Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,530 members, 7,819,908 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:18 AM

Never Is A Long Time (chapter 1) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Never Is A Long Time (chapter 1) (460 Views)

DON'T JOIN Chapter 1:NOVELLA - PAGE-1 COMIC / Naruto Chapter 593 (pidgin English) / End Of The Road (a Novel) Chapter 1 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Never Is A Long Time (chapter 1) by kay29000(m): 6:08pm On Oct 22, 2014
Never Is A Long Time

Chapter 1

“I don’t know why you hate him so much.”

“Emeka, I don’t hate him. I just...”

“You don’t hate him, but you don’t want to hear anything about him?”

“Emeka...” She stopped mid sentence and buried her head under the pillow. They had been having a nice Saturday afternoon chat before the subject of going over to see his friend came up. This argument had been a recurring one for months now, and it always never ended well.
Susan’s breathing from underneath the pillow got louder and louder, like she was trying to control her anger, and then, all of a sudden, she went quiet. The static sound from the TV and the ticking of the wall clock filled the air. After several minutes of uncomfortable silence, she sat up in bed with her arms folded.

“Okay.”

“Okay, what?” Emeka said, and adjusted in bed so he could see her face properly.

“Okay! We can go and see him.” Susan got off the bed and looked at her husband through the mirror. “Let’s just hope he isn’t drunk.”

“Susan!”

“Come on! Can’t you take a joke?” She jumped back in bed and started tickling him all over. The tickling turned to a little wrestling session which ended with Susan being pinned down by her husband. He looked into her eyes for a while, like he was looking for something. And then, as if he found what he was looking for, he planted a quick kiss on her lips. She grabbed his singlet as he was getting off the bed, and pulled him in for a long kiss.

(1) (Reply)

If My Life Waz A Novel It Will Be The Worst Eva Written / Being Wicked On Weekends Episode 10 / Sojourn By Tweestead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.