Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,324 members, 7,811,958 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:56 AM

The Roots (Kunta Kinte) On DVD? - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / The Roots (Kunta Kinte) On DVD? (29348 Views)

Did You Remember This Character "Kunta Kinte" In The ROOTS / When Revenge Season 2 Come Out On DVD / Tinsel On Dvd Available? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Roots (Kunta Kinte) On DVD? by babaibadan(m): 4:00am On Aug 04, 2006
Am trying to get the DVD got any information on it. Its about slavery.NTA aired the soap opera in those days.
KUNTA KUNTE

Re: The Roots (Kunta Kinte) On DVD? by ZuluNation(m): 4:04am On Aug 04, 2006
You can get it very cheap on ebay or rent it from any of your video store.
Re: The Roots (Kunta Kinte) On DVD? by babaibadan(m): 4:13am On Aug 04, 2006
thanks man found it just now. But its damned too expensive $30
Re: The Roots (Kunta Kinte) On DVD? by iice(f): 7:29am On Aug 04, 2006
Yeah i watched it when i was a kid, hmmmmm dont want 2 watch it again, its soooo sorrowful, dont think i can take it wink
Re: The Roots (Kunta Kinte) On DVD? by janetgurl: 8:45am On Aug 04, 2006
it looks cool,but never seen it yet
Re: The Roots (Kunta Kinte) On DVD? by babaibadan(m): 5:36pm On Aug 04, 2006
iice:

Yeah i watched it when i was a kid, hmmmmm don't want 2 watch it again, its soooo sorrowful, don't think i can take it wink
when i saw it as kid,i was young to undastand what was going on.The only part that was interesting to me was where a gun or fighting surfaced.i really wanna see it. it sure will bring back some childhood memories.
Re: The Roots (Kunta Kinte) On DVD? by iice(f): 5:41pm On Aug 04, 2006
Hmmm i knw what u mean i ddnt understand most of it but i knew it was about slavery even at the age it was painful for me to watch. Anyhow sha i hope u get the dvd cheesy
Re: The Roots (Kunta Kinte) On DVD? by babaibadan(m): 5:46pm On Aug 04, 2006
iice:

Hmmm i knw what u mean i ddnt understand most of it but i knew it was about slavery even at the age it was painful for me to watch. Anyhow sha i hope u get the dvd cheesy
thanks found it on ebay.
Re: The Roots (Kunta Kinte) On DVD? by Busta(f): 8:42pm On Aug 04, 2006
who hasn't

very good movie!
Re: The Roots (Kunta Kinte) On DVD? by Christino(m): 7:27pm On Aug 06, 2006
A masterpiece from Alex Harley. Toby was the man.
Re: The Roots (Kunta Kinte) On DVD? by Oracle(m): 11:57pm On Aug 06, 2006
great movie
Re: The Roots (Kunta Kinte) On DVD? by Izzo(m): 2:38am On Aug 07, 2006
I've that movie i guess once or twice ; it was really interesting and touchy emotional.
Re: The Roots (Kunta Kinte) On DVD? by babaibadan(m): 2:12pm On Aug 07, 2006
Izzo:

I've that movie i guess once or twice ; it was really interesting and touchy emotional.
is the movie still with you?
Re: The Roots (Kunta Kinte) On DVD? by Christino(m): 4:26pm On Aug 07, 2006
How many hours?
Re: The Roots (Kunta Kinte) On DVD? by Izzo(m): 6:49pm On Aug 07, 2006
No, so sorry i don't have it with me and it has been a while i watched it ten years ago. Have u checked out the video clubs 2 see if they ave it. just a suggestion.
Re: The Roots (Kunta Kinte) On DVD? by babaibadan(m): 7:43pm On Aug 07, 2006
Izzo:

No, so sorry i don't have it with me and it has been a while i watched it ten years ago. Have u checked out the video clubs 2 see if they ave it. just a suggestion.
yaeh well i will check that out thanks
Re: The Roots (Kunta Kinte) On DVD? by Izzo(m): 1:10am On Aug 12, 2006
Sure thing! not probs.
Re: The Roots (Kunta Kinte) On DVD? by AkinsB1: 9:43am On Feb 14, 2007
Good news y'all, word on the street is that Roots is coming back on NTA during the second quarter (April-June). its in commemoration of 200 years of the abolition os slave trade (1807 - 2007). What y'all think
Re: The Roots (Kunta Kinte) On DVD? by babaibadan(m): 2:32am On Feb 15, 2007
oh lawd! i would miss that.
Re: The Roots (Kunta Kinte) On DVD? by AfroKorea: 8:33am On Mar 01, 2007
Kunte Kinte on DVD
Re: The Roots (Kunta Kinte) On DVD? by 9ja4eva: 6:44am On Apr 10, 2007
Wow a great movie.Is dere a site where i can watch it online.I love d movie and watched it years ago.
Re: The Roots (Kunta Kinte) On DVD? by babaibadan(m): 6:58pm On Apr 10, 2007
TV one is airing this drama presently. I have been buring with resentment for those crackers recently
angry
Re: The Roots (Kunta Kinte) On DVD? by Seun(m): 7:08pm On Apr 10, 2007
I hate films about slavery. Bad deeds from the ancient past should be buried and forgotten so we can progress!
Re: The Roots (Kunta Kinte) On DVD? by DewDrop(f): 7:22pm On Apr 10, 2007
@ Seun- You can't be serious!
I definitely disagree!
At most, I would recommend that films about slavery be given their proper places in history so that we don't have to bombard people with it (yup there's at times some level of bombardment)

Remember: "Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it." George Santayana
Re: The Roots (Kunta Kinte) On DVD? by babaibadan(m): 2:08am On Apr 11, 2007
Its not to be buried, coming generations are supposed to know what their ancestors went thru and where they are from especially african-americans who deny their african heritage. Those whites really think they are superior, I am yet to see that.
Dew drop u have spoken well.

N.B:- Rosewood and Amistad among others are must see movies too.

Black and Proud.
Racism is still very much around, take for example Don Imus' recent comments about the rutger university womens basketball team. sad
Re: The Roots (Kunta Kinte) On DVD? by 9ja4eva: 2:17am On Apr 11, 2007
Don Imus shld be fired.i feel sorry for dose Black Americans.Anyone knows where i can watch or buy the movie online pls
Re: The Roots (Kunta Kinte) On DVD? by babaibadan(m): 2:20am On Apr 11, 2007
9ja4eva:

Don Imus shld be fired.i feel sorry for dose Black Americans.Anyone knows where i can watch or buy the movie online please
tune to TV one and see some of the episodes

and firing Imus wont solve anything
Re: The Roots (Kunta Kinte) On DVD? by 9ja4eva: 2:27am On Apr 11, 2007
Huh where is it airing.D guy is a flimsy talker.I tink sacking him will make others nt ply that route.
Re: The Roots (Kunta Kinte) On DVD? by babaibadan(m): 2:40am On Apr 11, 2007
9ja4eva:

Huh where is it airing.D guy is a flimsy talker.I think sacking him will make others nt ply that route.
if u are on comcast, TV One is the station before BET. am watching theroots now angry
Re: The Roots (Kunta Kinte) On DVD? by 9ja4eva: 2:42am On Apr 11, 2007
Nah i cnt seem to get it oh.Do u know where i can watch or buy it online
Re: The Roots (Kunta Kinte) On DVD? by babaibadan(m): 2:46am On Apr 11, 2007
its on ebay.com
"Roots" author Alex Haley with Georg Stanford Brown on the set of "Roots: The Next Generations"

Re: The Roots (Kunta Kinte) On DVD? by 9ja4eva: 2:48am On Apr 11, 2007
K thanks wld check it out now.An amazing movie

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Profile Of Amaka, BBNaija Season 7 Housemate / Photos From Big Brother Naija Saturday Night Party (Week 9) / Anike Agbaje-Williams: Nigeria's First Female TV Presenter Is 87 Today (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.