head and to resist any attempt by sycophants to mislead him during his second chance, which he described as “rare and divine”.

Pastor Kumuyi gave the advice at the Deeper Life Camp in Ado Ekiti, during the thanksgiving service to commemorate his inauguration as the governor of Ekiti State yesterday.

In a letter addressed to the governor by the general superintendent of the church, presented and read to the congregation by the church’s national secretary, Pastor Jeremiah Asemota, Pastor Kumuyi said, “Leadership, either temporal or political is divine. It is given by God. So you have to know the extent you have to go in moving closer to God as you preside over the affairs of this state. Be prudent with resources management and work for the socio-economic development of this state”.

While giving her testimony, the wife of the governor, Mrs Feyisetan Fayose disclosed that God gave her the revelation of her husband’s return shortly after his impeachment on October 16, 2006.

Mrs Fayose, who spoke before the mammoth crowd that thronged the Church camp, said “God revealed to me that my husband, Mr Ayodele Fayose would return as the governor, but he never told me the time.”

“God told me that our return would be done in such a way that will beat the people’s imagination. But because of the trouble we went through, at a time I prayed to God to please push my husband out of politics. Later, God told me that He will leave him there for him to prove His power.

“After we left, Gen Tunji Olurin came, Segun Oni and come Governor Kayode Fayemi and today God has manifested His power. This is not by our power or strength, but by the grace of God”.

Mrs Fayose disclosed that her husband facilitated her closeness to God 19 years ago, when he took him to Deeper Life, “where I found God because I was deep in worldliness in terms of dressing and behaviour. Today God has taken my life and I thank Him for restoring our lost glory”.

Governor Fayose, in his remarks said he had forgiven all his traducers and that he sees nobody as enemy to fight, declaring that “Having a second chance is very rare. If this time has been in Bible days, my name would have been one of the names to be recorded as those who God gave a second chance.

“My return to government is not common in history. It is a rare miracle. During the seven and half years of my political wilderness, I was taken to Court over what I knew and knew nothing about 59 times aside the 45 days I spent in Ikoyi Prisons during my trial by the EFCC.

“My Security aides and political aides like Chief Dayo Okondo were incarcerated for three and half years without committing any offence. I won’t allow sycophants to derail me again.

“All my property were left in the Government House because I had to run for my dear life. So, this time my mission is to look after Ekiti people and not to fight anybody. I will not allow this position to go into my head or use it to oppress anybody. I don’t have anybody in mind to punish or any political battle to fight”, he said.

He also promised to treat the traditional rulers with utmost respect , particularly applauding them for taking a harsh stand against he accused of conniving with the judiciary to stall his inauguration.

However, in a statement signed by Chief Press Secretary, Mr Idowu Adelusi in Ado Ekiti yesterday, Fayose has appointed Mr Lanre Ogunsuyi as Special Assistant on Information and Civic Orientation.

Source: Leadership
Re: See What Pastor Kumuyi Told Governor Fayose by SLIDEwaxie(m): 4:52pm On Oct 22, 2014
That advice na down the drain..
Re: See What Pastor Kumuyi Told Governor Fayose by Lilimax(f): 5:09pm On Oct 22, 2014
Good to know that Ayo Fayoshe's wife is a deeper life member undecided
My prayer is that her hubby leads Ekiti state with the fear of God since a lot is expected of him. smiley
Re: See What Pastor Kumuyi Told Governor Fayose by Nutase: 5:48pm On Oct 22, 2014
Hallelu.......
Re: See What Pastor Kumuyi Told Governor Fayose by egift(m): 6:00pm On Oct 22, 2014
So why is the man spending all his time talking about a Bedroom Fayemi built for him instead of hitting the ground running?

Pastor Kumuyi remains one of the Nigerian pastors I hold in high regards. May God help him make heaven for the great work he has accomplished in the Ministry.

(1) (Reply)

What A Strange Comments 4rm MUJAHID ASARI DOKUNBO- Picture Include. / SHOCKER: House-to-house Campaign Organization Dumps Jonathan 4 buhari (PIX) / Switching From GMB To GEJ

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.