Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,534 members, 7,847,217 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 01:00 PM

Top Secret; Nigerian Scientists Launch Rocket From Lasu. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Top Secret; Nigerian Scientists Launch Rocket From Lasu. (12185 Views)

Military: Boko Haram Rocket Making Factory Photos Not Real / Secret Nigerian Drinking Dens In Kano / The Secret Nigerian Politcians Will Die To Keep Secret By Henry Omoregie (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top Secret; Nigerian Scientists Launch Rocket From Lasu. by bawomolo(m): 4:01pm On Nov 18, 2008
toilet_Rol:

Nigerians are fools- lets say this is true, and Nigerians themselves don't beleive in the capability of Nigerians, then, how can the country progress?

I am amazed at the bunch of fools packed together and called Nigerians.

the question isn't whether it's true, the question is WTF are they building for it to be top secret.  a space shuttle? and where could lasu have gotten the funding from
Re: Top Secret; Nigerian Scientists Launch Rocket From Lasu. by shotster50(m): 9:54pm On Nov 18, 2008
@ Bawomolo

I guess that makes Toilet_Rol a fool too.
Re: Top Secret; Nigerian Scientists Launch Rocket From Lasu. by lucabrasi(m): 10:04pm On Nov 18, 2008
@bawomolo
i dnt get it,now u r saying the authenticity is not in question, a clear depature from your comments earlier, you still dont know what size it was so how r u sure how much it cost?moreover do you know if it was the conditions stipulated by whoever was financing the project?all these and your questions are in the realm of speculation so why jump to conclsions
Re: Top Secret; Nigerian Scientists Launch Rocket From Lasu. by bawomolo(m): 10:14pm On Nov 18, 2008
lucabrasi:

@bawomolo
i dnt get it,now u r saying the authenticity is not in question, a clear depature from your comments earlier, you still don't know what size it was so how r u sure how much it cost?moreover do you know if it was the conditions stipulated by whoever was financing the project?all these and your questions are in the realm of speculation so why jump to conclsions

call me a skeptic but calling this top secret just sets the BS alarm. why hasn't a picture being released now it hasn't been secret anymore. the authenticity is in question if the details are heavily guarded. even NASA doesn't keep a space shuttle launch a secret.
Re: Top Secret; Nigerian Scientists Launch Rocket From Lasu. by lucabrasi(m): 10:38pm On Nov 18, 2008
i dont see anything strange in keeping an experiment which is the first of its kind in that part of the world top secret,have you seen a construction site in nigeria?apart from the health and safety issues,it is totally walled up and covered, same goes for movies talk less of a scientific experiment, the only information we have heard of the whole thing is from one single source , a newspaper journalist, not even an interview from the supposed head of the whole project,so if the guys have not been given a chance to explain things with their own mouth the way and manner they want to,how do we know what the true picture is?for all we know the expose might not have been sanctioned by the scientists,and the journalists might have only gotten a part of the news,
Re: Top Secret; Nigerian Scientists Launch Rocket From Lasu. by Kobojunkie: 10:39pm On Nov 18, 2008
roflmao!!
Re: Top Secret; Nigerian Scientists Launch Rocket From Lasu. by naijaway(m): 12:39am On Nov 19, 2008
Hmmm, intresting enough. It is better to try and afterall rumor has it dat is possible.
Re: Top Secret; Nigerian Scientists Launch Rocket From Lasu. by texazzpete(m): 7:44pm On Nov 19, 2008
Are we so desperate for any sign of progress that we whip ourselves into a frenzy over nothing?
First off, you cannot launch rockets in a metropolitan environment in secret. The noise, the shockwaves, the plumes of flame and smoke are all visible telltales.

Homeless palestinians have been launching Qassam II rockets for years now. germany launched the v1 and V2 rockets during world war 2, over 60 years ago and we're here imagining we're catching up.
hell, even when i was in primary school and dreamt of being an astronaut one day, i had books showing how to build a solid and liquid fuel rocket. Plans for homemade rockets are available online and we're clapping ourselves on the back. A whole country still behind homeless palestinians!!

This so-called space agency should be made to show what they have achieved so far to deserve the name and the funds allocated to them. Unserious people! When other countries parade their technological advances we are here appealing to the conspiracy theorists and talking about secret launches.
Re: Top Secret; Nigerian Scientists Launch Rocket From Lasu. by Gamine(f): 12:00am On Nov 20, 2008
ROTFLMAO!!

Nigeria my Nigeria! grin
Re: Top Secret; Nigerian Scientists Launch Rocket From Lasu. by bawomolo(m): 3:08am On Nov 20, 2008
texazzpete:

Are we so desperate for any sign of progress that we whip ourselves into a frenzy over nothing?
First off, you cannot launch rockets in a metropolitan environment in secret. The noise, the shockwaves, the plumes of flame and smoke are all visible telltales.

Homeless palestinians have been launching Qassam II rockets for years now. germany launched the v1 and V2 rockets during world war 2, over 60 years ago and we're here imagining we're catching up.
hell, even when i was in primary school and dreamt of being an astronaut one day, i had books showing how to build a solid and liquid fuel rocket. Plans for homemade rockets are available online and we're clapping ourselves on the back. A whole country still behind homeless palestinians!!

This so-called space agency should be made to show what they have achieved so far to deserve the name and the funds allocated to them. Unserious people! When other countries parade their technological advances we are here appealing to the conspiracy theorists and talking about secret launches.

bingo.

nothing should be secret except they are embarrassed about a failed launch. even north korea loves to parade it's rockets
Re: Top Secret; Nigerian Scientists Launch Rocket From Lasu. by oderemo(m): 9:33pm On Nov 20, 2008
lets be specific here , we dont need to work at these tech. its there . just go and steal it . ask the russians, parkistani., indian,iran etc. how they stole their tech. what do you think state inteligence is for , live in the real world my friend.
Re: Top Secret; Nigerian Scientists Launch Rocket From Lasu. by guysmat(m): 10:08am On Mar 21, 2009
If we're discussing it on this forum, then it's no more secret.
All said & done, if the writeup is true, then they've got my 2 thumbs up; I'd however advise that the beta testers emulate the chinese & japanese by going all out to "acquire" the technological data they require to jump start their research. Starting from the very scratch would be like trying out what our friends on Brainiacs toy with on a daily basis. The real stuff is out there waiting to be grabbed.
Best of luck.
Re: Top Secret; Nigerian Scientists Launch Rocket From Lasu. by Nobody: 10:49am On Mar 21, 2009
Am proud of ma country 9ja grin and on d other ashamed of her sad
Re: Top Secret; Nigerian Scientists Launch Rocket From Lasu. by texazzpete(m): 2:21pm On Mar 21, 2009
This topic is still on?

Worthless buffoons. Give me N100 million and a good selection of top graduates from Nigerian universities and i launch something in 6 months!

http://www.switched.com/2009/03/18/students-take-space-photos-with-simple-latex-balloon-and-digi-ca/

Spanish teenagers launched a baloon up to 100000 feet, snapping photos of the fringes of space with an onboard camera. Teenagers!!
Re: Top Secret; Nigerian Scientists Launch Rocket From Lasu. by otokx(m): 2:24pm On Mar 21, 2009
i guess the rocket was launched in the toilet from you know what hence its a secret.
Re: Top Secret; Nigerian Scientists Launch Rocket From Lasu. by wirinet(m): 6:01pm On Mar 21, 2009
lucabrasi:

i dont see anything strange in keeping an experiment which is the first of its kind in that part of the world top secret,have you seen a construction site in nigeria?apart from the health and safety issues,it is totally walled up and covered, same goes for movies talk less of a scientific experiment, the only information we have heard of the whole thing is from one single source , a newspaper journalist, not even an interview from the supposed head of the whole project,so if the guys have not been given a chance to explain things with their own mouth the way and manner they want to,how do we know what the true picture is?for all we know the expose might not have been sanctioned by the scientists,and the journalists might have only gotten a part of the news,

Lucabrasi, i really feel you. You are the average nigerian who is super patriotic beyond reason. But the reality on the ground contradicts your patriotism, so let me bring you back to realism.

1. Your beloved country is so backwards technologically, that we have industrial chemistry graduates that cannot make detergent or soap, we have electrical electronics graduates that cannot use Logic gates and cannot repair ordinary TVs not to talk of LCD TVs or plasma TVs. We have mechanical engineering graduates that cannot make or repair ordinary "i better pass my neighbour generators" not to talk of industrial machines. And you talk of making a rocket.

2. Our universities are just certificate awarding institutions as NO RESEARCH takes place in them, i was in OAU IFE for 7 yrs and did not hear of any breakthrough research in that time and then the education standard was better. The Labs are empty with the equipments outdated. Also the lecturers are teaching outdated technology. And LASU is not known to be a technologically inclined institution.

3. There are virtually no funds allocated to research in our universities, and the general allocation is just enough to pay salaries of staff and just enough for the VC to steal. The lecturers augment their salaries by selling handouts ( which every student must buy if they want to pass.

So i thing there are more important things to make than rockets, our universities should make transformers, design and make mini refineries, make forged metals and metal sheets and plates, make improved seedlings and a host of other badly needed technology. We do not need to send a man to mars.
Re: Top Secret; Nigerian Scientists Launch Rocket From Lasu. by mccloud224(m): 11:02pm On Aug 12, 2009
@Topic

It is true.They launched the rocket successfully.It flew over festac and land in my back yard.

We don't have credible airlines and they are talking about rockets.
Re: Top Secret; Nigerian Scientists Launch Rocket From Lasu. by nex(m): 11:15pm On Aug 12, 2009
Is this the extension of Snow White and the 7 dwarfs?

This is all dairytale.

Just to be clear again, is it Ojo campus area or Epe?
Re: Top Secret; Nigerian Scientists Launch Rocket From Lasu. by davidif: 11:33pm On Aug 12, 2009
ha ha ha ha, this topic is funny.
Re: Top Secret; Nigerian Scientists Launch Rocket From Lasu. by nex(m): 2:35am On Aug 13, 2009
Is this the extension of Snow White and the 7 dwarfs?

This is all dairytale.

Just to be clear again, is it Ojo campus area or Epe?
Re: Top Secret; Nigerian Scientists Launch Rocket From Lasu. by Nobody: 8:28am On Aug 13, 2009
Oooooooops! What is this?
Rocket or advance fireworks
its fscking hysteria!
Re: Top Secret; Nigerian Scientists Launch Rocket From Lasu. by DisGuy: 4:28pm On Aug 14, 2009
you can get one on ebay!!! cool
just buy some little screwdrivers aswell
Re: Top Secret; Nigerian Scientists Launch Rocket From Lasu. by Beaf: 5:07pm On Aug 14, 2009
wirinet:

Lucabrasi, i really feel you. You are the average nigerian who is super patriotic beyond reason. But the reality on the ground contradicts your patriotism, so let me bring you back to realism.

1. Your beloved country is so backwards technologically, that we have industrial chemistry graduates that cannot make detergent or soap, we have electrical electronics graduates that cannot use Logic gates and cannot repair ordinary TVs not to talk of LCD TVs or plasma TVs. We have mechanical engineering graduates that cannot make or repair ordinary "i better pass my neighbour generators" not to talk of industrial machines. And you talk of making a rocket.

2. Our universities are just certificate awarding institutions as NO RESEARCH takes place in them, i was in OAU IFE for 7 yrs and did not hear of any breakthrough research in that time and then the education standard was better. The Labs are empty with the equipments outdated. Also the lecturers are teaching outdated technology. And LASU is not known to be a technologically inclined institution.

3. There are virtually no funds allocated to research in our universities, and the general allocation is just enough to pay salaries of staff and just enough for the VC to steal. The lecturers augment their salaries by selling handouts ( which every student must buy if they want to pass.

So i thing there are more important things to make than rockets, our universities should make transformers, design and make mini refineries, make forged metals and metal sheets and plates, make improved seedlings and a host of other badly needed technology. We do not need to send a man to mars.

No! Mechanical engineers have no business repairing generators. Engineers analyse, design and build. Technicians on the other hand use, fine-tune, maintain and repair finished engineering products.

I agree with the rest of your post, but we do need people who can understand rocketry. Rockets are also used to send satellites into space; for weather prediction, population estimation, archaeology, mineral prospecting, communications etc etc
Re: Top Secret; Nigerian Scientists Launch Rocket From Lasu. by adaku123(f): 7:06pm On Aug 19, 2009
LWKM!!! We aint launching s/h/i/t,  Pls oh hmmm!! Am saying my own now oh!! dey shouldnt wipeout LASU when they are testing dat banger!! grin grin grin=))smiley)
Re: Top Secret; Nigerian Scientists Launch Rocket From Lasu. by fio(m): 9:20pm On Oct 22, 2012
Wonderfull..@least some people are doing something with their time and money, with great future hope. I believe so much in these.
Re: Top Secret; Nigerian Scientists Launch Rocket From Lasu. by Nobody: 9:54pm On Oct 22, 2012
texazzpete: Are we so desperate for any sign of progress that we whip ourselves into a frenzy over nothing?

Why don't you shut your dirty ignorant trap and do some thinking before blabbing rubbish? Someone (lucabrais) just posted a brilliant riposte to the negative comments above, and instead of you to take that on board, you ignore it to regurgitate the same garbage with zero information? Buffoon.
Re: Top Secret; Nigerian Scientists Launch Rocket From Lasu. by Pamelayoung: 8:49pm On Jun 06, 2015
Nigerian's have got talents too, why underming our ability.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lamido Sanusi Accuses Adeboye Of Shielding Thieves / Senator Bassey Albert Officially Joins Young Progressives Party (YPP) / South East Leaders To Meet President Tinubu Over Insecurity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.