Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,028 members, 7,818,032 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:38 AM

Scale of value in Bisi Ojediran's Literature - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Scale of value in Bisi Ojediran's Literature (2124 Views)

Literature/Writing Complaints Thread / Mo Ibrahim Welcomes Bisi Daniels New Novel " The False Truth" / Bisi Ajala (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Scale of value in Bisi Ojediran's Literature by Orikinla(m): 11:32pm On Aug 03, 2006
Scale of value in Bisi Ojediran's Literature 
  By
Adeola Adejokun

Very few authors can boast of Bisi Ojediran’s niche around here. He is the prolific author of an impressive number of imaginative literature, schoolbooks, plays and a memoir of anointed men of God in the country, even though he still has a day job. A multifaceted writing career that demands robust intellect we’ll dare say and thanks to it, Ojediran is a reference point today in Nigeria’s culture sector.

Celebrated as ‘Nigeria’s one novel a year novelist’, this graduate of Economics from the University of Legon, who was once a schoolteacher, author of an Economics textbook and Business/Economy Journalist, is one of the most prolific contemporary Nigerian writers in the imaginative literature genre.

The author of novels and plays that include, The Black Godfather, Survival of the Beautiful, Love wars, Sacred Seduction, Trying Times, Boxing at House, My Other Mother, Opportunity Cost and The Drunkard among others, Ojediran hails from Inisa, Osun State and sees writing as a gift through which social reform can be effected.

It is therefore not surprising that two of his books, The Governor’s Wife and Love Wars, were approved by the Lagos State Government for use in the teaching of English Literature in Senior Secondary Schools from year 2004 to 2008. His six children books for primary and junior secondary schools are also undergoing the selection process.

But, what is it about books by Bisi Ojediran, an author who defied the booming bootleg industry of the late 1990s and 2000s to churn out books of different ilk? Certainly, it is not the mere aesthetic appeal of its covers and if we are to judge Ojediran’s books by such, they are certainly above board.

Apart from his attention grabbing novels, some of which has popular actors namely Jide Kosoko, Grace Amah and Rita Dominic on its cover, Ojediran’s school book for children certainly aids learning. The cover and inside pages of the children textbooks are illustrated with the cognitive needs of children in mind. The exceptional arty designs from front to back of the books will encourage learning even in the simple minded.

To read the rest of this article:http://www.busybisibooks.com/forum_view.asp?tid=2

Re: Scale of value in Bisi Ojediran's Literature by ikamefa(f): 3:05am On Aug 04, 2006
where can one get this books @ orikinla
Re: Scale of value in Bisi Ojediran's Literature by Orikinla(m): 9:57am On Aug 04, 2006
You can get Bisi Ojediran's books on http://www.busybisibooks.com
Re: Scale of value in Bisi Ojediran's Literature by Greycells(m): 5:50pm On Aug 16, 2006
grin I feel good. That 's my piece. Who wouldn't. I wrote that piece on Bisi Ojediran's literature grin
Re: Scale of value in Bisi Ojediran's Literature by Orikinla(m): 10:29pm On Aug 16, 2006
Thank you very much.
Mr. Bisi Ojediran appreciates this well written analysis.

God bless.

(1) (Reply)

Shape Of Our Friendship By Vic Toria A. I wrote this in memory of my dog. / We Had A Family / They Were Four...dedicated To The Four Uniport Students Killed In Aluu...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.