Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,677 members, 7,851,312 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 04:56 PM

.:: The Screenshot Competition ::. - Phones (42) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / .:: The Screenshot Competition ::. (54745 Views)

Post The Screenshot Of Your Lockscreen / Enjoyment Time With These Discovered Loop Hole follow the screenshot / Re: .:: The Screenshot Competition ::. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) ... (56) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: .:: The Screenshot Competition ::. by Ced8: 12:52am On Jan 02, 2010
haha,someone lovees 'er new phone to shards!
Re: .:: The Screenshot Competition ::. by platinumnk(f): 1:43am On Jan 02, 2010
Ced8:

haha,someone lovees 'er new phone to shards!

yes i doooooo!!! i love it , i love it! grin grin grin grin grin
Re: .:: The Screenshot Competition ::. by puskin: 2:49am On Jan 02, 2010
Plat. Uv got a bad a$$ fone machine.
Re: .:: The Screenshot Competition ::. by moonraker(m): 3:29am On Jan 02, 2010
@ platinumnk

you have a nice phone. i got to admit.

winmo 6.1 i presume??

was looking at the htc magic with andriod 1.6 and it is

off the hook,
Re: .:: The Screenshot Competition ::. by platinumnk(f): 3:46am On Jan 02, 2010
puskin:

Plat. Uv got a bad a$$ fone machine.

Thanks babe!! Im in love with it cheesy cheesy
Did you listen to the ringtone i made for u kiss

moonraker:

@ platinumnk

you have a nice phone. i got to admit.

winmo 6.1 i presume??

was looking at the htc magic with andriod 1.6 and it is

off the hook,
No this is Windows Mobile 6.5

its awesome cheesy wink

HTC RuLEZ cool cool cool

I love Brackett cool

Re: .:: The Screenshot Competition ::. by puskin: 4:38am On Jan 02, 2010
platinumnk:

Thanks babe!! Im in love with it cheesy cheesy
Did you listen to the ringtone i made for u kiss

Yeah sweets, I certainly did, like a thousand times.
It was short but beautiful.
Re: .:: The Screenshot Competition ::. by texazzpete(m): 1:51pm On Jan 02, 2010
@platinumnk
iphone 3gs >>>> HTC Touch Pro 2.

Besides, it's WinMo 6.5 and a resistive touch screen. What else can i say grin
Re: .:: The Screenshot Competition ::. by aieromon(m): 9:13pm On Jan 02, 2010
@platinumnk
Incase you haven't noticed,the spambot in here detests long write-ups unlike other NL sections. sad
Re: .:: The Screenshot Competition ::. by texazzpete(m): 11:49pm On Jan 02, 2010
aieromon:

@platinumnk
Incase you haven't noticed,the spambot in here detests long write-ups unlike other NL sections. sad
Yeah, went through her profile to see her reply. I would have loved to tear it apart here, i guess i'll wait until her post gets approved.
Sadly, she does seem to be comparing the TP2 with the iPhone 3G and not the 3GS, and certainly not with iPhone firmware 3.0 grin.

Bad!
Re: .:: The Screenshot Competition ::. by platinumnk(f): 2:17am On Jan 03, 2010
hahahahh my phonem is still better tongue tongue tongue tongue grin grin
Re: .:: The Screenshot Competition ::. by platinumnk(f): 2:29am On Jan 03, 2010
I was shouting "TELL THEM" so hard while watching this video, that guy got me sooo crunk cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
[flash=425,344]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7fDU6OFN_w&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></[/flash]
Re: .:: The Screenshot Competition ::. by platinumnk(f): 2:37am On Jan 03, 2010
HTC get with it or get freaken lost!!!! grin grin grin grin

Here are some comments :

kabuk1 (3 weeks ago)
He's completely right. TP2 completely PWNs the iPhone. It's like a mini-laptop. I have used PPCs since 05, I just got the TP2 & its the most powerful smartphone in the world. Only a slowpoke would think an iPhone is superior to any PPC phone, iPhones are the new Sidekicks. Flashy, overhyped toys for soccer moms & spoiled pre-teens.

iphone is for conformist pussies that don't know how to use a real piece of tech,

That was funny!! Touch Pro 2 is awesome, but once you start flashing custom roms, damn, nothing else compares!!

Do you have custom ROMS Texas, dont let me school u tongue
Re: .:: The Screenshot Competition ::. by hayprof(m): 2:54am On Jan 03, 2010
@texazz, wat app is for Screenshot on Ipod touch, 3rd Gen?
Re: .:: The Screenshot Competition ::. by platinumnk(f): 3:58am On Jan 03, 2010
^^hahahaah u have to download "apps" grin grin
Re: .:: The Screenshot Competition ::. by moonraker(m): 4:45am On Jan 03, 2010
@ hayprof

you actually dont need an app, just go to the desire place you want to

grab a screenshot of, then hold the power button and home screen at the

same time. you will hear a shutter. go to your photo app and bam, there goes yur screenshot
Re: .:: The Screenshot Competition ::. by moonraker(m): 4:49am On Jan 03, 2010
@ platinumnk

i seriously think u shd take it easy, yur phone is what is it

not becos of winmo 6.5 but for htcs innovations, even with that,

your phone is not even in the same category with the iphone 3gs

or Htc magic, both run OSx mini and Andriod 1.6 respectively,

once again, you shd seriously relax, no competition here,
Re: .:: The Screenshot Competition ::. by aieromon(m): 5:34am On Jan 03, 2010
@hayprof
Still jail-breakin',eh!?!?
Re: .:: The Screenshot Competition ::. by platinumnk(f): 5:35am On Jan 03, 2010
yeah we are not in the same category because its waaaaaay above iphone! cool cool cool

PROUD HTC OWNER

moonwalker- go see xda-devlopers.com
Re: .:: The Screenshot Competition ::. by platinumnk(f): 5:37am On Jan 03, 2010
I've only just been reading up on both phones, so take what I say with a grain of salt:

The Iphone may be a better for multimedia playback, due to the inclusion of 3.5mm jack and notably good sound quality. Also, the casual game selection is fairly good. If you want more functionality/versality, definitely consider jailbreaking the iphone, otherwise it's not really comparable to the TP2. Check out ipodtouchfans.com, they cater to jailbroken iphones/itouches.

If you're looking for something to be truly productive on, particularly in a business environment (kind of reminds me of a mini-netbook), consider the TP2. If you want a multimedia PDA with great sound, consider the iphone. If you want a fair mix of both, the Samsung Omnia II
Re: .:: The Screenshot Competition ::. by platinumnk(f): 5:38am On Jan 03, 2010
First of all I'm severly prejudiced towards the iPhone, I hate the fact that Apple have to lock it down so much and the lack of sd slot and ability to customise.

In my view, an iPhone is an[b] ipod with phone functionality, it is not a PDA and not a productivity tool. [/b]
I would never buy one

I am yet to be convinced by anyone as to the pros of owning an iPhone over a WinMo or Android PDA.

Appologies again for such a biast view.
Re: .:: The Screenshot Competition ::. by platinumnk(f): 6:01am On Jan 03, 2010
Re: .:: The Screenshot Competition ::. by texazzpete(m): 1:38pm On Jan 03, 2010
platinumnk:

Do you have custom ROMS Texas, dont let me school u tongue

Hardware wise, the iPhone 3GS is far more powerful than the TP2. It uses a faster, newer gen ARM CPU as well as an OPEN GL 2.0 PowerVR SGX GPU.

No offense meant, but i've been flashing custom Win Mo ROMS since 2006. I've used the HTC Magician, Wizard, TyTN, TyTN II and i've played around with the TP2.
Custom ROMS or not, it's still WinMo at the end of the day. And that's why Microsoft has lost serious ground in the mobile OS space.

The best WIndows mobile smartphone in the world at the moment is the Touch HD2, running WinMo 6.5. And in all the reviews the major sticking point was the OS. Windows Mobile is ancient and creaky.

platinumnk:

First of all I'm severly prejudiced towards the iPhone, I hate the fact that Apple have to lock it down so much and the lack of sd slot and ability to customise.

In my view, an iPhone is an[b] ipod with phone functionality, it is not a PDA and not a productivity tool. [/b]
I would never buy one

Yes, it's locked down by Apple in several ways, but once you jailbreak it ( a ridiculously simple process) you can customize it all you want.
Why exactly do you need an SD slot for a device that comes in 16GB and 32GB capacity?

platinumnk:

I am yet to be convinced by anyone as to the pros of owning an iPhone over a WinMo or Android PDA.

Hardware wise, very few android phones have specs near that of the iPhone 3GS. And the Android OS itself isn't nearly as polished in its current state as the iPhone OS. In fact, only Palm's WebOS has that level of polish, certainly not Windows mobile.

platinumnk:

I've only just been reading up on both phones, so take what I say with a grain of salt:

The Iphone may be a better for multimedia playback, due to the inclusion of 3.5mm jack and notably good sound quality. Also, the casual game selection is fairly good. If you want more functionality/versality, definitely consider jailbreaking the iphone, otherwise it's not really comparable to the TP2. Check out ipodtouchfans.com, they cater to jailbroken iphones/itouches.

If you're looking for something to be truly productive on, particularly in a business environment (kind of reminds me of a mini-netbook), consider the TP2. If you want a multimedia PDA with great sound, consider the iphone. If you want a fair mix of both, the Samsung Omnia II

Even without jailbreaking, with over 100000 apps on the appstore, there's more than enough software on the iPhone to more than hold it's own against Windows Mobile. For business purposes, i hope you're aware that the iPhone has full Exchange support, and there are Office apps on the appstore that allow you edit Word, Powerpoint and Excel on the iPhone with ease. It must be pointed out that these office apps are of even better quality than Microsoft's own Mobile office applications.

Business environments don't go for WIndows mobile handsets, they go for RIM's blackberry handsets. That's why both RIM and Apple have far higher marketshare in the smartphone business in the US than Microsoft's windows mobile.

You ever ask yourself why there are so few windows mobile handsets coming out this year and in 2008/2009? All the loyal manufacturers are switching to Android. People don't want Windows Mobile anymore grin
Re: .:: The Screenshot Competition ::. by texazzpete(m): 1:44pm On Jan 03, 2010
platinumnk:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=581054&page=4

So, you link to Xda-developers, a site for WinMo enthusiasts and expect a fair and unbiased discussion on the iPhone vs TP2 discussion? lol.
Re: .:: The Screenshot Competition ::. by moonraker(m): 2:33pm On Jan 03, 2010
@ tex

thank you very much, u said it all

@ platinumnkuru

the more reason why is said u shd relax,

go to gsmareana.com and compare the two phones. then maybe u did pipe down,

hardware and software wise, your phone doesnt even come close to the iphone 3gs. period,

so u directed to xda developers??

young lady, i have used, flashed and even made roms for excalibur, cavalier and even omnia, pls dont tell me what i already knw.

pls go back to the romance section
Re: .:: The Screenshot Competition ::. by texazzpete(m): 5:54pm On Jan 03, 2010
To be fair, though, the touch pro 2 is a pretty wonderful phone, i just prefer my iphone 3GS. I can do all sorts of wonderful things on it. Some things that just aren't in place on Windows Mobile. Example N64iphone, a full N64 featured emulator for the iPhone 3GS!
Imagine Zelda: Ocarina of Time (the best game ever made) in my palm

Re: .:: The Screenshot Competition ::. by texazzpete(m): 5:57pm On Jan 03, 2010
Casual games, my foot! The iPhone is a full fledged gaming handheld.
Screenshots below

NOVA
Re: .:: The Screenshot Competition ::. by texazzpete(m): 6:03pm On Jan 03, 2010
Something that definitely does not exist on Windows Mobile. Offline Wikipedia!
The entire Wikipedia, on my phone. Requires no internet connection.

Re: .:: The Screenshot Competition ::. by cabali(m): 7:05pm On Jan 03, 2010
Take it easy Tex!!

Don't hurt the lil' lady. Even if she shoulda known better

(1) (2) (3) ... (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) ... (56) (Reply)

DO NOT POST ADVERTS IN THIS SECTION ! / Help Please, My Phone Is Showing Number Busy Even When Its Not / FG To Reduce Data Cost From N1,000 To N390 Per Gigabyte

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.