Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,955 members, 7,810,641 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:35 PM

Rear Tyres Inward Lean Causes / Fix - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Rear Tyres Inward Lean Causes / Fix (4100 Views)

ASWMA Vehicle Spotted With Two Of Its Tyres Missing (photos) / PHOTO: Fully Loaded Cement Truck Spotted Cruising At Lekki With Tyres Missing / Reasons Why Front-wheel Drive Sucks And Why Rear-wheel Drive Is best (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rear Tyres Inward Lean Causes / Fix by 100ksalescom(m): 10:45am On Oct 23, 2014
Hello My Fellow Nairalanders, recently i observed some suvs back tyres have this inward lean to it. angry
I would like to know the cause and also the fix to it as i have observed mine is not as straight as it should be but not obvious though.
Is it an expensive fix or a wheel alignment can fix it?
Here is a pix of what i am talking about below for clarity.

Its an opportunity to learn as well. Thanks

Re: Rear Tyres Inward Lean Causes / Fix by Nobody: 4:12pm On Oct 23, 2014
Depending on the model it may have been engineered that way. The BMW X5 is a good example.

That is called camber, a negative camber. It's used to reduce the roll point of a vehicle.

What you don't want is improper toe, either too in or out.

We'll discuss toe on the next lesson grin
Re: Rear Tyres Inward Lean Causes / Fix by 100ksalescom(m): 4:42pm On Oct 23, 2014
I have noticed this in most Honda SUVs. Im not so sure they were built that way. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Rear Tyres Inward Lean Causes / Fix by Nobody: 5:14pm On Oct 23, 2014
100ksalescom:
I have noticed this in most Honda SUVs. Im not so sure they were built that way. undecided

Well with the constant over loading conditions on Nigerian roads and total lack of road safety officials then it may be that the rear axle is bent.
Re: Rear Tyres Inward Lean Causes / Fix by oseo1(m): 11:54pm On Oct 23, 2014
Honda SUVs are a special case, most of them do NOT have adjustable cambers. The element is also designed to have a slight negative camber.
Re: Rear Tyres Inward Lean Causes / Fix by Nobody: 11:59pm On Oct 23, 2014
oseo1:
Honda SUVs are a special case, most of them do NOT have adjustable cambers. The element is also designed to have a slight negative camber.

True, but the beam can bend under duress.

Years back when I had a Nissan Sentra the popular way to introduce camber was to bend the rear beam axle.

They can be bent to introduce camber.
Re: Rear Tyres Inward Lean Causes / Fix by disloman(m): 7:40am On Oct 24, 2014
100ksalescom:
They r built that way.To give d car more stability.especially CRVs.

1 Like

Re: Rear Tyres Inward Lean Causes / Fix by SkyeAyers: 4:25pm On Dec 26, 2021
I've been looking for the causes of this problem for such a long time and looks like I've finally come across the right page.
Re: Rear Tyres Inward Lean Causes / Fix by SALIMAN(m): 8:56am On Nov 11, 2022
Check ur absorber cap might be weak

(1) (Reply)

Cars With V8 Engines. / Which Is Better: Diesel Engine Or Petrol Engine? / Terrafugia Flying Car (transition)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.