Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,117 members, 7,821,832 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:47 PM

Nollywood Famous Trending Themes - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Nollywood Famous Trending Themes (7131 Views)

#nollywoodnothitler Now Trending On Twitter / Juliet Ibrahim Stuns In Blue For Trending Interview / Look At The Picture Of Linda Ikeji Sister Laura That Is Trending Now (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nollywood Famous Trending Themes by lalasticlala(m): 5:47pm On Oct 23, 2014
This piece was inspired by a nairalander, mrvocalprowess.

Nollywood Famous Trends

It's a common thing that in Nollywood, once a particular movie theme becomes successful, every other producer would theme his movie along that same line such that the theme would become the trend for sometime. E.g, if a film that has a theme on Child abuse becomes very successful, it would become the trend for producers until another theme comes on board.

Below are Nollywood famous trending themes.

1 Occultic Era - There was a time when occult movies where in vogue. Such movies as Blood Money, Rituals, etc trended. Kanayo O. Kanayo, Tony Umez, Pete Edochie played such roles very well.

2 Royal Era : When most movies had the name royal this, royal that; it was an era of king, queen , Prince, princess, and palace movies. Yul Edochie, Mercy Johnson, Olu Jacobs, Ngozi Ezeonu played such roles frequently. Royalty films are still trending till date.

3 Poor boyfriend/Rich Dad's Girlfriend: Most movies then were about a rich girl dating a poor guy and the girls father disagreed or vice versa. Ramsey Nouah was always playing the poor boyfriend roles.

4 Juju : Most movies then were about juju, witches etc. Camilla Mgberekpe was always playing the witchcraft roles.

5 Cothes: when the tie neck clothes and one hand clothes were the deal then, Genevieve and Rita Dominic were the pioneers of this clothes then.

6 Husband Snatching:  Movies then was about girls snatching people's husbands.

7 Prostitution/Sex Era: When prostitution was all Nollywood movie producers could think of. They also they also produced sex themed movies. Such roles were executed flawlessly by Mercy Johnson, Tonto Dikeh, Ini Edo, etc.

8 Trending Social Topics: Producers would always jostle to produce films on any trending social issues in Nigeria. They did such movies as Nkuja Shrine, Okija Brotherhood, when the Okija Shrine issue was trending; They did Missing School Girls, when Missing Chibok Girls issue was trending; They did Ebola Doctors and Book Haram as these issues dominated the social media.

9 Epic Era: When most films were epic films with traditional settings. Chioma Chukwuka, Collette Orji were good at such roles.

10 Comic Era: Most films was about comedy. Ski & Pawpaw shone well during that period. Comedy was really reigning at some point that many actresses had to diversify to remain marketable.

Add yours.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nollywood Famous Trending Themes by Nobody: 5:48pm On Oct 23, 2014
OK

#team. Nairaland
Re: Nollywood Famous Trending Themes by lalasticlala(m): 5:49pm On Oct 23, 2014
Some Royal themed movies

Re: Nollywood Famous Trending Themes by lalasticlala(m): 5:50pm On Oct 23, 2014
Sex/Prostitution themed movies

Re: Nollywood Famous Trending Themes by lalasticlala(m): 5:51pm On Oct 23, 2014
Trending social issues themed movies

Re: Nollywood Famous Trending Themes by Nobody: 5:52pm On Oct 23, 2014
The snake boy and guy
Re: Nollywood Famous Trending Themes by lalasticlala(m): 5:53pm On Oct 23, 2014
Epic themed

Re: Nollywood Famous Trending Themes by chimerase2: 5:53pm On Oct 23, 2014
Ara nwanyi asaba grin grin
Re: Nollywood Famous Trending Themes by chimerase2: 5:55pm On Oct 23, 2014
claireshan:
make I
bia dis gal why u de hussle for space with a renowned man of God undecided
Re: Nollywood Famous Trending Themes by Nobody: 5:56pm On Oct 23, 2014
chimerase2:
bia dis gal why u de hussle for space with a renowned man of God undecided
Kpele tongue
Re: Nollywood Famous Trending Themes by 3coins(m): 5:57pm On Oct 23, 2014
mad paper chase

secondary school Era nko?
Re: Nollywood Famous Trending Themes by Nobody: 5:59pm On Oct 23, 2014
High school cult era: The script/storyline was very predictable, rich girl goes to campus - gets attracted to a capon, who must have been dating a female capon.
The female capon, tries to make life unbearable for the fresher - the guy comes to the rescue. Then of course the fresher tries to make the guy denounce cultism.
Cast: Uche Jombo, Jim Iyke, Nonso Diobi, Oge Okoye

-Boys Cot
-Girls Cot
-Campus

social network/digital era:This era is/was centred on the growing craze for social networks/smartphones/ e-dating and relationships.
The ills, the addictions...etc
Cast: Tonto Dike, Oge Okoye, Annie Idibia nee Macaulay, Angela Okorie

-twitter babes
-facebook babe
-2go madness
-blackberry babes

Musical Era: as the name implies, it was all about trending songs,the scenes involved skimpy dressed girls dancing to these songs in clubs or competing while trying to clone these artists etc.
Star cast : Anita Joseph

-limpopo babes
-yahooze girls
-Tongolo sisters
-Beyonce & Rihanna

Weaves Era: ahha, we all know the ovation foreign weaves received from our ladies. It was also widely speculated that young girls did obscene things to raise money for foreign weaves. These movies takes us through their hustle...lol
Cast : Ini Edo, Chika Ike, Tonto Dike

-Brazilian hair
-peruvian girls

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nollywood Famous Trending Themes by chimerase2: 6:01pm On Oct 23, 2014
claireshan:
Kpele tongue
put ua tongue back inside is too suspicious angry
Re: Nollywood Famous Trending Themes by politricks: 6:04pm On Oct 23, 2014
If this thread no hit frontpage,make my iphone 6 spoil.
Re: Nollywood Famous Trending Themes by pretydiva(f): 6:04pm On Oct 23, 2014
Lolzz.funny movies
Re: Nollywood Famous Trending Themes by priscaoge(f): 6:13pm On Oct 23, 2014
Lol grin cheesy cheesy

Kachisbarbie I can see you are a Movie Director/Producer cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Nollywood Famous Trending Themes by englishmart(m): 6:21pm On Oct 23, 2014
What is nollywood?
Is it the producer of Hollywood?

2 Likes

Re: Nollywood Famous Trending Themes by Superstar007(m): 6:26pm On Oct 23, 2014
Space secured.
Trespassers will shot on sight
Survivors will be shot again
Tenk.

Like seriously, them title movie "Tear my bra, if you can" shocked shocked shocked
I give up!!! angry
Re: Nollywood Famous Trending Themes by lalasticlala(m): 6:26pm On Oct 23, 2014
Kachisbarbie:
social network era:This era is/was centred on the growing craze for social networks/ e-dating and relationships.
The ills, the addictions...etc
Cast: Tonto Dike, Oge Okoye, Annie Idibia nee Macaulay, Angela Okorie

-twitter babes
-facebook babe
-2go madness

Musical Era: as the name implies, it was all about trending songs,the scenes involved skimpy dressed girls dancing to these songs in clubs or competing while trying to clone these artists etc.
Star cast : Angela Joseph

-limpopo babes
-yahooze girls
-Tongolo sisters
-Beyonce & Rihanna

Weaves Era: ahha, we all know the ovation foreign weaves received from our ladies. It was also widely speculated that young girls did obscene things to raise money for foreign weaves. These movies takes us through their hustle...lol
Cast : Ini Edo, Chika Ike, Tonto Dike

-Brazilian hair
-peruvian girls
LOL. U 2 MUCH O

1 Like

Re: Nollywood Famous Trending Themes by Atk01(f): 6:27pm On Oct 23, 2014
grin Nollywood we hail oo!
Re: Nollywood Famous Trending Themes by Nobody: 6:38pm On Oct 23, 2014
I think Ghanaians are more lenient to their actors and actress. Their hypocrisy ain't alarming like that of Nigerians.

The sex and prostitution part always feature Yvonne Nelson, Jackiah Appiah, Martha Ankomah, Majid Michael, John dumelo, frank Raja Arase excluding Nadia Buari(even if she does, she won't take part in nùde or semi-nùde aspect)

That title, Tear my Bra, mhen! gringrin
Re: Nollywood Famous Trending Themes by 2romantic: 6:47pm On Oct 23, 2014
hahahahaha. 2 4ny. Tear my bra if u can
Re: Nollywood Famous Trending Themes by 2romantic: 7:00pm On Oct 23, 2014
politricks:
If this thread no hit frontpage,make my iphone 6 spoil.
lol
Re: Nollywood Famous Trending Themes by Nobody: 7:01pm On Oct 23, 2014
priscaoge:
Lol grin cheesy cheesy

Kachisbarbie I can see you are a Movie Director/Producer cheesy cheesy

I done discover my talent...dey here ddey question me...lol. no go discover ya own. tongue

lalasticlala:
LOL. U 2 MUCH O
You can say that again... grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nollywood Famous Trending Themes by maxism2: 7:16pm On Oct 23, 2014
Prostitution roles? tonto dikeh, mercz j have A1
Re: Nollywood Famous Trending Themes by OohMpa: 7:34pm On Oct 23, 2014
Fück Nollywood movies, always making guys hope angry

Na so your boy go buy "Tear My Bra If You Can" hoping to see some tearing, exposing, smõoching and kpanshing.

The only thing ooh Mpa saw was only one bra and it wasn't even in any area of tearing. The only bad thing wey dey the film na that kind touch you dey give nyash wey get ebola. No palpation, percussion or auscultation angry

#Bringbackvaselinemoney angry
Re: Nollywood Famous Trending Themes by Ranchhoddas: 8:25pm On Oct 23, 2014
OohMpa:
Fück Nollywood movies, always making guys hope angry

Na so your boy go buy "Tear My Bra If You Can" hoping to see some tearing, exposing, smõoching and kpanshing.

The only thing ooh Mpa saw was only one bra and it wasn't even in any area of tearing. The only bad thing wey dey the film na that kind touch you dey give nyash wey get ebola. No palpation, percussion or auscultation angry

#Bringbackvaselinemoney angry
palpation,percussion,auscultation...are you by any chance a health professional?
Re: Nollywood Famous Trending Themes by dmjinc(m): 8:38pm On Oct 23, 2014
Ok...
Re: Nollywood Famous Trending Themes by Nobody: 8:43pm On Oct 23, 2014
cheesy
Re: Nollywood Famous Trending Themes by hatux: 11:22pm On Oct 23, 2014
Okay
Re: Nollywood Famous Trending Themes by naturally: 2:21am On Oct 24, 2014
Lol, Op you try

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Would Rather Burn In Hell Than Worship A Monster Called God” – Stephanie Rose / FREE BEAT: Best Of Professional Beatz All In 1 Beat (prod By Professional) / Baba Suwe Will Excrete Drugs – NDLEA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.